2Thermomix TM5
Part of Thermomix 3.8

Thermomix TM5 Questions & Answers (page 3)

Guliyar
Guliyar · Thermomix TM5

How much the price for Thermomix TM5? Thank you

Dtotheaisy
Dtotheaisy

$2,000

Tamm
Tamm · Thermomix TM5

Is Thermomix worth the money?? I'm about to purchase one but hearing all these stories about customers burning themselves, I'm kind of freaking out. Any advice???

Nat Mayall
Nat Mayall

If you follow directions you will be fine, the Burns from the Reports are from the last model. Go to the facebook group TM5 Hints recipes and you will find many people asking for reviews like yourself with hundreds replying

Biggus Dickus
Biggus Dickus

Nobody would want or expect to be burnt whilst cooking and I'd say from my experience that the blade being so sharp is more likely to be a hazard than burning, those who have been burnt mustn't have followed the instructions on how to use the machine and expect user error rather than the machine being at fault - It's not rocket science.

As for value everyone is a little different. If you love cooking or want to be a better cook it's great, if your new to cooking the chip makes life simple and you can make almost anything. Use it and you'll never stop.

Curious George
Curious George

Hello, I also delayed purchasing due to all the hype about burns in the media. I thought I'd wait and see what happened, before I purchased. However,

after having a demo, and talking to a few friends who own a thermomix, I decided anyone can misuse an appliance, and make a big song about it. Noone bothers going to the media or the supplier if they burn themselves on a boiling jug of water or a hot saucepan of soup, so why would they for any other appliance.

Thermomix have put a range of safety warnings on the TM5 now, so we should all be aware.

I took the plunge and purchased the TM5, I love it, its a great appliance, it is very quick at blending or mixing, or kneading etc...... I followed the book for the first few recipes. I found I needed to experiment for a few days before I got the hang of the speeds, and settings, and temperatures as I don't cook by the book or the recipe chip. I love it, it makes cooking super easy, it can stir and heat while I am doing something else. Definitely great for time saving and multitasking. I have made many batches of boiling hot soups, do be careful. I treat boiling and/or hot sugary foods with respect whether I'm using a thermomix or a slow cooker. No burns yet, I have no idea how they got the photos we saw in the media. There are fewer utensils to wash up, almost mess free! It is a different way of cooking, and a lot of fun, I've experimented with a range of recipes, which have made me more creative. I truly love it and wouldn't worry about the media, just get cooking!!! It is super easy for any recipe that normally needs constant stirring over a hot stove, like fudges, custards, sauces, gravy, choux pastry. In the long run it would cut costs, as its very simple to make pastry. I wish I'd bought this years ago now.

Sweetgirl
Sweetgirl · Thermomix TM5

Does anyone make fudge, caramels and other confectionery in theirs? Or gelato?

neets
neets

my friend does and she got the recipe from community recipes. it is to die for.

Anne Diston
Anne Diston · Thermomix TM5

My daughter has lent me her theromix which I just love but she did not include the instruction book I am wanting to cook a recipe which is not in recipe book do I just remove recipe chip?

Bobby Vee

Leave the chip in place. Just use manually.

Download this instruction book and away you go:

TH31:

TM5:

julie
julie · Thermomix TM5

If you are living on your own, is this suitable for all your cooking needs?

Lotusbud
Lotusbud

Julie as you probably know they are quite expensive to start.

I can only say that it has been a wonderful addition to my kitchen. Most of the recipes freeze so you could have a serve and freeze the rest in portions. There are so many varied recipes on line to choose from online or on the recipe chips. My daughter bought one and I thought it was a big extravagance , however once I saw what she was cooking in it and I had a demo I also decided to buy one and am certainly not sorry.You can do so much in it. Go onto recipe community on line or search Thermomix recipes to get an idea of the recipes etc. I must say I like the idea of cooking from scratch and knowing exactly what I'm eating. ....Happy cooking Kath

LazyChef64 · Thermomix TM5

Can I make a TM31 model receipe on the new TM5?

Felicity
Felicity

You sure can :)

Thanks!

Monica Desteno

just keep in mind the maximum amounts & dont exceed them :)

Fluffs · Thermomix TM5

Just made a brave decision an purchased a brand new TM5 from Spain. Will I have to pay custom duty? Does anyone have any experience buying from overseas in relation to the quality of the product? The seller has 100% positive rating.... Thanks.

Susie11
Susie11

As the value is over $900 and the seller has to declare the value you may have to pay customs duty. You will also not have a warranty in Australia should anything go wrong. There will also be no demonstration of the machine and depending on the power supply in Spain you may have to use a transformer to operate it and they can be bulky. Personally I don't think it is worth it.

David

you may find this is only a toy when you get it - people have been caught like this. There are no "cheap" new Thermomixs available anywhere in the world.

