4Thermomix TM31

64% · 293142 · 31%

Anita S
Anita S

Broken down after 3 years

I really love the functionality of the machine and all it can do and while it eas working it is great.. and now just on 3 years and out of warranty the screen has gone and will cost over $200 to repair.. for the price of the machine it needs a longer warranty

libby
libby10 posts
  TM31

Warranty too short for the price

I love my Thermomix as a food processor, so very expensive for that.

I underuse it for cooking as this model just wasn't big enough for a family of five.

However the heating element has gone after less than 3 years of infrequent cooking.

Very disappointing. I have to buy the bowl again if I want to cook in it again.

jak2015
jak2015Perth, WA11 posts
  Verified TM31

Not worth the money. Warranty should be longer for the price

I have had my TM31 for five years now. It has never been "amazing" to me as someone who actually enjoys cooking tasteful food. It is a convenience thing which is more convenient for people who do not enjoy the cooking process or are time poor. The flavours that come from this technique do not compare to the cooktop, purely due to the design (always covered, sweating the food, no caramelisation).

Now five years on, my blades are blunt and the kneading button doesn't work. Not covered by warranty and not worth buying again.

Betty
Betty18 posts
BooBoo
BooBoo
  TM31

Could never live without one

I've had mine for about 4 years or so, makes effortless gravy, cheese sauce etc and the English custard is the best, I have used it for fresh tomato sauce which is lovely over Pasta. However I really don't like the Bread recipes as it tastes very dry and the Soup recipe I've tried but prefer my own soup I make in the pan on the Stove. I have tried some recipes but really I have barely tried the many dishes it can do. To think I only bought it after watching Come dine with me-Australia. I contacted the UK supplier , gulped at the price, had a demo and here we are. I really do recommend this. If this one goes West I will certainly buy another.

snowy71
snowy71Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC6 posts

Best Household Appliance Ever

Can't fault my trusty TM31. Coming up to 5 years owning this appliance and it hasn't missed a beat. With a busy lifestyle of work and family (with allergies in the family), this appliance has allowed me to cook in a healthy and efficient manner. My kids use it regularly.

Amber
Amber
  TM31

I can cook way more than ever!

This machine is just amazing! Ive now used all the settings. I could only cook basic foods before, now my creative skills are endless! Ranges from whole cheesecakes to pizza to vegies and meat meals. Its the most money i have spent on one item, but completely worth every cent! Way less dishes to clean. Quick and easy chopping of ingrediants. No standing around, waiting for food to cook and stir to avoid burnt meals. Just turn on and walk away. Easy to understand how it works, the do's and donts. I reccomend it to friends and family all of the time. Everyone should have one of these machines! :D

long suffering chef
long suffering chef
Craig_Stevens64
Craig_Stevens644 posts

Worst Product I have ever brought

This is by far the worst product I have ever brought, it was completely useless. I would not recommend anyone buy a thermomix. If you want to see the injuries it can cause jump on to youtube and check it out. It is certainly not a good product and I couldn't even get my money back.

angela
angelaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA18 posts
Gabe.HInnisfail2 posts

Disappointed to be having to send it back 3rd time

Have had my Tm31 for over 5 yrs and used it almost every day. Love my thermomix and can't imagine being without it but... Have had to send it away to be fixed 2 times previously for repair( no fault of use) and each time at my expense of around $300 each time. Now the motor is not working properly. Have to turn dial to about 4 for blades to start moving and as I turn it up it stays at same revs until it reaches about 8 and then kicks in to highest revs. I suppose the choice will be do without

vanny
vannyGippsland, VIC15 posts
ShaLou
ShaLou4 posts
Sharyn41
Sharyn41Sydney4 posts

Thermomix is indeed amazing

Well I saw it and thought, "that's easy, I can do that!" I bought one and indeed it was easy to use and to reproduce the results I saw at the demo. We had wanted to move our family onto a natural and unprocessed diet and now have all manor of creations being set on our table. Family favorites are basics like steamed salmon, bolognaise, stroganoff, magic bean cake, lemonade, vegetable ribbons, soft serve ice cream, coleslaw, broth, tomato sauce, dips, mashes, soups, smoothies, Veges and snacks. We love it!!!

