Tick Travel Insurance

Tick Travel Insurance (page 3 of 80)

International, Domestic
3.9 from 1,585 reviews

3.9

1,585 reviews

Time to lodge a class action with the Industry Ombudsman

As with other reviews this is one of the only companies not offering full refunds for travel cancelled due to Covid. Contact the complaints line and ombudsman together everyone to get a result.

DeborahHunter Region, NSW

Disgusting!

They would not refund our cover because our cooling off period had expired! How ridiculous. We paid in full three months before an international travel ban was put in place from the Australian Government due to the Pandemic.

Kimalin

Kimalin

Feel Cheated

This company has kept my payment for travel insurance even though they are not providing me a service due to travel restrictions and cancellations caused by COVID 19 pandemic. No option to use at a later date. Seems fraudulent to me.

Find out how Tick Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

They kept my money for a service not provided

Our cruise and flights to the cruise and back were cancelled because of COVID-19 and level 4 travel ban. Tick Travel Insurance refused to allow us to cancel our travel insurance and took our money for a service that they have not provided, although we had absolutely no control over the cancellation of our travel.

Lisa J.

Lisa J.Perth, WA

No compassion

Company refuses to refund travel insurance despite travel bans caused by Carona virus. Insurance was purchased last year before Carona Virus existed. At a time when people are put of work and need assistance this shows a complete disregard towards people.

DO NOT USE TICK

DO NOT USE TICK EVER!!! You only have to look at previous reviews to see how bad this company is. Emailed them about cancelling policy over 3 weeks ago 29th march as trip was cancelled for mid april. It took until the 20th of april for them to get back to me to let me know i was now outside the window to make a claim. 3 WEEKS FOR 1 EMAIL, and now conveniently im unable to make a claim. But its truly amazing when i emailed them back yesterday they gotten back to me within 1 DAY. I find that unbelievable. There are a few words to describe companies like this. JOKE

Jane EGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Will not refund premium paid or give credit for future travel

Unable to travel due to Corona Virus - understand re claims as booked too late - Tick will not refund my premium paid (Top cover) or provide a credit. Contacted complaints department 3 weeks ago - still no response.
Very unhappy and would not recommend this company.

DebraWestern Australia

Tick are an absolute nightmare and do everything possible not to process a claim

WA - you send them the same info multiple times and they can't even be bothered to read it. Instead they delay your claim, multiple time' by coming back multiple times and asking for the information you've already provided them - multiple times. To have the person processing the claim say they have no access to my submitted claim or my original email sounds like a lie. Border line criminal. They do not respect their own contract.

jane teeuws

jane teeuwsFar North Queensland, QLD

i use to use Tick Insurance Australia never again

wanted to Cancel a current Travel Insurance due to the Corona Vid cause i couldn’t travel so i called Tick insurance they said i wasn’t allowed to claim only wanted to cancel the policy or a credit note very disappointing

Bailey N.

Bailey N.

Absolutely no help in a difficult time

We were caught in Thailand during the Covid 19 crisis. We had purchased travel insurance in 2019 and Australia closed borders while we were in Thailand. We had multiple flights cancelled and had to cut our trip short by a week to be able to get home. Not only could we not contact tick from overseas, once we got home they refused to cover any costs we had incurred. The service people are friendly, but they offered no help and we ended up thousands of dollars out of pocket. Will never insure with tick again.

Dont tick this mob

Have used tick insurance a few times now, but when emailing recently because of cancelled Bali trip, my message was not delivered because the return address was refused. Tried again same result.

HoodyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Avoiding Responsibility

Hoody

Thankyou so much Anna for your response on this matter, so greatly appreciated, how do i private msg you ? Hoping this policy number will reach you [Number Removed] Kind Regards

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Hoody, I have chased this up with the relevant people and they should be in touch with you soon. If you need help with anything else, please private message me here on Product Review and I will assist in any way I can. Thanks, Anna

Vicki

VickiFar North Queensland, QLD

Will never use them again

I purchased my insurance policy for Bali almost 12 months ago. I sent them an email on 23 March as I was due to fly out on 3 April asking if I could get a credit and refund and received an email today advising No to both. This COVID-19 is out of everyone control. Never had any issues with them before until this situation.

Unable to get ANY proper response from Tick

I purchased TOP cover with Tick for a trip to Europe in July. I submitted my claim on 18/4/2020 with all necessary documents.

I have since been given 3 different dates when I would hear from them (supposedly 10 business days) which they then extended after I followed up. I have sent multiple emails with no response. I have also called multiple times to speak with a manager and I am told somebody will call me but they never do.

Tick has not provided me any service and have not provided what I have paid for.

Michelle R.
Michelle R.

Hi Anna, how do I private message you?

