Thermann Gas Continuous Flow

6 Star, C7, 5 Star

23 questions from our users

Reg G

Reg Gasked

Hello I have a Therman 26 unit installed about 5 years ago. It has worked perfectly until 12 months ago. During a shower it will go cold for a couple of minutes. I have good pressure, plenty of flow going through the shower head and new taps. It seems to be worse in summer when running the shower at a lower temperature. Running town water and gas. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your inquiry.

As each installation is unique, it would be best for you to speak with your plumber to check that the unit is working correctly. In addition, you can provide your details on update@thermann.com.au and one of Thermann Technical advisers will be able to assist you with basic troubleshooting as well as being able to provide assistance to your attending plumber if needed.

Brian S.

Brian S.asked

relight pilot light

Hi Brian,

So we can assist you with your question, can you please provide a detailed description of what is happening with your unit and your best contact details to update@thermann.com.au.

You may have selected the wrong type of unit as our Thermann continuous flow units do not have a pilot light.

Thermann Hot Water

Disappointed

Disappointedasked

I have a thermann 26 continuous flow (around 18 months old) - it seems to have failed - no hot water - any troubleshooting I can do before I have to call a plumber?

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry. We are sorry to hear you are having difficulty with your unit. So we can assist you further, can you please email your best contact details to update@thermann.com.au and one of our Thermann technical specialist team will be happy to go through some basic troubleshooting with you and determine whether you need a plumber to attend.

Thanks,

Mick D.

Mick D.asked

unit making lots of noise

Joe G

Joe Gasked

Gas Continuous Flow 6 Star

hi I have a Rinnai 24 with two controller panels in the house im looking at replacing it with a thermann 26L 6* 9505078 will my controller panels work with this unit

Hi Joel,

Thank you for your inquiry!

In regards to your question! You will need to replace the current controllers with the Thermann universal controller, as the electronics in the unit will not recognise your current controller!

Regards

Brian

Brianasked

Why wont it light is there a fuse its getting power

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your enquiry. I would encourage you to contact your Plumber to ensure that there is power to the Thermann unit. Depending on the units age, 5* or 6*, there potentially could be an issue with the fuse?, due to a power outage or power surge within the property. If you need further assistance, Could you please log on to update@thermann.com.au , and a Thermann Technical Specialist will be happy to assist you in this matter.

Tim T.

Tim T.asked

Why has the temperature dropped

Vicki B.

Vicki B.asked

We have just purchased a Thermann on recommendation from our plumber but finding that the water is just not hot enough, we are showering in just hot water and its still not hot enough, can the temperature be adjusted to make it hotter????

Dennis P.

Hello - I had a similar issue if located in Vic, caused by the Thermann unit being tuned to 50 degrees as required by Vic regulations, My old unit was 60 degrees, the plumber never informed of this before replacing. Suggest you call Reece Plumbing who manufacture the Thermann, and work with them to tweek unit to increase temp if indeed you are located in Vic.

Helen

Helenasked

Ran out of gas, changed to full bottle. Can’t get hot water system to fire up.
Is there a pilot light on these things that you can see.

Ness

Nessasked

Rental property with a thermann 20 and I have no hot water. What do I need to do to get it to work ?

Hi Ness,

Thank you for your inquiry, there could be potentially a number of reasons why your unit may not be working. I would encourage you to contact Reece Customer care on 1800 080 055. One of our Thermann representatives will be more happy to assist you.

David Holder

David Holderasked

Mine stopped again tonight, whilst the lpg is half full, it would not work, flicked on the new cylinder and it was ok? Any ideas as to what this could be?

Hi Mr David Holder,

Thank you for your inquiry. The issue you are experiencing may be potentially caused by a faulty LPG regulator, but we would recommend that you contact your plumber and identify the static and working gas pressures.
We are happy to assist your plumber if need be? They can contact us via our website http://www.thermann.com.au/contact

Thermann.

Steph H.

Steph H.asked

How do I light the pilot light

Hi Steph,

We are happy to try and help you. Do you know which unit you have?

Kate

Kateasked

Is there any way to stop the unit sounding like a car horn when a hot water tap is turned on or off? Our plumber installed it on the wall outside our bedroom and it’s driving me insane. It should come with a warning that it’s not a quiet device!

Hi Kate,

Thank you for your inquiry. We would like the opportunity to investigate this a bit further so would you be able to contact us with your phone number and email address via our email address update@thermann.com.au? One of our team members will contact you to discuss a solution to your inquiry.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Nigel

Nigelasked

I have a therman 26. Last month was having a shower in the ensuite.. All of a sudden it went cold. I'm running on lpg. Thought bottle was empty but no. Turned on hand basin tap that went hot. Turned on the shower cold. Turned on basin tap again. Went hot. While still running basin tap turned on shower. Hand basin tap went cold. All other taps go hot even the other shower. As soon as i turn on the ensuite shower things go cold.
Please help.

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for your inquiry. We would like to look into this further for you. Could you please contact us at update@thermannn.com.au and advise us of your contact details, we will be in touch with you to discuss this further.

Dennis P.

Hi Nigel - I have also had issues that I thought caused by Thermann and found the response from Thermann very helpful once you have contacted them as directed above.

James P
James P

This just started for us too, makes an ignition noise but no hot water, LPG is fine as heater works.

Cheryl A.

Cheryl A.asked

hot water sometimes hot sometimes luke warm especially in the morning

Hi Cheryl,

BJS

BJSasked

We've had 3 units 26L in 3 months. All three have exploded. Any ideas?

Hi BJS,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This is certainly unusual, We would like to investigate your claim. We would need you to provide us with any reference numbers in relation to previous warranty claims. Once provided we can access the information and our Thermann Support team will be in contact with you personally. You can submit this information via the Thermann Website - www.thermann.com.au/contact.com

All the very best

Unimaton

Unimatonasked

I just had installed the Thermann 26 GCF. Heater . So far no complaints.
Can you suggest a backup power supply option for the ignition were there is a power blackout ?
Last year we endured 3 days without power. So a backup option would be nice.
Cheers.

GRUMPY
GRUMPY

Rip the whole thing off the wall and chuck it in a skip waste of money

Marco
Marco

do not spend any money, not worth it.

Hi Unimaton,

Thankyou for your review and we are delighted you are enjoying your Thermann Continuous Flow Hot Water.

The unit needs a continuous flow of electricity to operate correctly, 240v. May I suggest if you are looking for a back up supply you may need to contact a Solar PV Battery back up supplier as an alternative power supply.

Mal D.

Mal D.asked

Can a natural gas Thermal 20 be converted LP gas?

Hi Mal D,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The answer to your question is yes. The Thermann Continuous Flow Hot water unit can be converted from Natural Gas to LPG. May I suggest that you contact your Plumber and he or she can purchase a Thermann Conversion Kit from Reece Plumbing.

Craig

Craigasked

Gas Continuous Flow 6 Star

I'm doing a new build and I'm thinking of looking at installing a Thermann C7.
Who does their warranty service work if I buy it through Reece.
I have heard that if there is a problem with them that they replace them but not service them onsite.
Is this true?

barry pell

barry pellasked

to install a thermann c7 60 degrees to replace rheem storage, How much approx. would it cost me?

Get an answer from our members and Thermann representatives