Tick Travel Insurance Questions & Answers

127 questions from our users

Sarah G.

Sarah G.asked

Tick Travel Insurance

I can not understand why when i purchased a policy for an overseas trip that i could not go on due to covid19. Trust me, i was ready to go but both the AUS and US govenments wouldn't let me. I handled all of my bookings, flights, hotels, tours and orgainsed refunds, even from non refundable hotels booked i got full refunds as they understood that New York was closed and there was no way on Earth i could be there. They went against their policy and refunded me in full. Yet you, a travel insurer who we use to help us make claims or get refunds etc when things happen and go wrong on our trips. Trips we have saved for, trips we have dreamt of. So when something like a world wide pandemic happens and throws everyone for 6. The companies we pay to help us, close the door and dont refund us. I didnt cancel my policy, i couldnt use it, not just the govenement but the world wouldnt let me!!! i did all the hard work, i asked for nothing from you. I did my policy online, never spoke to anyone, everything was emailed straight away, so no admin on your end, it was all computer generated, yet you think it is ok to keep all of my money, when seriously.. you've done nothing. Which feels like a kick in the face.. not slap but a when you're down lets kick you too. I couldnt not use your service, i did not cancel your policy. Yet you dont care. You'll keep it.. My policy number is 24919308. I was told via email when i requested a refund. unfortunately, this is not possible outside the 14-day cooling-off period. Seriously.. i didnt change my mind.. this isnt normal circumstances and you all know this. Your cooling off period is a crap scapegoat when it comes to this..i didnt changce my mind, none of us have. We were not allowed to travel, this was taken out of our hands completely. Nothing like this has happened before and your company is just saying too bad so sad... i was told i could go to the link to see if i could get a partial credit..Credit... you think i would use you again. OMG.. you cant even cover me from yourself let alone anything, god forbid something happened on a trip and i needed to make a claim through you. You have stolen my money. This policy is "Fit for Purpose"under fair trade. Are you above fair trade. Basically you are making up your own rules here, you know this does not fall under your 14 day cooling off crap..
Even saying, we can not refund you, but we can put your policy on hold and when you can travel again we will activate your policy and update your travel dates.. Why is this not an option.. no one loses. Happy customers and great understand company.
Finding solutions where everyone wins isnt hard. Losing customers due to scapegoat excuses.. easy.

Halley M.
Halley M.

Hear Hear. I'm having the same problem.
I've previously gone with 1Cover and World Nomad on multiple trips and had no troubles when there were issues. Tick was one of the only companies that would insure my grandmother for all of her conditions when she wanted to travel for her grandaughter's wedding in Bali - and now we're left with $600 'credit' that she is unable to use as the wedding is cancelled and she won't be traveling anywhere again as it was to be her last trip due to her health. Badly done indeed. I contacted them through the correct channels multiple times with NO reply. But putting my review up here prompted a reply from a Tick representative (Anna, who was great - but still - shouldn't have to write crappy reviews on other sites to get them to reply to anything!)
I continue await their reply on the proper channels... !!! Good luck to you.

Louasked

Tick Travel Insurance - Top

Why is it that efficient attention has been given to my claim for additional costs and non-refundable fees has not been processed since late March 2020? The questions that have come back from officers within TICK have been simplistic, indicate failure to look beyond the last communication and indicate inepitude on the part of those individuals, e.g., not looking back to the full documentation and then asking inept questions. First officer appears to have forgotten the claim. My last communication thtrough the system answering their query by anotrher was lodged approximately two weeks ago, followed up by 'phone to ensure that it had been received and that the full files were visible which they were. Took over a week for the officer supposedly acting upon it to indicate "the file had been updated". I appreciate the very high current workload these people appear incompetent, so what does that say about management Lee P

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Lee, I'm sorry your claim isn't progressing as you would like it to, and I'd like to help. Please send me your policy number via private message and I will follow up on your behalf and get you a meaningful update on your claim. Thanks, Anna

Lou

Hi Anna. My policy number is MS/TK/305144/23408455. Claim reference 120005383/322960. If you trace the claim file through you will see the inefficiency to which I refer and the claims personnel involved. Lee Pooley [Email and Phone Number Removed]

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Lee, thanks for sending this information. I have followed up on your case with the claims team. Thanks, Anna

