9Thermomix

Thermomix Questions & Answers (page 2)

Margaret N.
Margaret N. · Thermomix TM31

Just want to know if I can use m31 as a slow cooker

Thermomix   DM

Hi Margaret, although you can create similar "slow cooked' dishes with melt in your mouth results you're not able to use the TM31 like a slow cooker as the max timer is 60 minutes so the Thermomix will stop cooking after this, and you'd need to reset the timer.

Honest Truth · TM6

My question is why oh why has someone only just got back to me when I post my review 1 year ago. This just emphasises how disgraceful their customer service is and that they really don't care once you've paid over the cash.

Thermomix   DM

Hi there, Product Review is an independent website which we've just been granted access to and so we're now going through and making sure we have responded to every review. If you have a query the best way to get in touch is through our website or Facebook page and we have people responding there daily. thermomix.com.au

Honest Truth

That's my whole point, I did that and got nothing. Thermomix don't care about their customers one bit. If you have a complaint then suck it up is their attitude, you ain't getting nothing out of us, so go away. I did go away and sold my machine which was falsely advertised as a slow cooker. Total disappointment and rip off.

Em M.
Em M. · TM6

I’d love to hear about someone that has used it and lost weight? Do they have a good selection of healthy meals to cater for this?

crap cookidoo
crap cookidoo

Weight loss is linked to a calorie deficit - not the Thermomix. So I guess my answer is “it depends on how you use it” …… google James Smith PT and save yourself a few thousand $$.

Thermomix   DM

Hi Em, you should check out Skinnymixers who runs a blog about just this! All of the recipes on our Cookidoo site contain nutritional information to help you make an informed choice.

JoM
JoM · Thermomix TM31

My tm 31 digital number display isn't correctly showing the numbers. All the "0"'s look like an 8 so when you weigh something that's 200g it's hard to tell if it's 2 or 300g. Can the display be replaced/fixed? Thanks

Thermomix   DM

Hi JoM, if you fill out the form at this link we can assist with that: external link

Adi D.
Adi D. · Thermomix TM31

Hi we have a T31 and when we use it to blend anything the Bowl gets hot. After blending some walnuts for just 30sec I removed it to get the walnuts out and when I put my hand on the bottom of the bowl it felt hot, I then placed the bowl back on the base and it showed me it was 50 degrees and I had only blended for 30sec maybe even less. My wife said she had this issue with the same model T31 and she wants to make smoothies in it but if it heats up then the smoothies will get hot. Do you know anything about this issues

Thermomix   DM

Hi Adi D, if you fill out the form at this link we can assist with that: external link

Tomtess1
Tomtess1 · Thermomix TM31

I am finding a black fine grit under my bowl. Mainly using thermi for fruit smoothies at the moment, very little heavy duty work. I have taken it apart and given the parts a good scrub but with no changes. Any suggestions

Thermomix   DM

Hi Tommtess1, if you fill out the form at this link we can assist with that: external link

Josephine Eichner
Josephine Eichner · Thermomix

What type of bowl to use to pre weigh milk?

Thermomix   DM

Hi Josephine, you can place any small jug or bowl on top of the Thermomix, then tare your scales to pre-weight milk for recipes.

Trish Gibson
Trish Gibson · Thermomix TM31

Some buttons on my TM31 have perished, and my numbers are wearing off. Is it possible to get this fixed? I also need a new butterfly and a new spatula.
I have a travel bag, where is the best place to send it? I am in Armidale, NSW
Trish Gibson

Leon A.
Leon A.

I had send to TM Service (call them first) . Very expensive.... -but very nice was serviced/like renewed :)

Tess
Tess · Thermomix TM5

Has anyone bought a third party blades set? (they are stainless steel on the shaft) and had it for a long time. Am I potentially going to cause motor damage because the spindle will never fail like the original.

Lynn Forsythe

I would only buy Thermo products - otherwise your warranty can be voided with different faults

Thermomix   DM

Hi Tess, only genuine Thermomix parts should be used with the Thermomix. You can find these at external link

MazzyNZ
MazzyNZ · TM6

I'm interested to hear from TM6 owners who follow a keto way of eating. Is it worth the money or am I just better off sticking to my food processor, instant pot and pans?

Mat Steel
Mat Steel

I use the TM6 and follow keto you may want to look on Face Book a group called Have Butter Will Travel and Aussie Low Carb Community they do a lot of keto Thermomix recipes Au based have live group meets Thursday evenings, just a thought!

Thermomix   DM

Hi MazzyNZ, there are tons of keto recipes available and we even have a Low Carb cookbook

Kylie C
Kylie C · Thermomix TM5

Tm5 is stopping with load beeping and message says blades obstructed and motor overheating - This is happening with just water in the bowl. Any ideas?

