Tiger Airways Domestic

Tiger Airways Domestic

See the Best Domestic Airlines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Awsome

The crew were so wonderful it was the best flight I have ever enjoyed I was on tt676 from syd to cairns and the girls made me feel like family

ClassEconomy

Lovely friendly cabin crew on this domestic flight Syd - GC today!! Flight- V276FB

The team in the cabin of this flight are amazing! I just boarded with some breakable stuff that is important to me and they offered all sorts of ways of looking after it during the flight including stowing it for me in their cupboards. They also helped me get into a different seat for my flight so I could keep some things with me at my feet during the flight! So thankful to you guys!!

DestinationGold Coast Airport (OOL), Eastern Avenue, Bilinga QLD, Australia

Delayed flight

The company sent me a message saying that the flight would be delayed.
When I got at the airport (1 hour before the flight), I couldn't do the check in. The attendant said the check in was keep at the original time of the flight and she tried to sell me a $85 dollars change flight for each passenger (me and my mom). I looked online and the flight that she tried to sell me was $50 dollars.
Really frustrating the situation, I wish the refund of one of my flights.

DestinationGold Coast Queensland, Austrália

Great experience

I booked a Tigerair flight last Saturday travelling Brisbane to Canberra and to be honest after reading all of the reviews online I was very nervous. I packed my bags Saturday morning for a lunch time flight and prepared myself for the worse with a lot of reviews mentioning delay or cancellation of flights. I read a review about a man not being able to check in 5 minutes late so I downloaded the Tiger Airways app and checked in online; I also read all carry on luggage is weighed before boarding so kept this in mind while packing. I arrived, checked the departures board and my flight was leaving on time *YAY*, passengers were called to weigh their carry on bags before boarding mine weighed 6.98kg *DOUBLE YAY*, finally we were asked to board....no delay....no cancellation...arriving in Canberra 10 mins early *Final YAY*. Yes the plane was slightly out dated, yes the seats have less leg room and yes the staff uniforms need a new design but overall you do get what you pay for and I'm very pleased to say I had a stress free experience travelling with Tiger Airways.

DestinationCanberra ACT, Australia

Delays cost money.

Mum, (my 80 year old mum), was heading home to Melbourne from Brisbane,after a couple of weeks family time. She got several text messages saying her flight was delayed, then saying it was leaving on time, then it was delayed. She called them to clarify the situation only to find that,
1, the flight was leaving on time,
2 it was actually delayed and would be leaving later than scheduled.
How much later? about 40 mins was the info supplied, after the third phone call.
I took Mum to the airport and parked in the short term carpark. 4 hours allowed.
After several reschedules, and lots of "I do not know"s, the flight finally boarded more than four hours after the original scheduled departure time. Consequently, my 4-hour stay was 4 hours and 15 mins. What is usually a $15 to $20 dollar drop off cost $58.
I guess I could have left mum to sit alone waiting, indefinately, if I didnt care, But I do and I stayed with her until boarding. Thanks Tiger air, just another expence I didnt need. I didnt even fly tiger and it cost me...
AVOID Tiger if you want to get somewhere within a few hours of your expected AND PAID FOR time frame. Id give no stars, for the lack of info, lack of concern, lack of compliance but 1 star minimum.

If i was on the flight maybe id give one star

Booked with 3rd party service and prompted airline would send tickets for departure from Melbourne. Qantas had theirs attached to the 3rd party booking as they are a professional, accountable and reputable company. They were the return flight which i was unable to catch because i never made the tiger flight from melbourne. It wasnt due to stupidity as i was met with another passenger in the same boat. The staff at the check in pointed me to the gate and not the service desk 10 metres away, (again reminding another person was given the same info). By the time we rushed up to the gate we were met with "havent checked in, youre not boarding; go to the service desk". All three staff members i spoke to today were firstly incompotent and didnt take care to help customers arrange anything and blamed the third party service; and secondly exceptionally rude. This was the crew on 7am at melbourne airport terminal 4; and quite possibly generalising a whole company for 3/3 staff members; but ill do it anyway. Maybe you should distance yourself from third party booking agencies if you cannot do your part of the booking and send it! Stick to the others; you pay for what you get in the end.

BookingThird Party

People with disability's not welcome

I booked a return flight for me and the family from Cairn to Brisbane after a holiday. I use oxygen for when I am active or doing anything strenuous, but it is not needed if I am just sitting as you would on a flight, the oxygen concentrator I use is allowed on flight by tiger air, so no problem you would think, but when I show up at the counter I get told I can not fly with my concentrator, after some time and checking and even the woman saying it is on the list for carry on I was still told I was not allowed on, I had to find a fight at some cost with another company get separated from my family and with no help as I would with my family try and handle all I need to just get around plus my luggage. if you have a disability don't even think of using this company you will not be welcome, but they will take your money with even offering a refund.