Glenda Margaret

Glenda Margaretasked

Tick Travel Insurance

Our tick travel insurance policy is for travel not commencing until 28 October 2020. Nothing related to current travel restrictions but we are now unable to make this trip. We want to cancel the policy and get a refund so how do we stand? Thanks, Glenda M

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Glenda, unfortunately, if you just want to cancel your policy for change of mind, we cannot give a refund, unless you are within the 14 day cooling off period. If you have had to cancel your trip due to unforeseen injury or illness, you may be eligible to lodge a claim, depending on when you purchased your policy, and if your policy featured cancellation before departure cover. Thanks, Anna

Flyinfish

Flyinfishasked

Tick Travel Insurance

Is Tick giving credit/refund on unused policies due to Covid-19 cancelled travel? I have contacted them several times, was always told no. Filed a complaint and have had no reply. Other insurance companies are doing the right thing.

All they would give is a credit and less 30%

Mary Heuzenroeder
Mary Heuzenroeder

Tick Ins, use the Mantra that you have 14days to cancel when first undertaking the Policy. When O/S travel was stopped due to Covid19 it was no refund. Im suspecting due to many complaints they have changed their tune to partial remuneration to be used on next Policy.
As I know many others Insurance Companies are refunding policies it's a "bit stiff" Tick aren't doing likewise.

Graham
Graham

Hi Flyinfish,
It would appear Tick’s policy remains no refund, but they have released a credit system providing a partial refund only to eligible customers, but are not advertising the fact. To be eligible, your intended trip end date must be after 30.03.2020 and the start date before 17.09.2020. The credit is based on a complicated formula, but in my case, it equated to about 2/3, to be used on a further trip policy within 18 months from 30.03.2020, if you still have sufficient faith Tick & it’s products! Regards, Graham.

Anthony S.asked

Tick Travel Insurance - Top

Hi Anna, took out top travel insurance on 5/9/19 for travel to Europe between 8/6/20 - 11/7/2020, Policy MS/TK305144123939609, Customer service request 359931.

We requested a pro-rata credit on our travel insurance premium of $1981.05, a huge premium,(over 75’s & pre-existing condition) we love travelling, so have to pay a high price for cover. We have Not cancelled the policy, government restrictions due to the virus prevent us from travel. May 29th email from customer service, we were advised that as a gesture of goodwill, Tick would consider a pro-rata credit with no admin or cancellation fees for all single trip policy holders who have NOT MADE A CLAIM due to the impact of Covid-19. June 1st email, refund was declined! Why is this?. We will NOT be making any claims on this policy, all our travel providers have refunded 100% of our travel costs.
Insurance must be “Fit for Purpose” under the Fair Trading Legislation, since we cannot travel, the policy is no longer “Fit for Purpose” therefore we feel we are entitled to a reasonable refund.
This is a good time to show customer support and demonstrate goodwill at these difficult times to your customers

keith forsyth

Disgraceful customer service by tick definitely will not use them again

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Anthony, I am not sure why your request for a credit was denied, but I would like to help you with this. I investigate and update you on this tomorrow. Thanks, Anna

Anthony S.

Thank you Anna, hope to get a favourable reply.

Arthurasked

Tick Travel Insurance

Are Tick Travel Insurance and Insure and Go affiliated ???

Taylor
Taylor

sorry , not sure.

Arthur

Sent a claim to Tick but got a reply from Insure and Go!

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Arthur, yes, we are both underwritten by Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company and operate under Mapfre Assistance. Thanks, Anna

Mick Masked

Tick Travel Insurance - Top

Hello, I took out your Top Cover travel insurance well before the Covid 19 Virus. I was booked to go to Bali in June 2020 as you know the government banned overseas travel and as a result my trip was cancelled by the travel company. The travel company offered me a credit with an end date of 31st of March 2021. This may seem OK to you but the problem is that I get annual leave once a year and the month that I get my annual leave each year is June. I would really love to go to Bali during the dates of the credit offer, but if I did not show up for work my boss would sack me and I just can't afford to loose my job. I now know that you refuse to pay a refund when a credit/ voucher has been offered by the travel company even if the credit/voucher is impossible to use. So firstly what advice can you offer me regarding this issue and secondly could you tell me the section in your PDS that mentions credits/vouchers in lieu of a refund as I just can't seem to find it myself.
Regard's
Mick

Chris W.

