9Thermomix

65% · 538223 · 27%

Bec
BecSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

After service is appalling

These guys will take your money and then walk away. I have attempted to contact Thermomix 4 times to get my scales fixed as they are completely broken and have been for 18 months (a common issues with this particular model if you google online) and never hear back. I have been now left with no choice but to contact the Ombudsman for assistance. These guys are terrible with customer service and I would not recommend forking out the money for a machine because while it works it may be amazing but if it breaks - you will never hear back from them and you will be ghosted.
Steve
SteveHunter Region, NSW8 posts
pdjones
pdjonesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC32 posts
  TM31

Absolute piece of junk

My wife bought this in the mistaken belief it would do the cooking for her. She had cancer and wanted to eat healthy. I was in no position to say no. Anyway, she bought it and used it maybe a dozen or so times. It has had faults twice, fixed under warranty. Now it is faulty again and out of warranty. It is now useless. It keeps getting hotter with no control over the temperature. It is dangerous. I estimate the cost of the machine at one hundred dollars per meal. Save your money and go out to a nice restaurant instead.
Linda S
Linda SGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC7 posts
  TM6

Essential part of my kitchen

I love my TM6. I’ve made risotto, numerous saucy meals, meatballs, divine yoghurt, pasta, rice, cakes, cookies, smoothies, butter, lemon curd, caramelised onion, coleslaw and other salads, steamed veges and mashed potatoes and I feel I’ve barely scratched the surface in terms of what I can do with it. I have found that food cooks well and evenly and the results are very consistent. There’s no escaping that it’s very expensive but I feel I am getting my money’s worth. I enjoy cooking with it when before I was pretty uninspired in the kitchen. Show reply
Rob W
Kate. PMurrumbidgee Region, NSW4 posts
Emma__
Emma__Sydney, NSW

Breaks down

this product has broken down three times - as a customer you end up spending a lot of money on parts and mailing. I would recommend getting a cheaper product.
it's a good blender.
Thermomix   DM

Hi Emma, thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We understand this is an old review, so we'd love to hear how your Thermomix experience is going now. Please let us know if we can be of assistance further.

Lukasz
LukaszSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts
SMM-A-J-Peter
SMM-A-J-PeterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Does it’s job

I like it enough to use it everyday but I think it’s rather overhyped and it’s just a passing fad. If money permits I think it’s a good machine to have though.
Loulou
LoulouGippsland, VIC3 posts
  TM5

Good but not worth the price tag in my opinion

I do enjoy using my Thermomix, I do think it's great, but if I'm completely honest, I don't think they are worth the price tag. There are still plenty of things I prefer to cook stove top or in the oven, having said that, it has made cooking or preparing foods easier.
Albert E
Albert EHunter Region, NSW2 posts

Reliable and Easy

We have had our Thermomix now for over a year and it has been the best purchase we have made. It is so simple to use and we use it daily.
sherri
sherriGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC220 posts
Trish_M
Trish_MHighland Park, QLD15 posts

Absolute time saver

LOVE this machine. Makes food prep so much easier and far less messy. What used to take a whole weekend of bulk prepping for school lunches and fast dinners now takes a few hours. And also makes cooking meals we never would have tried to make at home so much easier. We’ve had it for over 12 months and are still learning new things it’s capable of. Winner! Show reply
dij123
dij123Great Southern, WA25 posts
  Verified TM5
Toochie000
Toochie000Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC27 posts

Can’t live without it

LOVE my thermomix! Makes life so much easier. Use it for so many things. The meals that come out of it are amazing! Haven’t had a bad meal yet.. the scales stopped working at one stage. They were promptly fixed by thermomix. Now would LOVE to get the tm6 :) would be good if they had a upgrade offer

Chinadoll
ChinadollGippsland, VIC5 posts

Love it

I purchased my TM5 18 months ago and love it. I set the timer and go off and do other things knowing if I get sidetracked it wont burn, boil over or otherwise spoil. Like all recipes you pick and choose the ones you like. The food is tasty and perfectly cooked and making dough has never been so easy. The TM6 is out now, and I hear it is even better!!
MsPink
MsPinkNorth-West & West coast, TAS21 posts
  TM5

Love ‘em or hate ‘em...I love ‘em!!