Lynn Forsythe

Sorry I don’t know the answer but don’t use it until you give them a call - don’t want to burn out the motor. Have you pulled the bowl apart to check nothing is caught under the blades?

Thermomix   DM

Hi there, if you have a service query for your Thermomix you can find out more at the below link, or get in touch with our customer service team. external link

Michele B.
Michele B. · Thermomix TM5

What would the cost be to replace the power board if it got wet?

Kate S.
Kate S.

Hi Michelle I am not sure but you will need to deposit in an account I think about $135 before they will email you acceptance and posting details at your own cost. Them once they receive your Thermomix I guess they will let you know.

Lillian L.
Lillian L. · Thermomix TM31

my lid is hard to lock in place and almost impossible to take off. I have changed the seals but problem persists.

Kevin Sim
Kevin Sim

Same as mine
Did you ever get a solution

Thermomix   DM

Hu Lillian, if you've replaced the seal it can take a little while for the new seal to wear in. Regular use and washing will speed this us. You can also try placing a light spray of oil along the seal to assist.

Carmel Muggeridge
Carmel Muggeridge · TM6

From web comments, few answers to questions.... poor service. Also does this unit so only one thing at a time. Eg if I want to make soups and cakes at same time must I finish one before other can be commenced.

sueooiwl
sueooiwl

yes one recipe at a time

Joel
Joel

no, you can continue multiple recipes. Simply stop at the point of your previous recipe, commence your new recipe, then select the old one you were using and hit "Continue" as opposed to "restart", and you'll be able to commence where you left off.

Thermomix   DM

Hi Carmel, Hi there, Product Review is an independent website which we've just been granted access to and so we're now going through and making sure we have responded to every review and query. If you have a query the best way to get in touch is through our website or Facebook page and we have people responding there daily. In regards to your question, there's only one thing cooking in the bowl, but you can swap between recipes quite easily and it will save your place. Two bowls also means you can swap between recipes very easily. e.g. if you had dough proving for bread in one bowl, you can swap bowls and make your soup. Layered cooking using the steaming attachment also means you can have a few things on the go at once. The best way to find out more is to get in contact with a Consultant. We run online sessions so you can even do this from the comfort of your couch.

Sabine C
Sabine C · Thermomix TM31

The machine is making a beeping noise.
Only the rotary blade seems to be working,
The scales, varoma, timer are not working.
Does the machine need to be serviced? Or is there something I can do at home.

Thermomix   DM

Hi there, if you have a service query for your TM31 you can find out more at the below link, or get in touch with our customer service team. external link

lorraine
lorraine · Thermomix TM31

My heat setting no working can it be fixed?

Alojzy B.
Alojzy B.

Su Tho · Thermomix TM31

Where do I buy a replacement for the +/- rubber buttons?

Trina W.
Trina W.

Did you get a response for your question.

nope!!

ecost
ecost

How did you resolve this problem Su? My + button has just failed. Thank you

Su Tho

i haven't! but there is a person in Perth who can replace the entire faceplate for about 200 AUD- i read this on Gumtree from memory.!
awfully sad that Thermomix dont help us!!

Kat · Thermomix TM5

My thermomix keeps tripping the fuses in my house every time I hit the speed button. All other functions work fine. Any ideas?

Thermomix   DM

Hi Kat, please visit this website for troubleshooting and if needed to contact our team external link

Brenton H.
Brenton H.

Hi Thermomix, that does not give an answer - it only give tripping on turning it on. Ours trips when the speed button is activated also

Thermomix   DM

Hi Brenton, we are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your Thermomix. If you could send through your details to marketing@thermomix.com.au and we can have one of our team reach out to assist.

Ben
Ben

Mine is doing this also. I have check the pins on the bowl and they are all there.

Kat

Ended up costing me €180 (I live in Ireland) to get it fixed (by independent appliance people). They told me liquid had got into the motor. They cleaned it all out and now it’s as good as new.

Karen D.
Karen D. · Thermomix TM31

Hi,
The blades on my TM31 won’t turn at speed when there is food in the bowl, but will turn fine when the bowl is empty?

ReBeccA
ReBeccA

Karen, maybe check to see the food in the bowl is not too chunky and that you can move the blade manually to make sure it's not stuck. May help.

Rossbo
Rossbo · Thermomix TM31

Does anyone have a solution for a stuck button - the dough button is stuck in, it means that most of the buttons including the scales will not work. The unit will turn on and mix at any speed but obviously the functionality is considerably reduced.

Thermomix   DM

Get an answer from our members and Thermomix representatives

Select a listing for your question