TIO

TIO

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for TIO? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.7
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (2) · No (0)
Irene
IrenePerth, WA

Car insurance nightmare

I had a car accident in Tennant Creek on 26/ 8 /21....it is now 7/10/21 with no effort made by TIO to send the car for repairs in Alice Springs. They have no idea of geography,claiming they need a local repairer rural. I am without transport and no assistance from them. I should have read the reviews before signing up.

Mark
MarkDarwin, NT

A Total Disgrace

taniamullins27
taniamullins27Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Very Greedy company

Had a very disappointing phone conversation with TIO regarding an issue that happened to my house in Darwin and I thought I would see how other people reviewed this company.... And guess what, the first review I read was identical to mine........"Two close identical issues on the same pipe in a very short timeframe apart are counted as 2 issues and thus 2 premiums to pay...no! That's just greedy. Not what I'm paying for"... Would not recommend

Coverage TypeHome Only
Shaun
Shaun

Unfair claim assessments

Two close identical issues on the same pipe in a very short timeframe apart are counted as 2 issues and thus 2 premiums to pay...no! That's just greedy. Not what I'm paying for.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how TIO compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Car insurance claim

Had an accident on 26 of June 2018. It is the 2 of August and nothing has been done, each time I ring Tio insurance, I'm talking to a brick wall.

Marlin
MarlinSydney, NSW

Happy customer

Highly recommended for car insurance. My car was written off & they made process of claim easy & hassle. I got good value for my car. Can say there are some companies who cares for customers over their profits.

Topender

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
lisa99
lisa99

Customer service and a great product.

I'm not usually one for public product reviews but after being messed around by several different companies with travel insurance claims, I can honestly say TIO is the only company I'll ever use again. Excellent customer service, fast claims turnarounds and no horrible off shore call centres! Please keep up the great work TIO.

Excellent Service

I have had TIO Landlord Insurance for a property in Darwin for a number of years and have had the misfortune to make 2 claims during the the past year. One was an electrical problem with an Air Conditioner and switch board, and the other with tenant damage to a door and vertical blinds. Photos were taken and a proffessional trade opinion was obtained in each case. Details were submitted with the claims, which were promply settled.
The staff were exemplary, pleasant, knowledgeable and punctual with all their dealings with me.

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how TIO compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Never waiste your money here

Aftrer having house insurance with TIO for 5 years and never making a claim, we convered our policy to landlord insurance this year and unfortunatly had the tenents from hell. After only being in the house for 7 weeks, they have done over $8000.00 of damage which TIO wont cover, saying it is reasonable wear and tear. Buyer beware- TIO are full of promises and deliver nothing. By far the worst insurance company I have ever had the misfortune of using,

They cover nothing- dont waste your money

abullbarWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Good Honest service

I have been with TIO for many years,I have 2 cars and housold contents with them.
I have made a few claims over the years and found them to be excellent.
I wrote my car off 2 years ago and they paid me the market value for my car 5 days later.
Quick resulition of claims,easy to deal with