Thermann Electric Storage Water System

Thermann Electric Storage Water System

250THM36 (250L, 3.6kW), 315THM136 (315L, 3.6kW), 125THM136 (125L, 3.6kW), etc...

1.9

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
tropheusking1980

tropheusking1980South East Queensland, QLD

Was working fine now not producing enough hot water for 4 people

Installed by a licenced plumber and it replaced a 17 yr old Saxon. Less than 5 years on and with regular servicing it's now not producing enough hot water for 2 adults and 2 kids. Have tried to contact them to no avail. I will never buy another one and will be telling everyone to steer clear

Purchased in December 2015 at Reece for A$1,600.00.

wholly s.

wholly s.Sydney, NSW

I am a plumber and these are my preferred heaters.

I replace 5 hot water systems a week on average and I can attest to these heaters being on par with all the big names, if not better.

I have not had a single failure or call back in 3 years.

I only decided to write this review after reading what some sour grapes wrote. Perhaps you should review the plumber and not the heater. Most of the problems related to new hot water systems are installer mistakes, but they won’t tell you that.

By the way. These heaters are made in the same AUSTRALIAN factory as at least 3 other brands. They’re made to a higher specification since Reece have stringent quality control systems in place.

ChuberinoPeel, WA

A few issues but great service by Thermann.

I purchased a THERMANN 160L Hot water system from Solarhart Mandurah & energy house on 15/01/2019.

We have had issues with the unit resetting a few time.

We have had a reply back from Thermann and Rick was extremely helpful and sympathetic to the problems we were having with this unit. He arranged for an electrician to come out and change the thermostat. This has now been changed so we will see if this fixes the issue.
Thank you for taking the time to reply and hopefully fix the problem. Your after sales service has been excellent.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$1,850.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)
Chuberino

Hello thank you for the reply.
My email is- calhod6hotmail.com
Phone is- 0438951294

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Thermann Electric Storage Water System compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Tracey

TraceyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do Not Use This Company Under Any Circumstance

Purchased in March 2017.

Peter M.Hobart, TAS

Rubbish Product & Warranty

Warranty replacement of leaking tank 6-8 mths after $1600 purchase. Plumbers charged $304.50 for “difficult warranty install”. Install ONLY occurred because of their faulty product and I was forced to pay the installation which took 1 plumber 4 hrs and he was assisted by my son. Install comprised cutting and installing one 30 cm length of pipe with 2 pieces, lifting tank over toilet with assistance of my son .

Purchased in June 2019.

Bruce

BruceQLD, 4051

Good Electric Hot Water System

I bought and Installed this Hot Water System (HWS) from a local Plumber in Brisbane to replace my 23 years old saxon HWS.
This Hot Water System is good and produce enough hot water for my family (3 Person).
However, there is only single copper element inside the HWS unit and therefore, I would think, won't last as long as Saxon HWS.
The HWS come with Temperature Regulator, which Prevent people from burning their skin when using hot water.
The Water Temperature is nice and warm.
Overall, I am satisfied with this HWS.

Purchased in January 2020 at State Solar Services for A$1,450.00.

Useless!

Purchased at Reece for A$3,000.00.

Robyn
Robyn
Marty D.

Marty D.South East Queensland, QLD

Great Product and been in house for 2 years now hasn't missed a beat.

Installed and recommended by my mate who is a plumber. Supports a family of 4.
Will be putting a 315 in my new house that I am moving into in 4 weeks just because we are getting dishwasher

Purchased in January 2018 at Reece for A$1,010.00.

Chris.CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awful - failed under 3.5 years

Lasted 3.5 years before failure! Called Thermann to get told no warranty on any electrical components after 1 year. If you're happy to spend $1000 on a new hot water system every three years this system is the one for you!

Purchased in November 2015.

Chris.C

In fairness since contacting Thermann again they allowed me to apply for a conditional "fairgo" warranty. They sent a service tech to the house when I wasn't home and repaired the unit.

JasonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

THERMANN NEVER AGAIN

Good like trying to get in contact with there warranty department, , my understanding is that Reece are part of this brand , so if your looking at buying a thermann there quick to help and sell you one but a warranty claim forget it , stick with Rheem

Purchased in January 2015 at Plumber for A$3,000.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)
Jason

Thank you thermann someone did contact me promptly from a department and I am happy with there response and fast turn around time to resolve the issue
Well done Thurman

Absolute garbage. Didnt even last 2 yrs!

Pressure relief valve went. Less than 2 yrs old.

No warranty. Plumber required to fix.

In 40 yrs of life this has never happened to me.

Plumber I contacted said it's highly unusual for such a young hws.