Mag
Mag

Perfect for our family

I certainly don't regret my purchase of a Thermomix, despite what some may say. As a busy mum it is a great time saver, but more importantly it encourages and makes it easy for me to make healthy snack options for my children instead of option for the packets. Love it!

Amanda C.
Amanda C.2 posts

I love my thermomix

I've had my TM31 for 5 years and all that has happened was a split blade earlier this year. It hasn't missed a beat and I use it every day from Making breakfast Porridge or CADA (coconut almond date and apple pulsed into a moist immediate Bircher muesli type breakfast. I make bread, yoghurt and spaghetti bolognese, curries, jams everything. Great for making quick dips, soups, sorbet! It's reliable and accurate and quick. I don't think the copies come close.

Holly Phy
Holly Phy4 posts

Can't live without it

This blender it the best!!! It is great for making healthy snacks to whip up on the go. It is also great for sorbets and other desserts when people come over at the last minute. The only annoying thing about it is that the lid is so hard to take the lid off but apart from that I think everyone should get one.

Susie8000
Susie80006 posts
Juju
JujuNairne

Life Changing

I was diagnosed with coeliac disease later in life and have never felt so well since eliminating gluten from my diet. Then I discovered the thermomix and wow! I can now mill my own buckwheat for pancakes at a quarter of the price of the buckwheat flour. And that's just the start. I'm cooking for one but I've never made a better investment. Just love it!

Daz
Daz

Cream on top

The thermomix is great. Its not the be all and end all but as an expensive tool that does some great things I would really recommend it. Does a lot of things really well, is tough and pretty easy to use. Beware though that some people with them become insufferable :-/

ibujenny
ibujennySouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Congratulations On Winning 2014 Choice Shonky Award

Deserved win by a disreputable company who have had total disregard for its customers. Total lack of transparency and continue to offer 'bandaid' solutions for a faulty product. Verbal diarrhoea and rhetoric will no longer win them favours or customers.

Pallap
PallapGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

Best purchase ever!!!!!!!!

I've had mine for over 2 years. I bought as I had food intolerances and wanted to cut out preservatives and chemicals. I make most things from scratch - dips, pastry, pizza dough, curry paste, sauces and the list goes on. Love it, I cook more and eat more healthily as I know what I'm eating. It paid for itself in a year and I have not had one issue. I don't buy sauces, dips, bread, doughs etc. love it!!

Naty nat
Naty nat3 posts

impressed

I bought mine second hand and i' am quite impressed. Was looking for an appliance that i can cook healthy raw recipes, grinds nuts in seconds to make protein balls. I have 2 young kids and the thermie so far has been a godsend as I don't need to stand over a pot to stir etc. I Love it!

rikimo
rikimoPerth, WA24 posts

Perfect for all cookers

I can't cook but with this I can make things I would never had dreamt of trying. Thanks Thermomix!

I've had mine for over 4 years and never had any issues with it.

Yes it's expensive but for the convenience, ability to make awesome and delicious range of food from scratch is worth every cent to me.

william
williamEllenbrook34 posts

All that you need!

There is only 2 things you need in a new kitchen. Thermomix and a Air Fryer, you are set to go!

I learnt cooking and cooked 90% of my food through the Thermy. Its awesome, its easy to use and lastly its smart!

You have to use it to believe it. Dont just read the reviews, book a demo today!

HarvestBazza
HarvestBazzaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC6 posts

Changed my life

My mrs bought a thermomix 2 years ago. We use our thermomix for at least 10 individual kitchen tasks per week. We started cooking more often, making things from scratch and to this day we have never had a fault or technical issue. Very robust, Very powerful. Does what it is marketed to do. 5/5

Debmac
DebmacHunter Region, NSW4 posts

Best Thing I ever purchased for the kitchen

I love my thermomix, its totally changed the way I cook. No more packets or jars I do everything from scratch. Its fast, easy and user friendly, there are so many recipes and forums online for support and tips. I would highly recommend this machine. It may seem expensive but it is 5 appliances in 1 machine. Once you have one there is not looking back!

maria
maria
  TM31

I have problems with mine but Thermomix are happy to replace!,

I have had problems with my Thermomix it has been serviced twice to Melbourne I contacted the Perth service centre who were were really helpful and polite. It has made me confident again with the company and they're service and can't wait to get my Thermomix so don't believe all you read about their service

Naomi T.
Naomi T.Toowong5 posts
  TM31

Brilliant time saver in the kitchen

I hesitated to buy one for about two years after a friend bought one. Then after I burnt out two food processors chopping nuts and ice, decided to buy one. Husband was appalled at the price. However, I use it multiple times a day and it has proven itself indespensible. We have owned it for a year now and it is in constant use with no problems whatsoever. We use all features- super powerful motor for crushing ice and nuts, makes brilliant bread dough steamer is perfect. The best thing about it is its consistency- same result every single time and you never have to stand there watching the pan to make sure it doesn't boil over or burn. Just set it and walk away. Would highly recommend to anyone.

