Therapy Weighted Blanket

Therapy Weighted Blanket

See the Best Weighted Blankets in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Therapy Blanket

Pros

• 30-night trial

• Hypoallergenic glass beads

• Smart zip design

Cons

• Beads may bunch up

• Returns process can be tricky

Loose threads and poor stitching

Didn't think the first thing I'd do with my $200+ blanket would be fixing loose threads and poor stitching.. on both the cover and blanket itself! The zip is of poor quality and also has stitching coming loose. I've only just opened the package and have yet to try sleeping with it but this first impression is hardly great considering the price.

Purchased in November 2020.

Hi Nicole,

We are very sorry to hear this. If you could please contact our support team, we will be able to assist you with a solution. Our email is support@therapyblanket.com.au

Jill H
Jill HSouth East Queensland, QLD

King too heavy. Try a cheaper alternative first.

Purchased in July 2020 at Therapy Blanket for $249.50.

phippsie
phippsie

Poorly made and doesn't last

While initially delighted with the blanket, after 12 months it has become apparent that there is a design flaw. After a time, the glass beads redistribute between the squares so some are bulging and others empty. Especially at the edges and in the middle (I had a Queen size shared between 2 people). Also the beads began to leak out of the blanket between the stitches.
Response from customer service although prompt was unhelpful. Apparently 2 months out of warranty is too long to do anything. Will try another brand for my next purchase.

Purchased in May 2019 for $300.00.

Very heavy. Returned it.

Received as a gift (bamboo blanket). The 7kg weight was too heavy, even though it was 10% of my body weight. I found I had aches in my legs after using. It didn't improve my sleep. It is nice and warm and it didn't move. We returned it and received full refund.

Purchased in May 2020 at Therapy blanket.

Weighted Blankets

Find out how Therapy Weighted Blanket compares to other Weighted Blankets

jacinta f.
jacinta f.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing nights sleep but size an issue

Once I got used to sleeping under the weight I get an amazing nights sleep. However was a bit disappointed with the size. It’s supposed to be a queen blanket but you would struggle to have two people sleeping under it on a queen sized bed.

Purchased in March 2020.

Flawed design

These seem great at first but the stitching used to seal the beads in pockets isn't adequate at containing them after prolonged use. Both myself and my partner bought one. Both blankets got extremely lumpy within 6 months with the beads migrating away from the centre of the blanket toward the edges. One blanket even had the tiny beads leaking into the outer cover so that even removing the cover became a messy experience.

After contacting support they shipped us two replacement blankets. We were hoping they were just from a bad batch, but the new blankets are suffering the same fate after just another 6 months.

They were great at first but just don't seem to be built to last.

Purchased in April 2019.

Andrew F
Andrew FLaunceston, TAS

Poorly designed and not worth the price tag.

Purchased at therapyblanket.com.au.

Christopher F.
Christopher F.New South Wales

Decent but expensive

Bought during the Autumn ($125 discount) sale and took a punt on getting the blanket due to good reviews, also got the Summer cover. The blanket is good, you will miss it if you don't use it for a night. However for me the price it just a bit too much - even with the discount

Update (2020): Downgraded to 3 stars as I find that I no longer have much of a use for this blanket, effectively making it useless to me despite the high cost.

Purchased in March 2019 for $288.00.

Kate S
Kate SSydney, NSW

Making a difference

I think I might have got a blanket that was a little too heavy. It is making a difference - but not as much as I was hoping. Will give it time.

Purchased in May 2019 at on line for $280.00.

Hi Kate,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. You're welcome to exchange for a lighter weight - just email at support@therapyblanket.com.au if you'd like to do this :)

Weighted Blankets

Find out how Therapy Weighted Blanket compares to other Weighted Blankets

Feels nice but sleep hasn't improved

The weight of the blanket is comfortable and I like the cosiness of it especially in winter but my sleep habits have not changed. I still go to sleep easily but don't stay asleep for more than an hour or two and then have difficulty getting back to sleep; therefore feel tired during the day. I had been hopeful that the Therapy blanket would be helpful but not so.

