Tick Travel Insurance - International Top

Tick Travel Insurance - International Top

Change travel dates of policy - no customer service answer

MarionSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still Waiting

What worries me is that you take out Top Travel insurance and think you are covered, but now that we have this coronavirus level 4 cannot travel, we shall see the true colours of insurance companies. I have put in a request for a refund for 2 accommodations in Bali and have given the insurance company copies of passport, health care card information, also copies of the accommodation with a letter from us requesting a refund from the accommodation. This was all requested by Tick insurance which I have emailed to them. Hope they come to the party of giving us a refund.
Marion.

Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2020
Claim ApprovedNo

JeanieSydney Surrounds, NSW

They just pocket the money

Paid for top cover for myself and husband for our overseas trip in Early January 2020
But as a level 4 travel restriction in place due to corona virus We cannot travel and when I asked for a refund on my policy they refused saying no refunds and no credit
So they just pocket the money and offer nothing for it
Never again will I insure with this company

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Jeanie, I'm sorry for the experience you've had, and I understand your frustration. I would encourage you to email complaints@tickinsurance.com.au and the team will lodge your complaint formally and investigate your case. Thanks, Anna

I have done this

Travel Insurance

Find out how Tick Travel Insurance - International Top compares to other Travel Insurance

Dan

DanCaulfield

Poor customer service and a bunch of Liars

They take forever to respond for starters and they are a typical insurer who will do anything to get out of paying. I booked insurance before the coronavirus was deemed an pandemic and wanted to claim for my cancelled flights etc but they lie and say that on their site at that point it said they're not covering for the virus and that I would have had to have clicked to confirm that I understand this which is completely false. I should have gone with my normal insurers. Don't waste your money.

LyndalGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unsympathetic company

Recent trip cancelled due to COVID-19 and this company will not allow refunds on policies or postponement due to worldwide lock down. Whilst I am putting my life on the line working in an Emergency department potentially being exposed to COVID19, these crooks are sitting back counting the COVID cash. Shame on you Tick, absolute shame.

Robert H.Murray Region, NSW

Simply awful waste of money

Spent 1.5 hrs on hold this morning to be told they would not compensate us 1 cent even though we bought their top cover before the Coronavirus outbreak ,complete rip off

Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateMarch 2020
Claim ApprovedNo
Robert H.

I purchased the policy on the 12/01 before the outbreak!!!! And you still told me to go away

paul

paul

zero customer service

Purchased travel insurance from this company.
They will not answer the phone ,or respond to emails
Do not bother using this company ,you will not be able to get any assistance from them . you will end up giving away your money.

DestinationNew Zealand
Taryn W

Taryn WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

great value and cover

Easy to set up, great value for money and always has the best excess cover for hire vehicles( when needed). Have used TICK frequently over the last couple of years.

DestinationEurope and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Karen W.

Karen W.South East Queensland, QLD

Can't Contact when there is a HICCUP

I have been attempting to contact TICK INSURANCE because I have to cancel my holiday for family reasons. I chose to email rather than phone as my circumstance is not "URGENT" as per your website. I filled out your contact form and no one has bothered to contact me. I realise with the Corona Virus causing challenges there would be some delays in response, however, my challenge has nothing to do with this and I need to rectify my challenge ASAP. I've been using TICK for the past several years. I've never had to make a claim and now that I require some assistance I've heard nothing.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)

DisappointedSydney, NSW

Tick Insurance-postpone travel cover period

Contacted Tick Insurance to see if there was a possibility to change date of cover to a future date, obviously due to current Corvid -19 world wide crisis (Their PDS clearly state no claims on cancellation due to change of mind or fear). No such luck, no such provision in their PDS, I was hoping Co will show some goodwill and flexibilty in light of the situation. What a windfall by travel insurance Co (Tick included) from travelers deferring or cancelling travel. How good is that !!

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi there, I'm sorry that you were unable to get the expected outcome here. You can recieve a full refund for your policy provided that you are still within the 14 day cooling off period. I hope this helps. Thanks, Anna

Disappointed

Not really, as it's way past 14 days cooling off period.
Bad decision on my part, to take out insurance 3 months before my intended travel dates, which I've postponed my travel.

John

JohnGippsland, VIC

Easy application and set up .....

Easy set up even with medical screen, haven't travelled yet but have used Tick before without having to claim hope this carries on..... Seems value for money but will only find out if I need it.

Alan H

Alan HIllawarra, NSW

Very Good

Great value, easy to deal with. Online booking easy to follow. PSA Members. NRMA Insurance was double what we paid last year to Europe. Will always choose Tick now. Excellent.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)

Great price good cover.