Fluffs

Actually i love my Tm5 from Spain! Delivered quickly and saved me $500....

rodio
rodio

Did you have any issues with the power etc?

Fluffs

No, it came with a neat Australian adaptor. Same watt & volt. I had to buy the recipe chip, but thermomix website sells this or gumtree :) I won't get ongoing support from consultants but there's a lot of help out there (facebook, blogs, etc.)

Ferreral
Ferreral

I purchased a TM31 from Spain 5 years ago and I had no issues with the power whatsoever. You just need a little adaptor to fit in the Australian plug. Another option is to go to the Thermomix office in your city. They can change the plug and cable for $27.00. I just have changed the plug on my Thermomix today, that's how I know.

I purchased my TM31 from an online service similar to Gumtree in Spain, and a friend that was travelling in Spain near my seller and went to pick it up, pay it on my behalf and brought it with her on the plane (I had to buy a TM transport bag as well). My friend had to check in the blades, and then carry the Thermomix as hand luggage. I will always be grateful for her incredible help. I save a few hundreds too. It is a bit risky, but I if you don't take risks in life... what can I say... I guess everyone is different. It worked for me and I love it to bits. Good luck with your decision.

Lill
Lill

This is just the kind of question I was looking for! I saw a Thermomix advertised on eBay in Spain. It was advertised as an unwanted gift. I was a dubious about it and, luckily, I was able to retract my bid. I had a feeling it waould attract customs duties and then would end up costing just as much as one bought here and without a warranty. I found out we have a rep/demonstrator about 30 km from here so I will buy it locally, it is much safer. I would like to know, though, whether you, David, work for Thermomix or are non-biased?

Johnald2
Johnald2 · Thermomix TM5

Anyone know how to safely service a TM5 at home? I was able to find a matching thread for the screws at the back, but will need a thinner extension piece to get to the four inset. It's not obvious however if this will easily allow access to the innards. The unit is short circuiting the house power when attempting use, after earlier getting clean pins message. I fear some water has penetrated down through the pins. After two days of attempting to dry it out in the sun by the window it is still shorting out. Alternatively I need a service agent on the NSW Central Coast.

Wanita
Wanita

You need to contact your consultant or head office to get it repaired. I would not be attempting to fix it yourself but that's your call. If your not sure who to contact I would start with the Australian website, good luck!

dee
dee

Did theyrepair or replace. That's my concern $2k for only 2year warranty and I too on the central coast wonder how efficient service is?

David

thermomix service is generally brilliant. Also talk to your consultant. If you no longer have one ask them to assign a new one.

Lisa-Marie W
Lisa-Marie W

I thought it was a lifetime service warranty?????

Lisa Sullivan
Lisa Sullivan · Thermomix TM5

Just wondering how much to purchase an extra jug?? Thank you

don't know - sorry

Legsley GS
Legsley GS

Go onto the thermomix web site and you can buy any spare utensils, jugs, lids and it will tell you how much they are.

Katelyn Hurst
Katelyn Hurst

Oh I wish the extra jugs were still available

Monica Desteno

extra jugs are available for short periods of time on the thermomix website or ordering through a consultant till the end of June.

Ann35
Ann35

They are over $300 new. However if you go onto Facebook there are many TMX items for sale, including bowl sets.

barbara keyes · Thermomix TM5

Are the accessories that come with purchase of the tm 5 adequate for general purpose, or will I have an irate husband, having to spend more $$$$ after a very expensive original purchase?

Sarjay1

Nope, I haven't had to buy any other accessories at all. The only thing I have bought are cook books and a thermoserver.

Mark N

I think the steamer and the strainer are ok.

We have the insulated servers too, but you could easily get away without them.

We just have the basic cookbook with the chip on the side.

Thanks. Helpful.

Patricia Burnett
Patricia Burnett

The Thermomix 5 comes with the steamer (Varoma), simmering basket, butterfly whisk and spatula. When you host your first demo after purchase, you will receive a 2.6L Thermoserver. These are not available for general sale but can be bought at a subsequent demo for $30. It also comes with the Basic Cookbook and recipe chip. There are many other books available but it is not essential to purchase more books since there are thousands of free recipes on recipecommunity.com.au as well as other sites.

mcdsontour
mcdsontour · Thermomix TM5

Can it crush ice?

Yes, very well

Mark N

I think it can, but ours hasn't been back from the service center long enough to have tried.

jodi.lt
jodi.lt · Thermomix TM5

Well I had a demo last night and purchased my first thermie but I would like to ask a question please.

Does the host (ie me) get any benefits with my friend also purchasing a thermie at my party too? Consultant sold one to me and one to her.