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Silvia M.
Silvia M.asked

Therapy blanket is all round season? I’m in Victoria thanks Silvia

Katerina C.Therapy Blanket

Hi Silvia, thank you for your inquiry! Yes, correct and we have two different kinds of materials to choose from to better suit your preference for the blankets namely Adaptive Series and Bamboo Series.

Adaptive Series - also known as our all-year blanket for its cover that is made up of buttery-soft, micro plush side that helps keep one warm and the other side made of Bamboo that is cool to the feeling. The fabric of its inner blanket is also pure cotton. (https://therapyblanket.com.au/products/therapy-blanket)

Bamboo Series - this option is more breathable and perfect for areas that have warmer weather or for users who sleep hot and tend to sweat more in their sleep. The fabric is pure Bamboo from its cover down to its inner blanket, making it more breathable. Have I also mentioned that this comes with a free pillowcase? Definitely cool! (https://therapyblanket.com.au/products/therapy-bamboo-weighted-blanket)

You may also buy an extra cover as desired so you may enjoy both worlds! Let us know should you need at any time by emailing us at support@therapyblanket.com.au. Cheers!

Shannon F.
Shannon F.asked

Have emailed and put in an online question regarding where my blanket is that I ordered with express postage and have not received any responses. Getting very worried about being scammed.

Lola
Lola

I don't think you have anything to worry about. They are super busy and a small company. I found them very professional.

Susan
Susanasked

Dear All
Could anyone advise do we need to wash the cover before we first use?

See all Therapy Weighted Blanket questions

Get an answer from our members and Therapy Blanket representatives

Fostering a sense of calmness, weighted blankets are engineered to help relax your body and mind and drift you into a restful night’s sleep. By applying evenly distributed pressure over your body, it simulates a feeling of being hugged.

Features

• Promotes a deeper sleep: The therapy blanket simulates the feeling of being hugged which reduces body movement and helps to maximise relaxation, enabling you to get a deeper, more restful night’s sleep.
  • Reduces stress: Therapy’s weighted blanket solution uses “deep touch pressure” to help stimulate pressure points on the body. This can help improve mood, sleep and achieve an overall feeling of calmness.
  • 30 night trial
  • Machine washable cover
  • Hypoallergenic

Products

The Bamboo Series

Made from 100% luxurious bamboo lyocell, this eco-friendly weighted blanket has remarkable breathability and feels amazing against the skin.

If you’re a hot sleeper or live in a warm environment, then Therapy’s Bamboo Series weighted blanket uses moisture wicking technology to keep you feeling cool and stress-free all night.

These weighted blankets are filled with high density glass dura-beads sewn into individual 10 x 10 cm pockets, the weight is guaranteed to be evenly distributed across your whole body. The micro-beads are non-toxic, food-grade and odourless, making them the perfect choice.

Featuring a SmartZip design along with internal fasteners attaching your cover and weighted blanket, you can say goodbye to bunching and sagging.

Weighted blankets come with a complimentary bamboo pillowcase.

The Adaptive™ Series

An upgrade of The Original Series, this is Therapy’s most advanced & versatile design yet. It's reversible for summer/winter use and features an innovative SmartZip™ design.

The Adaptive Series features a two-sided cover with one side made with cooling bamboo fabric and the other made with buttery soft micro plush. This gives you the chance to pick the side that best suits your temperature preferences at any given time.

Therapy’s Adaptive Series weighted blankets are made from 100% long-staple premium cotton. They’re filled with high-density glass dura beads sewn into individual 10 x 10 cm pockets.

What reviewers thought

This product is rated highly by reviewers who enjoy the heavy tucked in feeling. Some reviewers complained that the beads redistributed with use and eventually began to leak out between the stitches. The returns process tends to be tricky for those without a car - and you may not get a full refund if there are some threads missing.

Overall, reviewers were happy with the product which provided people some of the most comfortable sleeps yet.