Hi Mick, I have made a similar point for a non refundable hotel room and two non refundable seperate air-tickets in Europe. My point is that we currently cannot legally accept time limited vouchers when the Australian Govt has issued an ‘Indefinite’ Travel Ban. The PDS simply requires clients to make ‘all reasonable efforts’ to avoid claim expenses by seeking refunds etc. I managed to get over 85% of our potential $30,000 claim back from providers despite it all being non refundable - they were honest and understanding in these circumstances.
Clearly it is not reasonable to accept such vouchers at this time and is also inconsistent with ACCC advice on travel providers pushing acceptance of vouchers instead of refunds. FYI this is now subject to a class action by ‘Slater & Gordon’ on airlines and travel agents insisting on the voucher option - this may well be extended to travel insurers as it is highly inappropriate and unethical given our Govt directions.
Best of luck with your claim, mine is quite straightforward but has taken over 7 weeks just to get it to management for a ‘decision’.

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Mick, I'm sorry your claim experience thus far has been frustrating. Although you should accept offers of credits or refunds from travel providers, you can and should detail in your claim the reasons the credits are unreasonable, regarding your annual leave situation, and inability to travel during the dates the credits are valid. Regarding sections in the PDS that discuss this, there may be other references, but the two below references address your question:
"You must take all reasonable steps to avoid or reduce any loss which may mean that you have to make a claim under this insurance."
"You must claim from the transport company first, and provide us with written confirmation of any refunds or
rescheduling offered to you."

Thanks, Anna

Mick M

You must take all reasonable steps to avoid or reduce any loss (read costs) to Tick Travel Insurance. How about this, I was in a multi level shopping centre in New York the centre had stairs and an elevator that led to the carpark, the stairs were not undercover and it had been raining so there was a long queue waiting for the elevator. I decided to take the stairs which were wet, I slipped and fell breaking my leg. Now of course I DON'T intend to make a claim against my Top Cover from Tick Travel Insurance for the following reasons: 1. I did not take all reasonable steps to avoid the wet stairs (when I could have taken the elevator) 2. By taking the stairs I exposed Tick Travel Insurance to a potential loss if I was to fall. Why would any sane person make a claim against any travel insurer under the above circumstances, however all is not lost, my legal team have found out that rain was not forecast on the day of my accident and that God and his legal team have a case to answer to.

Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Anna, further to my last response on Monday morning, as you requested, I have still not heard anything back from you, nor the claims officer despite you advising our claim decision was being expedited by your management team on Wednesday last week.
While most of us appreciate this is a very busy time for travel insurers, our claim has been in process for 7 weeks now, and as you know we have been more than reasonable quickly responding to queries and re-sending documents that had already been mailed previously. I have even agreed to delete one claim item just to get the balance of three items settled, as offered by the claims officer over a week ago. I simply cannot fathom why no-one has been in touch given your efforts in escalating this claim for decision, noting ALL your queries have been fully covered as requested. I have indicated I must escalate this from tomorrow as I am particularly concerned about the lack of communication and transparency with our claim, let alone the totally unreasonable timeframes even allowing for current COVID pressures.
I do hope someone can reach out to me by tomorrow with something concrete to avoid a tedious set of external processes that I will otherwise need to initiate that will not help your back-log, nor reputation. It almost seems as though, other than you, no-one at TICK is remotely interested in customer service, nor procedural fairness in finalising our claim. Over to you again please Anna? Regards Chris Wall

Anthony
Anthony

Given the unique circumstances of the COVID-19, the Tick Insurance travel policy is grossly unfair in not providing a full refund or full credit. I first submitted a request and lodged a complaint with Tick in March. Heard nothing back and is currently in the hands of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). ACCC is another option.

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Chris, I escalated your case again earlier today, and forwarded your full comments to show the team that would will escalate this externally if you don't receive contact by tomorrow, to try and get you a response ahead of close of business tomorrow. I hope you get a response and a good outcome. Thanks, Anna

Chris W.

