Tick Travel Insurance

Tick Travel Insurance (page 4 of 80)

International, Domestic

They're The Cheapest Travel Insurance Around - But There's A Reason They Are

Andy Herring

Andy HerringRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Never again with TICK

Coronavirus prevented all travel but no refund from TICK , and no desire to communicate, but happy to take my money, just money grabbers , extremely disappointed in their attitude and not reasonable because of this worldwide pandemic , what other more valid reason could there be to cancel my policy and ask for a refund

A happy customer

This is the third time I have used Tick Travel and I think it is good value for money it was a lot cheaper than other policies I checked out, I did make a claim and was fully paid out with no argument although it took a little longer than first stated

Nicole

NicoleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do not book insurance with this mob!!!

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Nicole, I'm sorry for the experience you've had, and I understand your frustration. I would encourage you to email complaints@tickinsurance.com.au and the team will lodge your complaint formally and investigate your case. Thanks, Anna

Dave S.Sydney, NSW

AVOID AVOID

Ripoff insurer. Covid virus..so my airline refunds me the fare. My Tick Travel Insurance? oh no, we have your money. Go away!!!!!!! Incredible response in the circumstances. Will never use again.

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Dave, I'm sorry that we weren't able to help here, and I understand that it is a frustrating experience. As a next steo for your complaint, I would recommend you email your policy number to complaints@tickinsurance.com.au.Thanks, Anna

Dave S.

Sorry, not interested in further correspondence.

Migelantonio

Migelantonio

No support with the COVID19 Virus situation

Melinda

MelindaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Buyer Beware, Don't Use Tick Insurance!!

Graham WilkinsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

I do not recommend this travel insurance

Booked my travel insurance with them for my trip to Japan in May. Trip cancelled through no fault of our own. Asked for a refund. They said NO. How businesses treat others during this crisis will be remembered after the crisis has passed.... ie we won’t be back!

Carolyn K.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Underhanded dishonest company

Unable to travel due to a total travel ban but they will not allow you to cancel and will not refund the policy . No information on their website since February and they do not respond to all questions on emails . I feel this is dishonest and not a good way to run a business though they must be laughing as they keep everyone’s money . DO NOT PURCHASE.

Carolyn K.

Thanks Anna . Appreciate that . How do I send you a private message?

Hi Carolyn, please reply to the private message I just sent you. Thanks, Anna

Adam E.

Adam E.South East Queensland, QLD

Ripped Off

Same situation & experience. Totally unethical and I Australian.

I took out insurance On 4/2/2020 for a trip to Bali, due to corona virus our trip was cancelled and out of our control , asked Tick for a refund on premium only to be told could not refund premium as it is outside 14 day cooling off period, surely this would not apply to the current circumstances. Tick insurance are only interested in taking your money nothing else. We are all in this together Tick Travel Insurance.

Will never use or recommend ever again!!!

DianneMid North Coast, NSW

Don’t use Tick for travel insurance

Taken out insurance On 29/2/2020 for a trip to Bali, due to corona virus our trip was cancelled and out of our control , asked Tick for a refund on premium only to be told could not refund premium as it is outside 14 day cooling off period, surely this would not apply to the current circumstances. Tick insurance are only interested in taking your money nothing else. We are all in this together Tick Travel Insurance.

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Dianne, I'm sorry for the experience you've had, and I understand your frustration. I would encourage you to email complaints@tickinsurance.com.au and the team will lodge your complaint formally and investigate your case. Thanks, Anna

Dianne

Tried to send email of complaint to this address but does not go through , also tried to send to your customer service department to forward onto complaints department that email also bounced back with could not deliver.

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Dianne, if you send me your policy number via private message here on Product Review, I can help you lodge your complaint. Thanks, Anna

Change travel dates of policy - no customer service answer

GCW

Terrible communication and service

Marion

MarionSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still Waiting

What worries me is that you take out Top Travel insurance and think you are covered, but now that we have this coronavirus level 4 cannot travel, we shall see the true colours of insurance companies. I have put in a request for a refund for 2 accommodations in Bali and have given the insurance company copies of passport, health care card information, also copies of the accommodation with a letter from us requesting a refund from the accommodation. This was all requested by Tick insurance which I have emailed to them. Hope they come to the party of giving us a refund.
Marion.

WilsonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Scam and misleading

Lodge claim but nill result. Before I purchased the insurance, there is nothing mentioned about covid19 on their website around mid to end february, their website backdated with covid19 rules and anything purchase after 31 january you will not be able to claim. This is scam - anyone wants to buy please take screenshot their website. they will use all ways to avoid the claim.

JeanieSydney Surrounds, NSW

They just pocket the money

Paid for top cover for myself and husband for our overseas trip in Early January 2020
But as a level 4 travel restriction in place due to corona virus We cannot travel and when I asked for a refund on my policy they refused saying no refunds and no credit
So they just pocket the money and offer nothing for it
Never again will I insure with this company

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Jeanie, I'm sorry for the experience you've had, and I understand your frustration. I would encourage you to email complaints@tickinsurance.com.au and the team will lodge your complaint formally and investigate your case. Thanks, Anna

I have done this

Dan

DanCaulfield

Poor customer service and a bunch of Liars

They take forever to respond for starters and they are a typical insurer who will do anything to get out of paying. I booked insurance before the coronavirus was deemed an pandemic and wanted to claim for my cancelled flights etc but they lie and say that on their site at that point it said they're not covering for the virus and that I would have had to have clicked to confirm that I understand this which is completely false. I should have gone with my normal insurers. Don't waste your money.

Graham WilkinsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Will never insure with them again. Bad sevice

I booked insurance with them 30 August 2019 for my trip to Japan in May. Because of the Corona Virus i was forced to cancel my trip. My flight and all accommodations have been cancelled and refunded.

Today i rang the insurance to request a refund for the money i paid them and was told No they do not give Refund. WHY. You buy something in a shop and you can return it if not used and get full refund. I am not going on my trip and will not use the insurance, so why are not giving the refund at a time like this.

Why should we booked with you again. Can we trust you. NO.

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Graham, I'm very sorry that you are in this situation. If you contact complaints@tickinsurance.com.au with your policy number, and your complaint will be formally lodged and investigated. I hope this helps. Thanks, Anna

LyndalGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unsympathetic company

Recent trip cancelled due to COVID-19 and this company will not allow refunds on policies or postponement due to worldwide lock down. Whilst I am putting my life on the line working in an Emergency department potentially being exposed to COVID19, these crooks are sitting back counting the COVID cash. Shame on you Tick, absolute shame.

Flyinfish

Flyinfishasked

Tick Travel Insurance

Is Tick giving credit/refund on unused policies due to Covid-19 cancelled travel? I have contacted them several times, was always told no. Filed a complaint and have had no reply. Other insurance companies are doing the right thing.

Anthony S.asked

Tick Travel Insurance - Top

Hi Anna, took out top travel insurance on 5/9/19 for travel to Europe between 8/6/20 - 11/7/2020, Policy MS/TK305144123939609, Customer service request 359931.

We requested a pro-rata credit on our travel insurance premium of $1981.05, a huge premium,(over 75’s & pre-existing condition) we love travelling, so have to pay a high price for cover. We have Not cancelled the policy, government restrictions due to the virus prevent us from travel. May 29th email from customer service, we were advised that as a gesture of goodwill, Tick would consider a pro-rata credit with no admin or cancellation fees for all single trip policy holders who have NOT MADE A CLAIM due to the impact of Covid-19. June 1st email, refund was declined! Why is this?. We will NOT be making any claims on this policy, all our travel providers have refunded 100% of our travel costs.
Insurance must be “Fit for Purpose” under the Fair Trading Legislation, since we cannot travel, the policy is no longer “Fit for Purpose” therefore we feel we are entitled to a reasonable refund.
This is a good time to show customer support and demonstrate goodwill at these difficult times to your customers

keith forsyth
keith forsyth

Disgraceful customer service by tick definitely will not use them again

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Anthony, I am not sure why your request for a credit was denied, but I would like to help you with this. I investigate and update you on this tomorrow. Thanks, Anna

Anthony S.

Thank you Anna, hope to get a favourable reply.

Arthurasked

Tick Travel Insurance

Are Tick Travel Insurance and Insure and Go affiliated ???

Taylor
Taylor

sorry , not sure.

Arthur

Sent a claim to Tick but got a reply from Insure and Go!

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Arthur, yes, we are both underwritten by Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company and operate under Mapfre Assistance. Thanks, Anna

Get an answer from our members and Tick Travel Insurance representatives