VerifiedMPN:1306876

Stephen T.
Stephen T.6 posts

Noisy. Avoid

Noisy. Noisy. Noisy!
Typing this at 4.30am after the heat pump on our new build yet again has woken us all.up. Reece says this is just how they are. Also dumps water all over ground from outlets (cement already stained) and have to run about 3L of water before hot comes out.. Reece also says this is normal. Will be replacing with a traditional electric hot water unit. Thanks for the money down the drain Reece. Show details
PREMG
PREMGPerth, WA

unit is performing well

So far so good, unit is performing well, hardly uses any electric and we have never run out of hot water even with 8 people visiting/ staying in our house. These are brilliant if sized correctly and installed correctly. I am a plumber and have installed this at my own property. We did away with the gas feed to our property as we have no demand for gas anymore. Highly recommended, so far no issues. I bought thermaan as I hope parts will be available in the 'long run' which I don't suspect will happen if you buy a cheap Chinese version Show details ·  1
DavidCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC12 posts
Mel
MelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA
DavidMetropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

noise level

Replaced a noisy Rheem hot water system with what I was guaranteed by a local plumber was one of the quietest on the market, I had not found any reviews on the Thermann prior to the purchase. Seems to be a good product so far, the only complaint is the noise level which drones through our home, would have gone solar instead. In high density housing that occurs in suburbs now, like some air conditioning systems not a neighbour friendly item. Unfortunately unable to download recordings.
, Show details
Bax
BaxGoulburn Valley, VIC3 posts
  Verified 300L

Efficient but has had some reliability issues

Installed September 2019 and has broken down twice.
Electronic side appears to be the unreliable component of what seems to be an otherwise good product.
Thermann have been good with repairs out of warranty. Show details ·  1
Mark Robinson
Mark Robinson

We have 2 Therman x Hybrid Heat pumps installed to separate units

One of the heat pump units is extremely noisy to the other.suspect a problem with fan! Would appreciate a serviceman from Therman take a look please.My contact is 0408387984 Mark. Show details ·  1
Overall
Noise Level
Rebecca
RebeccaSydney, NSW

You have been warned

High expectations for this German heat pump that have been crushed with 3 system failures in 3.5 years. Installed for our new build in February 2019, first service call Dec 2020 - element replaced. Second service call December 2021 - faulty unit replaced with new unit. Third service call Nov 2022 - element on new unit replaced. Update: Originally advised that this is not covered under warranty. Contacted by Thermann through this review for mediation, who have now decided to cover repair costs. Show details
Warren
WarrenHunter Region, NSW7 posts
  300L

A few years in and still working perfectly

We bought this unit after our Gas Storage System failed. The Thermann X is a great Hot Water Heater. We have a family of 5 and have never run out of hot water. Currently set to run whenever it needs to but will be changing to run only when Solar is Generating Electricity. Anyone done this? Show details ·  1
Brad G
Brad GGippsland, VIC
Mark
Mark3 posts
  300L

Faulty unit keeps breaking down

Installed in a new house build December 2018. It has been serviced/fixed 5 times since installation. It has had parts replaced each time and the service agent stated they are a poor unit as they have to attend to many complaints with these units. When it works is a good unit but should NOT have to have it fixed this many times. Would definitely steer clear of buying this model. Show details
Bruce
Bruce11 posts
  300L

Effective and efficient hot water system

Hard to evaluate as it is used conjointly with two quantum systems. Therefore there over 900 litres of hot water to service 7 motel rooms. Only ever ran out , when the unit tripped the circuit breaker. Show details ·  1
Justin Glass
Justin Glass2 posts

Efficient but unreliable

My unit is cheap to run but needs fixing about once per year, which is disappointing for an expensive hot water system. There’s a lack of plumbers with the right gear to fix it to and when you do get hold of one they mention that the faulty parts are a common design issue for the units. Show details
Maria C.
Maria C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC
  300L

can I arrange this through the Vic Gov rebate scheme?

I am planning to replace my existing hot water tank and would like to know more about this unit.
Is it available through the Gov Rebate scheme. We currently have a Rheem 101 Series 230 litre. thanks Show reply
Dot
DotGreat Southern, WA

Love it!

I'm very happy with the product, it is efficient, cost effective. reliable and attractive too!
I had a few questions and emailed the supplier and received a speedy, detailed and extremely helpful response. Show reply

Peter K.
Peter K. · X Hybrid Heat Pump 300L

I am so over this rubbish, 9 days out from christmas and 7 extras coming to stay and it has crap itself again, 3rd or 4th time in not yet 4 years. same issue, seal in top element gone.
last time took about 3 weeks to fix. When it works it is great but this issue is beyond a joke. who is going to pay when it runs out of warranty, refused to discuss this last time it failed.
Not good enough Stiebel Eltron, about time you sorted this recurrent issue permanently.
I would not recommend these to anybody.

Martin Gwynne · X Hybrid Heat Pump 300L

Hi we have had the 300 hybrid unit for 8 months now. It has been coming up with the red spanner fault code. I have rung to get it corrected about 5 times now. I have managed to get it to reset by turning it off and back on again and that gets us hot water again. But your service types won’t come and look at it till there is a hard up fault. So it is now in fault yes the dreaded red spanner of cold water. It happened last Thursday (it’s Sunday now) I reported it on Friday morning and was told that the service types would be in contact. I’m getting pretty frustrated as I also had a heart attack last Saturday and require a fair bit of assistance.
So read from that last statement that I am very unimpressed just to say it nicely.
Come on guys.

Beatrice
Beatrice · X Hybrid Heat Pump 300L

I am considering the Thermann X Hybrid Heat Pump system but cannot find any mention on the specifications list of noise level when operating . Please can you advise the DB rating for both the 220L and the 300L.

Compare all Thermann X Hybrid Heat Pump listings
CategoryElectric Hot Water Storage SystemsElectric Hot Water Storage Systems
Price (RRP) $4,025.88$3,393.71
TypeStorageStorage
Dimensions 1913 x 690 mm1545 x 690 mm
Capacity300.00L220.00L
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)
  • MPN: 1306876