6 Star, C7, 5 Star

• Smells of GasYes (7) · No (14)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

AndyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

So far so good

Purchased in March 2021 at Reece for $1,190.00.

RobMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Water Goes Cold

Water goes cold, eventually heats up, then cold again. Plumber says it's because we have water saving shower heads. Need to buy new shower heads which use more water. Disappointed.

Purchased in February 2021 for $1,950.00.

Noise Level
Impressed customer

Impressed customerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Brilliant customer support and knowledgeable plumbing consultant

750 ltr gas system great : cf to old Rheem system: no longer issues with running out. After market support - quick to respond and expert advice over the phone - well done!

Purchased in October 2017.

Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Find out how Thermann Gas Continuous Flow compares to other Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

B.M.B

B.M.BHunter Region, NSW

Happy with it now.

The unit was making "morse code" noises, which would wake us up. After contacting the service dept, they had the PC board exchanged, and things have been great since.
This is our first gas HWU so have nothing to compare it with, but happy with my choice.

Purchased at Reece.

Tony Bongiovanni

Tony BongiovanniGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Thermann 16

This hot water service lives up to all safety standards so as to not scold anyone especially young skin. We would have preferred hotter water in the kitchen though! The support from Thermann was excellent. I recently contacted them and they were able to explain the technicalities of how the unit functioned.

Purchased in February 2018 for $1,200.00.

Household Size2 person(s)

ShelleySydney, NSW

Problem solved

Wasn’t happy with this product water goes cold while having a shower plumber from Therman and my plumber checked everything with good results more pressure with hot water fix the problem happy customer now

Purchased in August 2019 for $1,400.00.

My contact is 0414698520 thankyou

Pete

PeteIllawarra, NSW

Hot water goes off

Several times this system (which was recommended by a plumber) has gone cold halfway through a shower. It eventually comes back on. I rang the plumber who told me to switch off the power and switch it on again and it should reset. But for the price I paid, why should I have to ?

Purchased in August 2020 at Reece.

Good Value

Our plumber returned and fixed the problem.
We are happy with the result.
Still not as hot as H/W/S. We still have a lot of wasted water before getting hot water because the unit is outside. Overall happy with the results.

Purchased in August 2020 at Plumber for $2,850.00.

Kathleen M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Takes some getting used to

Purchased in March 2020 for $1,950.00.

Kathleen M.

I have already made contact with your supplier but I don’t hold out much hope when you’re unable to spell my name correctly here so the chances of you fixing this issue will be very very slim I’d say

Not As Good As The Old One

Purchased in May 2020 at Adapt Plumbing & Gas for $1,705.00.

drb

Thanks for the response. I will do that.

Joe C.

Joe C.Victoria

Absolute garbage

This unit was promised to be the best you can get obviously Reece have an agenda to push this crap on to people and also rip them off. This unit behaves just like the rest of the people have posted poor pressure, drops out for no reason during shower, goes absolutely stone cold as soon as someone flushed a toilet, takes far too long for hot water to arrive the list goes on. These others are not lying about their reviews. I would happily go back to a rheem stelair tomorrow I was completely satisfied had it not given up after 15 years. This hunk of junk is only 9 months old and is pathetic. I stayed patient and tryed to troubleshoot it until now, but now if fed up do yourselves a favor leave them in store.

Purchased in July 2019 at Reece.

Morry

MorryCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

great unit

I have had a C6 26L for 2 weeks, I cannot get it to fault as described in other posts on here. mine heats the water instantly, hot water in less than 10 seconds (3 meters from bathroom) I can turn on any other tap in the house and it does not effect hot water or pressure.

Purchased in November 2019 at Reece for $1,050.00.

Matt D.Canberra Central 2601, ACT

Wish I bought a Rinnai

Purchased in February 2015 for $1,800.00.

Matt D.

I have just sent a second request to be contacted, no one responded to my first request so I'll see how this one goes....

Jason

JasonHunter Region, NSW

Absolute crap !!!!

worst hot water system ever !!!!
purchased 3 months ago & have nothing but regret... if someone flushas the toilet while in the shower it goes instantly cold, some one turns on a tap instantly cold...don't even think about using 2 showers at the same time..I want to remove it & belt someone over the head with it !!!!

Purchased at Reece for $1,800.00.

Peter.

Peter.Canberra 2600, ACT

Not a bad unit but water is not hot enough

When I purchased our Therman 26 with our house package I asked for the 60 degree model advised that I won't need it. Told Thermann 26 produces hot enough water crap!! Water is not hot enough to wash dishes or have a decent shower. Told by Reece that you cannot replace the thermostat with the 60 degree controller. Apart from the temperature issue pretty reliable.

Purchased at Reece for $1,500.00.

Household Size3 person(s)

AJM

Worst thing I have ever purchased

Purchased in September 2018 for $1,800.00.

