Tiger Airways Domestic

Tiger Airways Domestic

See the Best Domestic Airlines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Tony w

Tony wSydney, NSW

Cancelled flights

After 2 flights I booked were cancelled , an ex employee of tiger told me that if the flight is not fully booked, it will be cancelled and the plane diverted to another Flight which is fully booked. Makes sense if the plane will be half full, just cancel and take on fully booked flight.

Johnny

Johnny

Absolutely terrible flight carrier

Absolutely terrible. Never had a major problem with Tiger airways and didn't know what all the complaints were about until my last trip to the Gold Coast. On the way home we missed check in by exactly 2 mins with still 45 mins before take off and because Tiger air so stingy the same attendants that check in are also the attendants on the flight so as soon as check in closes you're out of luck even if your plane doesn't take off for almost an hour later... We were forced to rebook another flight with virgin and had to pay the difference never have I ever had this experience with another flight and I will never fly Tiger air again.

kunal s.

kunal s.Sydney, NSW

Worst customer support experience ever

Worse customer support experience ever
Firstly cancelled promised refund on 28th September 2019 and its 16th October no sign of refund plus their customer support executives say that you do not have enough claim to support the occurred loss. Even after providing invoice for the alternate flight I had to book being family of 4 and facing difficulties their reply was completely unexpected. On top of it I got an email stating please take advise from legal counselor if needed. Worst customer experience ever faced with no sense of understanding.

Phillip

PhillipGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Extremely bad service

The staffs were very rude and liar. I thought it could be a mistake for my incident few years ago. But after the same issue today, and I checked again, I knew they cheated me. Never come back with Tigerair. Everyone should be careful with what they say.

Madhu

MadhuSydney, NSW

Money Hungry!!! Unprofessional

Schedule flight 0700hrs
Arrived at airport 06:25
Refused entry!
Rudely spoken
I know I had plenty time to board aircraft!! And had no check in bags!
Really disheartened
Would never recommend to my enemy

Mark

MarkSouth East Queensland, QLD

Extremely embarrassing service and incredibly rude service

Brisbane to Canberra. Money hungry. I was on time for my flight, trying to get my ticket out of the machine. I finally found a customer service assistant and she insisted that I missed the check in time by 2 minutes so that I pay $85.00 for the next service. I then had to travel back to the Sunshine Coast in peak hour, which took 3 times as long, to return in the morning. I also had to pay for an extra days parking at the airport, so I will never fly Tiger Air again. I will also be giving all my friends, family and work colleagues the same advice

DestinationCanberra ACT, Australia

Polly

PollySouth East Queensland, QLD

You got what you paid for

First time with Tigerair, hopefully not the last time. Services were ordinary. Plane was late to depart by half an hour but caught up. It ended up only 15 minutes late. That is the cheapest air tickets we could get from Brisbane to Canberra.

DestinationCanberra ACT, Australia

Zhangwang X.

Zhangwang X.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Canceled, delayed and charge for luggage

The flight I booked was canceled. They arranged another flight which was supposed to depart 2 hours later than the one I booked. However it was delayed again for another 0.5 hour. They charged me for AUD46 to upgrade the luggage (suitcase and bag together). My suitcase was less than 7kg. But they told me that my bag must be added, then it was 10kg. AUD46 for 3kg. One staff said, other companies charged more. When I asked how they compensate the passengers when they cancel the flight. One staff said, we notify you as soon as possible so that you won't waste your time.

DestinationPerth WA, Australia

H Ng

H NgSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Flights Were Cancelled Twice

R CL

R CLGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Firs Time... Definitely Last Time

Thought I'd give them a go even though I had already seen one of many negative reviews on the delays, slightly hoping that it wouldn't happen to me. Fat chance... needed to arrive Sydney early only to have flight delayed by 2:30hrs. If anyone needs to get to their destination promptly, I'd suggest giving Tiger airways a wide birth.

E Bil

E BilSydney, NSW

Poor service with ZERO Customer Care

0 star if I could

I never had a flight in time with Tigerair, you can be happy when it's not cancelled.
New slogan for them : If u want be late or never arrived, choose Tigerair !

Rafael

RafaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wish I could give 0 stars

Had planned a weekend trip from BNE to SYD and both flights were cancelled. The first one on friday was supposed to leave BNE as 4PM and I ended up arriving in SYD around 10PM. Saturday I got a text saying that my return flight on sunday was also cancelled and rescheduled for monday 6:40 AM. Asked for a refund, that I still didn`t receive any confirmation as they don`t send e-mail confirmations regarding refunds, and bought a last minute ticket from Virgin paying a higher price so I could be home on Sunday evening. As if it`s not enough I just received a text that the flight I was supposed to fly at 6:40 was delayed for 11:55. Shame on you TIGER and lucky me I bought another ticket, as I would be leaving Sydney only now.

L J B

L J BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stranded in Sydney

Flight was cancelled at 3hrs notice. No alternative flight from Sydney to Brisbane for two days. Refund takes three weeks and there is a fee to get money back. Zero customer care for stranded customers from the call centre. I will never fly with Tigerair again.

Disgraceful

Dreadful airline. Been let down too many times - will NEVER fall for their so called ‘cheap’ fares again. End up paying more to book alternative flights due to Tiger’s last minute cancellations. So unreliable!

Shopper

Shopper

Delayed 7 hours

They are scam artists and it’s regular and quite legal procedure for them to leave people stranded without a problem or any type of normal compensation. I arrived for my 7am flight to see that it was delayed 7.5 hours “due to engineering issues” and was told I’ll be refunded the flight “in 5-10 business days “ if I want to get another flight and if I want to wait the 7 hours for the flight with faulty engineering to leave I would get a $20 food voucher for macdonnalds.... these people are a disgrace. Do not fly with them. Do not give them a cent of your hard earned money. Trust in this and other reviews.

DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia

Roy

RoyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Uncomfortable flight

We as a family prepaid for our 4 seats from Gold Coast to Melbourne & did not get what we paid for.
We were placed in an earlier flight as we were told that the original flight we were to board could be cancelled due to weather conditions in Melbourne.
We should have been aware by a text message earlier but it did not happen.
It was a very uncomfortable 2 hour flight as I was constantly kicked by a baby from the back seat.
If we were placed in the seats we requested this incident would not happen.

DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia

Cenz

CenzAU

Disgusting Airline

Flight delayed over 2 hrs
This is a disgusting airline with no care for its clients. I’m so dam mad with the crappy service and lame excuses. Don’t fly with these people.

DestinationGold Coast QLD, Australia

Tigerair take your money and don’t delivery..DONT EVER BOOK

Had a 8am flight booked, received an email the morning of my flight to say it was delayed due to engineering requirements, the next flight was 10.50am (3hours delay) which was to late for my appointment. They refused to refund my money or help in anyway, extremely rude. How does a business get away with charging people but not delivering a service.... I had to book Jetstar the morning of my flight , paid a small fortune but they delivered with a great service. I will NEVER even look at another Tigerair flight again. Don’t ever ever book a flight with them.

Disgusting

Disgusting customer service on the flight. The flight attends were on there phone and complaining that they were delayed didn’t even get told where to sit. Horrible will never fly with them again. The girls have attitude. How is this company still running!!