9Thermomix

Thermomix Questions & Answers

John Port · Thermomix TM5

Hi, I have a TM5 which is not heating at all. I have made sure the time has been set so it's not that. If I put in hot water the sense will show the temp however when I set the temp to a hight setting it doesn’t heat up. Any help will be appreciated.

Thermomix   DM

Hi John, we are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your TM5 heating. It may be a simple issue you can resolve through troubleshooting your TM5. You will find some information on how to do this here - external link .

Should you still be experiencing issues, please fill out this form and one of our service team will be in touch to assist. external link

John Port

Hi, thank you for the reply. I've checked the FAQs. I don't have an extra jug to check whether it's the jug or machine. My TM5 is out of warranty and the external link takes me to an online service that will cost $169. Are there any other tests I can do before resorting to the online service?

Thermomix   DM

Hi John, we suggest giving our team a call so they can guide you through any other tests. Our customer service lines are AU - 1800 004 838, NZ - 0800 766 966. Alternatively, if you would like to forward your contact details to marketing@thermomix.com.au, we can have one of our team reach out.

Jules
Jules · Thermomix TM5

I have a Cook Key for my TM 5
I want to know that if I stop paying the subscription can I still access what is on it
I have found that it is an expensive gimmick

Thermomix   DM

Hi Jules, thanks for your question. The Cook Key enables you to access the recipes on our Cookidoo® recipe platform. If you cancel your subscription, all the Cookidoo® recipes in your personal library, Recipe lists, and marked recipes are going to stay on your Thermomix® Device and be usable for precisely 50 times. After that, you have to renew your subscription to be able to use those recipes once again. We hope this helps to answer your question.

Jen
Jen · Thermomix

My recipe index is not in alphabetical order after one of the updates some time ago, I have been ignoring it but it's frustrating. Does anyone know if it can be fixed please

Thermomix   DM

Hi Jen, thanks for the question. So that our team can properly assist you, it will be best for you to contact us on AU - 1800 004 838, NZ - 0800 766 966.

Anna B.
Anna B. · Thermomix TM5

What is the difference between the TM5 and TM6 when you use a cook key besides the TM6 having a bigger screen?

Thermomix   DM

Hi Anna, this is a great question! As you've mentioned, the TM6 has a significantly bigger, brighter and clearer screen and the scales are also more accurate to 1g vs 5g on the TM5. Another major difference is the integration of Wifi and Cookidoo on the TM6 whereas, you need a Cook-Key for the TM5. The TM6 also allows you too cook at high temperatures of 160°C during guided cooking vs 120°C on the TM5.

We're also always updating additional functions on the TM6 and you can find all the modes available on our website here external link . We hope this helps.

elainel
elainel · Thermomix TM5

Does anyone have an idea how long a TM5 should last? Mine is 9 or 10 years old and has started malfunctioning. I don’t want to pay for a service if it’s likely I’ll just need to replace it.

Rori
Rori · TM6

Does the Thermomix TM6 have an aux port?

Thermomix   DM

Hi Rori, no it does not.

Andrew E.
Andrew E.

No, it doesn't

Helen
Helen · Thermomix TM31

I would love to do a refresh course on my T31 please. Just to run me through a few other things apart from what I normally do. Love my T31 to bits and wouldn't be without it. Suits me for the level of use I have it for. -Helen of Nhill, Vic

Thermomix   DM

Hi Helen, it's great to hear you are loving your Thermomix. We don't have any courses available as the current model we have available is the TM6. However, there is a wealth of content that might assist you on our YouTube channel. If you are connected with a Consultant, they are also great to talk to as they may be able to assist. If you are not connected and would like to be, please fill out this form and someone will be in touch. external link

shanexu3
shanexu3 · TM6

Can anyone advise me more about the safety issues with the Thermomix TM6 measuring cup? Apparently when cooking at or above 95°C/200°F with the TM6 measuring cup in place, some ingredients may float to the top of the mixing bowl and prevent steam from escaping through the hole in the lid. This can cause an increase of pressure in the mixing bowl and may lead to a sudden and uncontrolled spillage of hot liquid or food. This could lead to scalding or burns to the user or bystanders.

Will thermomix redesign and replace the measuring cups with the design flaw or are customers just going to be told not to use them whilst cooking above 95°C/200°F?

N.T.N
N.T.N

Best to just call customer service to verify

Thermomix   DM

Hi Shane, thanks for your question, The issue is solved when using the simmering basket with recipes that require a temperature of 95°C (200°F) or above. This is a simple but necessary measure that will hardly affect the cooking experience – but can prevent this potential problem from occurring. Please visit our website for more information external link

Sands
Sands

when there was a safety issue with the tm31 thermomix sent out new seals to rectify , now they say to use the simmer basket , but they are still selling the measure cups , even for the tm5 , why not just send out tm5 measure cups there was no problem with those , but you cant buy them any more WHY

Rob B. · Thermomix TM31

My TM31 motor is surging up and down even when nothing in bowl. Does this mean the motor is burnt out.

Thermomix   DM

Hi Rob, we are sorry to hear you are having some issues with your TM31. If you could please fill out this form and one of our team will be in touch. external link

John
John

I've bought an aftermarket faceplate from a German company on eBay for $70 and by following a you tube video in French was able to install it myself successfully. It has totally solved the fluctuating speed issue and associated error message after removing the bowl. Also I now have new operating buttons. Highly recommend doing it yourself.

Rob B.

