Thin Lizzy 6 in 1 Professional Powder

Thin Lizzy 6 in 1 Professional Powder

Dark and Light

Beware

I had been intrigued by this product for sometime, after all - who doesn't want a "one product does all". So when I saw a stall selling it at my local shopping centre, I picked up the bundle deal. The first time I used it, it did look nice - adding a warm sun-kissed glow to my face. I felt the odd tingle on my forehead and cheeks, but thought nothing of it. A few days later I used it again and broke out into angry dark red raised blemishes everywhere the powder had touched. My face, shoulders, chest and arms. It was a nightmare. Any heat - from the sun or cooking really aggravated the blemishes. I had to go to my doctor, who took one look at me and asked what I'd put on myself. The cream he prescribed took over two weeks to sort out the reaction, and in the meantime I had to cover my skin completely when outside - imagine wearing long sleeves in the height of a Brisbane summer, but I had no choice.

Through the shopping centre's management, I finally tracked down the vendor who had sold the Thin Lizzy. He was very displeased by my call and that I had been able to contact him. It took some persuading to have him refund my money, including a letter from my doctor. I didn't ask for a reimbursement of the medical costs, just return of the products (most of which were still in their original packaging), and to get my money back. Never again!

Was going to order

I saw an ad on TV and decided I wanted to call and inquire about the product, but their lines were full and the operator talked so fast I couldn't understand what he was saying. Then they finally called me back, and the lady that was speaking with me was not helpful at all, I told her I was calling as an inquiry and she immediately restated what was stated in the ad. Then she didn't give me a chance to ask any questions and immediately asked for my payment info. I told her I wanted to know more first and I had to sort the money part out and she got annoyed with me and then demanded that I answer her first about my payment info and I said no, and she hung up on me. Never have I ever been treated so rudely.

Don't buy thin lizzy

I bought thin lazy long ago under some kind of TV deal. The product was bad, I didn't like it but forgot to return it on time so they sent me another one which I did not want. When I called back to discuss my problem they were unfriendly and not interested. Please do not get sucked into this product.
Nothing
Expensive, and they had a bad warranty also unfriendly on the phone when you want to return it.

this is an expensive product and not good.

Absolutely Terrible!

I used this once & broke out in pimples all over my face, my shoulders & chest. I gave it a break for a few days & reused it same thing happened. Don't know what's in it but very bad for your skin! Would never ever buy this again!

Extremely dissapointed

I have seen the advert on television and decided to use it .
What a big big disappointment .
It crumbles in the compact .the eye crayon is difficult to remove from your eyes and the lip gloss is nasty and thick .
I think it is really expensive for what you get .
I paid full price for t from Big W .
No longer will i trust the adverts i will rely on review pages first .

Acne

Yes I agree, every time I used it I got acne and I'm 54. Also the product crumbles and you waste so much of it.

Disappointed :(

After being obsessed with this product for around 5 years and using it religiously I was dispointed when I got my newest batch of thin lizzy home . I am not sure if the formula has been change but it used to have an amazing bronze glow great coverage and would last for ever now the glow is gone and you have apply heaps to get a bronzed look and just isnt the same !soooooooo disappointed ... Will not be using thin Lizzy anymore :( and wouldn't recommend it ... Sorry Lizzy!
Was best bronzer on market
Bad new formula

Hi Kyprea We're sorry to hear you've had an issue with this one and we'll be happy to work with you to recetify this, can you please email us directly at thinlizzy@thinlizzytv.com and tell us what the batch number on the back of the compact this. when you email us directly please refence this review Kind Regards Rebekah

Been in my professional Make up kit for years now, wouldn't go to work without it!

I've been working in both film and television for over 20 years and first discovered thin lizzy on a film set three years ago. This product does exactly what it says it does, great value for money and out performs some of the expensive brands I've used in the same category. My colleagues and I are only interested in products that achieve results, price is not always a true indication of this.

This compact never fails to finish off the look and get a compliment. Less is more as with any make up.
I use the light colour on everyone and just apply it, very lightly, but you can build it up on darker skins.

I usually like to be constructive and positive on these sites but it looks to me that a few of you ladies need to either read the instructions or get a bit more of a clue with your make up application. If you apply it heavily all over your face of course it's going to look bad, any product would.
Great finishing powder for a healthy look, incredible value

I totally agree with you! It's all about knowing how to apply it correctly!! So many ladies out there apply foundation so heavily, looks horrible!! Iv'e been there done that too..looking back at photo's and seeing my face...scary!!! Yes you're right, less is more and this product allows to do exactly that but still giving you great coverage!!! I stand by this product all the way!!

Have scars suggested by chemist

Hi! Went to the chemist who suggested thin lizzy for white patches on my skin. It felt great. I didn't realize after two weeks of using it, my skin had sores all on my face. I thought it was food reaction.
Asked my daughter who is a beauty therapist she said "Sorry mum it's the makeup you just spent a fortune for." It's full of chemicals and especially Talc which clogsvyour pores. This so called wonderful product claiming to be made of minerals.
THIN LIZZY. Don't bother with it.

The new brush

I don't like the new brush.
I have just updated my 6 in 1 last week and I'm so not happy with the new brushes I got with my set ..!

Good coverage but I get acne every time I've used it.

Was really excited to get my 6 in 1 set and the coverage, colour and ease of application were great but then started noticing that every time I used the product, I break out in spots. So I'm back to my old makeup brands feeling like I've wasted money.

Not worth buying

I was very disappointed with Thin Lizzy, as I was expecting results in covering up my acne. I chose the light colour (as I have olive skin) and it was so dark and orange looking. I have always had a lot of trouble with getting the correct skin tone colour when buying foundations so I was very excited to get Thin Lizzy but very upset. I have to say the eye liner is great as it has a attached sharpener and I do use the mineral make up for blush and eye shadow. The lip gloss isn't good as extremely sticky. My advice is if yo ou have acne don't try mineral make up as it is not strong enough to cover so go back to liquid foundation.