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Michelle, I can confirm I received your private message, and I have replied. Thanks, Anna

Balijo

BalijoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rip off company

I have used tick insurance many times as I travel a lot, never had to claim and have recommended them to many people. Not anymore. At the beginning of January way before any talk of Corona, I took out insurance for a Bali trip in June. My trip has been cancelled and I have rebooked for December. I emailed tick and asked if I could change the dates on my insurance, same destination, same length if time. They flat out refused. I had to reschedule a holiday a few years back and the insurance company I used were happy to change the dates for me. It's no skin off their nose, I just want to change the dates. They've lost me as a customer and I will never recommend them to anyone, way to go tick.

EmjayBrisbane

Do not purchase insurance through this company!

I contacted Tick to request a refund of my policy as my cruise has been cancelled and the insurance is now absolutely useless to me.

Tick refused to refund me saying that it’s after their 14 day cooling off period. I realise that but out of goodwill I would have thought they would consider a refund.

I have read so many wonderful stories about other insurance companies giving refunds to their clients well after the cooling off period.

I will never purchase insurance through this company and I will make sure my family, friends, friends of friends and anyone else needing insurance will never use this company.

What exactly have you done with my money Tick?

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Emjay, I'm very sorry that you are in this situation. If you contact complaints@tickinsurance.com.au with your policy number, and your complaint will be formally lodged and investigated. I hope this helps. Thanks, Anna

I will email them.
Im quite certain that your complaints team is going to give me the exact same answer. I will update my post when I receive a reply from complaints.
Whether it be good or bad!

JennyMid North Coast, NSW

Totally unfair

Have used Tick for all our domestic travel.
Got our cover 29th January for travel to Perth 2nd July.
Now all flights cancelled and no travel!
Told there were no refunds or deferral, how unfair is that when it is out of your control.
Had insurance with another company for international travel in May they had no problem.
Not happy with tick
Very unreasonable.

Jenny

Yes, have already done that and it just rebounds, maybe you could pass on our request no 343262
Just seem to be getting the runaround,
totally unacceptable.

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Jenny, apologies for the inconvenience. I will follow up on your case. Thanks, Anna

wabomberboy

wabomberboyPerth, WA

Warning warning warning avoid avoid avoid. Zero stars.

JanSouth East Queensland, QLD

RIP OFF COMPANY...AVOID

This company is a money grabbing rip off.I purchased travel insurance on 3/1/2020 for a cruise out of of Singapore on 25/2/2020. The cruise was cancelled on 20/2/2020. I put in a claim for cancelled airfares immediately. On 9/4/2020 , after numerous emails to Tick I received an email declining my claim. Do not deal with this company as they will find any excuse to decline your claim!

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Jan, I'm sorry that your claim didn't have the expected outcome. If you contact complaints@tickinsurance.com.au with your policy number, and your complaint will be formally lodged and investigated. I hope this helps. Thanks, Anna

Jan

Stupidly I have lodged a complaint. Am not expecting a different outcome. Will post outcome in due course.

Michael M

Michael MMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Full settlement of Tick Insurance Claim

Flyinfish

Flyinfishasked

Tick Travel Insurance

Is Tick giving credit/refund on unused policies due to Covid-19 cancelled travel? I have contacted them several times, was always told no. Filed a complaint and have had no reply. Other insurance companies are doing the right thing.

Anthony S.asked

Tick Travel Insurance - Top

Hi Anna, took out top travel insurance on 5/9/19 for travel to Europe between 8/6/20 - 11/7/2020, Policy MS/TK305144123939609, Customer service request 359931.

We requested a pro-rata credit on our travel insurance premium of $1981.05, a huge premium,(over 75’s & pre-existing condition) we love travelling, so have to pay a high price for cover. We have Not cancelled the policy, government restrictions due to the virus prevent us from travel. May 29th email from customer service, we were advised that as a gesture of goodwill, Tick would consider a pro-rata credit with no admin or cancellation fees for all single trip policy holders who have NOT MADE A CLAIM due to the impact of Covid-19. June 1st email, refund was declined! Why is this?. We will NOT be making any claims on this policy, all our travel providers have refunded 100% of our travel costs.
Insurance must be “Fit for Purpose” under the Fair Trading Legislation, since we cannot travel, the policy is no longer “Fit for Purpose” therefore we feel we are entitled to a reasonable refund.
This is a good time to show customer support and demonstrate goodwill at these difficult times to your customers

keith forsyth
keith forsyth

Disgraceful customer service by tick definitely will not use them again

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Anthony, I am not sure why your request for a credit was denied, but I would like to help you with this. I investigate and update you on this tomorrow. Thanks, Anna

Anthony S.

Thank you Anna, hope to get a favourable reply.

Arthurasked

Tick Travel Insurance

Are Tick Travel Insurance and Insure and Go affiliated ???

Taylor
Taylor

sorry , not sure.

Arthur

Sent a claim to Tick but got a reply from Insure and Go!

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Arthur, yes, we are both underwritten by Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company and operate under Mapfre Assistance. Thanks, Anna

Get an answer from our members and Tick Travel Insurance representatives