6Thermann Large Electric Storage

Thermann Large Electric Storage Questions & Answers (page 2)

Jacob F.
Jacob F. · Large Electric Storage

Hi, our mains water was turned off for an hour today, after this once we used the hot water that was available, it has not re-heated again - fuse is ok, and blue button on the side beeps when we push it, so seems ok. Have taken the small panel off to find the reset button but there is not one there. Any tips on how to reset it again?

Thermann   DM

Hi Jacob F, Thank you for your inquiry. We would recommend contacting your plumber or alternatively please provide your contact details to update@thermann.com.au and one of our Thermann technical specialists will be more than happy to assist you with your inquiry.

Casey B.
Casey B. · Large Electric Storage 250L Single (3.6 kW)

I have had a hot water system installed and it's only getting two showers roughly out 15 minutes each how long should it last

Scott B.

I have the same unit and my family of 4 have to space our showers over 4 hours very disappointing.

A reply from the manufacturer would be appreciated.

Thermann   DM

Hi Scott B, thank you for your inquiry. One of our Thermann Technical Product Specialists will be happy to assist you with your inquiry. Please provide us with your contact details on update@thermann.com.au and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Details emailed.

Thank you for your reply.

Framonk · Large Electric Storage

Could anyone advise what the normal drip discharge rate for 160litre unit. I was away for 5 days and just over a litre of water from cold water discharge valve on return.Manual states 2% of the volume of water heated over a heating cycle? Seems high when not in use. When at home it’s around 750 ml day.

tropheusking1980

From my experience the thermann units from brand new constantly overflow considerably more than previous units I have owned in the past. And also they seem to overflow more and more progressively over time until such time as they are just ridiculously running. Worst hot water unit I have ever had the unfortunate experience of owning. Crap product, crap warranty, difficult and lengthy approach from customer service, blameless, tiresome and intimidating approach from technical support tradesman,. This company is fraught with unsatisfactory reviews from customers of which most are regarding quality issues with their products and then backed up or updated reviews of unwillingness of customer support to assist customer or warranty issues whereby blame was shifted elsewhere and issue isn't supported under warranty as per the PDS and conditions of sale. They will do and say everything and anything to try convince you it's your fault or lack of maintenance as to why the unit is faulty. In my case they went as far as to tell me its the wiring to the hot water unit that's the root cause of the problem. It was wired like that for 3 years and upon inspection and testing from a licenced electrician was found to have no fault and in compliance with the current code. NEVER WILL I DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY and what surprises me is Reece Plumbing is affiliated and reseller of Thermann and for a major player in the plumbing and home improvement sectors it's a dicey move to be attached to such a poor performing product.
Mate do ya self a favour and don't spend a cent on it if it's faulty as it's just the start of a money train with no light at the end of the tunnel. If need be buy a different unit but any money invested in Thermann is like throwing good money after bad away

Framonk

Hi tropheusking1980, thanks for your reply and input. This is very disappointing to hear.

Shai
Shai · Large Electric Storage 315L Single (3.6 kW)

My hot water system is beeping at regular intervals and an orange light flashes everytime it does. Does anyone know what would be causing this?

Thermann   DM

Hi Shai, thank you for your inquiry.

The Thermann 315TM136 electric hot water unit does not have a orange light. Could you please update your contact details to update@thermann.com.au so one of our technical specialists can contact you and assist in identifying the correct hot water unit and assist you with your inquiry.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Shai

It's the 315THMB136 model sorry I didn't realise the b was missing when I clicked on it.

Thermann   DM

Hi Shai, thank you for your reply. This model also does not have a orange light. To assist with your inquiry I would encourage you to provide your contact details on update@thermann.com.au as we can establish what the orange light is and then assist you with your inquiry.

tropheusking1980

Shai, Do yourself, your family and your wallet a favour and do not spend a cent on a thermann hot water unit. if it is not producing hot water cut your losses and purchase another brand. If you can afford it an instant hot water unit is really efficient to run. But do not I repeat do Not spend any more money on thermann. You will be paying out again and again. The so called technical expert will call you and run through some questions and in the end he will blame everything and everyone else for the reason the thermann unit is shit and not working but it's upto you but don't say you didn't get warned

Dave G
Dave G · Large Electric Storage

I have a simialr question: Our unit seems to be switching on (or the pump does) often especially at night. is this normal? and if so how can I change the settings, more so for the night time.

Thermann   DM

Hi Dave G, thank you for your inquiry.

Potentially your Thermann unit is heating up at night which is controlled by the electrical meter, and not the hot water unit. We would recommend contacting your plumber to investigate why your pump is coming on at night.

Please feel free to contact us if you require more assistance.

Benji · Large Electric Storage

Hi, I have just moved to a property with thermann 250L But I have no hot water. Electrician has come to connect the power already but no hot water.

tropheusking1980

I would not spend any money on a Thermann unit what so ever.. cut your losses now and just beg borrow or steal money for a new unit, and not a Thermann unit that's for sure

Thermann   DM

Hi Benji, Thank you for your inquiry.