AJM

My negative review still stands on this system. Contacted thermann as advised, took well over a month for someone to come out to repair. The repair did absolutely nothing.

Dennis P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unit works well! Disappointed in the plumber who recommended a 50 degree unit to replace a 60 degree unit

Recently had new Thermann26 installed to replace an old unit. We were not getting hot water to several locations in the house. I have had little response from the plumber but great response from Herrmann who have made attempts to come on-site to review. The issue is that the Thermann 26 is a 50 degree unit replacing a 60 degree so water temp lower than previous. It appears probable negligence on part of the plumber. Fantastic support from Thermann people to resolve the issue. Highly recommended.

Purchased in May 2019 at Directly from the plumber for $1,200.00.

Dennis P.

I appreciate your response and will make contact as you suggest!

Ilovelamp

IlovelampSouthwest, VIC

Reliable Quality Built steady and efficient Hot Water Unit

This is the best built hot water system money can buy. A little pricey compared to the competition but its quality built and engineered in Japan.
Have as long a hot shower as you want. Strong Reliable little unit with no issues yet, 3 years in. Will never go back.

Purchased in March 2016 at Reece for $850.00.

Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolutely terrible!!!

I’ve been a builder for the last 5 years and 12 years as a head carpenter building domestic homes. I had this hot water system installed on my new home and It takes over a minute to barely warm water coming out of my taps. Had Reece come out twice to see what’s wrong and they thi j it works fine. If I’m having a shower and someone turns on a tap anywhere in the house the water immediately goes cold. It is so bad I truly cannot believe this piece of junk is on the market!

Purchased in March 2019.

Michael

MichaelCentral West, NSW

Very low pressure

Purchased this unit on recommendation from plumber after my old storage unit died. Pressure from this unit is atrocious. Shower at 1 end of the house goes completely cold mid shower and you have to turn off the cold water then wait for hot to come back. If you want to use two appliances like the kitchen sink and a shower.... forget about it.
Positive is it never runs out of hot water.
Definitely should have gone for another storage unit.

Purchased in January 2019 for $2,000.00.

Smells of GasYes
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed

Framonk

Framonkasked

Gas Continuous Flow

Could anyone advise what the normal drip discharge rate for 160litre unit. I was away for 5 days and just over a litre of water from cold water discharge valve on return.Manual states 2% of the volume of water heated over a heating cycle -(undefined what constitutes a heating cycle - how long that is or if it varies) ?2% of 160 is 3.2 litres but assume that’s not entire volume of water heated. Is this high when not in use. When at home it’s around 750 ml day.

Lynetteasked

Gas Continuous Flow

Hi, I had a Thermann 26 continuous flow gas unit installed a year ago. I've always struggled to get continuous hot water flow in my shower. It starts off scolding hot and then if I turn down the hot water it goes freezing cold.
Today the hot water went cold after I had shampoo on my hair. I waited but had to rinse in cold water. I've had a look tonight and the pilot light is out. I tried to re-ignite but it won't start. This unit is only a year old and I have a small house with only one occupant. I'm regretting changing from a gas storage unit to this continuous flow. It's never worked properly. Please help.

Hi Lynette,
thank you for your inquiry and we are sorry to hear that you are not completely happy with your hot water unit. We are confident that we can definitely help you with your inquiry. If you could please provide us with your contact details at update@thermann.com.au one of our technical specialists will contact you and assist you with your inquiry.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,
Thermann hot water.

Andy

I'm sure the Thermann tech will help but it's probably the same issue others have.
I guess you have flow reducer in your shower rose? These units cut off if you have low water flow rate ie you turn the hot down too much.
You shouldn't need to touch the pilot flame as it only lights when you turn the hw on, that's why they are plugged in to a power point.

Lynette

Thanks for responding Andy. My shower rose does not have a flow reducer, so I don't think it's the problem. Today I could have a 2 minute shower with only the hot water on and then it went cold.
Thanks for explaining about the pilot light, I did spend some time looking for it and couldn't find how to light it, then I turned the hot water on in my kitchen and the flame appeared.

nzdela

nzdelaasked

Gas Continuous Flow

We have recently had a Thermann 26 unit installed. Mostly 'so far so good' however the unit beeps about 5 seconds after the hot water demand is removed i.e. hot water tap turned off. The plumber told me this was normal, is it?

Hi Nzdela,

Thank you for your inquiry.

If you could please provide us with your contact details at update@thermann.com.au one of our Thermann technical specialists will make contact with you and can assist you with your inquiry.

Look froward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,
Thermann Hot water.

See all Thermann Gas Continuous Flow questions

Get an answer from our members and Thermann representatives

Compare all 3 Thermann Gas Continuous Flow
CategoryGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water Systems
Price (RRP)822915