Toby Deals

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (47) · No

Paul K.

Paul K.South East Queensland, QLD

Will not honour warranty

I ahve purchased several phones and devices from them, just be aware that they will not honor the warranty. Firstly they said it was water damage (which was not possible in my case) than claimed physical damage of some kind, even though it had not been dropped, all this with only a picture of the phone.

Yes prices are good, and I recommend them, but I hope my friends never have a problem.

Product PurchasedXiaomi Mi Max 3
Akbar

AkbarMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Thank you Toby Deals. I got my item on time and the qualification is perfect.

It is perfect. I got it on time. Toby Deals is a nice supplier for any products especially for electronic one. I like my mobile phone and I suggest you buy your item by Toby Deals.

Product PurchasedMobile

Sara

SaraPerth, WA

Faulty phone but they say it's fine

I have a Xiaomi M9, it lasted 2 months before becoming faulty. Phone would get so hot it switches itself off, battery would last one hour and headphone jack would sometimes connect. They say it's fine now I have to pay to get it back. Why would I sent a perfectly good new phone away for over a month, if it's fine. Will never purchase products from them again

Product PurchasedXiaomi Mi 9

Mara Graxa L.

Mara Graxa L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Burning your money

Absolutely a waste of money. Don't buy electronics online. Purchased a Samsung A70 and it dies 1 month after purchase. Returned to store and said it was not covered by warranty due to physical damage. Shipping caused the physical damage. So apparently I threw away my money. Thanks!

Product PurchasedSamsung Galaxy A70
Ramsku

RamskuSydney, Australia

Very bad after sales service

Buyers beware. Toby deals are great at point of sale, but once that deal is done, then forget getting something repaired or changed after even if the item is still under warranty.

My case was a mobile and the hoops they get you to jump to get the item to be seen is incredible.

Shop with care, better pay some more from outlets who are reputable rather than saving some dollars for a lemon after 11 months of use.

As for me, I’m gonna stir away from these guys. Never again they’ll see a sale from me.

Product PurchasedMotorola Moto G7 Plus
Thomas B.

Thomas B.Sydney, NSW

All good so far

I purchased a Nokia 7 plus phone in February 2019. There seems to be a know issue with the charging port and (as so many others) the one on my Nokia failed, too. I contacted Tobydealsau and after some basic troubleshooting questions I was given an RMA number and could send it back (I don't think I even had to pay something). It was confirmed that it is that know issue and it was repaired and sent back to me. Can't ask for more.

Product PurchasedNokia 7 Plus
Stu M.

Stu M.Perth, WA

Won't cover a water proof smart watch with swimming function, due to water damage.

I purchased a smart watch from
Tobydealsau. My watch had issues so I sent it back. They won't cover the repair, because the watch has water damage. I purchased the watch because it has a Swimming function, and advertised it was water proof. Tobydeals do not seem to understand. Avoid this company!

Chris A

Chris AGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Might deal with them again.

Bought a phone. Had a faulty screen from the beginning. Would not replace but only repair it. Had long drawn out issues trying to send it back and now that they have it said it will take 4-6 weeks to repair. Bought from an Australian web site but I have to send back to Hong Kong. That's pretty dodgy, and who takes that long to repair a phone??? 4-6 weeks think about it? It would take my a few hours max to change a screen.
Got the phone back much quicker than they said and repairs seem good so the phone is working fine now.

John

John

2 weeks and 20 phone calls later still waiting.

It’s 2 weeks and 20 phone calls later and the product still hasn’t arrived. We have been told many times it will come the next day and it never comes. Not worth it, go into a store and buy your item instead.
Edit-another week and I’ve paid for insurance which I shouldn’t need anyway as we have simple laws but they are refusing to pay and saying an investigation will take 4 weeks!

Cez

CezAU

Non existent aftersales customer service. Dodgy

I bought a Nokia 6.1 in June 2019. Great price and colour, great features too. This was only used a handful of times when I went overseas. 3 months after, the phone stopped working and no matter what I do its on download mode. Contacted this company and no courtesy to reply to emails. Will never buy again. Poor aftersales customer service. Be WARY

Product PurchasedNokia 6.1
DDD

DDDSydney, NSW

Fast delivery an great price

I ordered the black Megaboom speaker from Toby Deals. It has a very good prices. The shipping was very fast. I would definitely come back and definitely recommended to all.

Product PurchasedLogitech UE MEGABOOM

grnow

grnowSydney

Excellent service and support

I had low expectation buying a phone from Hong Kong - Expecting to get what you pay for. I was surprised how quick it arrived with DHL to my door. I had some issues with the phone, but no problem contacting via their email support system. Few questions was asked and then they organised DHL to pick up and to be sent to Hong Kong.
I would like to give 5 stars, but their specs on products are not always consistent and it sometimes not 100% accurate, just be aware.
Will buy again and with the extra protection PayPal provides, its a winner. Why would I buy from Harvey Norman or JB Hifi when I have these guys selling with 50% discount.

Abby

AbbySydney, NSW

Pixel defects in note10 samsung.

Product PurchasedSamsung Galaxy Note 10+
timberau

timberauBrisbane

Quick delivery, however had a demonstrated fault and they refused to replace, wanted $70 to return faulty phone

Product PurchasedXiaomi Mi 9T
Sam

SamSydney, NSW

Horrible

They sent my 1st phone faulty! I had to return it! I ordered 2nd phone, after 4 days they saying they dont have stock however their website still showing in stock!

Alex L.

Alex L.South East Queensland, QLD

Don't waste your money!!!

Bought a samsung s8 plus mobile thinking it was an Australian Samsung phone but came from overseas. Signal didn't work at my house when every other phone I have had works fine. It broke in a couple of weeks, waited months for a new one and still has signal issues. I would not buy a phone again from this online store. Wasted my money and time. Would not refund my money.

Product PurchasedSamsung Galaxy S8+

New phone purchase. Doesn't work and they won't replace it

Bought a new phone and it was faulty. Wouldn't replace it so I had to send it back. They said they fixed it and now I have it back only to find it won't work on Australian networks. They say this is not covered under their warranty. Service takes forever and is absolutely hopeless

Buttons

ButtonsSydney, NSW

Good price and dealings with them initially A Different Story When Things Go Wrong!

Refused warranty claim

We purchased 23 tablets at a good price which we were happy about, however, one of the tablets had a problem with the screen when we took it out of the box. I sent the device back to Toby Deals who flatly claimed that we had physically damaged the device with use. They wanted to charge an amount almost the full price we paid to have the device repaired or $70 to have it sent back.
Very disappointing!

Product PurchasedSamsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
amin a.

amin a.Perth, WA

genuine return Policy and after sale service

I was so nervous buying from them, but their after sales team proved that they are much better than even Aussie retailers. They accepted my refund of a mobile phone, after I proved my case

Product PurchasedXiaomi Mi 9 SE 64 GB