Thermomix

Thermomix (page 2 of 34)

TM5, TM21 and TM31

See the Best All-In-One Kitchen Appliances in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Love it

Got this as a wedding present, use it all the time. Had some issues originally as I wasn’t very careful with the scales in the feet. Customer service picked it up from the door and all fixed free of charge (for the first 2 year). I think if it’s properly looked after there shouldn’t be issues and as long as you’re open to learning to integrate it into your cooking you’ll come to rely on it!

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Great fast food maker - essential kitchen device for a modern family

The TM31 in coming up for its 10th birthday and has been lugged thousands of kilometres for a few years in a van. For a kitchen appliance used many times a day over 10 years this is exceptional.
Apart from one service to recalibrate the scales and a blade set and the consumerable lid seals this is a go to machine in the kitchen.
It makes meals faster than takeaway delivery at a fraction of the price.

Would buy again.

Date PurchasedDec 2008

Terrible after market service - machine broken with little use

Thought I bought quality - wrong. My machine did not get used very much at all, the bowl pin broken away - apparently this Steele’s steel part is a consumable & they wanted slug me for the cost of a new bowl $180 after hardly any use. The service department very robotic reason & little care. Definitely don’t recommend!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

I love my Thermomix

I use it to cook all my meal, I bought it as I wanted to cook food back to basics rather than buying pre made sauces and tinned tomatoes etc
I just purchased a cook key and I highly recommend it. I have established all my recipes favourites and have been able to add from English and USA Thermomix cookbooks
The only problem I have had it the rubber surround on my lid has broken off a small piece and I’m not sure if anyone else has had an issue
I have emailed Thermomix and hopefully they can help me

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Appalling After Sales Service

Unfortunately Thermomix's after sales service is non-existent. I've been chasing them for over two weeks now to deactivate a Cook-Key so that I can start using it. They originally told me that it would take two days to complete.
This is despite several follow up calls and emails to their contact centre.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

It’s a great machine!

Overall it’s been great, so many delicious meals and treats have been made and so many more to try!
It is incredibly expensive and I still struggle to justify the price, but having said that is is great, I’ve never used anything like it! It does save some time, probably not as much as I’d like but my previous cooking was lots of premade jars etc, thermomix recipes don’t have all the additives and junk so it’s much better for my family.
If I could sum it up, it’s most of my appliances all rolled into one, a top notch blender that heats and stirs and kneads and so much more that I haven’t discovered yet!
I’d strongly recommend a cooking class that thermomix run, I fumbled through my first few recipes, found my feet and was off running! If you can get it at a discounted price, the cook-key is a great addition, it’s basically a digital cook book that tells you step by step how to cook the recipes from online, it’s fool proof!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Amazing

Love my thermomix.
Its a fantastic kitchen appliance that we use almost every day. The recipes it comes with are surprisingly really good. I made a cheese cake the other day that would have to be in the top 10, very impressed with myself.
I was concerned about the cleaning however I found that the self cleaning function works a treat.
Would defiantly recommend to anyone!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

A fabulous appliance

A fabulous appliance that makes meal times a whole lot easier.
Hundreds and thousands of recipes are available through Cookidoo, allowing me to be experimental, creative and make good choices at the push of a button, it takes all of the hard work and mess out of cooking. (no more standing over a stove stirring)
As a nutritionist being able to control ingredients is paramount and should be every families priority.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Awesome product.

I can’t belive how many things this machine can do and do well. We use it everyday, from steaming Vegas, cooking stroganoff or making pizza dough. Even the prep jobs like dicing onion or chopping up garlic.
We even mill our own flaxseeds make our own curry pastes. We love our thermi.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Great unit

Fantastic machine that simplifies our cooking life. We have used this unit almost every night since purchasing. For those who don’t have much time to cook or prefer simplified recipe cooking, this will be the answer to your prayers. After reviously owning the sister model, we had to upgrade when this became available

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Great machine

Great machine that can do almost anything. I know price point can be a sticking point to purchasing a thermomix, however it’s prefect for a small kitchen where counter space and storage is short. It’s means you don’t need to own 5 different appliances. If you have food sensitivities or are looking at additive and preservative free diet this machine is a god send especially if you don’t live in a major centre and have issues with access to alternative foods. The automated recipes make it so easy to use if you not a cook.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Recipes not tested.

