Thin Lizzy Mineral Foundation

Thin Lizzy Mineral Foundation (page 2 of 4)

Angel (was Oriental Doll), Bootylicious, Diva (was Dorothy), Duchess, Hoola and 3 more

The center of the powder container

The centre falls out when you tip the compact to get the powder into the lid, then you open the lid you loose most of the powder onto yourself or floor. The center is not fitted properly.

Internal sifter not on properly

I purchased the mineral makeup at Priceline last week and today as I was tapping some of the product out into the lid, the internal lid that sifts the powder fell out and half the product fell onto the floor. I recovered some of it but the rest fell onto my clothes and floor. Really disappointed that I spent $40 and wasted half of it because the manufacturer couldn't fit the internal sifter on properly.

Love it!

I purchased the Flawless Complexion Kit and only then looked up the reviews to find them all horrible. I thought I'd made a terrible mistake. But on receiving and using the product - it's fabulous!!! Exactly like the TV ads. So quick and easy to use and gives me fabulous all day coverage. I have super sensitive skin and have no problems at all, no dryness, no redness, nothing but perfect coverage. It has liberated my morning make-up routine. Totally love this product!!

Burnt my skin

I have normal skin and thin Lizzy dried my skin out and after a week of using it left dry patches, plus it very cakey I've used the bronzer for years, very disappointed in the foundation. Won't be buying again.

Rubbish don't bother

I gave it one star for coverage but that's where it ends. Sits in the fine lines on your face and makes you look older than before you applied it. The concealer isn't much better.

Nude by Nature is way better

I find the Thin Lizzy shades not natural and my combo skin looked super shiny, almost like highlighter. And it dries out my skin. It's also quite expensive. BTW Nude by Nature is a completely different company and ingredients.

Highly recommend

Been using this foundation of a few years and find its the only one that gives me good coverage. I would highly recommend everyone to at leastgive it a try.

Being using thin Lizzie for 10 years and can't live without it

Thin Lizzie gives vibrancy to my older skin. I look healthier in winter and compliments my foundation. In summer you need little else. I can't live without it. Applied correctly and not overdone, it is a subtle way of appearing as if you have had a lovely holiday.

Light and good coverage

I hate wearing foundation, but really wanted to even out my skin tone. Thin Lizzy powder allows you to control how much you put on, achieve even coverage, and doesn't feel at all like you're even wearing it. Great product.

Great everyday foundation for normal skin!

I bought Thin Lizzy a few days ago, and have used it everyday since, and found it to be medium coverage that lasts all day if you have normal skin that doesn't break out too often. If you use it with a moisturiser and then a primer, it will last even better. It does take a while to build up the desired coverage though as you have to buff the product into the skin in circular motions for a while. But because it is very light on the skin and is a mineral foundation free from harmful preservatives and parabens, etc. I really think it is better for skin as an everyday foundation.

Don't understand all the fuss

I have combination skin. I use a moisturiser without oils and usually have great success with normal liquid or creme makeup. Thin Lizzy... Not so much.
I bought it specifically for plane travel - something light but gave coverage. To my dismay, I got off the plane and looked like a shiny oil slick. Not only that, it settles in the fine lines around my eyes and goes cakey.
The brushes leave fibres all over my face. Super frustrating.
Won't ever use again.

My absolute favourite, go to product!

I've been a fan of the 6in1 for years, tried the mineral foundation about a year ago and fell in LOVE with it!
I'm very pale but the shade of the foundation and concealer that was selected for me when I ordered was perfect for me.
My favourite aspect of this product is the coverage, even when my skin is having a hormonal breakout I can achieve flawless results. It's so light I don't feel like I'm wearing anything as apposed to when I wear liquid foundations, even when used with the other products in the range.
I wear the concealer, mineral foundation, 6in1 and airbrush veil on a daily basis and the liquid and pencil eyeliners when I go out.
I adored the lemon lip balm but don't much like the lip gloss as it's too sticky and when accidents happen and it spills, it's impossible to clean off anything, even it's own packaging.

Impressive coverage but use sparingly

I bought the mineral foundation compact in Minx for my light-medium olive undertones. This is the pink packaging, not blue (6-in-1). I was very impressed with the coverage. Normally I would require concealer for my dark undereye circles but not for this product. Reddish blemishes were also thoroughly camouflaged. A little goes a long way so don’t overdo it but rather gradually build coverage as you go, otherwise you will get that shine that other reviewers have mentioned. I finished mine off with a setting spray and it was good for a few hours until my skin became slightly darker and shinier (most likely too much product applied on skin – I had to correct it with some mattifying powder). Best to go for one shade lighter to prevent the oxidisation look. Tried the product in winter so have yet to test in the warmer months or to see how it holds up in hotter, more humid climates overseas.

