2Thermomix TM5

LukaszSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts
SMM-A-J-Peter
SMM-A-J-PeterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Does it’s job

I like it enough to use it everyday but I think it’s rather overhyped and it’s just a passing fad. If money permits I think it’s a good machine to have though. Show details
Loulou
LoulouGippsland, VIC3 posts
  TM5

Good but not worth the price tag in my opinion

I do enjoy using my Thermomix, I do think it's great, but if I'm completely honest, I don't think they are worth the price tag. There are still plenty of things I prefer to cook stove top or in the oven, having said that, it has made cooking or preparing foods easier.
Albert E
Albert EHunter Region, NSW2 posts

Reliable and Easy

We have had our Thermomix now for over a year and it has been the best purchase we have made. It is so simple to use and we use it daily. Show details
sherri
sherriGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC220 posts
dij123
dij123Great Southern, WA25 posts
Toochie000
Toochie000Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC27 posts

Can’t live without it

LOVE my thermomix! Makes life so much easier. Use it for so many things. The meals that come out of it are amazing! Haven’t had a bad meal yet.. the scales stopped working at one stage. They were promptly fixed by thermomix. Now would LOVE to get the tm6 :) would be good if they had a upgrade offer Show details
Chinadoll
ChinadollGippsland, VIC5 posts
  Fair Incentive TM5

Love it

I purchased my TM5 18 months ago and love it. I set the timer and go off and do other things knowing if I get sidetracked it wont burn, boil over or otherwise spoil. Like all recipes you pick and choose the ones you like. The food is tasty and perfectly cooked and making dough has never been so easy. The TM6 is out now, and I hear it is even better!! Show details
MsPink
MsPinkNorth-West & West coast, TAS21 posts
  TM5

Love ‘em or hate ‘em...I love ‘em!!

I’m continually amazed at the power of this product. I’ve had mine for about 2 years and it still surprises me.

I previously had a non-branded thermal cooker which was heavy and hard to clean and eventually stopped working after only a short time.

The possibilities are endless with the Thermomix. I can create a different cuisine every night.

It makes the smoothest purées and I love that it can spin the blades in reverse for cooking a casserole.

The only thing that annoys me a little is that sometimes it can be hard to scrape your mixture out if you’ve made say brownies or something with a thick sticky consistency.

Other than that, it’s like my sou chef! Show details

kjadams75
kjadams75Sydney Surrounds, NSW2 posts

Awesome all round machine

I have the thermomix tm5, to say I love it is an understatement!
I use my thermomix almost daily and since owning it it has changed my family’s eating habits dramatically.
I no longer buy jar or packet food as my thermomix makes everything from scratch!
Perfect if you have allergies and need a specialised diet you can mil your own grains or rice flour, you can be as adventurous as you want and make things that you never thought possible!
The Tm5 weighs/stirs/blends/heats and so much more, it has a great 2ltr capacity and cooks enough food for my family of 8
The price is quite high, but it has paid for itself in no time at all and I would be lost with out it Show details
Emmah_kate
Emmah_kateSouthwest, VIC8 posts
  Fair Incentive TM5

The only appliance you'll ever need

Thermomix is amazing for chopping, puree..cooking and just general kitchen jobs!
So simply to use and cooks whilst you play with the kids come back and dinner is done!
Bowl does get quite hot whilst cooking but handle doesnt so easy to remove for the machine once cooking has finished.
Just amazing without the massive amount of effort and best of all minimal dishes! Show details
Speaking Up
Speaking Up

Being Bullied by a consultant

I believe the item is very good and sells it self, so therefore the consultant should not bully anyone to buy the product. I was told to ask my husband, told everyone has bills to pay, just put it on interest free, I was told that she was informed that I would buy and that a friend of mine would be so disappointed and the bullying kept on going to try and get me to buy. If this is the type of consultants this company wants to represent the product then they need to have a service for the customers for therapy Be careful out there in Adelaide of bully consultants selling this Thermomix.
Malissa B.
Malissa B.Perth, WA6 posts

Best thing ever

My thermomix has axtually reduced my meal prep time by soo much and has just made a busy night so much less stressful. Im actually enjoying cooking again. I have the cook key al;so however this function is not the easiest thing to use Show details
Anne and Mick
Anne and Mick

