TIO

TIO

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for TIO? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.7
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (2) · No (0)
Irene
IrenePerth, WA

Car insurance nightmare

I had a car accident in Tennant Creek on 26/ 8 /21....it is now 7/10/21 with no effort made by TIO to send the car for repairs in Alice Springs. They have no idea of geography,claiming they need a local repairer rural. I am without transport and no assistance from them. I should have read the reviews before signing up.

Mark
MarkDarwin, NT

A Total Disgrace

taniamullins27
taniamullins27Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Very Greedy company

Had a very disappointing phone conversation with TIO regarding an issue that happened to my house in Darwin and I thought I would see how other people reviewed this company.... And guess what, the first review I read was identical to mine........"Two close identical issues on the same pipe in a very short timeframe apart are counted as 2 issues and thus 2 premiums to pay...no! That's just greedy. Not what I'm paying for"... Would not recommend

Coverage TypeHome Only
Shaun
Shaun

Unfair claim assessments

Two close identical issues on the same pipe in a very short timeframe apart are counted as 2 issues and thus 2 premiums to pay...no! That's just greedy. Not what I'm paying for.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how TIO compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Car insurance claim

Had an accident on 26 of June 2018. It is the 2 of August and nothing has been done, each time I ring Tio insurance, I'm talking to a brick wall.

Insurance claim madeYes

Never waiste your money here

Aftrer having house insurance with TIO for 5 years and never making a claim, we convered our policy to landlord insurance this year and unfortunatly had the tenents from hell. After only being in the house for 7 weeks, they have done over $8000.00 of damage which TIO wont cover, saying it is reasonable wear and tear. Buyer beware- TIO are full of promises and deliver nothing. By far the worst insurance company I have ever had the misfortune of using,

They cover nothing- dont waste your money

philip s.
philip s.asked

what is normal time frame for submitting a car accident claim to be responded to

philip s.
philip s.asked

what is normal time frame for a reply on submitting accident claim should there be a generic response to a lodgement of claim

Cyril Bennett
Cyril Bennettasked

Do you insure (Housae and Contents) in Queensland?

abullbar
abullbar

Hi Cyril T.I.O Territory Insurance Office is Based in the Northern Territory and only insures items in the Northern Territory.
Perhaps you are confusing it with G.I.O which is Government Insurance Office www.gio.com.au which is based in Victoria but may insure and have offices in each state.Check the link to find out more.
Cheers
Bill

Mike
Mike

x

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Car, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord and Travel