Thank you again Anna. That is all I am seeking, as any escalation is really neither in my interests, nor TICK Insurance. In a mail tonight from the claims officer, I am advised he has finalised the claim and sent it to the management team for a decision. I have asked how long this part is expected to take, however your advice hopefully may resolve this. Regards Chris

Dave

Daveasked

RE Policy No MS/TK/305144/24641810
Hi all like yourself s i also tried to get a refund due to Covid Virus
I have sent emails but kept coming back refused tried calling them no chance as well
I even tried various time with Different contacts from Tick and was given same answer someone will get back to me
I also sent a message to Canstar to ask how they can rate them so highly with all the poor reviews But again still waiting as well

PeterC
PeterC

They were well rated by Choice which is why I considered them, but I see now they have slipped way down the list at Choice

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Dave, I have followed up with your via private message to let you know about an option we now have available that may be applicable to you. Thanks, Anna

Peter Reid

Peter Reidasked

Tick Travel Insurance

Policy No MS/TK/305144/24695552: Paid for premium travel insurance for a trip to Thailand, which has been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic travel ban. My request for a refund or credit against another trip has been rejected, which I am in a state of disbelief at, as we have used Tick Insurance several times now, and never even made one claim. In my opinion, your position on this matter is untenable, particularly as many other insurers are doing the right thing by their customers, which is the best way of ensuring goodwill for business going into the future, post the pandemic. Please explain to me why Tick Insurance feel that it is appropriate to just dismiss peoples' claims outright, or maybe in a few rare cases offer a feeble 25% credit? At this stage I am considering my options through the relevant ombudsman, or may pursue the case through the various media options, such as Current Affair, or Neil Mitchell's prime time radio show on 3AW. Name: Peter Reid Email: rebabarrels@hotmail.com Date: 17/5/20

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Peter, I'm afraid in this instance, I would recommend you contact complaints@tickinsurance.com.au so that your complaint can be formally lodged, and your case can be assessed. Thanks, Anna

belinda

belindaasked

International

I have tick travel insurance, I have a cruises and flight booked for Hong Kong, from and to Australia, but because of the covid 19 I have been informed the travel will be canceled as of covid, I have applied to tick for a refund or a change of travel requirements when needed, but no they have no compassion, as they said I will not get a refund and I will lose all my money,?? Is this fair and right, If so I will never get insurance from them again, It's just so wrong and cruel, and appalling. I am a disability pensioner and all of my retirement money went on this holiday and insurance, all I want is to have the credit there so I can change the travel dates.

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Belinda, I'm genuinely very sorry about the situation you're in, and the experience you've had so far, and I'd like to help. I will follow up with you via private message to discuss an option that is available to you. Thanks, Anna

Dell laphamasked

Tick Travel Insurance

Hi, my travel insurance is Tick ,my tour was cancelled because of the corona virus,to rebook the same tour same time next year I need to pay another $600 each,my husband and myself.is this covered by my Tick travel insurance.policy 23400768. All emails are undelivered mail and there website links will not connect.i have asked for a premium refund ,told no.thanks

Helen B.
Helen B.

I have the same problem, I certainly wouldn't give them any more money and I definitely will not insure with them again. BTW they don't answer the phone either.

L.B.

I had a response following my post here. They donot have as much compassion as many other organisations. Understandably everyone is working out things on the run. All my bookings for travel and accom will be refunded within 3-20 weeks. I contacted them to say wanted a refund - response was you had 14 days after purchase. Since then you can go onsite and apply for a “goodwill credit minus a fee” I had top cover. I am now awaiting confirmation and details. Only organisation I have dealt with that did not eventually progress to the point they gave a full refund. We all have long memories

Dell lapham

I had another look,the goodwill credit will give me a credit of a quarter of the value of my premium paid that can then be used on another policy at a later date.

Paul B.asked

Tick Travel Insurance

What is the latest regarding allowing paid insurance to be carried over to a future date rather than loosing the monies paid.

L.B.

I had contact with them today. They tell you their offer is “good will” and they are not obligated to do anything. But you can get a part credit. I had top cover and would have preferred a full refund or a full credit towards my next trip. What they are offering is a partial credit to use by a set date. It was the only part of my trip that I did not get a full refund Good luck hope it goes well

Paul B.

Thank you L.B. Tick havn't even bothered to reply, so doesn't say much does it.

