Thermann Gas Continuous Flow

39 questions from our users

Ahmed

Ahmedasked

Hi , I have Thermann 16 gas continuous flow
Any way to reduce hot water pressure coming of it , does it have a Hot water Pressure valve ?

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The Thermann continuous flow hot water unit does not have a pressure valve, however has a temperature relief valve to protect the unit from excessive pressure. We would suggest that you contact your plumber who will be able to advise you of your water pressure and may recommend installing a pressure reducing valve.

Rodneyasked

Gas Continuous Flow

Shower hot water is only warm on cold mornings. Bathroom sink has very hot water??
Replaced shower mixer, cleaned inline filter.??
Thermann 20 two years old. Changed gas cylinder.
Only happening on cold mornings, cold water running OK so not frozen.

Hi Rodney,

Thank you for your inquiry.

May we suggest that you contact your plumber, as you have mentioned that you have hot water in the bathroom sink. Potentially the unit may not have the correct gas or water pressures, which potentially could cause the lower temperature in the shower.

Rodney

I have Reece Plumbing coming out on Friday to trouble shoot the problem.
Only happening on really cold mornings.

Ken

Kenasked

Gas Continuous Flow

My thermann20 just started to leak water from what looks like in the burner area any clues??

Hi Ken,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We would suggest that you please provide your contact details at update@thermann.com.au and one of our Technical specialists will make contact with you to assist you with your inquiry.

Rick,

Daniell B.

Daniell B.asked

Gas Continuous Flow

We have had the thermanin 26 for 5 years and we have had no issues with good hotwater supplied simultaneously to two showers etc.However we have a mixer tap in kitchen and it seems to activate the Thermanin fan /gas flow but doesn't ignite thus not providing hot water to that tap.Water flows but cold only.
All other taps produce hot water ie activate and ignite Thermanin.
Is there any one else experiencing this and is there an adjustment to Thermanin that may fix this issue?
Dan B

Hi Daniell B,

Thank you for your inquiry.

From the information you have provided, potentially you my have an issue with your current kitchen mixer tap and we would recommend you contact your plumber to investigate the matter further, as you are achieving hot water from other outlets that are connected to the Thermann unit.

Adam John

Adam Johnasked

Gas Continuous Flow

Why won't my water get hot at all

Hi Adam John,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Potentially there can be many reasons why a hot water unit is not producing hot water. We would recommend that you contact us through update@thermann.com.au and one of our Thermann Product Specialists will contact you and assist you with your inquiry.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Adam John

Adam Johnasked

Gas Continuous Flow

Why won't water get hot at all

Jess V

Jess Vasked

Gas Continuous Flow

Hi I have a therman 20 at my rental. The electricity and gas got disconnected then reconnected but the tenants do not have hot water? Is there a pilot light they need to light?

Hi Jess V,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The Thermann unit is power assisted and therefore does not have a pilot light.

Greg

Gregasked

Hi,
I have a hot water ring main and a grundfos pump to cycle water around every 15 mins to keep hot water to the taps. After 4 years of working well, the Thermann 26 unit no longer ingnites or heats with the pump but it works fine when you turn on a tap. What can I do?

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your inquiry.

We would recommend that you contact your plumber. Potentially the the pump may not be functioning properly as you have mentioned that the unit produces hot water when you turn a tap on.

You can also provide us your contact details on update@thermann.com.au and one of our Thermann specialists can call you and assist you with your inquiry.

Sam

Samasked

Gas Continuous Flow

Can anyone please tell me how to get hot water again after my LPG ran out?

I have turned the power point off, waited 30 seconds, turned back on. LPG is on, hot water valve on system is on. I heard the system kick in again. I have run the hot water tap for about 10 minutes and the water is still stone cold.

I wasn't home when the plumber installed it so didn't get to ask him what to do with a bottle change over.

Hi Sam,

In some situations where the gas bottles have been changed, it may take some time for the gas to reach the unit. If this continues and you have no hot water at the outlet, we would suggest that you contact your plumber.

Hugh N.asked

Gas Continuous Flow

Can I increase the temp. of the water coming from the Thermann 26? It is not really hot enough?

Joe C.
Joe C.

You’ll need to adjust the temperature valve. I’ll assume the plumber fitted it when the unit went in

Hugh N.