DestinationCairns QLD, Australia

Don’t buy MoveMe

Bought MoveMe several times as I thought it’s a good option since I travel between Sydney and Melbourne for work all the time. Frequently business meetings finish early. Not ONCE did I get moved. There is always an excuse, flights oversold, need to contact management and that would take too long, come back closer to the time flight closed - oh sorry, too late, we have to close the flight. All these I find interesting as the tickets are still available for these flights even 2 hours prior to the departure time. Anyway, short answer is that it’s just a way to collect $12

DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia
BookingThrough Airline

ACCC should look into this company- scam cheap fares/don't let you book in and they take your money.

Three girls were left stranded at Brisbane airport on Sunday night for the 6.20 flight back to Sydney- they tried to book in 45 minutes before flight but they closed it early. My daughter rang frantic and said that they would not let them on. I called Tiger air and complained-(who is based in Manilla). The girl said it was too late and they would do nothing as you had to make your complaint 2 hours before flight. This is appalling treatment and the staff at Brisbane airport could have allowed these girls onto the flight. This is a big scam - so please do not ever fly Tiger air.

BookingThrough Airline

Worst airline with no time bound!

This is the worst airline ever!
Don’t rely on Tiger airways if you are looking forward to reach somewhere on time. We spent $80 per ticket more, just to reach early to Melbourne from Hobart, although we were getting other flights that land at late hours, at a cheaper rate. When it was our time to board, the flight got delayed for 1 hour 30 minutes. If we had to go at late hours, why should we have chosen tiger airways for high rates? Manage yourself Tiger airways or stop your flights! This is a complete disgust. Just an apology won’t do, we need a full refund on our flight tickets!

Picking up my bag

Picking up my bag, a huge rip and handle broken, who pays for this????
Not happy at all
Hire new staff or keep getting bad reviews.
Just count yourselves lucky I had no breakables in my luggage.

BookingThrough Airline

Disbelief, physical assault humiliation and discuss!!

TIGER AIR... the only AIRLINE that will take your entire flight fare, your extra added luggage fee, physically push you out of their way, refusing to view the receipts and transaction list clearly displayed on screen for debate, also refusing to name or ID themselves ( management apparently)
Refusal attitudes with no reason or explanations... No refunds despite their faults or ownership... costing me a nights hotel, new flights (thank god Qantas), a lost day at work, airport parking fees and last minute accommodation. Not one professional word to say! Actually in full disbelief and discuss!

DestinationBrisbane QLD, Australia

Pilot with a Personal Touch

I thank the pilot on flight TT314 for having a chat prior to our takeoff towards Brisbane.
It was a good preflight Hello, coming from the captain in person.
SPECIAL 1st from Mwah.

DestinationBrisbane QLD, Australia

Hostile Cabin Manager, TT703 13/5/19 Coffs Harbour to Melbourne

Complaint against [name removed], Cabin Manager and [name removed], Stewardess, on Tiger flight TT703, 1245pm 13/5/19 – Coffs Harbour to Melbourne

I fly with Tiger Air at least twice a month and I’ve never encountered such a hostile crew member.

Upon boarding the flight, I immediately sat down, put my earplugs in and eye mask on, which I do every time I fly.

I was almost asleep when I felt two firm taps with two fingers on my left thigh. The pressure used was not gentle. I removed my eye mask and was told by [name removed] to “take it off” and to “show some respect” in an unfriendly manner.

This happened at the beginning of the safety announcement.

He was so rude to me that I felt quite embarrassed. I placed the eye mask back over my eyes and tried to resume my sleep.

About 10 seconds later, [name removed] stormed back (I could feel his loud footsteps) and pulled my eye mask aggressively from my face, using the palm of his hand to grab the eye mask but also grabbing some of my face and hair as well. He then threw it in my lap, verbally abused me, and walked away.

Shocked by the incident, I asked for his name, but because I spoke quietly, he didn’t hear me. Those sitting around me witnessed his behaviour and also seemed shocked as we exchanged glances.

I didn’t know what to do, so I hid my face back in the eye mask.

About an hour into the flight, I overheard [name removed] speaking to the crew at the front of the plane (I was seated in the 6th row), telling them how disrespectful I was.

I decided to approach him when he wasn’t busy. I asked him in a polite and calm tone, “Would you like to have a conversation about what happened?”

I figured that maybe he’d had a bad day and we could just talk about the situation.

Crew member [name removed] and one other were present during this time.

Immediately, he was hostile. He said “No, I’m not having a conversation with you. What you did was disrespectful.” He continued to talk at me for at least 30 seconds, with no break in his speech to allow me to say anything.

I decided that I would just listen to him and ask to speak afterwards.

I eventually spoke, but I was constantly interrupted. I asked him if crew members are allowed to make physical contact like that, and to speak to their customers in that way. He confirmed that he’s allowed to do whatever it takes to get our attention. Crew member, [name removed] also agreed with him.

He also admitted that he was furious that he didn’t have my attention, which led to him ripping the eye mask from my face.

I expressed my feelings and told him that if he had taken a different, more calm approach, I would have responded positively. I asked if his approach would have been different, knowing this.

He proudly admitted that he would do the exact same thing to any disrespectful customer.

During this time, [name removed] made it clear that my presence was irritating her. She told me that I was interrupting her break time and that I could be having a nap now instead of speaking to them.

