TicTocTrack Questions & Answers

11 questions from our users

Rachael M.

Rachael M.asked

My main criteria for buying my child a smart watch is the accuracy of the GPS. how accurate if the GPS on the 3G watch, in the open and indoors?
Especially overseas though, I want to use this watch for travelling to the snow with children and want to be able to find them in the unlikely event we get separated. Is it accurate to within 5 metres?

Louise H.TicTocTrack

HI Rachael, Thanks for getting in touch with us. Our watch is able to provide a location address using Google Maps so will essentially provide you with a street address. To answer your question about accuracy within a 5 meter range, if you were to look for the watch location via the app it will only be able to tell the address of the ski slope for example - not the exact spot on the slope. With regard to general outdoor accuracy, as long as the watch has both 3G network and data coverage then it will be able to regularly provide location updates. I hope this helps to answer your question. If you require any further details please contact us via enquiries@tictoctrack.com.au or 1300 872 256. Thank you

Andy

Andyasked

Can you tell me the IP rating of thew watch please. For being relatively waterproof it should be above IP65

Sazal

It’s not waterproof and the charge doesn’t last kong, not really a very good product.

Louise H.TicTocTrack

Hi Andy the TicTocTrack watch is only water resistant so fine for being splashed while washing hands but not designed to be worn while swimming or bathing. Unfortunately you will find all of these types of devices are unlikely to be completely waterproof due to the need to insert a SIM and other inputs that make it hard stop water ingress. With regards to the previous comment the battery lasts between 12 - 24 hours however is largely dependent on the network coverage, we recommend Telstra to ensure the best coverage and our customer service centre is more than happy to help with set up or tech support to tweak various settings to ensure the best battery life for your watch.

Not happy customer

Not happy customerasked

Can I use other plans you can get from the market for the watch?

Sazal

You can but I used one what came with the watch.

Louise H.TicTocTrack

As Sazal has mentioned you can use the SIM that is supplied with the watch, however we are just launching our BYO SIM service plans which allow you to use your own SIM in the watch. Please note we recommend using a SIM on the Telstra network to ensure you get the best coverage. If you would like more info of our BYO SIM plan before it is available on our website please give us a call on 1300 872 256 or contact us via online chat on our website.

Fiona M.

Fiona M.asked

Is the watch small enough for a 3 year old

Louise H.TicTocTrack

Hi Fiona, it is hard to say as it depends on the size of your child's wrist we do have 3 year old children wearing our watch. To give you an idea the circumference of the watch band at its smallest on the inside is 14 cm. Hope that helps.

Grace

Graceasked

Hi my daughter just received the TicTocTrack but I have to charge the battery up every night is that normal or should the battery last longer?

Louise H.TicTocTrack

Hi Grace, we recommend charging the watch each night as you would a phone to ensure you have a full battery each day. While you can get up to 24 hours life from the battery, there are a number of factors that can drain the battery faster one of them being poor network coverage which will cause the watch to work harder to find a network signal to send the location data to our servers. If you would like us to look into it further for you please give us a call during office hours on 1300 872 256 and we will be more than happy to help out.

Ameeasked

Hi all, how kid friendly is this product for a 5 year old? I am a sole parent and am concerned if I collapse at home no one would know or could help my child. I have Wi-Fi in my unit but would my child be able to call her nan or 000 whilst inside? Being able to afford this product is not easy but is justified if it meets expectations.

Louise H.TicTocTrack

Hi Amee, thanks so much for your question. The watch calling function operates via touch screen and it shows the name of the person so your 5 year old if they needed to should easily be able to swipe to Nan's number and call her for help if you or your child needed help. There are some video tutorials that show the operation of the watch on our website if that helps https://www.tictoctrack.com.au/3g-support-videos/ feel free to give us a call if we can help further on 1300 872 256 our call centre is located in Brisbane and is open between 8.30 - 5pm Monday to Friday.

Amee

thank you for your response.

But does the call function work inside building?

