Tic:Toc Home Loans

Tic:Toc Home Loans

I didn't think it could be this easy!

Straight forward customer service from the get-go with a 'how do I help the customer' approach. Very rare compared to my existing banker, who's now only interested I'm discharging the mortgage.

Robert F.

Robert F.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Refinance application

I applied to refinance my mortgage for the lower interest rate and bank account guarantee. The application took a little while due to the way my finances are structured but the credit assessor I dealt with was very helpful during the process.

F Christie

F ChristieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent Service, amazing rates!!

The Tic Toc home loans team has been an absolute pleasure to deal with. The online application process was very user friendly and I loved the use of casual humour throughout the process! Every time I rang the team with a question, the team members were super friendly and very happy to answer any questions. The credit assessor, Stephen Cooper, was very knowledgeable, friendly and extremely efficient with the application. He communicated with me regularly regarding any additional requests for information and worked on approving the loan very quickly! I am so impressed and looking forward to leaving one of the Big 4 banks to deal with the friendly and efficient Tic Toc team - highly recommend!!

Find out how Tic:Toc Home Loans compares to other Home Loans

Orig rate was good, rate creep, run around= leave

Robert Hamilton

Robert Hamilton Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

High tech home loan.

Pretty good process. Smart use of technology.
Happy with procedures.
Sometimes phone call was hard to hear due to bandwidth problems at Tic Toc end.
Good rate, would have liked to split loan.

Nick p

Nick pPerth, WA

Super helpfull

Super fast and easy process. Any time I need help was only a couple rings away, not waiting on the line getting passed around, always straight onto someone. Also the lowest rate going. no brainer .Highly recommend.

Loan Start DateJanuary 2021
Jake

JakePERTH

Turnaround time ridiculous

Just completed an online application (where it actually states 'final decision process'). On completion, it said I have to call them. I placed the call and they said someone will call me back with turnaround time 22 business days!!!!!! Then settelment takes up to 6 weeks. So from application almost 3 months. How does this place get a good review???

ldo

ldoSydney, NSW

So happy to be with Tic:Toc

Melissa B.Tic:Toc
Amlan Rudra

Amlan RudraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very bad

Caitlyn S.Tic:Toc

Ziggy

Ziggy

Extremely fast process

Just secured my home loan with Tic Toc, extremely fast process and the team were pleasant and happy to help. I was a little nervous putting down 7 day finance terms of my offer but a big thanks to Rachel who got my finance approved within 2 days. A little worried about the reviews of them not passing on the rate cuts that new customers receive though..

Loan Start DateDecember 2020

JoyMelbourne

Did not pass on the RBA rate cut.

Two continuous RBA rate cuts was not passed on to the existing customers. When contacted I was told that their funder decided not to pass on the recent RBA cut. This was the reply for the previous rate cut as well.

Very disappointing for otherwise a great home loan experts. I am planning to move on to other lenders where they offer 0.65% lower than I have now with TicToc.

MattGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Existing customers on much larger rate

I've had a home loan with Tic Toc for less than 2 years now and my variable rate is over 0.5% higher than the current variable rate advertised. The 0.15% rate cut in November was not passed onto existing customers, and less than two weeks later some of their variable loans were reduced by 0.37% for new customers. The initial application process itself is fine, the customer service is generally good, but there is no mobile application and you continually have to call them up, argue and threaten to leave to try and get a rate reductions that they don't pass on.

Loan used forInvestment Property
Andrew

AndrewSydney, NSW

Great value loan, approval process smooth

Great low rate and offset account features.
We had a pre-approval from our regular bank but then switched after signing the contract.
Easy process, took 11 days from start to approval.
Will update this review once settled.

Loan Start DateNovember 2020
Bailey U.Tic:Toc

Inefficient service, had to go elsewhere

Simple, easy and quick!

A massive thank you to Rachel and the TicToc team. Very quick at responding to questions and getting the ball rolling with my first home loan. The rate was low and had all the things I needed- offset account and can withdraw. All online and it was made super easy. Thanks!

Brett

BrettQueensland

Fantastic Service and communication

Dealing with TicToc team has been a breeze.
They have communicated to me the status throughout (which keeps the mind at ease) and have been responsive to questions and requests. So far so good !

RedDogSydney, NSW

The team at Tictoc were great to deal with, BUT...

The team were responsive via email and chat to assist in filling out home loan paperwork.
Costs were as quoted - no surprises. No issues, with the service or the team. Great product. Update Nov 2020- Their Variable rate loan doesn't follow RBA Rate cuts. Not really variable Rate..! TicToc's repsonse is that only new customers get the RBA rate. Beware if your a new customer as Tictoc / Adelaide/Bendigo bank havent been passing on rate cuts - which is very disappointing that due they arent willing to help their customers kick start the economy during the pandemic..

