Tic:Toc Home Loans

Tic:Toc Home Loans

Veronica

VeronicaSydney, NSW

Helpful Customer Service

As a first home buyer I was quite nervous about taking on this process without a broker but the staff at Tic:Toc have been really helpful and there is heaps of info available on their website to help you through each step.

Carl Sorheim

Carl Sorheim

Great home loan provider

This was our first home loan and TicToc was as easy as friendly as I think is possible to be for a mortgage provider. We opted not to give access to our online bank, meaning the process had to be handled manually, which naturally slowed everything down. That said, we anticipated this, and TicToc were super easy to get in touch with and get help from. After settlement, TicToc called to talk us through everything and explain bits we might've otherwise missed. Super impressed and we highly recommend it.

Bailey U.Tic:Toc

Hi Carl, thanks for taking the time to share your Tic:Toc experience. We're so glad you found us friendly, easy, and straight-forward! Congratulations on the house, and welcome to Tic:Toc! ~ Bailey

Nick p

Nick pPerth, WA

Super helpfull

Super fast and easy process. Any time I need help was only a couple rings away, not waiting on the line getting passed around, always straight onto someone. Also the lowest rate going. no brainer .Highly recommend.

Assaf and Daniel

Assaf and DanielGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Quick and professional application process

We submitted the application on 23/12, approved on 4/1/21! Stephen Cooper assessed our application on 24/12. All questions were thoroughly answered. Very positive and relaxing experience which made the process a bit less stressful for us.

ldo

ldoSydney, NSW

So happy to be with Tic:Toc

Melissa B.Tic:Toc
Ziggy

Ziggy

Extremely fast process

Just secured my home loan with Tic Toc, extremely fast process and the team were pleasant and happy to help. I was a little nervous putting down 7 day finance terms of my offer but a big thanks to Rachel who got my finance approved within 2 days. A little worried about the reviews of them not passing on the rate cuts that new customers receive though..

Loan Start DateDecember 2020

JoyMelbourne

Did not pass on the RBA rate cut.

Two continuous RBA rate cuts was not passed on to the existing customers. When contacted I was told that their funder decided not to pass on the recent RBA cut. This was the reply for the previous rate cut as well.

Very disappointing for otherwise a great home loan experts. I am planning to move on to other lenders where they offer 0.65% lower than I have now with TicToc.

Dereck

DereckPerth, WA

Just another bunch of check box ticker's

Andrew

AndrewSydney, NSW

Great value loan, approval process smooth

Great low rate and offset account features.
We had a pre-approval from our regular bank but then switched after signing the contract.
Easy process, took 11 days from start to approval.
Will update this review once settled.

Loan Start DateNovember 2020

Find out how Tic:Toc Home Loans compares to other Home Loans

Inefficient service, had to go elsewhere

RedDogSydney, NSW

The team at Tictoc were great to deal with, BUT...

The team were responsive via email and chat to assist in filling out home loan paperwork.
Costs were as quoted - no surprises. No issues, with the service or the team. Great product. Update Nov 2020- Their Variable rate loan doesn't follow RBA Rate cuts. Not really variable Rate..! TicToc's repsonse is that only new customers get the RBA rate. Beware if your a new customer as Tictoc / Adelaide/Bendigo bank havent been passing on rate cuts - which is very disappointing that due they arent willing to help their customers kick start the economy during the pandemic..

Loan Start DateMarch 2020
RedDog

Hi Bailey, I have revised my review due to recent stance on not passing on RBA rate cuts.

Bailey U.Tic:Toc

Good service and explained in simple terms

Rachel was helpful in asking for additional documents that we needed, and all other correspondence has been clear in explaining the terms of the loan and what could be offered.

Loan Start DateSeptember 2020

Great Application Process

I was pleasantly surprised at how stress free the home loan application process has been with Tic:Toc! I was able to enter most of my details digitally which saved a lot of time. Aaron was assigned to review my application and he was fantastic to work with. He was very prompt in phoning/emailing and keeping me updated and answering my questions. Rosne was also super helpful when we spoke many times over the chat. I also like that they show the interest rate existing customers are paying.

From application to approval took less than 3 days!

Loan Start DateSeptember 2020

A RoySydney

"All that glitters is not gold"

A Roy

Thank you Bailey. Tictoc is probably "best" if someone has more than 20% deposit, in my view. I know you are very busy. I do not want to waste any more of your time. Please help others. G'd day.

Jazam

JazamVictoria

Horrendous application time and a monkey to assess the loan

I am finance manager at a car dealership and have been in the industry for 4 years and i would not recommend tic toc to my worst enemy . I had to follow up everytime i needed and update , loan was not approved and i still dont know the exact reason. got pre approval with other bank .im not sure if tic tok doesnt have the best results for commision based income or its the worst bank ever. They advertise cheap rates so i applied and all i now have is an inqury on my credit file.

Loan Start DateJuly 2020

Lizm

LizmGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The lender for today

Matthew

MatthewGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The best lenders to deal with

Super simple and cost effective! I didn't need to mess around taking documents to Australia Post or deal with outdated IT systems. Everything about tic toc is sleek and streamlined. I would highly recommend. A shout out to Aaron for being so easy to deal with too!

