Therapy Weighted Blanket

Therapy Weighted Blanket

See the Best Weighted Blankets in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Therapy Blanket

Pros

• 30-night trial

• Hypoallergenic glass beads

• Smart zip design

Cons

• Beads may bunch up

• Returns process can be tricky

KathGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor quality stitching

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased in August 2021 for $210.00.

Kath

Email from customer service also says if they have the right to charge me 50% if they don't find the return in new condition

Therapy Blanket reserves the right to apply a 50% fee to blankets that are returned slightly below near new condition.

Love it! Just treat with care.

I did experience an issue with my blanket. The customer service team was extremely helpful in helping me rectify the quality issue.
--> The glass beads can come out, but if you treat the blanket with care it shouldn't be an issue.
Bottom line is I love my therapy blanket, it has really helped me consistently get a good nights sleep, plus it really is very calming :)

Purchased in June 2021.

Melanie P.
Melanie P.South East Queensland, QLD

Fine if you only use it for a year

Similar to other users, found that the glass beads leave their pockets after a while and bunch up in the corners of the blanket. Tiny glass beads have also started coming out through the stitching. Contacted customer service to see if it was repairable (it is now 4 months outside the 12 month warranty). No interest in helping once it is outside warranty period. Won't be purchasing from them again and will try another brand. Really disappointing.

Purchased in December 2019.

Poor quality

The glass moves around and doesn’t stay in their pockets. The zipper connecting the cover to the blanket is of terrible quality and didn’t work at all. I emailed them and they asked me to send a video. I did this and they wrote an email back asking for further videos of the faulty zipper... I’m too scared to try returning it from all the other commmens of people having lots of trouble getting a refund.

Unhappy customer
Unhappy customerSydney Surrounds, NSW

Find another supplier

Purchased in August 2020 for $235.00.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Poor customer service

I used the weight guide on their website and the blanket was so heavy I woke up with muscle pain each morning. I contacted the company who said offered no assistance and said I had to pay all return shipping to exchange. I also explained that I couldn’t carry such a heavy blanket to the post office and don’t have a car, to which the reply was ‘get a friend to help.’ That is currently not possible under the restrictions in Victoria. This all seems unreasonable when I used the guide on their website. I now have a $250 blanket I cannot use. Avoid this company.

Purchased in September 2020 for $250.00.

Ömer Batın G.
Ömer Batın G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

If you only use it for a year!

Just after a year of purchase, the cells that keep the glass bits apart already disrupted. If you take the cover sheet off, be ready to see small glass parts all over. Besides, since the weight re-distributes once this happens, what you have at the end is a meaningless blanket with no weights at all in the middle where your body lyes under, and kilos of weight where it already sits on the bed! Waste of money at the end. Customer service gives a 50% discount for your NEXT purchase as if they do not do this to everyone who visits their website!

Purchased in May 2019 for $268.00.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales

Clara V.7 Dec 2021
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Richard M
Richard MGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good product and great after sales service

Product really does help you sleep better. And having a ‘warm’ and a ‘cool’ side to the cover really makes a positive difference.

My blanket started losing some of its fill recently, towards the end of the warranty period. Customer service team asked for some pictures as evidence, then immediately offered a replacement. Very good service.

Purchased in September 2019 for $220.00.

Very heavy. Returned it.

Received as a gift (bamboo blanket). The 7kg weight was too heavy, even though it was 10% of my body weight. I found I had aches in my legs after using. It didn't improve my sleep. It is nice and warm and it didn't move. We returned it and received full refund.

Purchased in May 2020 at Therapy blanket.

Kehlani
KehlaniSydney, NSW

my most favorite "Security blanket"

I love this blanket, the quality is therapeutic and it gives me the security I need. It feels food to sleep in it and melt myself away while I sleep.

Purchased in January 2020.

Heather
HeatherSydney Surrounds, NSW

Didn’t like it

jacinta f.
jacinta f.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing nights sleep but size an issue

Once I got used to sleeping under the weight I get an amazing nights sleep. However was a bit disappointed with the size. It’s supposed to be a queen blanket but you would struggle to have two people sleeping under it on a queen sized bed.

Purchased in March 2020.

Review collected in partnership with Therapy Blanket

Mellyjh
Mellyjh

Great Product

The blanket has taken a bit of getting used to but it is very good quality and customer service was great. It is very warm though, even with the adaptive cover so it’s not getting much use yet as Queensland is still very warm at the moment. I’m looking forward to using it more when the weather cools down further. Very happy with the purchase. Look for promo codes to help with cost of purchase. I used code ‘autumn’ to receive a 50% discount.