Potentially you may be on an off peak tariff, electricity provided to your hot water unit at a designated time of the day or night.

Is the hot water unit a new installation or an existing?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Benji

Hi it is existing. If it is an off peak one how would I go about getting hot water? Sorry

Thermann   DM

Hi Benji, Thanks for your reply.

If possible, please provide us with your contact details on update@thermann.com.au and a Thermann product specialist will contact you and assist you with your inquiry.

Hi Benji,
I had this problem it was the thermostat that wasn’t working. Call an electrician.

Jenni B
Jenni B · Large Electric Storage

We have a Thermann 250L system and have had it for four years. The unit has worked perfectly when there is only my husband and myself, and is okay for 3 people when we are careful of how we shower. The problem is when the family is home. The system heats (I think) from 11 pm to 5 am, and when we are all here, we run out of hot water. Can the system be reset to have a boost capacity, or an additional heating period?

Thermann   DM

Hi Jenni B, Thank you for your inquiry.

May we suggest you contact your electrician, he or she would be able to advise you whether you could potentially have a day and night switch installed, to allow you to have the unit heating on a off peak tariff and also with the option of switching over to a continuous tariff,which would allow you to boost the element when required.

pamela · Large Electric Storage

I've had my thermann for a couple of years now and it has worked brilliantly. However can the top valve be replaced as mine is leaking. I do use it each day to draw hot water from the unit to mix my horse a hot feed (saves going into the house)

Thermann   DM

Hi Pamela, Thank you for your inquiry.

We are happy to hear you are enjoying your Thermann hot water. In regards to your question, it is recommended that the pressure temperature relief valve located on the on the hot water unit is replaced at intervals not exceeding 5 years by a licensed plumber. The valve has been designed as a safety valve, as it is not recommended to be used as a tap as this will cause damage to the valve.

Thank you. Noted

Douglas H.
Douglas H. · Large Electric Storage 315L Single (3.6 kW)

OK guys today I have just had 1 of your hotwater system installed today 315 thm136 litre thermann let's hope it's a great system for your sake I wood also like to no electricity system I hope is also underwarranty and the system has 10 year warranty yes thank's

The tank has 10 years warranty not the system. That has 1 year

Thermann   DM

Hi Douglas H, Thank you for your inquiry regarding the warranty on the Thermann 315THM136 (315L, 3.6kW) hot water unit.

All components of the water heater
are covered by a 1 year parts and
labour warranty. The storage tank is
covered for up to a further 9 years
against failure.

Ziggy M. · Large Electric Storage

Water not hot enough, WHERE is the adjustment and is it accessible,???? Straight forward Question.

Thermann   DM

Hi Ziggy, Thank you for your inquiry. May we suggest that you contact your plumber to check the temperature as you may have an issue with an associated part that controls the temperature. Also in relation to adjusting the temperature on the unit, you must be a licensed person.

Ziggy M.

Thank You for your response. My basic simple question was not answered. I am a trades person. I Know you need a licensed person to do certain jobs. But I do not need a plumber to turn an adjustment screw Or change the tap washer.

Ziggy M. · Large Electric Storage

Where is the temperature adjustment screw,.

Malcolm W.
Malcolm W.

You have not been given an answer because there is no adjustable thermostat on these units. As far as I know as a tradesman, when the unit overheats it just blows the heated water out the relief valve (wasting water and electricity) while also replacing that overflowing water back with cold water which then drops the water temperature. With a single element unit, if your off peak timer in the meter box is set for too long and the discharge happens close the the end of the period, this discharge and cold water replacement at night can leave you with only warm water left in the tank first thing in the morning.

Kerrie
Kerrie · Large Electric Storage

I’ve just been offered a 250 litre tank for free. It’s 2 months old. Our current unit is about 50 years old and is in the roof. It was in the roof when my parents bought the house 48 years ago and had never been updated. It’s going fine - never had a problem. Thought I’d grab this free one to have incase the old one dies, but now I’m really worried about the quality, based on the reviews.

Thermann   DM

Hi Kerrie, We are committed to providing the best possible hot water experience for our customers and strive to bring products to the market that are designed to last in the Australian environment. We have a 10-year tank warranty on our large electric storage range. This warranty is relevant to the time of purchase.

We can assure you that we follow up on each review we receive to try and provide a positive outcome when we can, and often this has resulted in a great outcome for our customers.

We can't provide guidance on the history of each unit, so can not comment on your decision to install a used unit, however, we would strongly recommend consulting with your plumber on the best option for you and certainly have the unit installed by a licenced plumber. We are of course happy to provide support and assistance to you and your plumber once the unit is installed in any way we can.

We hope whatever the outcome, you have a good hot water experience.

If you would like more information about our hot water services, you can visit our website - external link

All the best

Suzy H.
Suzy H. · Large Electric Storage 125L (3.6 kW)

Our electricity bill has gone up a lot with the installation of the new water system but our usage patterns haven’t changed. It’s bigger than the old system (we live in a rental) and I’d like to turn the system down or even off as we live in a very tropical climate and have cold showers daily.

