Tick Travel Insurance - International Top

Tick Travel Insurance - International Top

• Type of Claim
    • Medical (10)
    • Travel Delays/Cancellations (9)
    • Lost/Stolen Property (5)
    • Other (4)
  • Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks (7) · 1-2 months (5) · 3+ months (3) · 1-2 weeks (2) · <1 week (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (11) · No (11)

Mere

Mere

Worst Customer Service. ZERO STARS.

Put in a claim to be reimbursed after needing to purchase urgent after contracting an illness in Cambodia. Once I submitted the evidence I received no reply - not even a digital acknowledgment. After reading these reviews I put a complaint in their official line (there's no phone number to call and actually speak to someone). Got a reply saying that I never replied - was able to provide screenshots of my multiple attempts to make contact. Since these were sent I got no reply - AVOID AT ALL COSTS. I will be going to the ombudsman.

Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateDecember 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

The best value I could find

This is the first time we have used Tick Travel Insurance and after research found this good value policy. Easy to set up and we have peace of mind as we now anticipate our trip later this year

The King

The KingLennox Head NSW

Good to Go

First time user not travelling until May to South Africa. Very easy to navigate and understand, excellent price, however; the real test will be in the event of a claim which I hope I don't have to use.
So will have to wait until the trip is over in June.

DestinationAfrica
John Smith

John SmithSouth East Queensland, QLD

More than happy with your service

I first found your service on compare the market and found that yours was the best available for what my family required. Unfortunately I have had to make some claims over the years and I have always found service to be above and beyond and very fast. I have not changed my insurance to any one else since finding yours and we travel very regularly

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea), New Zealand, North America (inc. Hawaii), Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimMedical and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim ApprovedYes

Kerryn

KerrynVictoria

Great Value

Haven’t travelled yet but found it easy to read and apply. Hoping not to make a claim. Have used before and found it was value for money compared tomother companies.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)

Tony Markham

Tony MarkhamHunter Region, NSW

Great Cover and Value.

Easy to read facts about cover. Have yet to travel and not looking to claim. Travel Insurance should be mandatory for Peace of Mind. First time to use this company. Their costs are fare better than the one we usually use. Every $$$ helps.

Lucky Phil

Lucky PhilGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Value

Previously used when travelling USA and Mexico.
Now using for our trip to Spain and Portugal.
Both times we have taken top cover and have found it to offer high levels of cover and to cover many events.
I'm not sure why it cannot be offered on a country by country basis and it'snot immediately clear what the excess is.

reviewer2232

reviewer2232

Best value; best benefits; cover medical conditions others don’t

Sandy S.

Sandy S.Perth, WA

Awesome ! Great pricing and used ShopBack and promo code.

Yeh it was great, I did read the 53 page PDF detail.
It also offers to pay extra to remove the excess.
Only thing I found was that it doesn’t say clearly if cruises are covered so illl phone them.
The gold isn’t a super high cover yet pretty good.
I’m doing this review yet haven’t travelled yet so don’t know if I’ll need to make a claim.

GCLynda

GCLyndaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Simple English site - wonderful

This is my second time purchasing insurance from Tick and again, found it wonderfully easy to navigate the site to obtain an initial quote, and then to purchase once I was ready.
My first trip was to Canada, Cuba and the USA whilst my second was a Pacific cruise to PNG.

Dennis

DennisSydney Surrounds, NSW

Cost effective

Cover was everything I needed at a reasonable price.
Existing medical conditions where accepted with no prob lems other than an increased premi u m which I found reasonable considering my problems

DestinationAfrica

Alan Reynolds

Alan ReynoldsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Good insurance for us!

I have been using Tick insurance for the past three or four years for two holidays in Phuket every May and August, for my wife and myself, we are in our seventies. The premiums are very acceptable for cover provided. I have some medical issues and they take no advantage of my condition after screening which is very reassuring. I recommend them to our friends and associates. Our cover was established on-line and very easy to do.

Michele M.

Michele M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It covers everything I needed, great value for money, will use again in my future travels and very easy to use the online system. I will recommend to all my friends and family

Leigh

LeighFar North Queensland, QLD

it's a must-have for overseas travel

cover amounts eg medical / cancellation seem right for the policy price also easy to setup .I've never had to make a claim but if I do hoping that is just as easy!?

Claim MadeNo

Really good with preexisting illnesses

Used it twice, very handy when in Thailand, my partner ended up in a clinic for five days, all handled between clinic and Tick, never saw a bill do not know how much it was.

Type of ClaimMedical

Fantastic Service

first time using tick insurance and wouldn't go with anyone else. such great prices and a lot to offer, the easy way to get insurance such simple website. thanks tick

Clay

ClayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

LIARS

I bought the insurance. My accommodation was cancelled by the vendor 1 day after we’re in country no fault of ours. Had to buy emergency accomodations. Filed claim when I got home and now this company refuses to pay. Don’t buy this companies product they don’t honour their contracts

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Tick Travel Insurance
Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Michael

MichaelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

very impressed with service and cost

recently purchased a policy for travel to Egypt. I submitted a query via email regard regarding travel warnings which was answered promptly and in straight forward terms. very impressed so far.

DestinationMiddle East

Luke Y.

Luke Y.South East Queensland, QLD

Exactly what I needed for my trip

Best value compared to other providers. Easy to apply. Had it done within minutes. The online was user friendly and easy to navigate. States clearly what you are covered for.

Great Insurer

Yes i have found that the policy is very good value and that it was very easy to purchase online. This is the second or third time i have used company and the reason for this is the value for money policy