Purchased in April 2020 for $195.00.

Buyer beware. Read all the fine print.

Blanket was too heavy for me - because I didn’t have the original zip lock bags & outer cardboard box that was delivered I was not eligible for a refund. Terrible customer service.

Purchased in December 2019.

One huge pro, several niggles

Purchased in December 2019 for $120.00.

Silvia M.
Silvia M.asked

Therapy blanket is all round season? I’m in Victoria thanks Silvia

Therapy Blanket
Katerina C.Therapy Blanket

Hi Silvia, thank you for your inquiry! Yes, correct and we have two different kinds of materials to choose from to better suit your preference for the blankets namely Adaptive Series and Bamboo Series.

Adaptive Series - also known as our all-year blanket for its cover that is made up of buttery-soft, micro plush side that helps keep one warm and the other side made of Bamboo that is cool to the feeling. The fabric of its inner blanket is also pure cotton. (https://therapyblanket.com.au/products/therapy-blanket)

Bamboo Series - this option is more breathable and perfect for areas that have warmer weather or for users who sleep hot and tend to sweat more in their sleep. The fabric is pure Bamboo from its cover down to its inner blanket, making it more breathable. Have I also mentioned that this comes with a free pillowcase? Definitely cool! (https://therapyblanket.com.au/products/therapy-bamboo-weighted-blanket)

You may also buy an extra cover as desired so you may enjoy both worlds! Let us know should you need at any time by emailing us at support@therapyblanket.com.au. Cheers!

Shannon F.
Shannon F.asked

Have emailed and put in an online question regarding where my blanket is that I ordered with express postage and have not received any responses. Getting very worried about being scammed.

Lola
Lola

I don't think you have anything to worry about. They are super busy and a small company. I found them very professional.

Susan
Susanasked

Dear All
Could anyone advise do we need to wash the cover before we first use?

See all Therapy Weighted Blanket questions

Get an answer from our members and Therapy Blanket representatives

Fostering a sense of calmness, weighted blankets are engineered to help relax your body and mind and drift you into a restful night’s sleep. By applying evenly distributed pressure over your body, it simulates a feeling of being hugged.

Features

• Promotes a deeper sleep: The therapy blanket simulates the feeling of being hugged which reduces body movement and helps to maximise relaxation, enabling you to get a deeper, more restful night’s sleep.
  • Reduces stress: Therapy’s weighted blanket solution uses “deep touch pressure” to help stimulate pressure points on the body. This can help improve mood, sleep and achieve an overall feeling of calmness.
  • 30 night trial
  • Machine washable cover
  • Hypoallergenic

Products

The Bamboo Series

Made from 100% luxurious bamboo lyocell, this eco-friendly weighted blanket has remarkable breathability and feels amazing against the skin.

If you’re a hot sleeper or live in a warm environment, then Therapy’s Bamboo Series weighted blanket uses moisture wicking technology to keep you feeling cool and stress-free all night.

These weighted blankets are filled with high density glass dura-beads sewn into individual 10 x 10 cm pockets, the weight is guaranteed to be evenly distributed across your whole body. The micro-beads are non-toxic, food-grade and odourless, making them the perfect choice.

Featuring a SmartZip design along with internal fasteners attaching your cover and weighted blanket, you can say goodbye to bunching and sagging.

Weighted blankets come with a complimentary bamboo pillowcase.

The Adaptive™ Series

An upgrade of The Original Series, this is Therapy’s most advanced & versatile design yet. It's reversible for summer/winter use and features an innovative SmartZip™ design.

The Adaptive Series features a two-sided cover with one side made with cooling bamboo fabric and the other made with buttery soft micro plush. This gives you the chance to pick the side that best suits your temperature preferences at any given time.

Therapy’s Adaptive Series weighted blankets are made from 100% long-staple premium cotton. They’re filled with high-density glass dura beads sewn into individual 10 x 10 cm pockets.

What reviewers thought

This product is rated highly by reviewers who enjoy the heavy tucked in feeling. Some reviewers complained that the beads redistributed with use and eventually began to leak out between the stitches. The returns process tends to be tricky for those without a car - and you may not get a full refund if there are some threads missing.

Overall, reviewers were happy with the product which provided people some of the most comfortable sleeps yet.