Thermomix TM31 Questions & Answers

73 questions from our users

Lillian L.

Lillian L.asked

Thermomix TM31

my lid is hard to lock in place and almost impossible to take off. I have changed the seals but problem persists.

Sabine C

Sabine Casked

Thermomix TM31

The machine is making a beeping noise.
Only the rotary blade seems to be working,
The scales, varoma, timer are not working.
Does the machine need to be serviced? Or is there something I can do at home.

lorraine

lorraineasked

Thermomix TM31

My heat setting no working can it be fixed?

Alojzy B.
Alojzy B.

Su Thoasked

Thermomix TM31

Where do I buy a replacement for the +/- rubber buttons?

Trina W.
Trina W.

Did you get a response for your question.

nope!!

Karen D.

Karen D.asked

Hi,
The blades on my TM31 won’t turn at speed when there is food in the bowl, but will turn fine when the bowl is empty?

ReBeccA
ReBeccA

Karen, maybe check to see the food in the bowl is not too chunky and that you can move the blade manually to make sure it's not stuck. May help.

Rossbo

Rossboasked

Thermomix TM31

Does anyone have a solution for a stuck button - the dough button is stuck in, it means that most of the buttons including the scales will not work. The unit will turn on and mix at any speed but obviously the functionality is considerably reduced.

Staci F.

Staci F.asked

Thermomix TM31

Am I able to get a replacement cord for my TM31?

Martina b

Martina basked

Thermomix TM31

Is it possible to buy only the blade for the jar? Tm31?

Louise B.
Louise B.

yes you can.. Head to the mix shop on the thermomix australia website and you can purchase just the blade there.

VickiTen

VickiTenasked

Thermomix TM31

Hi - the numbers etc are peeling off the front panel. Does anyone know where I can get/replace just the panel (without having to send in the whole machine)?
Thanks!

Pedro G.
Pedro G.

You can buy a sticker here

Rosalie Taylor

Rosalie Taylorasked

Thermomix TM31

Can I replace the power cord to my TM31 as it looks like some heat has melted it

Kate T.

Kate T.asked

Thermomix TM31

I was going to make the white sauce tonight but my machine was jumping around everywhere when it was at speed 4. Does anyone know what this problem might be caused by?

Malissa B.
Malissa B.

Hi Kate, maybe make sure it is sitting securely on a flat surface. Mine does this sometimes depending on what it is I'm trying to make so when I have big/bulky things it's trying to move around this normally happens to me.(normally a higher speed though.is it due for a service?

CrC

CrCasked

Thermomix TM31

Is it easy to replace the motor without affecting the functionality of the screen. I was a qualified electrician but not too hot with anything that needs to be resolved- programmed. Thanks

Cinnamon B.

Cinnamon B.asked

Thermomix TM31

Hello - does anyone know how I can remove the front clear plastic face/ cover on the control panel? I want to clean under it? TIA

Reg & Alice J.asked

Thermomix TM31

When I use my machine to cook, it sticks

Sue27
Sue27

Does the food stick or do the blades stick. If it’s the blades they may be bent. If the food sticks it may be that temp is too high or you are cooking the food too long.

Reg & Alice J.

The food sticks to the bottom of the bowl and starts to burn. This is for risotto, and mashed potatoes etc.

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

Thermomix TM31

Hi there, my TM 31 won't heat up at all... just made bechamel sauce, and it ended up a curdled mess of cold mush in the bottom of the bowl. The bowl wasn't hot at all. Any clues of what's happening? Thanks

JAC
JAC

I had the same issue. All functions were working except heat. I have a 2nd jug so knew it wasn't jug issue because it happened on both. I had to get a new motherboard.. Unfortunately TM service department is terrible it took 2 attempts and many phone calls and 2 months for it to be fixed.

Tracey L

Tracey Lasked

Thermomix TM31

Hi I have the TM31 and the display panel lights up but no digits or anything coming on! Any suggestions ! TIA Tracey

Bella T

Bella Tasked

Thermomix TM31

Hey. I have the TM 3 and my blades are not moving at all. I can hear the motor working but not the blades. Any advice please? Thanks

Kareb
Kareb

It sounds like your blade has stripped. It’s designed to strip over time rather than damage the shaft going down to the motor. It’s an easy fix for a new blade as you can swap it yourself after you order a new one. $115 I think.

Petascasked

Thermomix TM31

Can I mill brown rice as per instructions in the everyday cook book without the temperature coming on. So 250 gm brown rice, 2 mins at speed 9, temperature rises to 50 before I finish, I’m wondering if the warm rice flour will not keep well.
Cheers

NikkiBikkie
NikkiBikkie

I have milled brown rice without heat and had no problems :)

Unless you actually turn the heat on you can mill with out the heat. If you are using the TM5 with a recipe via the chip or cook key then just swap to the manual settings to suit your requirements.

Petasc

I have TM31, seems the heat automatically starts, cant see where to turn it off/on.
Cheers

Bron

Bronasked

Thermomix TM31

I have a TM31 and scales keep setting back to 0 when I try and weigh something. Anyone else had this issue?

TM31newbie

TM31newbieasked

Thermomix TM31

Is there a "lock" mode for travel for the TM31?

Ali J
Ali J

Not that I know of. I bought the travel bag for mine

loulou121
loulou121

Sort of! The lid locks on, which is all you need. On the TM5, the transportation mode just locks the lid. It doesn’t do anything else.