Therapy Weighted Blanket

Therapy Weighted Blanket

See the Best Weighted Blankets in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Therapy Blanket

Pros

• 30-night trial

• Hypoallergenic glass beads

• Smart zip design

Cons

• Beads may bunch up

• Returns process can be tricky

Love it! Just treat with care.

I did experience an issue with my blanket. The customer service team was extremely helpful in helping me rectify the quality issue.
--> The glass beads can come out, but if you treat the blanket with care it shouldn't be an issue.
Bottom line is I love my therapy blanket, it has really helped me consistently get a good nights sleep, plus it really is very calming :)

Purchased in June 2021.

Richard M
Richard MGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good product and great after sales service

Product really does help you sleep better. And having a ‘warm’ and a ‘cool’ side to the cover really makes a positive difference.

My blanket started losing some of its fill recently, towards the end of the warranty period. Customer service team asked for some pictures as evidence, then immediately offered a replacement. Very good service.

Purchased in September 2019 for $220.00.

Kehlani
KehlaniSydney, NSW

my most favorite "Security blanket"

I love this blanket, the quality is therapeutic and it gives me the security I need. It feels food to sleep in it and melt myself away while I sleep.

Purchased in January 2020.

Mellyjh
Mellyjh

Great Product

The blanket has taken a bit of getting used to but it is very good quality and customer service was great. It is very warm though, even with the adaptive cover so it’s not getting much use yet as Queensland is still very warm at the moment. I’m looking forward to using it more when the weather cools down further. Very happy with the purchase. Look for promo codes to help with cost of purchase. I used code ‘autumn’ to receive a 50% discount.

Purchased in April 2020 for $195.00.

Find out how Therapy Weighted Blanket compares to other Weighted Blankets

One huge pro, several niggles

Purchased in December 2019 for $120.00.

Christina O.
Christina O.Mid North Coast, NSW

Well designed comfort

Purchased in November 2019 at Therapyblanket.

Carmelina1978
Carmelina1978South East Queensland, QLD

Amazing

I got this blanket in the hope it would help my PTSD related nightmares. Since using the blanket I have not had a single nightmare, I was having 3-4 per night before I bought it. Only drawback is that even with the zips and ties to hold it in place, the blanket still bunches up inside the cover.

Purchased in October 2019.

Review collected in partnership with Therapy Blanket

Great product, just a little bit small

I absolutely love this weighted blanket! I have a stress-induced sleep issues, so I was hoping this would give me some relief. I slept like a rock; no tossing, no turning, no waking up in a panic. I will be sleeping with this blanket every night! My husband also loves it, but he only gets to nap with it since I have it all night. That brings me to the one minor issue I have with the blanket design. 1. It is a little small to sleep with at night, but it is perfect for a napping blanket. However, both my husband and I are very tall, so it would probably be fine for someone shorter.

Purchased in August 2019 for $199.00.

Weighted inner blanket

Lovely product but the outer cover is not well made. It is badly sewn with threads left hanging which, considering the price if the product, is disappointing. The inner blanket is good.

Purchased in August 2019.

Mostly fantastic

The weight for this is wonderful and really does help with my anxiety. The only downside is the microfiber cover. The cover ties to the blanket with several internal ties, however this isn't enough to keep the blanket in place. The weighted blanket tends to bunch up in the middle, and due to the weight it's not really possible to "shake it out" and settle it properly. So it's a bit of an ordeal to get it straightened and the weight even. This isn't helped by the fact that one of the internal ties on mine broke, so it was loose at a corner, meaning it was bunching and folding in on itself

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Good blanket

I have found the blanket doesn’t really help settle my son at bed time but once he has fallen asleep with it on he has slept all night since using it :)

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Very comforting

My therapy blanket makes me feel like I’m cosy and swaddled. I’m very happy with it. Only problem is I’m a very restless sleeper so I often have to readjust the lining, but overall it does a great job of relaxing me.