I turn the cold tap on and hot water comes out for a while before it becomes cold so I really don’t need to be wasting heating of 250lts of water when it’s only used to wash dishes. The washing machine heats cold water and we don’t have a dishwasher.

The manual doesn’t tell me how or which valve to turn to do this. Thanks, Suzy

Thermann   DM

Hi Suzy H, Thank you for your inquiry.

May we suggest that you contact your landlord, as the temperature may be set at its maximum, and you would also require a licensed person to check the thermostat and make any necessary adjustments. Also they would be able to advise you how to isolate the power and incoming cold water to the hot water unit. In relation to hot water coming out of your cold water tap. Potentially the cold water pipes within the dwelling may be installed in a roof, or exposed on an outside wall and therefor the cold water piping has been heated and eventually cools down after you have opened your cold water tap.

We hope this information is helpful, and please feel free to contact us if you require any more information.

Terry Howlett · Large Electric Storage

what is the daily discharge rate for a thermann 160 litre system

Thermann   DM

Hi Terry, Thank you for your inquiry.

The discharge rate from a PTR valve is approximately 3% to 7% of the tanks capacity per heating cycle.

Also, if the PTR valves leaks when unit is not heating. Please contact your Plumber to check the valve and incoming water pressure.

Hi - I appreciate the reply, the information was helpful - Cheers Terry

John H.
John H. · Large Electric Storage

Hi there
today I bought 180 litre Thermann hwc, i'm wondering what thickness and what material is used to insulate it. Also, could you please show me 'a cross section' of its internal construction?
john

Hi John,
I would suggest you Ask directly to the manufacturer.
Or ask any plumber in your Area.
Sorry, I can’t help you.

Regards

Peter M.
Peter M.

Contact Thermann direct. Turns out their after sales service is very good. I had a problem but it was rectified completely.

Cheers

Thermann   DM

Hi John. We don't actually make a 180L unit. You may be reffereing to our 160L electric models?
The Thermann 160L units have a 50mm thick insulation and uses an enamal internal coating on the tank. Unfortunatly we can't not provide an internal image as this is intellectual property reserved by the manufactuer.

Hope this helps.

James · Large Electric Storage

We had a Hotwater system installed in our garage and still after a year it doesnt work properly.

Hot water just trickles out

Hi James
If your hot water unit is a thermann and only a year old , I recommend you ring Reece plumbing warranty line for a solution, however are you sure the plumber has installed the unit correctly , maybe call the plumber back to confirm that it is definitely the hot water unit
All the best James

Is that 1300 number?

Honestly probably was the plumber hasnt connected as weve had them out twice already to the plumbing. Although its always just trickled out.

Hi James, Thank you for your inquiry,

The best solution would be to contact your plumber, as you potentially may have issues with the supply of gas, water and power. You can also contact us through update@thermann.com.au and one of our Thermann Technical specialists will be happy to assist your plumber in troubleshooting the unit.

Hope this help.

Jane
Jane · Large Electric Storage

Keep running out of hot water. If you try to have a shower after 8pm at night the water is cold. Only had installed for 6 months. And this happens only after 2 showers. Is it some sort of setting issue.

Hi Jane
Terribly not sure what the issue could be but at least your hot water unit is under warranty, firstly the plumber that installed it usually can identify the problem, if he can’t then contact warranty department, I can say the warranty department was extremely helpful , sorry I couldn’t be of further assistance Jane

Thermann   DM

Hi Jane, Thank you for your inquiry. Based on the information you have provided, it would be difficult to answer your question. We would encourage you to visit update@thermann.com.au, and provide your contact details and the relevant information on the Thermann unit, size and model number (if known), and a Thermann representative will contact you to assist with your inquiry.

Thermann.

Viet W.
Viet W. · Large Electric Storage

It is stopping after two years, be careful with this brand. I have Rheem for almost 7 with other properties still running. Not worth headache to buy this product.

Thermann   DM

Hi Viet, Thank you for your inquiry.

You have mentioned that the hot water service is stopping. Could you please advise what you mean by stopping? Are you aware that if the unit has a fault in regards to the element or thermostat that it has a 1 year full replacement warranty and the Tank itself has a 10 year manufacture warranty. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

AB51
AB51 · Large Electric Storage 250L Single (3.6 kW)

Our unit seems to be switching on (or the pump does) about every 20 minutes or so ! is this normal? and if so how can I change the settings, more so for the night time.

Les G
Les G · Large Electric Storage

What is the storage cylinder made of?

AC
AC

Hi Les, Its made of pretty much the same thing as all the others on the market. It has a colourbond sheet metal outer case and the tank is mild steel with a mirrored glass like coating.

I think they are made by DUX and re-badged as a Reece "own brand", as I've only seen Thurmann at Reece outlets. No issues so far.

Get an answer from our members and Thermann representatives

Select a listing for your question
Thermann Large Electric Storage