9Thermomix

Thermomix Questions & Answers (page 4)

Biks · Thermomix

Maybe asking in the wrong spot. But my question is about the Cookidoo subscription. If i don't renew my subscription would I lose my recipes? I am trying to find an answer and the lady who sold me my machine doesn't know.

Thermomix   DM

Hi Biks, you'll keep access to The Basic Cookbook which came with your Thermomix but if you choose not to renew your subscription you'll lose access to the recipes on Cookidoo.

annejmobigpondnetau
annejmobigpondnetau · Thermomix

Where to find serial number of my tm5

Biks

I think its on the bottom.

Thermomix   DM

Hi, you'll find this in the bottom of the Thermomix.

Rosalie Taylor
Rosalie Taylor · Thermomix TM31

Can I replace the power cord to my TM31 as it looks like some heat has melted it

mad_DOG_miller
mad_DOG_miller · Thermomix

how much is it

The New one is 2269

Kate T.
Kate T. · Thermomix TM31

I was going to make the white sauce tonight but my machine was jumping around everywhere when it was at speed 4. Does anyone know what this problem might be caused by?

Malissa B.

Hi Kate, maybe make sure it is sitting securely on a flat surface. Mine does this sometimes depending on what it is I'm trying to make so when I have big/bulky things it's trying to move around this normally happens to me.(normally a higher speed though.is it due for a service?

Thermomix   DM

Hi Kate, this can occur if your butter was cut into too large chunks and had not melted thoroughly before you increased the speed. You can easily solve this by either cutting the butter smaller, or increasing the melting time.

ETang
ETang · Thermomix

Where do I check for my TM5 serial number?

Malissa B.

I have mine written in my original book, otherwise you can go to Menu/settings/about thermomix. All your codes are in there :)

Jean S.
Jean S. · Thermomix TM5

Can you use other people's recipes chips in your own machine?

Hi Jean, you sure can!

LandOfSheep
LandOfSheep · Thermomix

I want to buy a thermomix but don’t want a demo or a consultant to come set it up with me I have used one before

Where do you live?

SandyJoy

It wasn't for me to answer I asked the Land of Sheep where they live as I can give them a contact for the Thermomix.
If they ring [Name and Number Removed] she can help them.

Thermomix   DM

Hi there, Thermomix can be purchased through a Consultant but you don't need to have a Cooking Experience to purchase one. We also run online sessions now so you can get the same information and service from a Cooking Experience but from the comfort of your own home.

CrC
CrC · Thermomix TM31

Is it easy to replace the motor without affecting the functionality of the screen. I was a qualified electrician but not too hot with anything that needs to be resolved- programmed. Thanks

dsnovell
dsnovell · Thermomix

What makes Thermomix better than a Magimic Cook Expert or any of the other brands like the Kitchen aid eqivalent?

Cinnamon B.
Cinnamon B. · Thermomix TM31

Hello - does anyone know how I can remove the front clear plastic face/ cover on the control panel? I want to clean under it? TIA

Reg & Alice J. · Thermomix TM31

When I use my machine to cook, it sticks

Sue27
Sue27

Does the food stick or do the blades stick. If it’s the blades they may be bent. If the food sticks it may be that temp is too high or you are cooking the food too long.

Reg & Alice J.

The food sticks to the bottom of the bowl and starts to burn. This is for risotto, and mashed potatoes etc.

Anonymous
Anonymous · Thermomix TM31

Hi there, my TM 31 won't heat up at all... just made bechamel sauce, and it ended up a curdled mess of cold mush in the bottom of the bowl. The bowl wasn't hot at all. Any clues of what's happening? Thanks

JAC
JAC

I had the same issue. All functions were working except heat. I have a 2nd jug so knew it wasn't jug issue because it happened on both. I had to get a new motherboard.. Unfortunately TM service department is terrible it took 2 attempts and many phone calls and 2 months for it to be fixed.

Tracey L
Tracey L · Thermomix TM31

Hi I have the TM31 and the display panel lights up but no digits or anything coming on! Any suggestions ! TIA Tracey

Carolyn J
Carolyn J · Thermomix TM5

I have just traded my TM 31 for a TM5 and I have the Travel Bag for the TM31. Can I use this bag for my TM5?

Kareb

The TM31 bag is too small for the TM5. Sorry. If you want a travel bag you will need to invests in the new one that holds the bigger TM5.

Bella T
Bella T · Thermomix TM31

Hey. I have the TM 3 and my blades are not moving at all. I can hear the motor working but not the blades. Any advice please? Thanks

Kareb

It sounds like your blade has stripped. It’s designed to strip over time rather than damage the shaft going down to the motor. It’s an easy fix for a new blade as you can swap it yourself after you order a new one. $115 I think.

our design
our design · Thermomix TM5

Has anyone had an issue the the rubber surround on the lid breaking?

Sam
Sam · Thermomix TM5

I have lost my recipe chip for my tm5 thermomix where can I get a new one?

tamaras.health.hq

Hi, The chips are available for purchase, how ever you might want to consider the cook key. The chips are individual collections (basically an electronic version of a cook book) where as the cook key enables you to connect to cookidoo, accessing thousands of recipes and collections which are downloaded to your key (and of course the machine) it opens up a whole new world!

Several countries only allow purchases to be made via an advisor so if you have a contact, great use them, if not a Nutritionist on instagram 'tamaras.health.hq may have contacts.

Petasc · Thermomix TM31

Can I mill brown rice as per instructions in the everyday cook book without the temperature coming on. So 250 gm brown rice, 2 mins at speed 9, temperature rises to 50 before I finish, I’m wondering if the warm rice flour will not keep well.

Cheers

NikkiBikkie
NikkiBikkie

I have milled brown rice without heat and had no problems :)

tamaras.health.hq

Unless you actually turn the heat on you can mill with out the heat. If you are using the TM5 with a recipe via the chip or cook key then just swap to the manual settings to suit your requirements.

Petasc

I have TM31, seems the heat automatically starts, cant see where to turn it off/on.

Cheers

Marilyn
Marilyn

I found that sometimes, depending on how long I milled grains, the bowl would heat up as a result of the friction from milling. Maybe this is what is happening to you?

Karen McCoy

It's just natural heat caused by friction. When milling the food creates it's own heat

Milling creates heat

Bron
Bron · Thermomix TM31

I have a TM31 and scales keep setting back to 0 when I try and weigh something. Anyone else had this issue?

Get an answer from our members and Thermomix representatives

Select a listing for your question