First time customer travelling later this year will give better review afterwards,hopefully don't need insurance but seems legit with low costs, easy to set up. Will find pout if it covers cancellations if travel advice is issued

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Gary

GaryVictoria

Yet to see

Appears to be good value and was very easy to set up.
Time will tell if as good as claims as not travelling until the end of the year. Hopefully won't be needed.
First time user

DestinationNew Zealand
Richard SMITH

Richard SMITHPerth, WA

FIRST TIME WITH

First time with Tick so cannot be too critical. Have looked at other reviews and will give proper feedback when I get back. Interested to see what will happen if a Travel Advice is given for my destination.

DestinationEurope and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Beryl

Beryl

did not advise no viris cover as it was purchased to late.

we did not get advise on no cover for virus as 79 years old and not made aware of the problem which is very important so we now have no cover

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
MikeyD

MikeyDPerth, WA

Honest Dealings

Extremely easy to set up. I also followed up with a phone call to discuss some items of coverage and extremely honest and friendly advice.
I like the fact that Tick Insurance ensure you are aware of the cooling off period, again adding to their honesty.

DestinationEurope and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Insurance Cover ForAdult

Second time with Tick for us

Very easy menu to navigate. We are extremely happy and confident with our travel insurance. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend Tick to family and friends and will defend use them for future trips.

George

George

Peace of mind

Have uses tick for the last two overseas trips. Easy to set up and appears to be good value for money. Will only know if I have to make a claim

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Senior
Jenrin

JenrinSydney, NSW

Offers what I want

The insurance was good value and it was easy to apply. The product disclosure statement was easy to read.I have not travelled yet and have not made a claim. I also hope not to make one.

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Senior

Nev. BARROWasked

Can I claim for a Air Vanuatu flight cancelled on 22/03/2020. Replacement flight purchased for our party of 4 adults and 1 infant.

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Nev, if you purchased your policy before 4:00pm on 31st January, and your policy included cancellation cover, then you are eligible to claim for cancelling your trip, although it sounds like perhaps you are rescheduling instead of cancelling. Therefore, I cannot advise on the outcome of your claim, and I would recommend you lodge a claim. The below link includes all of the information you will need to lodge online, via email or via post, along with a list of documents that need to be included along with your claim.
Thanks, Anna

Nev. BARROW

Why did tick accept and take money for travel insurance after the 31st January then why did they take our money after that date for travel insurance our flights were cancelled by air Vanuatu 2 days before we were due to fly back to Australia not our fault and no explanation from air Vanuatu

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Nev, we continued to sell policies that provided the same wide range of cover our policies had offered before this date, with the exception of claims related to coronavirus. In addition, it was deemed a known event by this point, meaning it would be expected the policy was entered into with awareness of the virus and its developments. I would recommend you contact complaints@tickinsurance.com.au with your policy number. They will be able to formally lodge your complaint and investigate your case. Thanks, Anna

Cath C

Cath Casked

I purchased this cover in October 2019 for a trip in May. We are postponing this trip due to COVID. My cover does include COVID-19 events. I will be taking this trip - to exactly the same destinations and exactly the same travel duration - but a simple transfer of dates will need to apply. I have emailed customer service weeks ago however as yet to receive a response. There is nothing mentioned in my T&C's to indicate that a date change cannot apply. In fact - I'm sure a lot of policies have date changes applicable seeing as people purchase travel insurance before travel dates become firm. This request is being made before the commencement of my trip. Please advise on this and how a travel date change can be applied.

Hi Cath,
I think if you go into your booking, it should allow you to change the dates, if not, just get in contact with the actual place you are booked into and see if they will allow a credit to be held for you.
And they would probably be able to change your dates also. If its non-refundable you may have just lost your money, Good luck.

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Cath, thanks for reaching out, but I'm afraid we are not able to change the dates on your policy, as this isn't something we can offer. Also, I'm afraid a refund can only be made if the policy was purchased within the last 14 days. Thanks, Anna

Philip Harlow

Philip Harlowasked

Hi,

We took out top insurance with you on 1 Oct 2019 for a trip including flights from Australia to Malta and Greece commencing on 19 April 2020. Due to the corona virus I have canceled all that I can without cost but it appears now the airlines will cancel our flights and I wont get a a refund. Are we able to claim this cost from Tick and what is the timetable for doing so? Thanks,
Philip Harlow, pcharlow@westnet.com.au

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Philip, without knowing more details, its not possible for me to guarantee that your claim will be paid, but depending on the level of cover you purchased (i.e. if it was Gold or Silver) you may be eligible to claim. The below link details all the evidence that will be needed to be sent by you, in addition to the details you will need to send your claim to us via email or post.
Thanks, Anna