9Thermomix

3.8

65% · 538223 · 27%

Winz4 posts

Customer service is terrible

The machine itself though overpriced does the job. However some vibrations cause severe vibrations that moves the machine across the table. Mine fell off the table because of this. Customer service was abysmal.
Tom K.
Tom K.2 posts
Kate
KatePerth, WA2 posts
  TM6

Cookidoo app that’s required is atrocious

The fact I have to change my country from Australia to English every time i go into cookidoo is atrocious!!! I paid $2500 for the machine and am forced to pay $49 per year for this app for my machine to work and update! The fact I can’t change my preferences so I can get over 75% more recipes is atrocious!
I’ve loved my thermo, but this has totally turned me-I’m constantly having to search non Cookidoo recipes because they have been so greedy and made it so difficult!
For such an expensive piece of equipment, you’re scamming people with the app! I could buy a target or Aldi version with what your doing with your app!!
Brendan G.
Brendan G.

Pretty disappointed

Would love to know how many positive feedback people's know how to cook without a thermomix. We have just purchased to make life easier and heard people brag about it but so far very disappointed and prefer our own homemade cooking. Not to mention cleaning the bloody thing.
Thermomix   DM

Hi Brendan, apologies as we know this review is a few months old but if you're still not making the best use of your Thermomix we'd love to help. Please reach out to marketing@thermomix.com.au

Lynn Forsythe
Lynn ForsytheMetropolitan Adelaide, SA5 posts

Poor customer service

Don’t know about the the tm 6 machine as I have t got it yet - I love my tm5 - but the company sold the tm6 with full payment to over 6,000 people knowing they did not have the stock in the country. Instead of addressing this issue the company lied and blamed everyone else. I was initially given a 3 week delivery date - my order is now nearly 5 weeks old and today I was advised that the machines will be released from customs this week. The company then will need to process the orders and post them at the busiest time of the year. Apparently the release of the tm5 was managed in the same way. Reeks of corporate greed. I would expect a company to project how many units they might sell in an offer and know how many they have on hand
Joelle H.
Joelle H.

Overpriced grinder

Only useful thing it’s for is grinding oats and seeds. Bread is over kneaded and chewy. Cooking anything with meat is mostly terrible and using the varoma is a pain in the butt. If you have slow wifi forget it! Don’t bother with cookidoo I barely use it for the lack of useful recipes. Wasted my money, I feel like a fool.
Ckerr
CkerrWallan83 posts

So amazed

I am amazed at the Thermomix (TM5). I am NOT a cook and now I can make beautiful full course meals so easily. Every single recipe I've tried has been fantastic. I understand now why people have been raving about them.

Easy to use.
Easy to clean.
Amazing. Show reply

Michael
Michael4 posts

Avoid like the plague

Dont buy it the worst customer service if anything goes wrong. You cant personally drop it back to service centre they have changed their policies now due to COVID and you have to do it all via Australia post. They make it absolutely impossible to get it fixed avoid this company like the plague.
Sue
SueRichmond-Tweed, NSW2 posts
  TM31

Uninspired

The disadvantages are many. It is noisy and often shudders when in use.I had to send it for repairs and this was difficult and very expensive. When it was returned, the lid was so tight, that 6 months later, my husband has to move it to the correct setting as I am not strong enough. I am very disappointed that such an expensive product cannot be used as intended. The repairs cost the same as many new appliances. I prefer my Breville Food Processor
Kate S.
Kate S.Perth, WA14 posts
  TM5

Hope it never needs a service

If your Thermomix breaks down, there is no service back up. What you will be asked to do is pay a fee whereby you will receive a mailing number, pack up your machine and drive it to the post office. If there is no need for parts your machine will be returned and you can pick up from post office. Complete lack of customer service. So hope you have the time to do all this for something you paid $2000 for. They just palm all the work onto the customers. Throwing mine in the bin. I am not here to do their job for them.
freomumsyPerth, WA13 posts

Service enquiry

I phoned thermomix Perth about getting some work done on my machine and wanted to drop it in. Seems that service has been discontinued and now i have to post it. Anyone else had that experience?
SGOODMAN
SGOODMANCentral Queensland, QLD11 posts

I use it everyday!

I think the TM6 is a big step-up from the TM5. So many new modes and the bigger screen! I love accessing Cookidoo straight off my machine rather than syncing up like I had to do with my TM5. It is expensive although Thermomix have a wide range of payments which is appreciated. Its definitely helped me gain confidence in the kitchen which I did not have before. I'm being adventurous and trying new recipes that are surprisingly easy with the Thermomix. I recommend 100% Show reply
Ange
AngeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts
Dee L.
Dee L.2 posts

Can’t live without it

Couldn’t live without it. I’m a mum of 3 & work more than full time and even using the TM to help me remove skins from garlic is a huge time saver let alone the other things it can do. It has received a lot of bad rep coz of the TM31 model but then again, I owned one of those and had no problems. Show reply
Jan
JanNorthern Region, NSW

Vey unsatisfied

I have had issues with the heating iv sent it in for a service, only to have the bowl returned badly pitted. The service was not great and I don't believe they are worth the money. EXTREMELY Unsatisfied with my purchase. And definitely would NOT recommend or buy another.
Nicholas W.
Nicholas W.

Cookiedoo

They put cookiedoo on direct debit and hope you forget... Don't be a fool like us... Don't subscribe in the first place and keep getting charged the ridiculous annual fee !!!

Audra C.
Audra C.