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Paul, sorry for the delay, I check this daily but unfortunately, I just missed your comment yesterday. I will send you a private message follow up. Thanks, Anna

llee

lleeasked

Tick Travel Insurance

Hi, I am wondering if I need to submit all claims for cover-19 at once? Can I submit claims individually when the documentation is received or do I need to wait on each company to provide their forms and submit together? Thanks,

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Llee, I would submit your claim for all expenses in one go when you have all documents. We understand that currently it's taking longer than normal to get the appropriate documents from providers, so we can accomodate a longer timeline for your claim. Please contact the claims team to let them know you would like to lodge a claim, and tell them how long it will be before you anticipate receiving all of the documents you will need to claim. Thanks, Anna

Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Anna (Customer Support), Our claim reference number is: 120008102. You have previously helped me to get a response from your claims team. Since then, the claims officer asked me to ‘re-send’ information and documents that had already been included in our claim and mailed as the information came to hand. I was also asked to re-send all this in one mail. I did this a day later on 29 April and asked again for confirmation of receipt. To date I have still had no response. Other than your efforts, we hear nothing back. I have now recovered over 85% of the original exposure through my own efforts. The balance of the claim is very simple to process and settle. One issue is that the claims officer indicated you may not pay out on two airfares (TAP Air Portugal and Air France) as they offered vouchers for non refundable cancellations. Your PDS requires clients to take all ‘reasonable’ steps to recover costs. In this case acceptance of a time limited voucher (April and May 2021 respectively) is not a reasonable solution as it is not legal for any Australian to travel at the time of claiming due to an ‘Indefinite Travel Ban’. We would also no longer be covered by our policy with you if we had accepted a voucher. This is a key point of principle noting the ACCC advice on refunds vs vouchers and the current legal class action on this very topic. I have asked the claims officer to reconsider these two items in our claim due to those circumstances being more than reasonable as we have no choice but to seek a claim given the voucher approach is worthless and currently illegal to use. My other two claim items have all the information required as requested. I would prefer it if you can try to resolve this with our claims officer rather than me escalating to your complaints team and, if necessary, to the relevant external agencies. As others have indicated, this is the time we need insurance providers to support us. Other than through your intervention I have had no communication since submitting our claim on 29 March, and then it was just to request documents I had already sent. Enough is enough, I have been very responsive and courteous, however I am being tested now and will take further action unless this is sorted this week. Kind regards Christopher Wall

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Christopher, I'm very sorry about the delays you've been experiencing, and I will definitely follow up on your case. I have just escalated your case, and forwarded your comments above to clarify your position to our team, and I have made it very clear that you require an update ASAP. If you do not hear back by Friday, please reach out to me so I can further escalate your case. Thanks, Anna

Chris W.

Dear Anna, Further to your message a couple of days ago asking me to reach out to you again if I had not heard anything back about our claim, I can confirm noone has provided me with an update since my last mail to the claims officer on 29 Apr, despite you escalating this matter. Should I hear from anyone at TICK this afternoon I will let you know. Given I provided everything that was requested and there are now only four simple items remaining on this claim my expectation is that it must now be finalised. If you need to escalate further internally, as you have indicated, please do so and please also provide me with a specific timeframe for resolution as we now enter six weeks since the claim was submitted. Kind regards Christopher Wall

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Chris, my apologies for this extended delay. I have just escalated your case with the right people, and if you haven't receive a reply by Friday, please let me know, and I will continue to follow this up until you get an update. Thanks, Anna

billshep

billshepasked

Tick Travel Insurance

As I am unable to travel can I get a refund if my policy costs. Policy purchased in November 2019 for travel from 15 June to 1 August 2020

graham
graham

You probably won't get a credit or refund off Tick travel insurance. Just remember next time you book travel insurance check ACCC website. They will inform you of better insurance companies that are giving refunds. Stay away from Tick and insureandgo

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Bill, I have just followed up on your question via private message. Thanks, Anna

Philip Baramasked

Standard

Re: Policy Number MS/TK/305143/24935700
Paid for this policy on 4 March 2021: am I ever going to get a refund on this cancelled policy?