Could you please send me website info. Thanks

Merilyn
Merilyn · Thermomix TM31

Does the TM31 havea slide board to purchase?

Thermomix   DM

Hi Merilyn, thanks for your question. Sadly, we don't have glider boards to suit the TM31. Our gliders boards will suit the models TM5 and TM6.

Merilyn
Merilyn · Thermomix TM31

Does the TM31 have Slide Board?

Karmarahni
Karmarahni · Thermomix TM31

I am having trouble locking my lid of my old tm31. The bowl isn’t dented and wondering if it’s the roller or whatever it is in that groove not moving to click it on lock. It’s not overly used (yes I’m naughty) just for mash and cocktails

Thermomix   DM

Hi Karmarahni, we are sorry to hear you are having issues with your TM31. We'd love to connect you with one of our service specialists, please give us a call on 1800 004 838 or online via this link external link

Bonnie
Bonnie · Thermomix TM31

I have had ongoing problems with my T31 - so much so that I am thinking of tossing it out. This model had the issue with hot liquids spraying out of the lid and so a new lid seal was provided. HOWEVER ever since this seal has been in place the machine has frequently not worked :"OPE.n" is displayed. The machine has been posted down to Melbourne to be fixed twice and still does not work consistently. I have been told to 'carefully' open and close (!) which I do ... very carefully but some force is required to push the lid into position because the new ring seal is too stiff.

Has anyone else had this issue?

MCKing
MCKing · Thermomix TM31

Was the original model ( TM31 ) ever sold with a lifetime warranty? Has that changed over the years? Hubby bought me one in 2012. Worked a treat used it one night to make a curry and then next morning went to turn it on and it just made a click sound and wouldn’t turn on. Now it won’t turn on.
I could have sworn it had a lifetime warranty?

Thermomix   DM

Hi MCKing, thanks for reaching out. Your TM31 had a 24 month warranty from the day of purchase. We can help with service to help, please give us a call on 1800 004 838 or message us online via this link external link .

Maddie G.
Maddie G.

When we brought our TM31 in 2012 we were told it had a lifetime guarantee too.

Aussie · Thermomix TM31

Can this thermomix, TM31 mill whole grain wheat?

Aussie

Does the TM31 thermomix mill whole wheat grains. Do I need another attachment.

Diane
Diane

I primarily bought my TM31 to make fresh rice flour.
Yes, it does a great job!
So I assume it would do the same for wheat.
And I make my own almond meal as well.

Thermomix   DM

Hi There, yes, all Thermomix models can mill grains without the need for another attachment.

Sidney A. · Thermomix

Hi! I’ve just gotten my first ever thermomix (TM6) and I am so excited. I currently live with housemates and we don’t have enough room to keep the thermomix on the bench 24/7. I am hoping to move the machine into another room to store when I’m not using it. I was wondering what the best way to go about this is? Should I look into getting a specific board? I know from research that I shouldn’t use a wooden board as the scales are very delicate.
After any advice!! Thanks :)

Congratulations Sidney!
Don’t be afraid of your Thermomix!
The scales are the feet, so just don’t drag it on any service and keep the feet clean.
You can lift it and place it anywhere and it will be fine, even when it’s cooking at low speed.
For storage when it is not being used, the surface is not really an issue, provided there is no risk of it falling.

What you have heard about boards, is because if when operating your Thermomix, the board starts to move, you could end up with your Thermomix on the floor!

Using a board that is not secured can also cause wobble when operating and particularly with reading the scales.

I hope that helps answer your question?

Get on Cookidoo and try everything!
(Remember you can tweak recipes to add or bypass ingredients to your liking)

Happy and healthy cooking to you!

Amazing!! Thank you so much

Theresa A.
Theresa A. · Thermomix TM5

I am reading the reviews and noted that TM only reply to the good reviews? This is a worry for me should I ever need to have my TM5 serviced...

Look after your customer

I’ve been looking at reviews for many products recently, as we are moving interstate and will need a few items.
What I’ve noticed in reading reviews for all products, it doesn’t matter what the response by a company is to a complaint, that customer is very rarely satisfied with the answer and continues to ‘bag’ the company. Perhaps its better to let disgruntled customers have their say and leave it at that.

I didn’t realise Thermomix had a review page, never even thought to look.
If I ever had a question, I went straight to my consultant and they took care of it for me.
If you need a service, just ring the head office, choose the option on the phone to say you are a customer and they will trouble shoot over the phone with you.
If the problem can’t be resolved over the phone, they will organise for your Thermomix to be sent to the nearest service centre. From my experience, they have been a very supportive company with after sales service, unlike some serious issues I’ve had with two other big name companies!!!

Sewfixit
Sewfixit · Thermomix TM31

How can I tell how old any individual TM31 machine is?

Tracy F.
Tracy F.

At a guess you could call the thermomix call centre give them the details, serial number or equivalent and they could tell you

Barb Petersen
Barb Petersen · Thermomix TM5

When baking I’m always confused about when to change from blades to whisk. For example, creaming butter and sugar? Which to use please

Sara
Sara · Thermomix

Hi
My TM31 is not cooking. If I put in hot water, it senses the heat & temp colour sensor is activated. But I cannot cook in it as it doesn’t heat up at all. How much to service this fault. Thank you from Melbourne.

Thermomix   DM

Hi Sara, if you head to this page, select TM31 and scroll halfway down the page to 'My Thermomix is not heating' there's a test you can do to check the heating function.There's also a link to a form to complete to contact our service team. external link

Get an answer from our members and Thermomix representatives

Select a listing for your question