Love it

Had mine for over a year and love it. I use it all the time and it has made my life easier. I even bought a second bowl for it Show details

Karen Taylor
Karen TaylorMetropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

Awesomeness

Its the best kitchen item I have bought ever. Before buying this I hated cooking. Now I love it. Tells me what I need how cook and it's so easy to use.love it Show details
R2R0
R2R0South East Queensland, QLD16 posts

Very worthwhile purchase

This machine has made my life easier. Easy to use with a huge collection of recipes, it has helped me save a lot of time preparing and monitoring food at dinner time. I love the set and forget aspect to it, leaves me more time to do other things around the house while I’m waiting for dinner to cook.
It’s expensive but worth the money if you use it regularly, I use mine almost every day, sometimes twice a day.
Easy to clean, no more stacks of washing up after each meal.
The only downside for me is the Varoma. I don’t like the plastic smell of the Varoma on the steamed food. Other than that it’s great. Show details
Csavari
Csavari5 posts
  TM5

Easy to use, easy to clean

I bought my TM5 3 years ago and despite the hefty price, I have no regrets. Cooking is made easier with all the added features it has. I follow instructions carefully on its operation and so far, I had no accidents with it. Show details
tweak31
tweak31AU5 posts
Dom20
Dom20Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC16 posts
  TM5

couldn't live without it!!

I use my thermy daily! Whether for preparation or full meals, it is a very handy appliance to have.
I spent a long time deciding whether to get one due to the price tag but am so glad I did. They have really good interest free promotions which I took up also.
Every week, I make hummus, butter, peanut butter as well as a wide range of condiments and have go to meals such as porridge, risotto, pizza, pancakes and butter chicken regularly Show details
Sue27
Sue27Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC11 posts

My little Kitchen Helper

I purchased my first Thermomix TM 31, three years ago and then I updated to TM5 a year later. I now use both machines. I have been enjoying cooking for 60 years and wish that I had purchased a Thermomix when my children were young. Thermomix is a magician! It mills, chops, sautés, mixes, steams, cooks and blends with a flick of a button and in one bowl.We grow our own herbs and veggies so I can harvest fresh seasonal produce and make delicious, healthy meals with ease. Soup is a breeze in 20 mins, pesto in 15 mins. The food cooks evenly and always tastes great. My consultant has been amazing throughout the purchasing and training process. I recommend taking the time to get to know the machine, follow the safety instructions and enjoy.

Laura
LauraSydney, NSW17 posts

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. total game changer in the kitchen

Worth buying and learning how to use properly.

Not as hard to use as it seems, you get the hang of it pretty quickly.

The Thermomix can do so many things effortlessly, it replaces multiple other small appliances. Heat to exact temperatures, chop, blend, whisk and fold in seconds.

It makes 'hard' recipes like Marshmallow easy for even a beginner to make!

Very happy with my machine, very glad I purchased it.

If you have got a thermomix, I recommend checking out AlyceAlexandra.com - a fabulous blog full of tips, recipes and tricks with your thermomix.

Laura T
Laura TGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

My fav kitchen appliance

I couldn't live without my thermomix. Before purchasing I've never made bread, curry or stock paste from scratch, and that's just to name a few.
Heats up perfectly and can hold the bowl by the handle when hot.
For me it's perfect for pureeing baby foods, kneading bread dough and steaming meats, as well as cake batters. Show details
NP300 STX fan!
NP300 STX fan!North West, QLD9 posts

Would have two if I had the $$

Had for over 4 years now and almost perfect. Had issues with scale in early days but was repaired and returned to us within a week (remote area). Replaced blades as we wore them out! Absolutely cannot live without it. Pick your demonstrator carefully as I know at least one local one is awful Show details
Skye
Skye4 posts
  TM5

Expensive but time saving and versatile

Love my Thermomix I use it daily for smoothies, baking mix, pasta, milling, gelato, cooking and steaming. It saves so much time, it is easy to use and great for non chefs. Just follow the instructions and you will have a dish in no time. Worth the time saved alone but also to eliminate multiple devices from my kitchen.

Liah
Liah

No assistance bad product

The machine doesn't work correctly, shows the food that warming up but it's fake DO NOT BUY IT for the money spent supposed to be an door to door assistance.......VERY DISAPPOINTED ....... Better to buy new cooking set and a few recipes books and for sure I will enjoy the food again

Thermomix   DM

Hi Liah, thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We understand this is an old review, so we'd love to hear how your Thermomix experience is going now. Please let us know if we can be of assistance further.