Sarjay1

I would certainly ask, it was my understanding you would be eligible for a thermo server or some such thing. According to their website https://www.thermomix.com.au/how-to-purchase/process-of-buying/why-a-demo/ you should get something.

no idea, sorry

loulou121

You are only eligible for a gift at your demo for someone else buying if there is an official company promotion in place at the time, which they do from time to time. Your consultant may offer you something, but that will not be official, and she is under no obligation to do so.

jaybee3
jaybee3 · Thermomix TM5

I am interested in purchasing the TM 5 but the problems some people have experienced is starting to worry me! It's an awful lot of money; I would think if I purchased anything and it stopped working so soon it would be replaced immediately, not repaired! Even my Fitbit was replaced at place of purchase! So why the repairs on new products?

Mark N

I'm now guessing that maybe ours had some seal fitted badly or something.

The fault happened when my daughter, who is usually really careful was using it.

Anyway, I gave the service people heaps and last night the branch manager rang

to say that it would all be fixed under warranty.

If it comes back and works well, I'll probably change my review, but I was not at

all impressed till last night.

Sarjay1

I haven't had any issues with mine at all. My GF's screen stopped working and she had a bit of hassle tracking down someone to talk to but once the issue was identified she said it was fixed super fast and no dramas since.

David

With any product there will be a few that require warranty work and the more that are sold the more you will hear about it, particularly with the thermomix being so popular there are quite a few knockers and imitators who like to exaggerate things. there are way over a million TM5s out there since their introduction about 18 months ago and apparently there is one sold every 30 seconds in the world somewhere. Thermomix has been around for 40 years - this sounds to me like they are very serious about what they do and intend being around for a long time. If their were any real problems with the product sales would reduce instead of increasing exponentially.

Jennifer
Jennifer · Thermomix TM5

How much does it cost in Sydney? (Including the delivery fee)

Thermo Consultant
Thermo Consultant

The price is the same as anywhere else $2089, Delivery is included in that price. When a TM5 is ready for delivery, your consultant will bring it to your home, do the 'unpack' and make vegetable stock (and maybe other things) as part of the 'Delivery Demo'.

Hotchie · Thermomix TM5

Has anyone else encountered the main button coming loose and falling off, which also stops you from switching the machine off?

Helen

Hasn't happened on mine, but I have noticed in lots of forums there seems to be many more people reporting glitches in the TM5 than I ever, ever saw mentioned about the TM31...

Hotchie

Thanks heaps for your answer Helen.

Joanna Boyes

I've had my TM5 for several months now & absolutely love it. It's revolutionised my life & I haven't got a single complaint or negative comment to make. I haven't heard of any complaints regarding the knob coming off either.

Hotchie

Thanks for your response Joanna. Head Office have actually emailed through instructions on how to fix the problem.

loulou121

One reason that we see more issues being reported with the TM5 than the TM31, is that the TM31 was released in Europe 2 years before it was here in Australia, so we didn't see all the reported bugs and glitches in the new model. The TM5 was released here the same day as in Europe, so we have seen the teething issues this time around.

cherrysayers
cherrysayers · Thermomix TM5

What is thermomix tm5 and what does it do?

Helen

A Thermomix tm5 is a good processor that cooks, chips, whips, cuts, steams, purées and a host of other things! Check out their website at [link removed]

Bib
Bib · Thermomix TM5

I want to get one but I have just read that the kid of the Veroma is made with bpa.. Is anyone else worries about that?

Turando

I wasn't worried as the amount is minimal to keep it hardened and there was independent testing done to make sure there was no transference as well.

kerr15k
kerr15k · Thermomix TM5

I wonder if the touch screen is easier to use than the function buttons on the TM31? Could it be more painful having to touch the screen multiple times to get what you want it to do?

Turando

The function buttons on the TM31 were easy to use but I like the control better on the touchscreen and the speed/temp changes (more control in terms of temp and speed). The 3 main things - speed / temp / time are still on the main screen and easy to select. The one button I find more fiddly is turbo having to go in to select it rather than just holding a turbo button.

Having used the TM5 for a month now I'm really loving it and my TM31 is probably feeling a bit neglected :)

Joanna Boyes

It's so easy to use that even children can use them.

rach.mclaren.oz
rach.mclaren.oz · Thermomix TM5

I read a lot of reviews that the 31 model was noisy, does this a lot apply to the newer model?

Joanna Boyes

I believe the new Thermomix 5 is quieter. We have no problem with hearing the television or having a conversation whilst it is operating. It's really no noisier than say the dishwasher.

Turando

TM5 is quieter on cooking but on high speeds I don't find any significant reduction for e.g. when milling or doing ice or anything noisy. Having said that, usually it only takes 10-20 seconds so it's not a big deal to me. The normal cooking speed is quiet for me.

Get an answer from our members and Thermomix representatives

Select a listing for your question
Thermomix TM5