I have the TM5 Basic Cookbook. I don’t believe theses recipes have been tested before they have been printed. This is very unprofessional considering how much Thermomix charge for their product. I made the choc chip cookies, terrible, runny mixture, so thin breaky biscuits.
I made soft butter rolls, not soft at all. My dog liked them. The mixture was dry and the rolls are a scone texture, a terrible scone, and they are heavy.
Thermomix needs to lift its game.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Finally bought one and love it

I have wanted a thermomix for so long but the large price tag continually put me off purchasing. I was recently invited to a thermomix party demonstration and purchased one on the day. They are far better than I ever anticipated and very easy to use. You don’t have to study a manual as you get in home tutorials.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Waste of money

It works as expected, but the portion sizes are way too small. A full bowl barely feeds 2 adults and 2 children. The Cookidoo website doesn't have many recipes and I won't bother paying for the yearly subscription once it runs out as its just not worth it. Nearly all of the recipes are for very small servings also. The Varoma cooking is uneven and fiddly and pointless. It'd be easier to steam something on the stove. I think the people who say they are happy about these machines are just trying to kid themselves out of guilt of wasting so much money on it.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Love It

I purchased my TM5 in March and have never looked back-yes they are on the expensive side but it takes me so much time and very little fuss. To be able to prepare meals in the one pot is fantastic. There is also an interest free option which is great for those who cant fork out over $2000 .

Date PurchasedMar 2018

I love my Thermomix! Only wish I could Use it More often!

I've had it for a few years now and I just love how well it is built and how quick and easy it is to whip up whatever your heart desires. I really look forward to using it to its full potential when I have kids and a family of my own. Also great for doing food for parties. My favourite all time use is making butter YUMMY! I'm never buying butter from store again. This tastes divine and cost less that store butter... it literally melts in your mouth.. store butter sticks to your mouth! Just awesome that you can also cook, set and step away... come back and it is all done! Great for people who don't have time to slave away in the kitchen. Hope I can make this machine last for another 20yrs!!

Date PurchasedMay 2013

Love my Thermomix!

Cooking made easy with the TM5!

I’m making things I would never have dreamed I would do. I love making things from scratch from vegetable stock to icing sugar!

Inspiration is easy with the recipe platforms.

The only issue I have is cleaning the arms. It is hard to get into them and clean as I am concerned they may break.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

LOVE IT!

I'm not a very experienced cook, but I love cooking.
But the reality is I finish work around 1630, got home rd 1730 and I have to feed my dog, prepare everything then cook. It would take me at least one to one and half hour to get two dishes done( including copping, cleaning, preparing and cooking)
Then me and my husband would finish all food in like 15 minutes. It is just not worth it.
The most amazing thing of the machine is it could clean all raw meats, sea food in a special mode (5min,50 degree, rotating speed 5) and then just rinse the meat,time saver!
Now, I use it to cook meat, sometimes steam seafood and the same time.(YES, you could cook two to three dishes at the same time) while I stir fry some veges. In 45 minutes, everything would be done. And how to clean the machine? PUT water in it, some lemon slices,or vinegar then the same mode but higher temperature when you clean you meat. All done ! Just that easy.
Besides that slightly expensive price, I would say, the time that it saves for me totally worth it!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Best Appliance

Love my TM5. Had it about 3 years. Use it every day. Mostly to blend , chop, puree. I make salads, smoothies, protein balls, desserts, drinks, and loads of other stuff. I don't cook much in it but it makes food production easy and fast. The only downside is that the spout on the mixing bowl is hard to pour drinks from. This downside wasn't big enough to drop it down a star though.

Date PurchasedOct 2014

Experienced cook- I love the Thermomix

I'm a pretty experienced cook, I've always loved cooking so I didn't think the Thermomix was for me but it has helped me do much more with ingredients. Being able to grind seeds as a substitute for nuts and making your own flours is amazing and saves so much money. I use it for kneading bread which now takes no effort so I make it more often. Its much easier to make things from scratch which means you can control the fats and sugars that go into your food. I've had both the TM31 and the TM5.

Date PurchasedAug 2014