Is there an easy way to do that? I can’t find the manual

drb
drb

I don’t know how, but I believe it’s possible to increase the water temperature. A plumber would be able to do this.

John L

John Lasked

Gas Continuous Flow

I have a Thermann 26 continuous flow (running on LPG bottled gas). I don't understand why but the temperature of the water coming out of the flickmaster tap in the kitchen sink (when turned to full hot water) is noticeably colder than the hot water coming out of the hot tap in the bathroom. Any ideas why this might be the case?
thanks
john

Hi John L,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We would recommend that you contact your plumber. From the information that you have provided, potentially there may be insufficient water flow to the kitchen.

James P.

James P.asked

Gas Continuous Flow

I have a thermann 26 but when i turn a hot tap on there is very little pressure . Any suggestion

Hi James,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing pressure loss out of your tap. In order to find out exactly what the cause is, we would strongly recommend you call your plumber to check the unit.

Alternatively, we can provide us with your details at update@thermann.com.au and one of Thermann Technical Advisers will be more than happy to assist in your inquiry.

Debra Shill

Debra Shillasked

Gas Continuous Flow

My Thermann 20 has stopped working all of a sudden. It is only 18mnths old!

Hi Debra,

The best solution would be to contact your plumber, as you potentially may have issues with the supply of gas, water and power. You can also contact us through update@thermann.com.au and one of our Thermann Technical specialists will be happy to assist your plumber in troubleshooting the unit.

Hope this help.

Lucky N.

Lucky N.asked

Gas Continuous Flow

Does the Thermann 26 have a pilot light that needs to be lit when you install it

Hi Lucky N

Thank you for your inquiry.

The Thermann 26 unit does not have a pilot light, all you will need to do, is connect the power cord that is provided with the unit to an approved power point. This can be done after your Plumber has installed the hot water unit.

jai

jaiasked

Gas Continuous Flow

How much it costs.and labour to fix

Hi Jai,

The best option is to speak to a plumber about what the issue is with your unit. Depending on what unit you have, and how long you have had it, it may still be under warranty. Once you have done so, we are happy to assist your plumber in any troubleshooting issues they may come across when fixing the unit.

Thanks Jai

Tafasked

Gas Continuous Flow

When the gas is disconnected, how do you relight the pilot light; is there a pilot light; this is for the thermann 16 model continuous flow

Hi Taf,

Thank you for your inquiry. The Thermann 16 is power-assisted and does not have a pilot light. All you will need to do is as follows.

Ensure your Thermann unit is connected to a powerpoint and turn on, then ensure that the cold water is on feeding the unit. Then turn on a hot water tap, and you should have hot water at the outlet.

If you have any further issues, please email update@thermann.com.au

All the best,

Thanks for your advice

Reg G

Reg Gasked

Gas Continuous Flow

Hello I have a Therman 26 unit installed about 5 years ago. It has worked perfectly until 12 months ago. During a shower it will go cold for a couple of minutes. I have good pressure, plenty of flow going through the shower head and new taps. It seems to be worse in summer when running the shower at a lower temperature. Running town water and gas. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your inquiry.

As each installation is unique, it would be best for you to speak with your plumber to check that the unit is working correctly. In addition, you can provide your details on update@thermann.com.au and one of Thermann Technical advisers will be able to assist you with basic troubleshooting as well as being able to provide assistance to your attending plumber if needed.

Kind Regards,

Brian S.

Brian S.asked

relight pilot light

Hi Brian,

So we can assist you with your question, can you please provide a detailed description of what is happening with your unit and your best contact details to update@thermann.com.au.

You may have selected the wrong type of unit as our Thermann continuous flow units do not have a pilot light.

Disappointed

Disappointedasked

Gas Continuous Flow

I have a thermann 26 continuous flow (around 18 months old) - it seems to have failed - no hot water - any troubleshooting I can do before I have to call a plumber?

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry. We are sorry to hear you are having difficulty with your unit. So we can assist you further, can you please email your best contact details to update@thermann.com.au and one of our Thermann technical specialist team will be happy to go through some basic troubleshooting with you and determine whether you need a plumber to attend.

Thanks,

Mick D.asked

Gas Continuous Flow

unit making lots of noise

Hi Mick,

Hope this help.

Mick D.

hi.thank you for your reply.i have discovered it was a water pipe leakage that was the problem. mick

Get an answer from our members and Thermann representatives