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Philip, I'm afraid that we are not offering refunds on policies outside of the 14 day cooling off period. In terms of next steps, I would advise you to send your policy number to complaints@tickinsurance.com.au. This is our official channel for complaints, and your complaint will be formally lodged, and your refund request will be investigated. I'm genuinely very sorry about the inconvenience and frustration this must be causing. Thanks, Anna

Philip Baram

Thank you Anna J for your three nonsensical replies. Not only was my cancellation within the prescribed period I was referring to the reply from [Name Removed] of Tick on 27 March 2020 that stated that my 'request # 327938 has been solved' and that my refund would be deposited into the account from which I had paid Tick.
Is Tick going to rip-off two aged pensioners forced to cancel their proposed trip because of the Government's clamp-down on aged people's travel as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic?

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Philip, I can only see messages you post here on Product Review, and I don't have access to any information you have provided to anyone else through other channels. Now you have given me context on your case, I can follow up for you. Thanks, Anna

Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Tick Insurance Team, you received our claim by post on 30 Mar. (Claim No. 120008102) for cancelled overseas travel due to our Government’s ‘Do Not Travel’ advice effective from 18 Mar. We have the top cover and took out our policy on 29 Oct 19 for travel from 16 Apr - 03 Jun 20. While we appreciate this is a busy time for everyone during the COVID 19 crisis, we are not even getting a response to my mails (09 and 16 Apr) to you where we are advising additional refunds and waivers we have secured since submitting our claim. On 09 Apr we were advised by you that a claims manager would be in touch, but to date we’ve had no contact by mail or phone, let alone any indication of a likely processing time, noting 10 days is your normal standard for completing a claim, and you have so far had our claim for 21 days. In order to avoid us escalating this due to no response to date, can someone from Tick Insurance please action my mails and give us some indication of your current processing delays by mail or phone.
Regards Christopher & Paula Wall

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Chris, I'm very sorry for the delays you're experiencing, and I'd like to help by following this up for you. Could you please send me a private message (in order to protect your privacy) with your policy number, so I can investigate this for you? Thanks, Anna

Chris W.

Thank you Anna, but what are your contact details for a PM? Alternatively, you have my claim number in the above query - I would hope you can also follow up with that? Regards Chris Wall

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Chris, my apologies for the oversight, I can confirm that I will be able to follow up using your claim number. Thanks, Anna

Kira Dasked

Tick Travel Insurance

Are the cost of repair quotes covered? I have been told they are not and given all apple stores are currently closed, apple certified resellers charge around $100-$200 for a repair quote which I cannot afford if in the end the claim is denied especially after my claim for the fee I paid to recover data on my phone was denied.

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Kira, thanks for reaching out.

You may be able to claim for the cost of repairing a damaged item, assuming the policy you purchased offers this cover. You will need to provide a receipt for the repair cost, and I can't comment on whether it would need to be repaired by Apple, or an authorised repair shop. Also, you should factor in the excess payable on your policy. This may be $0-$200 depending on which excess you selected. The best thing to do would be to submit a claim. The below link provides the information you will need to submit a claim:

I hope this helps. Thanks, Anna

Hi Anna,
I have the top cover of insurance with the no excess option. I initially submitted a claim for the cost of data loss due to water damage when my phone unfortunately fell. I have been denied that claim because apparently data repair is not covered even though the loss was due to water damage that did not occur in ‘baggage’ instead when it fell hence there is also a cracked screen. I submitted a receipt for that which left me $650 out of pocket because apparently that’s not covered which I think is quite unfair. I do not want to spend an extra $185 for a repair quote or whatever the repair cost would be if again you guys will deny that.

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Kira, I understand your concerns, but unfortunately, as I'm not part of the claims team, I'm not able to comment on what the outcome of your claim would be, as I'm not qualified to do so. The only way to get an absolute answer to your question would be to submit a claim, and see what the outcome of your claim is. Thanks, Anna

Vicki

Vickiasked

Hi,
I purchased Top cover on 14 October 2019 for travel on 12 September 2020. My policy number is 24187405. If my trip is cancelled due to Covid-19 will I be covered for cancellation costs?
Many thanks
Vicki

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Vicki, as things currently stand, the government travel restrictions extend until 17th of June. This means claims for travel after that date are not yet cancelled due to the current government travel restriction. So whilst you are free to submit a claim now, it may not be successful for the above reason. Another option would be to wait and see if the government travel restrictions are extended out to at least 12th September, because if that was to happen, you could make a claim, rightly citing the reason for cancellation as the government travel restrictions. I hope this helps. Thanks, Anna

Get an answer from our members and Tick Travel Insurance representatives