Thermann Gas Continuous Flow

17 questions from our users

Tim T.

Tim T.asked

Gas Continuous Flow

Why has the temperature dropped

Vicki B.

Vicki B.asked

Gas Continuous Flow

We have just purchased a Thermann on recommendation from our plumber but finding that the water is just not hot enough, we are showering in just hot water and its still not hot enough, can the temperature be adjusted to make it hotter????

Dennis P.

Hello - I had a similar issue if located in Vic, caused by the Thermann unit being tuned to 50 degrees as required by Vic regulations, My old unit was 60 degrees, the plumber never informed of this before replacing. Suggest you call Reece Plumbing who manufacture the Thermann, and work with them to tweek unit to increase temp if indeed you are located in Vic.

Helen

Helenasked

Gas Continuous Flow

Ran out of gas, changed to full bottle. Can’t get hot water system to fire up.
Is there a pilot light on these things that you can see.

Ness

Nessasked

Gas Continuous Flow

Rental property with a thermann 20 and I have no hot water. What do I need to do to get it to work ?

Hi Ness,

Thank you for your inquiry, there could be potentially a number of reasons why your unit may not be working. I would encourage you to contact Reece Customer care on 1800 080 055. One of our Thermann representatives will be more happy to assist you.

Kind Regards,

Thermann Hot Water.

David Holder

David Holderasked

Gas Continuous Flow

Mine stopped again tonight, whilst the lpg is half full, it would not work, flicked on the new cylinder and it was ok? Any ideas as to what this could be?

Hi Mr David Holder,

Thank you for your inquiry. The issue you are experiencing may be potentially caused by a faulty LPG regulator, but we would recommend that you contact your plumber and identify the static and working gas pressures.
We are happy to assist your plumber if need be? They can contact us via our website http://www.thermann.com.au/contact

Thermann.

Steph H.

Steph H.asked

Gas Continuous Flow

How do I light the pilot light

Hi Steph,

We are happy to try and help you. Do you know which unit you have?

Kate

Kateasked

Gas Continuous Flow

Is there any way to stop the unit sounding like a car horn when a hot water tap is turned on or off? Our plumber installed it on the wall outside our bedroom and it’s driving me insane. It should come with a warning that it’s not a quiet device!

Hi Kate,

Thank you for your inquiry. We would like the opportunity to investigate this a bit further so would you be able to contact us with your phone number and email address via our email address update@thermann.com.au? One of our team members will contact you to discuss a solution to your inquiry.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Kind Regards,

Nigel

Nigelasked

Gas Continuous Flow

I have a therman 26. Last month was having a shower in the ensuite.. All of a sudden it went cold. I'm running on lpg. Thought bottle was empty but no. Turned on hand basin tap that went hot. Turned on the shower cold. Turned on basin tap again. Went hot. While still running basin tap turned on shower. Hand basin tap went cold. All other taps go hot even the other shower. As soon as i turn on the ensuite shower things go cold.
Please help.

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for your inquiry. We would like to look into this further for you. Could you please contact us at update@thermannn.com.au and advise us of your contact details, we will be in touch with you to discuss this further.

Dennis P.

Hi Nigel - I have also had issues that I thought caused by Thermann and found the response from Thermann very helpful once you have contacted them as directed above.

James P
James P

This just started for us too, makes an ignition noise but no hot water, LPG is fine as heater works.

Cheryl A.

Cheryl A.asked

Gas Continuous Flow

hot water sometimes hot sometimes luke warm especially in the morning

Hi Cheryl,

BJS

BJSasked

Gas Continuous Flow

We've had 3 units 26L in 3 months. All three have exploded. Any ideas?

Hi BJS,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This is certainly unusual, We would like to investigate your claim. We would need you to provide us with any reference numbers in relation to previous warranty claims. Once provided we can access the information and our Thermann Support team will be in contact with you personally. You can submit this information via the Thermann Website - www.thermann.com.au/contact.com

All the very best

Unimaton

Unimatonasked

Gas Continuous Flow

I just had installed the Thermann 26 GCF. Heater . So far no complaints.
Can you suggest a backup power supply option for the ignition were there is a power blackout ?
Last year we endured 3 days without power. So a backup option would be nice.
Cheers.

GRUMPY
GRUMPY

Rip the whole thing off the wall and chuck it in a skip waste of money

Marco
Marco

do not spend any money, not worth it.

Hi Unimaton,

Thankyou for your review and we are delighted you are enjoying your Thermann Continuous Flow Hot Water.

The unit needs a continuous flow of electricity to operate correctly, 240v. May I suggest if you are looking for a back up supply you may need to contact a Solar PV Battery back up supplier as an alternative power supply.

Mal D.

Mal D.asked

Gas Continuous Flow

Can a natural gas Thermal 20 be converted LP gas?

Hi Mal D,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The answer to your question is yes. The Thermann Continuous Flow Hot water unit can be converted from Natural Gas to LPG. May I suggest that you contact your Plumber and he or she can purchase a Thermann Conversion Kit from Reece Plumbing.

Craig

Craigasked

Gas Continuous Flow 6 Star

I'm doing a new build and I'm thinking of looking at installing a Thermann C7.
Who does their warranty service work if I buy it through Reece.
I have heard that if there is a problem with them that they replace them but not service them onsite.
Is this true?

barry pell

barry pellasked

Gas Continuous Flow

to install a thermann c7 60 degrees to replace rheem storage, How much approx. would it cost me?

Don

Donasked

Gas Continuous Flow 5 Star

Wnat temperature is the hot water set at?

William
William

I think it is set around 60. When installed, the plumber went back and forth between the unit and the hot water tap furthest away until he was happy with the temperature, so it could even be higher. It does feel geat when using it though.

jim

jimasked

Gas Continuous Flow 5 Star

Is there a warranty with thermann 26 is it twelve months?

Barraman
Barraman

12 Year Warranty

jim

jimasked

Gas Continuous Flow 5 Star

I have the same problem shower goes cold for about three minutes every time. I certainly will not be recommending a Thermann 26 to anyone at all. Has anyone found out how to stop shower going cold half way through it yet please let me know if you have? thanks Jim

PT.
PT.

Hi Jim l am a Fully Licenced Plumber and recently installed a Therman 26 at my own house and from day one have the same problem you are having. I have tried everything possible to rectify this myself and are waiting on Reece to contact me after Christmas, I am very disappointed in this unit and at the moment will not install any more until l can get it sorted. I will let you know how l go. Cheers Paul.

Ross
Ross

Probably the shower heads water saving device that's causing the problem

Catalyse
Catalyse

Did you know that instantaneous hot water systems (HWS's) require a certain amount of water to pass through per second to stay active? For example if you turn your hot water tap on really lightly you will notice it doesn't stay hot. So low water pressure is the issue causing your problem. That said, low water pressure can come from 1 of 3 things:
1) you have low water pressure to your property (the least likely in suburban Australia)
2) you have a water saving shower head that doesn't allow enough water through even on full pressure (most likely, just remove the flow restrictors in it, sometimes 2 inside)
or
3) You have installed the HWS without a controller, and therefore have to use a tap to mix hot and cold water to get the correct temperature. Thus using less pressure from the HWS and substituting some or maybe even half of the pressure with mains water. In this case you will need to have a controller installed so you can run the hot water on max with no cold water mix.

Good luck!

Get an answer from our members and Thermann representatives