I didn’t like the brush as it wasn’t the shape I prefer for makeup application so I used one of my other kabuki brushes.

The product is Useless

I tried the concealer to cover a small on face, it was thick and pasty and no better than foundation. After about 30 minutes the bruise was clearly visable so I would not recommend this to anyone.
A total waste of $30.00 . And rubbish product I would never buy again.

Too much Mica (light reflect)

I wanted to try the Thin Lizzy mineral powder foundation as my favourite mineral foundation of 10 years was discontinued. Bought the Minx and Pacific sun, Minx being light/medium and Pacific Sun being slightly darker.
It's not full nor medium coverage. It's also not very buildable. If you keep applying for more coverage, you end up looking so shiny due to the mica. I noticed the tone chanes to a dull greyish look. I've always used mineral foundation and have worked as a makeup artist for many years so I do know what I'm doing. It does look ok if only a small amount is applied AND... if you pack on the concealer, however, it does shows my fine lines. In my opinion, this would best suit younger/ perfect skinned people with nothing to hide. I am a fan of the 6 in 1. They should have stopped there.

Favourite powder

I was reading these reviews and was truly surprised to see so many negative reviews about this product. I think that the powder has a beautiful luminous finish that makes you look like you're glowing - which is so lovely on all skin types. From someone who has suffered with acne and still deals with the occasional monster of a blemish, this stuff works wonders with concealing the redness, without looking cakey. I'd definitely recommend this product... I've tried so many others and nothing compares! My only negative comment is the tacky packaging. If they upgraded that and made it look a little more sophisticated, then I'd be one happy happy girl!

bad tv promotion

thin lizzy foundation and nude by nature are the same product /company .i was told by the salesperson. i have loads of nbn powder so i didnt need it.i wanted the mascara to try anyway for 1dollar.

Rip off

Be warned the special TV promo is not what you think.
The product is second rate as finished results are not good.
Better pay a little more and get what you pay for.
Michelle nsw

Lizzy ... Not a good finish!

Lizzy doesn't provide you with an even cover as they advertised ... I tried sooooo many times with different techniques and brushes and I always ended up with an uneven colour coverage .. I ended up using it only as a blush. The most annoying bit is that it will leave you with a very shinny oil face just after just an hour of application .... I won't use it again :-(

thin Lizzy be warned

I bought this product some while back through a TV offer. The product did not agree with me at all. When they sent me the second shipment of thin Lizzy because I had forgotten to cancel my order, I called back to ask them if I could return my order but they did not want to know. I had received it and since I had forgotten to cancel my order it was my fault, which is true but they were not friendly at all on the phone. Unlike when you call to order they are so very nice but once you have ordered they do not want to know. Be careful! be mindful.

Is this a good product for mature 60 year old skin with wrinkles?? Thanks
Yes, I am 66yrs and have only gotten wrinkles the past 4 mths & know its my fault because pain prevents me from cleansing face & I always did put make up on & believe that if I do it it works so for the past few months I have been slapping on any moisturizers when I haven't got make up on & it is working. I have Lupus, that makes my face red, the liquid makeup covers my face. I also have huge scars from being in an accident & most people dont see the scars before me now. I like the liquid makeup which lasts forever, use the blender sponge & blend into the wrinkles & use the setting powder. And dont forget life is too precious to worry over wrinkles, just keep smiling.Yes, I am 66yrs and have only gotten wrinkles the past 4 mths & know its my fault because pain prevents me from cleansing face & I always did put make up on & believe that if I do it it works so for the past few months I have been slapping on any moisturizers when I haven't got make up on & it is working. I have Lupus, that makes my face red, the liquid makeup covers my face. I also have huge scars from being in an accident & most people dont see the scars before me now. I like the liquid makeup which lasts forever, use the blender sponge & blend into the wrinkles & use the setting powder. And dont forget life is too precious to worry over wrinkles, just keep smiling.

are your brushes made from animal fur? last night i washed my brushes and it smells like what a dog smells after you wash them

I have just purchased thin Lizzy but I cand get the powder to come out through those little holes. What am I doing wrong or not doing?
Hello Dorothy, I loosen the lid, however don't unscrew it fully, turn the powder upside down and gently tap the bottom of the container. Turn to upright position and unscrew lid and presto, just a small amount is in the lid. I almost lost all of mine to the floor the very first time I opened it, however I soon came up with this idea. Hope this helps