Dont be fooled into buying thermann.
Absolute garbage.

Purchased in June 2017.

Joe Bloggs

It's the hot water pressure relief valve. The plastic washer was half sitting out of it not allowing it to close properly.

Your comments are of little comfort to me after I've paid a plumber some hefty fees to replace them.

Joe Bloggs

That is terrific news though! That the whole system hasn't failed. Least that would be under warranty

AmyF

AmyFMelbourne

Beware disappointing product with disappointing "service"

I moved into a brand new flat just 20 months ago. On Sunday my power went out, beyond just the flick of a switch in my switch box.
After a night of no power it was fixed Monday. Five minutes later, POP! No power again. The culprit was determined to be this Thermann hot water service, not even two years old.
Thermann outright refused to take any responsibility for their faulty product, even stooping to condescension when I asked whether this was a reasonable life expectancy. "Oh, you must just be unlucky"
One expensive plumber later and it's working again... for now.
Avoid being "unlucky" like me, avoid Thermann!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Daz

DazMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

After 2mths failed

Installed a 160l after other one failed to produce much over luke warm. Well over the 6 yrs I've been here so old one was worth it. But this new thermann model installed and after 2 months, it's failed and not getting anything but warmish water. Terrible to say the least.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Matt73

Matt73Roma

Failed when just out of warranty

Installed in mid 2015 - 315 litre electric. Worked ok initially. But conveniently failed when just out of warranty. Customer service when a problem arises is poor. I would find another brand.

AC

ACLaunceston, TAS

It does what its supposed to- make water hot

Recently installed a 160L Thermann electric hot water cylinder. Considering some of the Dux reviews ( and I believe Thermann is manufactured by Dux for Reece) I was a little hesitant. A 7 year cylinder warranty is pretty good -I assume Dux dont actually manufacture elements or thermostats and 1 year is common for these items.

Cylinder appeared to be well constructed and came with all the usual components and documentation. Cant say its better or worse than other brands at this time.

Only time will tell how well it lasts but if I get 7+ years out of the actual cylinder I will be happy. I will update this review in the future.

Northcoaster

NorthcoasterSEQ

Poor warranty for the money

We had a 315 Thermann electric storage HWS installed in Dec '14. We were informed by the installing plumber (not his fault, he was misinformed by the supplier) that it had a 7 year warranty. A browse through the handbook (which is given AFTER installation) a day or two later, revealed that the parts and labour warranty is 12 months with a 7 year cylinder warranty.

Fairly woeful considering that it is now malfunctioning at 18 months old and out of warranty. An expensive $1700 lesson!!!

Look very carefully at warranty when buying your HWS.

Jenni B

Jenni Basked

Electric Storage Water System

We have a Thermann 250L system and have had it for four years. The unit has worked perfectly when there is only my husband and myself, and is okay for 3 people when we are careful of how we shower. The problem is when the family is home. The system heats (I think) from 11 pm to 5 am, and when we are all here, we run out of hot water. Can the system be reset to have a boost capacity, or an additional heating period?

Hi Jenni B,

Thank you for your inquiry.

May we suggest you contact your electrician, he or she would be able to advise you whether you could potentially have a day and night switch installed, to allow you to have the unit heating on a off peak tariff and also with the option of switching over to a continuous tariff,which would allow you to boost the element when required.

pamelaasked

Electric Storage Water System

I've had my thermann for a couple of years now and it has worked brilliantly. However can the top valve be replaced as mine is leaking. I do use it each day to draw hot water from the unit to mix my horse a hot feed (saves going into the house)

Hi Pamela,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We are happy to hear you are enjoying your Thermann hot water. In regards to your question, it is recommended that the pressure temperature relief valve located on the on the hot water unit is replaced at intervals not exceeding 5 years by a licensed plumber. The valve has been designed as a safety valve, as it is not recommended to be used as a tap as this will cause damage to the valve.

Kind regards,
Thermann hot water.

Thank you. Noted

Douglas H.

Douglas H.asked

315THM136 (315L, 3.6kW)

OK guys today I have just had 1 of your hotwater system installed today 315 thm136 litre thermann let's hope it's a great system for your sake I wood also like to no electricity system I hope is also underwarranty and the system has 10 year warranty yes thank's

The tank has 10 years warranty not the system. That has 1 year

Hi Douglas H,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the warranty on the Thermann 315THM136 (315L, 3.6kW) hot water unit.

All components of the water heater
are covered by a 1 year parts and
labour warranty. The storage tank is
covered for up to a further 9 years
against failure.

Regards,
Thermann hot water.

Get an answer from our members and Thermann representatives