Daisy D
Daisy DAustralia3 posts

Amazing

Worth every cent. This is my second Thermomix and it's really worth all the hype.

This little gadget has saved me countless hours in the kitchen and makes everything so much easier.

A true asset to my kitchen.

shawclan
shawclanPerth, WA6 posts
  TM31

If you can afford it then buy it

Time saving meals...reduced washing up and healthier food. Such an asset to the kitchen. Love the healthy salads that are so easy to make.

Levee
Levee
  TM31

Bad company - unreliable and deceptive

The product itself is great but I have no trust in the company or the quality of the machine. My is faulty and gives open lid error when lid is closed. I have to open the lid,turn machine off, then turn it on, close lid and hope that now it will work, sometimes a few times! Very annoying when you're cooking and in a hurry. Definitely not what you expect when paying $2000 . I have no trust that the machine will last for ever as promisedby the company. When they have no problem knowingly selling a faulty machine, the two years warranty is not reassuring at all. Think hard before falling into their trap.

Larry
LarryAdelaide9 posts
little firefly
little firefly2 posts
  TM31

Product is only as good as the back up service.... which is TERRIBLE

I've had my Thermomix for just over 12 months. I find the scales are definitely not accurate. My measuring cup has cracked and I have had the faulty lid seal replaced. Thermomix will replace both items, but this was only after leaving messages they didn't return and then they sent the replacements to my previous address.

I may have just lucked out a faulty machine... but their service makes a faulty product even more frustrating!!!

A Russell
A RussellPerth6 posts

Love my thermie's!!!

My family has changed the way we eat and look at food! I save at least $85pw on food plus another $30-80 on takeaway's.

I have the tm31 and tm5 and have never had a problem with the machines and my consultant is wonderful and often contacts me to see if there is anything I need help with. She even signed me up to a cooking class because I wasn't using te varoma. I've been to 3 now and use the varoma almost daily lol.

Tiziana
Tiziana

Can't live without it!

i have had my Thermomix for 3 1/2 years it is the best appliance I have in my kitchen . I make my bread daily, bake cakes prepare salads and cook meals with it. I have also started to make the clean living juices(as per the buliit ) to date if I have any questions I call my consultant and she is more than helpful.

FroggyLegs
FroggyLegsMelbourne3 posts

Love it! Using very regular for 4+ years now

The Thermomix has made my life so much easier in the kitchen. I've probably averaged using it once a day for the whole 4 years I've had it. I love making a lot of things from scratch, so I honestly believe it has helped me eat healthier.

Hardly had any problems from it. Occasionally it beeps at me and a power reset fixes it. In the 4 years I've only had to change the lid's sealing ring once and that's it in terms of replacing things. Looks as good as new. Thermie is my very useful friend :-)

Angel
Angel

Faulty all the way

I have had issues with my thermomix tm31 since purchase. I need all my strength to lock it. I have found the with the force I am also taking the white on the actual machine off. In 18months I have had the measuring cup replaced three times and varoma lid cracking too. My jug bottom is wearing as well where as my sister's model before mine working well and no markings. I spoke to them and fobbed off. Now I can't lock it I can't use it. $2000 could have gone on a holiday and enjoyed myself. Now shatered I was my money.

Fairy Bear
Fairy Bear23 posts
Leisa S
Leisa S5 posts
  TM31

Faulty product, poor service, terrible customer relations!

I paid $2000 for a TM31 less than four months ago and have since been advised that my machine has a fault which can cause hot liquids to explode out the lid. There have been cases where people have been burned. The machine leaks out the lid. Thermomix are not taking this seriously and are attempting to apply a bandaid solution rather than fix the fault. It's not worth it, this company is dodgy and selling a dodgy product which they refuse to fix. Do not buy!!

• 2