Kailash C

Kailash CSydney Surrounds, NSW

Avoid like the 2019 COVID plague

joe

joeSouthwest, VIC

Well well,

good loan company i only issue i have with them is that they use the old school eftpos card for the offset account which you cant pay for anythin over the phone with it, use the paywave/paypass function to protect yourself from coronavirus that might be lurking on the eftpos machine... if they changed the card issue they have , i would give them 5 stars. until then... they get 4 stars.

Loan Start DateMarch 2020
Avinash M

Avinash MGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great rates but average application process

Customer service was great but felt let down by their application/approval process. Had to manually submit over 10 different documents despite their claims of "saving time" and "automated approvals".

The point that frustrated us the most was being asked repeatedly to submit my wife's credit card statement when she was locked out of her internet banking and neither could we request a password reset as the bank's offshore team in Manila was closed due to COVID restrictions.

You do have to wonder why we had to answer approximately 10 different queries when our LVR was close to 30% with a combined household income of $200k+.

Loan Start DateMay 2020

SA-PR

SA-PRasked

I have 2 investment properties in one of the fasted growing Suburbs in Australia, that I wish to refinance.

Aintree 3336 VIC

This area used to be Rockbank 3335, and the local government decided to call it by a new name - Aintree 3336 recently.

Now you lend for 3335 and NOT for 3336 (which essentially is the same area)

Any chance you can ask the relevant people to look into this please.

Bailey U.Tic:Toc

Hi SA-PR, thanks for your excellent question.

Since 3336 is a newer postcode, I have asked our funder for clarification as to whether 3336 is intentionally excluded from our list of serviceable areas, or if it has been mistakenly excluded. We can't lend to all areas within Australia as some fall outside of our risk appetite. Typically we can only lend to capital cities and major regional centres.

When I receive an update from our funder I will update you ASAP. For the time being, we are unfortunately not in a position to consider this postcode.

I hope this helps answer your question. Thanks ~ Bailey

Vscarf10

Vscarf10asked

Hi Tic Toc
I’m an existing customer and noticed that you are offering an interest rate of 2.33% for variable with offset account, however my existing loan is almost .50% higher. Any reason why you don’t look after your existing customers with same rate?

Given that its a no frills service where I have never needed to contact you and you have never contacted me since the start of my loan, I’m not sure why I should be slugged with a considerable % difference, after all I refinanced to you for this very reason where my previous lender felt that I should be treated less favourably than potential borrowers.

I dont think its good business to treat some customers more favourably than others as someone will always feel that they are being taken advantage of by having to pay more interest than others with no additional benefits for doing so.

Bailey U.Tic:Toc

Hi Vscarf10, thanks for your question.

Think of it like this – when you get a Tic:Toc loan, we’ve locked in a ‘price’ with our funder (Bendigo and Adelaide Bank) at a point in time, which is reflected in your interest rate.

When we have a new variable rate offer for new customers, it means we’ve been able to lock in a lower price with our funder. It doesn’t change the price we secured for your loan. And not all offers are linked to cash rate movements.

So, having a lower rate for new customers doesn’t mean we’re making more money off our loyal customers to pay for the discount – because we don’t believe in that. It means our funder has been able to give us a better price at that specific time.

At some point, our funder may actually increase the price they’ve agreed with us, which means the rates offered to new customers will go up. And some existing customers will be better off.

When there’s an RBA cash rate cut and our funder’s costs ease, they may be able to pass on the cut which means all our customers will receive the same discount off their rate – new and existing.

The good news is, all of our rates are seriously good because of our tech-driven proposition. And even if your rates are a fraction higher than the new headline rate, you will still be saving thousands compared to the average loan.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions. ~ Bailey

Matt

Mattasked

I’m only interested in refinancing if I have 20% equity or more. I worked out that I roughly have 22% equity in our property, but this is based on recent sales in my area. In the event that your valuation states I don’t have over 20% equity, and I don’t go ahead with the refinance is there any fees or charges for this process? (E.g a fee for the valuation?)

Also do you deal with the whole refinance process or do I also need to speak with my current lender?

Bailey U.Tic:Toc

Hi Matt, thanks for your question.

We don't charge any fees for applying. You can withdraw your application before it settles and you won't be charged a cent by us.

During settlement, you may be subject to other, third-party costs (like government stamp duty, or our digital conveyancer's fee). You can find a more detailed breakdown here: https://tictoc.com.au/faqs/what-are-the-fees-associated-with-a-tictoc-home-loan

We also deal with the whole refinance process. To discharge from your current home loan, we'll provide you with a discharge form which we submit on your behalf. If you're in a fixed-term contract with your current lender, it may be a good idea to speak with them about any break costs you may be charged by them.

For more information about how we value properties, see here: https://tictoc.com.au/faqs/how-does-tictoc-work-out-the-value-of-my-property

I hope this helps answer your questions. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with. :) ~ Bailey

Get an answer from our members and Tic:Toc representatives