Thermomix TM31

Thermomix TM31 (page 2 of 23)

3.7

• Safety
Shannon

ShannonCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

This is a fantastic Kitchen appliance!

I dont know how many times I have told my husband I love the TMX, it is makes cooking all round 10x quicker, processes that would normally take a lot of time so much easier and faster, things I would never think of even making are regular staples in our house now because of ease of use.
The noise of the TM31 is the only thing I can fault, when we purchased this, i had a newborn and was worried about waking her but soon got too learn it didnt bother her but its really the only thing I can fault.
Easy to clean, the bowl i just shove in the DW - we use the TMX at least twice every day.

Date PurchasedAug 2012

Review collected in partnership with Thermomix TM31

Brad

BradNewcastle

Handle fell apart. No help from Thermomix as it is out of warranty.

Date PurchasedJan 2011
Todd

ToddPerth

Love it, use it every day, but VERY overpriced.

Love this device, use it daily for all sorts of things.Can't fault it's quality & reliability, have had it for 3 years now.Just very expensive, far too overpriced for my liking however. Other competitor offerings for a far cheaper price. Would try one of the other products next time for sure.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Lisl M

Lisl MAU

Appalling reliability and Customer Service

Date PurchasedDec 2014
Carla

CarlaMelbourne

Was amazing but many faults after a few years

I have my Thermomix for over 7 years and still use it daily. It's a great appliance with so many uses but the quality has diminished over the years. The scales no longer work, the blades aren't as sharp and doesn't feel like it did years ago. Replacement pieces can be purchased but I was told when purchasing that it would easily last ten years without having to spend anything else or pay out for regular services.

Date PurchasedJan 2010
Ra_Ra

Ra_Ra

Perfect for families

I couldn't live without it now after having it for over 5 years. It makes so many daily tasks a breeze. I get so much more out of my food owning this. The options for use are endless. The online recipe collection is amazing...you can pretty much thermomix anything!! Ease of use I love the manual buttons on the tm 31 Im starting to worry about all the cooking appliances going fully electric.

Date PurchasedJun 2012
Honeybower

Honeybower

The lazy cook's best friend

My kitchen changed forever the day Thermie came to town. Until then, I had never made risotto - now I have a repertoire of risottos - including creamy garlic prawn - my fave. Thermie takes the stress out of unexpected guests, as long as you have the basic ingredients on hand, you can whip up dips in seconds. Oh, and you will never buy butter ever again! I wish I had Thermie when my kids were growing up.

Date PurchasedOct 2009
Amy Lee

Amy LeeMelbourne

Very handy machine - use it daily, but high purchase cost

The main negatives are the initial cost , and the seal needs replacing regularly. Mine leaks water out the top which I hate. However even then I can use it for mixing cakes , fantastic with dough . The grinder was not really fine enough for my liking and I have tried mince but it's too chunky. Also cleaning can be a little tedious but it dismantles and assembles quickly. Would rate it 5 stars if it didn't leak which I think can lead to major safety issues.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Cymkyan

CymkyanCanningvale

My daily life saver

We hardly eat out since we got the thermomix.We had it for 3 years now and we use it almost daily. sometimes twice a day. good for busy mums. I relied on it to cook all meals when i was pregnant and couldn't stand the smell of cooking. Love it!

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Broken down after 3 years

I really love the functionality of the machine and all it can do and while it eas working it is great.. and now just on 3 years and out of warranty the screen has gone and will cost over $200 to repair.. for the price of the machine it needs a longer warranty

Date PurchasedDec 2013
libby

libby

Warranty too short for the price

I love my Thermomix as a food processor, so very expensive for that.
I underuse it for cooking as this model just wasn't big enough for a family of five.
However the heating element has gone after less than 3 years of infrequent cooking.
Very disappointing. I have to buy the bowl again if I want to cook in it again.

Date PurchasedJun 2014
jak2015

jak2015Perth, WA

Not worth the money. Warranty should be longer for the price.

I have had my TM31 for five years now. It has never been "amazing" to me as someone who actually enjoys cooking tasteful food. It is a convenience thing which is more convenient for people who do not enjoy the cooking process or are time poor. The flavours that come from this technique do not compare to the cooktop, purely due to the design (always covered, sweating the food, no caramelisation).

Now five years on, my blades are blunt and the kneading button doesn't work. Not covered by warranty and not worth buying again.

Date PurchasedMay 2012
Betty

Betty

don't waste your money or time....

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Could never live without one.

I've had mine for about 4 years or so, makes effortless gravy, cheese sauce etc and the English custard is the best, I have used it for fresh tomato sauce which is lovely over Pasta. However I really don't like the Bread recipes as it tastes very dry and the Soup recipe I've tried but prefer my own soup I make in the pan on the Stove. I have tried some recipes but really I have barely tried the many dishes it can do. To think I only bought it after watching Come dine with me-Australia. I contacted the UK supplier , gulped at the price, had a demo and here we are. I really do recommend this. If this one goes West I will certainly buy another.

Date PurchasedOct 2011
snowy71

snowy71Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best Household Appliance Ever

Can't fault my trusty TM31. Coming up to 5 years owning this appliance and it hasn't missed a beat. With a busy lifestyle of work and family (with allergies in the family), this appliance has allowed me to cook in a healthy and efficient manner. My kids use it regularly.

Date PurchasedFeb 2012

Find out how Thermomix TM31 compares to other All-In-One Kitchen Appliances

I can cook way more than ever!

This machine is just amazing! Ive now used all the settings. I could only cook basic foods before, now my creative skills are endless! Ranges from whole cheesecakes to pizza to vegies and meat meals. Its the most money i have spent on one item, but completely worth every cent! Way less dishes to clean. Quick and easy chopping of ingrediants. No standing around, waiting for food to cook and stir to avoid burnt meals. Just turn on and walk away. Easy to understand how it works, the do's and donts. I reccomend it to friends and family all of the time. Everyone should have one of these machines! :D

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Unsuitable for commercial use

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Craig_Stevens64

Craig_Stevens64

Worst Product I have ever brought

This is by far the worst product I have ever brought, it was completely useless. I would not recommend anyone buy a thermomix. If you want to see the injuries it can cause jump on to youtube and check it out. It is certainly not a good product and I couldn't even get my money back.

Date PurchasedDec 2013
angela

angelaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Okay but would expect better for the price

Date PurchasedDec 2012

Gabe.HInnisfail

Disappointed to be having to send it back 3rd time

Have had my Tm31 for over 5 yrs and used it almost every day. Love my thermomix and can't imagine being without it but... Have had to send it away to be fixed 2 times previously for repair( no fault of use) and each time at my expense of around $300 each time. Now the motor is not working properly. Have to turn dial to about 4 for blades to start moving and as I turn it up it stays at same revs until it reaches about 8 and then kicks in to highest revs. I suppose the choice will be do without