I’m continually amazed at the power of this product. I’ve had mine for about 2 years and it still surprises me.

I previously had a non-branded thermal cooker which was heavy and hard to clean and eventually stopped working after only a short time.

The possibilities are endless with the Thermomix. I can create a different cuisine every night.

It makes the smoothest purées and I love that it can spin the blades in reverse for cooking a casserole.

The only thing that annoys me a little is that sometimes it can be hard to scrape your mixture out if you’ve made say brownies or something with a thick sticky consistency.

Other than that, it’s like my sou chef!

KAHLUA
KAHLUAPerth, WA19 posts
  Verified TM6

TM 6 - Love it

I have had my new machine approximately one month now & I am loving it. With the Cookidoo built it and connecting via Wifi to my Internet, cooking is a breeze. I have had the TM 31 for 12 years - it has not missed a beat but thought I would upgrade to the new model. The recipes available on Cookidoo is phenomenal. Have the App on my phone, so that makes shopping a breeze for ingredients. So glad I have purchased the new model, I just love it. Show reply
kjadams75
kjadams75Sydney Surrounds, NSW2 posts

Awesome all round machine

I have the thermomix tm5, to say I love it is an understatement!
I use my thermomix almost daily and since owning it it has changed my family’s eating habits dramatically.
I no longer buy jar or packet food as my thermomix makes everything from scratch!
Perfect if you have allergies and need a specialised diet you can mil your own grains or rice flour, you can be as adventurous as you want and make things that you never thought possible!
The Tm5 weighs/stirs/blends/heats and so much more, it has a great 2ltr capacity and cooks enough food for my family of 8
The price is quite high, but it has paid for itself in no time at all and I would be lost with out it
Emmah_kate
Emmah_kateSouthwest, VIC8 posts
  TM5

The only appliance you'll ever need

Thermomix is amazing for chopping, puree..cooking and just general kitchen jobs!
So simply to use and cooks whilst you play with the kids come back and dinner is done!
Bowl does get quite hot whilst cooking but handle doesnt so easy to remove for the machine once cooking has finished.
Just amazing without the massive amount of effort and best of all minimal dishes!
Katho
KathoAU14 posts
  TM21

Love it

I upgraded to the TM21 and I love it. I use it pretty much everyday. It saves so much time cooking and does it all for you. I've been using a Thermomix since 2014 and could not imagine not having one. It has pretty much replaced my pots and pans.
Elidia
ElidiaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA19 posts
Speaking Up
Speaking Up

Being Bullied by a consultant

I believe the item is very good and sells it self, so therefore the consultant should not bully anyone to buy the product. I was told to ask my husband, told everyone has bills to pay, just put it on interest free, I was told that she was informed that I would buy and that a friend of mine would be so disappointed and the bullying kept on going to try and get me to buy. If this is the type of consultants this company wants to represent the product then they need to have a service for the customers for therapy Be careful out there in Adelaide of bully consultants selling this Thermomix.
Malissa B.
Malissa B.Perth, WA6 posts

Best thing ever

My thermomix has axtually reduced my meal prep time by soo much and has just made a busy night so much less stressful. Im actually enjoying cooking again. I have the cook key al;so however this function is not the easiest thing to use
Emily
EmilySouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts
  Thermomix

Absolute necessity in my life. Paid for itself many times over in savings

Amazing for cooking, salads, processing, milling, everything. Made my life so much easier. Love the flavour and creativity my themromix has added to our menu options. My only issue is that I want another one so I can get twice as much done in the short time I have each day to be in the kitchen.

Amelia
Amelia3 posts
  TM31

Couldn't live without it!

I have had my thermomix now for just over 3 years and still use it most days. As a busy working mum it saves me so much time with cooking basic items such as soups, bolognese sauce, mashed potato and white sauce. I can also hide lots of veggies in my sauces as it chops the vegetables up so small my kids can't see them! In my opinion it is worth every cent I paid for it. Highly recommend it.
Anne and Mick
Anne and Mick

Love it

Had mine for over a year and love it. I use it all the time and it has made my life easier. I even bought a second bowl for it
Karen Taylor
Karen TaylorMetropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