I have read a few reviews which say the GPS signal is lost inside buildings and on overcast days as it is via satellite, so does the same apply with calls? I have checked my area on the map and it is covered, it is being inside a unit I am concerned about.

Louise H.TicTocTrack

Hi Amee, we just noticed your second question hadn't been answered. The call function will work inside a building as long as there is phone signal as the phone calls don't rely on satellite's so are not related to a GPS signal. Our watch also offers WiFi positioning and as such you will also be able to get locations inside as a back up when a satellite signal cannot be sourced.

Nicole I

Nicole Iasked

Hey!! Just wondering how long the battery is supposed to last when fully re-changed - I understand it would depend on how much its being used, but my 2 watches seem to use a lot of change even when my kids arent mucking around with them They barely last 6-8hrs?

Louise H.TicTocTrack

Hi Nicole, thanks for the question regarding battery life. The battery in your watch should last between 12 and 24 hours with normal use, poor network coverage or signal can effect the battery life but other than that you should get at least 12 hours out of it. If you wanted to contact our customer service centre on 1300 872 256 we can have a look at what SIM plan you are on and see if we can sort this out for you as you should definitely get more than 6-8 hours.

Nonnatiny62
Nonnatiny62

Hi Nicole .I find my battery life is also not great .
I have this device for my Mum whom has Alzheimer’s and it’s very simple for her to use .I just make sure I keep on top of it with charge.
It’s the best thing I could have for her as last week she got lost locally and I was able to track her ..Great result peace of mind.

Shan
Shan

Hi Nicole,

My daughters watch also only lasts about 6-8 hours roughly. She turns it on in the morning (anywhere from 7-9am) but by 6/7pm, it goes flat and turns itself off, so she has to remember to charge it every night. At home, it's no big deal as I remind her, it's more of a concern when she stays overnight somewhere without me (a rare occurance but sometimes she stays at her dads and needs to be able to contact me) so I just make a note to msg or call her a few hours before I know it will go flat and remind her to charge it.

Claire B

Claire Basked

We have received our watches but for the past hour have been unable to change the location to where we live. We have activated the watch but the last location update was in November. The watch works in every other way but is apparently located in Queensland (we live near Geelong, Victoria). Any help?

missnikkinoo
missnikkinoo

Hi Claire! Do do recall that it took some time for the location services to kick in for my sons watch but since then we’ve not had a problem. If you have no success after a few hours, Id recommend sending customer support an email. Let us know how you go. Kind regards Nikki

Louise H.TicTocTrack

Hi Claire apologies for the delay in responding over Christmas (thanks for your answer missnikkinoo). If you haven’t already please ensure you have the watch outside for 20 minutes or so or perhaps go for a walk just so it can get an initial fix on the satellite. It should then update its last location to where you are. If you still need assistance our office is open between 10am and 2pm this week 1300 872 256 or you can jump on our website and chat online if that is easier https://www.tictoctrack.com.au

Jean

Jeanasked

Can I use an existing telstra sim card with the watch?

Louise H.TicTocTrack

Hi Jean, unfortunately not as all of watches come with a pre configured SIM in the watch all set up and ready to go. We do offer a Telstra plan for $22 which includes the access to our desktop monitoring platform and apps along with 150 voice minutes or SMS alerts per month.
Feel free to give us a call on 1300 872 256 or jump on to our online chat at https://www.tictoctrack.com.au if we can clarify this any further for you.

Sri

Sriasked

Can we use our own SIM card plan?

Erin Mia
Erin Mia

Not as far as I know. You'd be better to ask them.

Jaine winter
Jaine winter

Afraid not- they are with Vodafone and the sim comes pre installed for the price.

Terry
Terry

My understanding is that you cannot. That said, I still have the watch in a draw so may try it. Their Sim card is linked to a user Id for their application. So I can't see it working for tracking. I will try it re phone calls though.

Ros

Rosasked

What is the quality of the voice call feature like?

papa
papa

Voice is crystal clear.

Get an answer from our members and TicTocTrack representatives