Crumbles in compact

Loved thin Lizzy but not sure what's changed. It crumbles easily and you have to throw out the bits. Such a waste. Coverage not like the product a few years back. Disappointing to say the least

Hi Sue were sorry to hear about the problems with your last purchase for the Thin Lizzy Please email us direct on at thinlizzy@thinlizzytv.com so we can assist you with a resolution. Please refernce this review when you email us Thanks Rebekah

Not good for lighter skin tones

bought this because the adverts had girls with lighter skin (close to my tone) and they looked great. I bought the "light" powder, and was surprised at how dark the powder was in the compact.
I tried the powder, following the instructions, and I looked like an Oompa Loompa or a reject from Jersey Shore. Waaay to dark for fair skin tones.
Bought it from Big W so cannot take it back.

too dark for a "light" skin tone

Damn guess its no good for me either. I too was going to purchase from Big w, you have most certainly saved me some money, and i thank you for that :-)Hi EllieMay, Thank you for your feedback. I can assure you that all makeovers in our ads are genuine. We do NOT retouch images of the models in our ads and only use Thin Lizzy products so if you saw a model of the same skin tone you should be able to achieve the same results. The key here is the application. My recommendation is go lighter when applying the powder, less is good. If you have a fair skin try applying this product as a face framer to highlight your natural features. As a blusher, just swipe it over your cheek bones a couple of times. The depth of colour will gradually build until you reach your desired shade. For a natural sun-kissed look, just go over your forehead and very lightly over your nose – where the sun naturally hits. Then take it down the neck and décolletage to blend in the colour. Instructional DVD is included, just follow the steps and remember less is more! Let me know how you go on thinlizzy@thinlizzytv.com. Thank you, Kind Regards, Katie from Thin Lizzy Katie, I never implied or stated that I thought the ads were faked in any way. I watched the DVD and applied the makeup in the same manner. I did not achieve the same results. Please do not patronise me.

Good for a light/natural look

After reading the reviews I was hesitant on buying this product, but wanted to try it out. I bought the thin lizzy 6-in-1 in light as well as the mineral foundation in minx (which I'll review separately).

On the whole, I quite like this little kit, and is ideal for me to bring into work each early morning for a quick makeup session. As I'm up at 5:30am and need to be out the door by 6am (and in the office by 7am) this is a good all-rounder kit for just a touch of makeup once I get to work.

The bronzer is quite nice, and while I know the commercials say one could use it as an all face foundation, I wouldn't, it's waay too dark (and the instructions don't say to use it in this way anyways). However, it's good as use for eyeshadow, blush/contouring and lip cover.

I actually like the lipgloss, I don't mind the sticky texture and it smells great.

The pencils are standard and do the job, it's nice to have a choice of brown/black, I can use the brown for my brows as well as liner.

The brushes are nice as well and do a good job, haven't had any issues so far.

I think the thing to remember as this isn't meant for high-end make up looks but it's great for an easy everyday look that doesn't require too much effort. For someone who works in academia and doesn't necessarily need a full-face of makeup, but likes to wear it occasionally, this is quite light and works well with their foundation.

Would I change anything?

I think the kit could benefit from a little compact eyelash curler and some mascara. Then its complete and great for travelling. I also think that a kit based on colour (so minx, duchess etc) that would include the foundation and concealer alongside everything else, as well as the options to purchase these separately would be ideal.

Absolutely love it!

I recently just started using Thin Lizzy and I absolutely love it! Love how it makes my skin look! I dont like using so much make makeup thats why I opted for Thin Lizzy and thank goodness I did! Happy customer right here! Lol

Recipe needs changing back.

I've used natural glow now thin lizzy 4 numerous years but this batch has just crumbled away & not bronzey

Very disappointed.

I have suffered with acne for 15 years and have a lot of pigmentation scarring. I rarely buy makeup but this one sounded perfect for me. I tried it yesterday and ended up looking dirty, without any coverage to my pigmentation scars. I was so disheartened. I watched the video again today and gave applying the 6-in-1 another shot, with the same results. My pores are accentuated, my pigmentation scarring is still very much visible and my face just looks dirty. I have lightly tanned, fair skin and used the 'light' toned 6-in-1. I am very disappointed in this product.
I do love the soft application brushes though, and the lip gloss smells pretty. The eye pencils are also good though smudge very easily.

You have to select the right product

I understand everyones frustrations with their reviews but you need to use the product correctly. The 6 in 1 (whether light or dark) will not work for everyone. The more you apply of the 6 in 1, the darker it gets which is why a lot of people end up unhappy with the outcome, where as with the mineral foundation; the more you apply the more coverage you get. I suggest getting colour matched by a demonstrator for the mineral foundation and use the 6 in 1 as your blusher, contour, eyeshadow, lip color, all over body bronzer etc.

thin lizzy

Love this but after buying 3 times and keeps falling apart in container wont be buying again.Will be going back to wearing nude just as good and cheaper .never had that problem with it.great coverage but to expenise to keep replacing when breaks i dont carry it in bag or drop it .so must be product quality to have this problem.have friends with same problem with it but they do carry in bag .Its a shame because it would have been something would have brought all the time it feels great on face not to heavy always looks good as well
love the coverage
keeps breaking up in container

Hi Jo Were sorry to hear about this and I'd be happy to remedy the situation for you. please email me at thinlizzy@thinlizzytv.com and refence this review so that I can assist, please include which product you are having the issues with. Thanks Rebekah