2Tick Travel Insurance - International Standard

Tick Travel Insurance - International Standard Questions & Answers

Verifiedtickinsurance.com.au
Maeve L.
Maeve L. · Tick Travel Insurance - Standard

Hi, I'm heading to Japan for a ski trip and I have searched through numerous insurance companies. Tick Travel Insurance appears to be substantially cheaper than most companies and I am curious as to why that is the case?

Tick Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Mauve, Thank you for your question.
At Tick Travel Insurance, we offer a range of coverage options that are suited to specific needs, such as the Winter Sports cover that you are inquiring about. If you haven’t already done so, please consider reading our Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) which outlines all the inclusions, exclusions, limits, and other details policy related to determine if our coverage aligns with your needs.
You can also find our PDS via the link below:
external link
Kind regards,

Terri
Terri · Tick Travel Insurance - Standard

Yes it does seem incredibly cheap. So how did they get the Canstar rating. In all our travel I have only had to make one claim. It took 8 months to settle so I am not sure they are so different. It is extremely difficult once you get home especially if you don't have all the required documentation even thoughyou think you do. . In our case they question the hire company's excessive charge to us. They were right to do so. They were made to produce receipts and they were profiting from it.I also question the excess per person per event. That doesn't seem legal via consumer law in Australia. It certainly does make one think.

Kerry · Tick Travel Insurance - Standard

Has anyone else received an email saying that Tick has given them a part refund and to download a gift card? Sounds like a scam to me?????

Ian
Ian

Haven't had an email from Tick at all!

Tick Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Kerry, Thank you for your question. I can confirm that this is a legitimate email from us that was sent out on the 7th of September. Please do let me know if you have any questions about this.

Kerry

Thank you for letting me know, I was to nervous to download it just in case it was a scam!

Tick Travel Insurance   DM

Not a problem, let me know if you need any further assistance! Regards,

Michelle W.
Michelle W. · Tick Travel Insurance - Standard

If I miss the transit flights and I have to top up for next flight, can I claim if I purchase the standard / top insurance?

Gwyn · Tick Travel Insurance - Standard

I am traveling to Thailand on a standard policy and would like to hire a small motorcycle there. I have a current Australian motorcycle license and will also be getting an international license prior to travel. Will I be covered for any medical expenses for accidents

Tick Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Gwyn, Thank you for your question. As per our Product Disclosure Statement, under General Exclusions, you are not covered for any claim arising from the use of a two-wheeled or three-wheeled motor vehicle unless you;
a. as the driver or a passenger are wearing a crash helmet (this is irrespective of the law in the country
you are in), and
b. as the driver:
(i) hold a driving licence appropriate for the country you are in, and
(ii) if using a motorcycle rated 125cc or higher, you hold a current and valid license required for
driving an equivalent rated motorcycle in Australia.
We recommend going through our Product Disclosure Statement to know more about what is covered - external link

Gwyn

Thank you for your reply, as I will be complying with your requirements e.g. helmet and motorcycle license ( plus international license) l assume that I am covered

David C.
David C. · Tick Travel Insurance - Standard

what are they like when you claim

Wayne H.
Wayne H. · Tick Travel Insurance - Standard

Why is tick a rip off scam

TakeMyMoney
TakeMyMoney

It isn't.

Tick Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Wayne, Please let me know if there is something I can help you with.

kiplingrob · Tick Travel Insurance - Standard

When covid hit in March 2020 I had a prepaid UK Travelodge hotel booking valued at Approx. $950. As we were not allowed to leave Australia I never got to the UK. As part of a bigger claim I claimed the value of the Travelodge booking but as Travelodge had issued me a credit voucher for the full value of my booking Tick refused to refund the value of the booking. Earlier this year the voucher expired so I contacted Tick and they stated I could make a claim for the value of the booking. I submitted a claim attaching a copy of the email from Travelodge which stated the voucher had expired. That was about August 3rd. A email from Tick at the time stated they had all the documentation needed to process my claim and I could expect to hear from them within 10 business days. Since then nothing despite several emails requesting an update. Most of the time I don't even get an auto reply saying they had received my email.
Over the years I have purchased several Tick travel polices and recommended them to many friends, not any more.

Tick Travel Insurance   DM

Hi there, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Could you please send me a private message with your policy number and I'll send your feedback to our claims team. Alternatively, you can send us a complaint by emailing complaints@tickinsurance.com.au

original claim 120015707 (late 2020 ) updated ref. no 437033 Aug 2022

Tick Travel Insurance   DM

Thank you for providing me with the details. I'll check with the team and get back to you.

This guy
This guy

Was this ever resolved for you? I’m about to make a claim myself and I don’t trust insurance companies.

Payment came thro. yesterday

yilmaz aydin
yilmaz aydin · Tick Travel Insurance - Standard

we intend travel to asia for month in november 2022 , have purchased tickets through jetstar.
jetstar recently have being giving grief to passengers overseas that their flights have being cancelled and they would have to wait some ridicilous days like 20 or 30 days before they can travel.
Question is what sort of a policy would cover me to ensure another flight perhaps with another carrier to come home if such case was to happened to me and family.
please

Lyn
Lyn

Try Tick travel insurance. They are great

Tick Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Yilmaz, Thank you for your question. Unfortunately we do not cover this. Please read through the Product Disclosure Statement to know more about what is covered - external link
Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Jasmine M.
Jasmine M. · Tick Travel Insurance - Standard

Hello, does your standard and/ or top plan cover medical expenses for people seeking fertility and ivf treatment overseas? Does it cover the occupied territories in Palestine/ Israel for fertility related medical coverage and other? Your plans are a lot easier to understand than most websites and due to the fact I am travelling multiple countries the geogtaphical area you cover is simpler and easier but I require covid insurance to travel and am trying to find a plan best suited to my needs. I am flying on august 10 and need to resolve the matter today. Thanks for your help.

Tick Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Jasmine, Our policies exclude coverage for overseas medical treatments. If you would like to discuss this with our team, please call us on 1300 235 444.

Garnet
Garnet · Tick Travel Insurance - Standard

Can you get cover if you live in New Zealand

Tick Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Garnet, Unfortunately, we only cover Australian Residents. I am sorry!

Garnet S.
Garnet S. · Tick Travel Insurance - Standard

Can you get cover if you live in New Zealand

Ronh
Ronh

I don’t see why not, should be relatively straight forward.

Tick Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Garnet, Unfortunately, we are unable to cover you if you live in NZ. Our policies are for Australian residents only.

Donna T.
Donna T. · Tick Travel Insurance - Standard

Why is it taking so long for tick travel insurance to approve a claim when it states what you are covered for please

Viv L.
Viv L. · Tick Travel Insurance - Standard

Hi there, I purchased your insurance for my trip to Asia. However on the day where I was supposed to fly out from Singapore, I fell ill and was deemed unfit to fly for 3 days by the doctor. I have sent numerous emails but have not received any response regarding my return flight.
Am I supposed to book my return flight and claim upon arrival in Australia ? Would appreciate your prompt response.
Many thanks,
Viv

Tick Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Viv, I'm not part of the claims team so any advice I would give is general in nature, which I feel wouldn't be helpful in your case. I would strongly advise you call our 24/7 emergency assistance line on +612 9333 3963 to ask if you would be able to claim for this event, and if so, should you pay your return flight up front before claiming. Our team will be able to advise you on your potential claim, and they will discuss your options with you. I hope this helps. Thanks, Anna

Get an answer from our members and Tick Travel Insurance representatives

Select a listing for your question
Tick Travel Insurance - International Standard