MKY
MKYSunnyvale
  TM5

Don't like the product and the customer service

Looks Thermomix doesn't have the confidence on their product. After you purchase their product, only 30 days period for you to change to a new one if you find your thermomix has defect. When I found the problem for their temperature control has defect, it already 60 day passed. The customer service just wrote very robotic letter insisting the produce can only be repaired although due to traveling to other country, I only used the Theromix for a few times.

30 day is a very short period of time considering the price of the product and "brand"

Thermomix   DM

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We understand this is an old review, so we'd love to hear how your Thermomix experience is going now. Please let us know if we can be of assistance further.

Joe
Joe

Love it

Yes have before Thermomix 31 and update to TM5 can be without, never have any problems because I and my wife take care off machine yes it is expensive but worth spending money, help my allergies problems.TM5 used every day for last 4 years and the same T31 for 5 years.

Kate
KateAdelaide2 posts
Sumandiram
Sumandiram7 posts

Useless

Nothing wrong with the machine. It is very very expensive and 75% of your money goes as a marketing commission. This machine can't sell in the open market because of the price. Recipes are not tasty. You have to make your own recipes if you are a spicy guy. There are lots of cheaper options are available in the market rather than buying this expensive monster.

Bec
BecSydney, NSW5 posts

Love it

Got this as a wedding present, use it all the time. Had some issues originally as I wasn’t very careful with the scales in the feet. Customer service picked it up from the door and all fixed free of charge (for the first 2 year). I think if it’s properly looked after there shouldn’t be issues and as long as you’re open to learning to integrate it into your cooking you’ll come to rely on it!

Mel
Mel
  TM5

Terrible after market service - machine broken with little use

Thought I bought quality - wrong. My machine did not get used very much at all, the bowl pin broken away - apparently this Steele’s steel part is a consumable & they wanted slug me for the cost of a new bowl $180 after hardly any use. The service department very robotic reason & little care. Definitely don’t recommend!

our design
our design5 posts

I love my Thermomix

I use it to cook all my meal, I bought it as I wanted to cook food back to basics rather than buying pre made sauces and tinned tomatoes etc

I just purchased a cook key and I highly recommend it. I have established all my recipes favourites and have been able to add from English and USA Thermomix cookbooks

The only problem I have had it the rubber surround on my lid has broken off a small piece and I’m not sure if anyone else has had an issue

I have emailed Thermomix and hopefully they can help me

TDD
TDDCanberra4 posts

Appalling After Sales Service

Unfortunately Thermomix's after sales service is non-existent. I've been chasing them for over two weeks now to deactivate a Cook-Key so that I can start using it. They originally told me that it would take two days to complete.

This is despite several follow up calls and emails to their contact centre.

NikkiBikkie
NikkiBikkieMelbourne8 posts

Josie Y
Josie YMelbourne

Amazing

Love my thermomix.

Its a fantastic kitchen appliance that we use almost every day. The recipes it comes with are surprisingly really good. I made a cheese cake the other day that would have to be in the top 10, very impressed with myself.

I was concerned about the cleaning however I found that the self cleaning function works a treat.

Would defiantly recommend to anyone!

tamaras.health.hq
tamaras.health.hq3 posts

A fabulous appliance

A fabulous appliance that makes meal times a whole lot easier.

Hundreds and thousands of recipes are available through Cookidoo, allowing me to be experimental, creative and make good choices at the push of a button, it takes all of the hard work and mess out of cooking. (no more standing over a stove stirring)

As a nutritionist being able to control ingredients is paramount and should be every families priority.

Andy
AndyGold Coast2 posts

Awesome product

I can’t belive how many things this machine can do and do well. We use it everyday, from steaming Vegas, cooking stroganoff or making pizza dough. Even the prep jobs like dicing onion or chopping up garlic.

We even mill our own flaxseeds make our own curry pastes. We love our thermi.

Josh
JoshPerth, WA10 posts

Great unit

Fantastic machine that simplifies our cooking life. We have used this unit almost every night since purchasing. For those who don’t have much time to cook or prefer simplified recipe cooking, this will be the answer to your prayers. After reviously owning the sister model, we had to upgrade when this became available

• 2