Not Happy. Terrible Service

I sent my TM5 back to have the Scales looked at as they had stopped working suddenly. I was told in an email that I had to pay $135 for the service fee. I had no choice but to pay, otherwise my machine wasnt going to be sent back to me. The work had already been completed. There is a fault in these machines, and we are all paying out money for something that isn't our fault!!!
Alina
Alina
  TM6

Not enough for the price

Was going to buy it. But after exploring the Cookidoo app left very disappointed. If you wanna cook a recipe from specific country it will be JUST in the language of that country!!! No option to change the language! How? Why? Not cool! For this price??? Not gonna buy until they wont work on their app!
ilovemydog
ilovemydogGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts
  Verified TM5
SGOODMAN
SGOODMANCentral Queensland, QLD11 posts

Makes life SO much easier

I was weary about buying a thermomix due to the price tag so I bought a secondhand TM5 still in warranty. Ever since I brought it home, it has been used every-day! WOW, does it make food prep/snacks easier. I bought a second bowl, blade set as i found i was always washing my 1 bowl. Much easier now that I have two!! Its easy to use once you get the hang but its all about trial and error. Cookidoo is amazing for recipes and so are the "Skinnymixers" recipe books (The Healthy Mix IV is our fav).
I would recommend to anyone! (I have 2 adults + 1 toddler in my family) Show reply
Anna M.
Anna M.2 posts

Numerous problems in first 2 months

I bought a tm6 only 2 months ago. It has already had to be sent to the service center after it stopped working (which was annoying enough having to get it to the post office and pay for box and bubble wrap to send it off)and I have just received it back to have a piece snap off on first use. Having spent over $2000 this is ridiculous. For the short period it was working, I loved using it.
Thermomix   DM

Hi Anna, thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We understand this is an old review, so we'd love to hear how your Thermomix experience is going now. Please let us know if we can be of assistance further.

Sezza8
Sezza8Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC9 posts
  TM6

In love, makes my life easyer

I own a TM5 and a TM6.
My children use the TM5 and love it. Its simple to read and guides kids through out the meal they are cooking.
I love the TM6 I find the big screen handy.
Cookidoo has so many meal options.
The Thermomix's are a big part of our house hold meals. From butter chicken to cupcakes and even a simple pasta sauce. Show reply
Jolene89
Jolene89AU6 posts

Use it every day

I first had my TM31 from 2011. Upgraded during their cash back offer in 2018 to the TM5. I am very, very happy. It is my go-to cooking appliance in my kitchen. Recommend this machine to everyone; especially busy families and those wanting to monitor the ingredients in the foods they consume. I have also been known to make body scrubs in here as Christmas gifts to teachers. Show reply
Sakura
ReBeccASouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Shaylee M.
Shaylee M.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Best machine

This machine is amazing cooks all recipes perfectly and has so many recipes. Little to no mess and easy to clean up. So easy to use. It an all in 1 machine. Show reply
Davie
DavieSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts
  TM6

Administration fee Rip off!

Purchasing our TM6.. I looked at the invoice and I couldn't believe a $50 administration fee!!! It's expensive enough that they charge you $50 for sending a couple of emails come on!! Buyer beware of hidden costs!!
Thermomix   DM

Hi Davie, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. The administration fee is to set up the Easy 3 payment plan which allows you to split up your payments over 3 months.

Aliciaking
AliciakingNorth Queensland, QLD5 posts
  TM6

Saved my love for cooking!

After our family grew with foster children and a child with high complex needs and cerebral palsy, my time was taken up and we found we ate more takeaway and I hated being in the kitchen. I had previously loved cooking and baking. We made the dive and got the TM6 and it has been a life saver! We are eating yummy healthy meals again and I have even made bread rolls and desserts I would never had made before. Show reply
Mandy12
Mandy12Perth, WA19 posts
spike0108
spike0108Sydney65 posts
  TM21

It’s so bloody noisy!

Love the Thermomix for what it can do. My partner wouldn’t live without it. Me, as the recipient of the finished baking really appreciate what a fine machine it is ..... BUT.... I have no idea how this passed noise standards. If you live in a open plan kitchen forget it. You’ll end up separating. Seriously it’s a real problem. I carry the machine outside to the verandah to let it do its thing because otherwise you cannot have a conversation or watch TV. Otherwise you are in earmuff territory
honestguest
honestguest10 posts

Love it!

Love my Thermomix. I’ve used it for two years now for countless recipes especially the basics: yoghurt, smoothies, dough, rice, pestos and mash. Not to mention desserts and regular meals. Show reply
al w.
al w.
Bree Ryan
Bree RyanCentral Queensland, QLD4 posts

Amazing product! Worth every cent

This product is fantastic. Its great for busy mums who have little kids. I can boil rice, steam veges, cook pasta all without having to stand around the stove - I just set it and forget about it. Obviously you can do alot more with it but sometimes its the simple things that are worth it! Show reply
Sam S
Sam S5 posts

Couldn’t cook without it

I was so sceptical of anyone trying to sell these. I thought it have all the appliances that do everything it can’ but wow, was my mind changed?! I use my thermomix EVERYDAY. I make all my own nut butters where others food processors would overheat and die. I use the thermomix to make a lot of raw foods. Absolutely adore it! Show reply
Danielle
DanielleWestern Australia5 posts

Handy

I’ve had this product over a year now and don’t Usenet it as much as I should. I basically mainly Use it to chop things. I found some
Things I prefer to
Pan cool as the taste is better but it’s great for rice dishes etc.
I also
Love making bread in it which I normally wouldn’t.

I don’t like
Cooking meat in it because it’s just steamed. It’s weird Show reply

CookieQueen