Toby Deals

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (58) · No

Paul K.
Paul K.South East Queensland, QLD

Will not honour warranty

I ahve purchased several phones and devices from them, just be aware that they will not honor the warranty. Firstly they said it was water damage (which was not possible in my case) than claimed physical damage of some kind, even though it had not been dropped, all this with only a picture of the phone.

Yes prices are good, and I recommend them, but I hope my friends never have a problem.

BCT
BCT

Mis-representation of goods, No warranty, dreadful after sales service

Dyson V11 sent was damaged and was in fact a USA model, not Australian. This was misrepresented in the advertisement. There is no warranty in Australia and Toby deals refused to do anything about the damaged vacuum wand.

I suspect that they are taking advantage of the disruption caused by the coronavirus pandemic and are just screwing whomever they can

Sara
SaraPerth, WA

Faulty phone but they say it's fine

I have a Xiaomi M9, it lasted 2 months before becoming faulty. Phone would get so hot it switches itself off, battery would last one hour and headphone jack would sometimes connect. They say it's fine now I have to pay to get it back. Why would I sent a perfectly good new phone away for over a month, if it's fine. Will never purchase products from them again

Mara Graxa L.
Mara Graxa L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Burning your money

Absolutely a waste of money. Don't buy electronics online. Purchased a Samsung A70 and it dies 1 month after purchase. Returned to store and said it was not covered by warranty due to physical damage. Shipping caused the physical damage. So apparently I threw away my money. Thanks!

Ramsku
RamskuSydney, Australia

Very bad after sales service

Buyers beware. Toby deals are great at point of sale, but once that deal is done, then forget getting something repaired or changed after even if the item is still under warranty.

My case was a mobile and the hoops they get you to jump to get the item to be seen is incredible.

Shop with care, better pay some more from outlets who are reputable rather than saving some dollars for a lemon after 11 months of use.

As for me, I’m gonna stir away from these guys. Never again they’ll see a sale from me.

Where to buy and how to choose a monitor and other home office needs

Wendy Z.20 Mar 2020
where-to-buy-and-how-to-choose-a-monitor-and-other-home-office-needs
MickSouth East Queensland, QLD

The product can not be used in Australia .

The product came supplied with a EU electricity lead and plug and as such I can not use it in Australia. Also it two weeks for them to send it when they said it would take three days

Mick

It took two weeks to send it

Stu M.
Stu M.Perth, WA

Won't cover a water proof smart watch with swimming function, due to water damage.

I purchased a smart watch from
Tobydealsau. My watch had issues so I sent it back. They won't cover the repair, because the watch has water damage. I purchased the watch because it has a Swimming function, and advertised it was water proof. Tobydeals do not seem to understand. Avoid this company!

John
John

2 weeks and 20 phone calls later still waiting.

It’s 2 weeks and 20 phone calls later and the product still hasn’t arrived. We have been told many times it will come the next day and it never comes. Not worth it, go into a store and buy your item instead.
Edit-another week and I’ve paid for insurance which I shouldn’t need anyway as we have simple laws but they are refusing to pay and saying an investigation will take 4 weeks!

Cez
CezAU

Non existent aftersales customer service. Dodgy

I bought a Nokia 6.1 in June 2019. Great price and colour, great features too. This was only used a handful of times when I went overseas. 3 months after, the phone stopped working and no matter what I do its on download mode. Contacted this company and no courtesy to reply to emails. Will never buy again. Poor aftersales customer service. Be WARY

Rob W.
Rob W.Belconnen 2617, ACT

very slow reply. couldn't get faulty replaced

very slow delivery, and the item was sent faulty. took me over 1 week to ask for the replacement. Everyday 1 mail reply MAX. ask for over $100 to ship item back.

Abby
AbbySydney, NSW

Pixel defects in note10 samsung.

Rhonda P.
Rhonda P.South East Queensland, QLD

Very bad experience Never Again

Do not purchase from this organisation. After months I am still trying to get a working phone or refund. The phone arrived not working, they advised I had to pay postage to HongKong for repair and now I have to pay $70 to get my faulty phone sent back. They claim it works, which is untrue. It has an intermittent data drop our problem which I had verified by 2 independent repairers.
In addition they refuse to correspond with PayPal. Never again.

Sam
SamSydney, NSW

Horrible

They sent my 1st phone faulty! I had to return it! I ordered 2nd phone, after 4 days they saying they dont have stock however their website still showing in stock!

terrible

Sent me the wrong product and is refusing to refund it. They are saying the phone is cracked but this is impossible as I never took it out of the packaging

Alex L.
Alex L.South East Queensland, QLD

Don't waste your money!!!

Bought a samsung s8 plus mobile thinking it was an Australian Samsung phone but came from overseas. Signal didn't work at my house when every other phone I have had works fine. It broke in a couple of weeks, waited months for a new one and still has signal issues. I would not buy a phone again from this online store. Wasted my money and time. Would not refund my money.