Loan Start DateMarch 2020
RedDog

Hi Bailey, I have revised my review due to recent stance on not passing on RBA rate cuts.

MandoChewton

Good rate, but deceptive marketing team. reasonable application process

Loan Start DateSeptember 2020

So smooth, so helpful

Stephen Cooper was the best credit agent I've worked with. Ask for him when applying.
Overall, the process was very easy and rates are great. All my questions were answered quickly with onsite chat or via Stephen.

Loan used forSecond Home

Great Application Process

I was pleasantly surprised at how stress free the home loan application process has been with Tic:Toc! I was able to enter most of my details digitally which saved a lot of time. Aaron was assigned to review my application and he was fantastic to work with. He was very prompt in phoning/emailing and keeping me updated and answering my questions. Rosne was also super helpful when we spoke many times over the chat. I also like that they show the interest rate existing customers are paying.

From application to approval took less than 3 days!

Loan Start DateSeptember 2020

SA-PR

SA-PRasked

I have 2 investment properties in one of the fasted growing Suburbs in Australia, that I wish to refinance.

Aintree 3336 VIC

This area used to be Rockbank 3335, and the local government decided to call it by a new name - Aintree 3336 recently.

Now you lend for 3335 and NOT for 3336 (which essentially is the same area)

Any chance you can ask the relevant people to look into this please.

Bailey U.Tic:Toc

Hi SA-PR, thanks for your excellent question.

Since 3336 is a newer postcode, I have asked our funder for clarification as to whether 3336 is intentionally excluded from our list of serviceable areas, or if it has been mistakenly excluded. We can't lend to all areas within Australia as some fall outside of our risk appetite. Typically we can only lend to capital cities and major regional centres.

When I receive an update from our funder I will update you ASAP. For the time being, we are unfortunately not in a position to consider this postcode.

I hope this helps answer your question. Thanks ~ Bailey

Vscarf10

Vscarf10asked

Hi Tic Toc
I’m an existing customer and noticed that you are offering an interest rate of 2.33% for variable with offset account, however my existing loan is almost .50% higher. Any reason why you don’t look after your existing customers with same rate?

Given that its a no frills service where I have never needed to contact you and you have never contacted me since the start of my loan, I’m not sure why I should be slugged with a considerable % difference, after all I refinanced to you for this very reason where my previous lender felt that I should be treated less favourably than potential borrowers.

I dont think its good business to treat some customers more favourably than others as someone will always feel that they are being taken advantage of by having to pay more interest than others with no additional benefits for doing so.

Bailey U.Tic:Toc

Hi Vscarf10, thanks for your question.

Think of it like this – when you get a Tic:Toc loan, we’ve locked in a ‘price’ with our funder (Bendigo and Adelaide Bank) at a point in time, which is reflected in your interest rate.

When we have a new variable rate offer for new customers, it means we’ve been able to lock in a lower price with our funder. It doesn’t change the price we secured for your loan. And not all offers are linked to cash rate movements.

So, having a lower rate for new customers doesn’t mean we’re making more money off our loyal customers to pay for the discount – because we don’t believe in that. It means our funder has been able to give us a better price at that specific time.

At some point, our funder may actually increase the price they’ve agreed with us, which means the rates offered to new customers will go up. And some existing customers will be better off.

When there’s an RBA cash rate cut and our funder’s costs ease, they may be able to pass on the cut which means all our customers will receive the same discount off their rate – new and existing.

The good news is, all of our rates are seriously good because of our tech-driven proposition. And even if your rates are a fraction higher than the new headline rate, you will still be saving thousands compared to the average loan.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions. ~ Bailey

Mattasked

I’m only interested in refinancing if I have 20% equity or more. I worked out that I roughly have 22% equity in our property, but this is based on recent sales in my area. In the event that your valuation states I don’t have over 20% equity, and I don’t go ahead with the refinance is there any fees or charges for this process? (E.g a fee for the valuation?)

Also do you deal with the whole refinance process or do I also need to speak with my current lender?

Bailey U.Tic:Toc

Hi Matt, thanks for your question.

We don't charge any fees for applying. You can withdraw your application before it settles and you won't be charged a cent by us.

During settlement, you may be subject to other, third-party costs (like government stamp duty, or our digital conveyancer's fee). You can find a more detailed breakdown here: https://tictoc.com.au/faqs/what-are-the-fees-associated-with-a-tictoc-home-loan

We also deal with the whole refinance process. To discharge from your current home loan, we'll provide you with a discharge form which we submit on your behalf. If you're in a fixed-term contract with your current lender, it may be a good idea to speak with them about any break costs you may be charged by them.

For more information about how we value properties, see here: https://tictoc.com.au/faqs/how-does-tictoc-work-out-the-value-of-my-property

I hope this helps answer your questions. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with. :) ~ Bailey

Get an answer from our members and Tic:Toc representatives