I felt it was futile to try to have a mature conversation with them, so I just sat down and decided to write a review.

During the entire flight, I felt very uncomfortable.

I am writing this review in hopes that Tiger will improve their customer care.

Staff who cannot empathise or control their emotions should not be given roles in customer service.

Thank you for your time.

Rather hitch hike.

My wife booked 3 standard seats for her and our kids and an emergence exit seat for myself as I am tall. Mid flight the attendant realised we were together and made me move from my seat to a standard one. However as I don’t fit in the normal seats I ended up standing for the whole flight. Apparently if you have children in your care you can’t sit in an emergency exit. Fair enough, but the children were in my wife’s care. We have always travelled this way both domestically and internationally without an issue.
I contacted their CSR and they said it shouldn’t of been a problem and referred me to the complaints department. All I wanted was clarification on their policy. Might as well bang your head against a brick wall. Get answers that don’t relate directly to your question. When you start spelling it out, they close the case and no longer correspond. Nice.

But the real issue is the coffee. They must collect all the used grounds from cafes for free and brew their coffee from that using grey water. Seriously how can anyone in this day and age make coffee so bad. I’m sure you could get better coffee in jail.

I never have a problam

Used Tiger many times gold coast to sydney.
Once a flight was canceled, the plane was on the tarmac broken down, i could see techs working on it.
Tiger gave me meal vouchers, hotel voucher, changed my return flight, no extra charges at all.
I know it was an inconvienence, but Tiger did their best .
Have heard of other airlines cancelling and your on your own.

BookingThrough Airline

Rubbish airline: grossly incompetent with terrible customer service

0/10: I would never recommend Tiger "air".

2 X tickets for Perth to Melbourne TT424 were purchased to take off at 00:30. Delayed to 03:30, then 04:30, then 10:40, eventually taking off at 10:49. Poor staffing practices and aeroplane maintenance servicing strategy to blame. Terrible customer service (at airport and call centre) to resolve the issue, despite this airline being prone to flight delays and cancellations.

I look forward to seeing this airline fail into the future if it maintains its flight delays and cancellations percentages.

Terrible and rude service from [name removed] on the Gold Coast

So some time ago I booked return flights to Sydney from The Gold Coast. I received my e-receipt and itinerary. I was not given a ''Boarding Pass"per se. All it said was "we recommend you print your itinerary to make sure your boarding process goes smoothly". So I printed my itinerary and arrived an hour early to my flight.

On the way there I saw someone from tiger air and asked "Hi just wondering how I get on to my flight?". She pointed to the area before the gates where people get their baggage checked and said "Oh don't worry about going to the check in just go straight through there to gate 2". I believed her as she worked at the airport and I had no reason to think otherwise.

So I did my security check and waited at my gate until it was time to board with my itinerary on hand. At 9:20-9:30am we started boarding and when I got to the front of the queue I showed this blonde lady my itinerary. She basically yelled and said "YOU NEED YOUR BOARDING PASS, STAND TO THE SIDE and get your ID out". This confused me as I didn't get a boarding pass, while people were going through onto the plane she continued to berate me. Another lady asked if I needed help and she yelled "HE'S LOOKING FOR HIS ID". I said I had already found it and was just looking for my boarding pass (which didn't exist). She was extremely rude and hostile and I didn't understand why she was treating me like this, I hadn't done anything to her and was following her instructions, I felt completely humiliated. After about 10-15 minutes all the people had boarded and she looked at me and said "YOU HAVEN'T CHECKED IN, You need to change your flight to a different one it's going to cost $85". I was so confused as to why then she didn't ask me to go check in instead of standing to the side and embarrassing me.

I have never rated anything 1 star before but this was a truly horrible experience. She had absolutely no sympathy or understanding for my situation and acted like I was a nuisance. I'm not sure if she was racial profiling but she didn't act this way towards anyone else. It was frustrating missing my flight but this girls attitude is what really made a bad situation. I will never fly with tiger air again and neither will my family members.

BookingThird Party

Literally the worst customer service

So you have to be checked in 45 minutes before departure, I woke up at 3am to make sure I was on time. Their was some traffic so my bus was a little late but still within the 45 minutes, I asked the staff women for assistance checking in and they literally looked at me, ignored me and continued talking. By the time they finally assisted me it was past the 45 minute checkin time so they literally just said oh well you’ve missed it there’s nothing we can do and walked away. I had my 10 month old baby with me too. Not a drop of sympathy or any help with a solution except to pay for new tickets all together. They walked away as I was talking. Worst customer service I have ever seen. Stuck up women who only care about their pay checks and see people as just another situation. So rude and no empathy or support what so ever. It’s cheap for a reason.

Poor customer service and inexperience staff

Our return flight from cairns to Melbourne and we almost there before 45 mins earlier at the airport and check in counter has closed when we are standing in front of the counter.

The lady who was at the counter told us system is automatically closed and can’t reopen

Nothing else and just offer us another flight which is two days after but we couldn’t stay that long, we booked another flight with Jetstar and on our way home now.

DestinationCairns City QLD, Australia