Thins

Thins

Sophie K.

Sophie K.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Salt and Vinegar, completely inedible

Tasted like cardboard clippings. Absolutely disgusting, and they were in date. Baffled at how you could stuff this up so badly. Never again blurgh, waste of money had to throw them out. And I'm a HUGE salt and vinegar fan.

Purchased in February 2021 for $8.00.

AGZ

AGZWestern District, VIC

Another ruined product

Light and tangy was a classic favourite, a reliable staple snack but these days they are so skimpy on the flavouring that they may as well call them plain salted chips. So disappointing companies like this are ripping off consumers by shrinking package sizes for a long time but now also cutting costs on the actual flavour..the whole point of the product! Thins and burger rings you're all dead to me now.

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths Online store for $2.50.

Myshelle

MyshelleAU

Never again

These chips are way to salty I would never buy again

Purchased in August 2020 at Woolworths for $2.00.

Chips

Find out how Thins compares to other Chips

Magoo

MagooGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy on the Salt

Way too much salt .off thins.trying ofher chips where you can actually taste potato
Thins are too salty.
I go off thins than return to them to enjoy there great potatoe flavor only to find every time over the years STILL TOO MUCH SALT. So that may just be the last straw for thins going, going....... Gone./

Purchased in August 2020 for $3.00.

Nas

NasGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bitter tasting potatoes

I usually Purchase the original flavour and never had much problem with them. The last batch I got tasted very salty, stale and had a taste that leaves your mouth all Bitter, I did some reading and assuming these were made from an old batch of potato’s which contain high amounts of alkaloid compounds, solanine and chaconine which can be toxic. It’s sad to think that with a product that only contains 2 ingredient potato and oil they can get it wrong. Also the potatoes smell really toxic which makes me think the oil may not have been the freshest. So disappointing and never buying thins again :(

Purchased in July 2019 at Woolworths for $1.60.

Shoes

ShoesPeel, WA

What flavour??

These, and many other flavors, to me, are lacking, the punch! Bland, n flavourless, like eating cardboard, use of a dip is needed to eat any of their product. Not just thins, smiths are just as bad!! It is all across the brands!! What's going on chip people??!

Purchased in February 2019 at Iga waroona for $2.00.

Jorden

JordenNortheast, VIC

No flavour and are stayle

I’ve been getting things salt and vinegar because they were my favourite. For a while I have noticed the flavour go down hill dramatically that they’re not nice anymore at all. I have also noticed they seem to be stayle all the time ? I got a packet today because they were on special I opened the same day and they are stayle.

Big bag to share is a joke

I bought a big bag to share. May as well bought a normal packet. Half the packet is air. Is this a joke. Not happy at all.

Mike_Hunt

Mike_HuntAirlie Beach

thins chips ( salt n vinegar )

Is it just me, or are these chips much more vinegary than they used to be.
usually i can eat a whole bag of them, now, a few handfulls and i've had enough.
it tastes like before they used to spray a little vinegar on the chips, and now they dip them into a vinegar bath or something.
thats how different they taste.
has anybody found this, or is it just me ?
nothing
too much vinegar

Snack King
Snack King

Maybe it's a consistency issue because I wish there was more vinegar on these chips. I still eat them because I think they are ok but often I will have to add my own vinegar.

Chips

Find out how Thins compares to other Chips

dtate_88

dtate_88SYDNEY

Thins awefull

I used to purchase thins chips but the quality is no way near consistent enough. The flavours are all boring and there is no new variety like other newer chip brands. There is a problem with consistency with the product and I do not rate thew brand very highly at all.

inconsistent quality, no variety

tsetse

tsetseAU

Quite disappointing

I used to buy either Thins or Smith's crisps, depending on which one was on special at supermarkets. But Thins' quality has become worse in the past few years. I remember buying a pack of Thins salt and vinegar crisps, and thought I was eating the original variety as it had no flavour whatsoever. I rang the customer helpline on the pack, told them I wasn't happy with the quality, and gave them the serial number on the packaging. Later I received a $5 cheque in the mail as refund. It was nice of the Thins company to take customer feedback seriously and arrange the refund, but I don't think I would buy again.

bland