Awesomeness

Its the best kitchen item I have bought ever. Before buying this I hated cooking. Now I love it. Tells me what I need how cook and it's so easy to use.love it
R2R0
R2R0South East Queensland, QLD16 posts

Very worthwhile purchase

This machine has made my life easier. Easy to use with a huge collection of recipes, it has helped me save a lot of time preparing and monitoring food at dinner time. I love the set and forget aspect to it, leaves me more time to do other things around the house while I’m waiting for dinner to cook.
It’s expensive but worth the money if you use it regularly, I use mine almost every day, sometimes twice a day.
Easy to clean, no more stacks of washing up after each meal.
The only downside for me is the Varoma. I don’t like the plastic smell of the Varoma on the steamed food. Other than that it’s great.
Csavari
Csavari5 posts
  TM5

Easy to use, easy to clean

I bought my TM5 3 years ago and despite the hefty price, I have no regrets. Cooking is made easier with all the added features it has. I follow instructions carefully on its operation and so far, I had no accidents with it.
JEC
JECCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC
tweak31
tweak31AU5 posts
Dom20
Dom20Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC16 posts
  TM5

couldn't live without it!!

I use my thermy daily! Whether for preparation or full meals, it is a very handy appliance to have.
I spent a long time deciding whether to get one due to the price tag but am so glad I did. They have really good interest free promotions which I took up also.
Every week, I make hummus, butter, peanut butter as well as a wide range of condiments and have go to meals such as porridge, risotto, pizza, pancakes and butter chicken regularly
Sue27
Sue27Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC11 posts

My little Kitchen Helper

I purchased my first Thermomix TM 31, three years ago and then I updated to TM5 a year later. I now use both machines. I have been enjoying cooking for 60 years and wish that I had purchased a Thermomix when my children were young. Thermomix is a magician! It mills, chops, sautés, mixes, steams, cooks and blends with a flick of a button and in one bowl.We grow our own herbs and veggies so I can harvest fresh seasonal produce and make delicious, healthy meals with ease. Soup is a breeze in 20 mins, pesto in 15 mins. The food cooks evenly and always tastes great. My consultant has been amazing throughout the purchasing and training process. I recommend taking the time to get to know the machine, follow the safety instructions and enjoy.

Laura
LauraSydney, NSW17 posts

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. total game changer in the kitchen

Worth buying and learning how to use properly.

Not as hard to use as it seems, you get the hang of it pretty quickly.

The Thermomix can do so many things effortlessly, it replaces multiple other small appliances. Heat to exact temperatures, chop, blend, whisk and fold in seconds.

It makes 'hard' recipes like Marshmallow easy for even a beginner to make!

Very happy with my machine, very glad I purchased it.

If you have got a thermomix, I recommend checking out AlyceAlexandra.com - a fabulous blog full of tips, recipes and tricks with your thermomix.

Laura T
Laura TGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts
  Verified TM5

My fav kitchen appliance

I couldn't live without my thermomix. Before purchasing I've never made bread, curry or stock paste from scratch, and that's just to name a few.
Heats up perfectly and can hold the bowl by the handle when hot.
For me it's perfect for pureeing baby foods, kneading bread dough and steaming meats, as well as cake batters.
NP300 STX fan!
NP300 STX fan!North West, QLD9 posts

Would have two if I had the $$

Had for over 4 years now and almost perfect. Had issues with scale in early days but was repaired and returned to us within a week (remote area). Replaced blades as we wore them out! Absolutely cannot live without it. Pick your demonstrator carefully as I know at least one local one is awful
Skye
Skye4 posts
  TM5

Expensive but time saving and versatile

Love my Thermomix I use it daily for smoothies, baking mix, pasta, milling, gelato, cooking and steaming. It saves so much time, it is easy to use and great for non chefs. Just follow the instructions and you will have a dish in no time. Worth the time saved alone but also to eliminate multiple devices from my kitchen.

Liah
Liah

No assistance bad product

The machine doesn't work correctly, shows the food that warming up but it's fake DO NOT BUY IT for the money spent supposed to be an door to door assistance.......VERY DISAPPOINTED ....... Better to buy new cooking set and a few recipes books and for sure I will enjoy the food again

Thermomix   DM

Hi Liah, thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We understand this is an old review, so we'd love to hear how your Thermomix experience is going now. Please let us know if we can be of assistance further.