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Silvia M.
Silvia M.asked

Therapy blanket is all round season? I’m in Victoria thanks Silvia

Therapy Blanket
Katerina C.Therapy Blanket

Hi Silvia, thank you for your inquiry! Yes, correct and we have two different kinds of materials to choose from to better suit your preference for the blankets namely Adaptive Series and Bamboo Series.

Adaptive Series - also known as our all-year blanket for its cover that is made up of buttery-soft, micro plush side that helps keep one warm and the other side made of Bamboo that is cool to the feeling. The fabric of its inner blanket is also pure cotton. (https://therapyblanket.com.au/products/therapy-blanket)

Bamboo Series - this option is more breathable and perfect for areas that have warmer weather or for users who sleep hot and tend to sweat more in their sleep. The fabric is pure Bamboo from its cover down to its inner blanket, making it more breathable. Have I also mentioned that this comes with a free pillowcase? Definitely cool! (https://therapyblanket.com.au/products/therapy-bamboo-weighted-blanket)

You may also buy an extra cover as desired so you may enjoy both worlds! Let us know should you need at any time by emailing us at support@therapyblanket.com.au. Cheers!

Shannon F.
Shannon F.asked

Have emailed and put in an online question regarding where my blanket is that I ordered with express postage and have not received any responses. Getting very worried about being scammed.

Lola
Lola

I don't think you have anything to worry about. They are super busy and a small company. I found them very professional.

Susan
Susanasked

Dear All
Could anyone advise do we need to wash the cover before we first use?

See all Therapy Weighted Blanket questions

Get an answer from our members and Therapy Blanket representatives

Fostering a sense of calmness, weighted blankets are engineered to help relax your body and mind and drift you into a restful night’s sleep. By applying evenly distributed pressure over your body, it simulates a feeling of being hugged.

Features

• Promotes a deeper sleep: The therapy blanket simulates the feeling of being hugged which reduces body movement and helps to maximise relaxation, enabling you to get a deeper, more restful night’s sleep.
  • Reduces stress: Therapy’s weighted blanket solution uses “deep touch pressure” to help stimulate pressure points on the body. This can help improve mood, sleep and achieve an overall feeling of calmness.
  • 30 night trial
  • Machine washable cover
  • Hypoallergenic

Products

The Bamboo Series

Made from 100% luxurious bamboo lyocell, this eco-friendly weighted blanket has remarkable breathability and feels amazing against the skin.

If you’re a hot sleeper or live in a warm environment, then Therapy’s Bamboo Series weighted blanket uses moisture wicking technology to keep you feeling cool and stress-free all night.

These weighted blankets are filled with high density glass dura-beads sewn into individual 10 x 10 cm pockets, the weight is guaranteed to be evenly distributed across your whole body. The micro-beads are non-toxic, food-grade and odourless, making them the perfect choice.

Featuring a SmartZip design along with internal fasteners attaching your cover and weighted blanket, you can say goodbye to bunching and sagging.

Weighted blankets come with a complimentary bamboo pillowcase.

The Adaptive™ Series

An upgrade of The Original Series, this is Therapy’s most advanced & versatile design yet. It's reversible for summer/winter use and features an innovative SmartZip™ design.

The Adaptive Series features a two-sided cover with one side made with cooling bamboo fabric and the other made with buttery soft micro plush. This gives you the chance to pick the side that best suits your temperature preferences at any given time.

Therapy’s Adaptive Series weighted blankets are made from 100% long-staple premium cotton. They’re filled with high-density glass dura beads sewn into individual 10 x 10 cm pockets.

What reviewers thought

This product is rated highly by reviewers who enjoy the heavy tucked in feeling. Some reviewers complained that the beads redistributed with use and eventually began to leak out between the stitches. The returns process tends to be tricky for those without a car - and you may not get a full refund if there are some threads missing.

Overall, reviewers were happy with the product which provided people some of the most comfortable sleeps yet.