Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Steam

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Steam (page 2 of 3)

2.4

Ash L

Ash L

Don’t waste your money!

I brought the Tommie Tippee Steriliser thinking it was a good brand. After a couple months of using the heat pad began to turn black in certain spots. I contacted the Careline. They asked for an explanation on how I use the machine which I explained through email. I followed the instructions on how to sterilise.
I was told the heat pad corroded. They didn’t warn me it was no longer safe for my baby bottles! I had to ask! They refuse to fix/repair it as they claim it only breaks if you do not clean it their way...but it was already determined I followed their cleaning protocol perfectly! So I was pretty much called a liar! And told to buy a new one.

Sarah

SarahSydney

DO NOT RECOMMEND!!HORRIBLE!! NOT WORTH IT!!

I have had my Tommie Tippee Steriliser for 5months now and since the beginning it has left a brown colour almost like a burn on the bottom of the steriliser. A few days ago the machine just wouldn't turn off leaving a burning smell. I contacted the Careline. They asked for an explanation on how I use the machine which I explained through email. I followed the instructions on how to sterilise but they were not one bit interested in fixing it or sending a replacement even though it was still under warranty. Instead they said they could not help any further. Very dissapointed!!! Customer service was not there. They only care for sales! Do not recommend!!

SallyM

SallyMSydney

Does the job

Have been using this for our bottle fed bub and at first I didn’t like it because the element smelt burnt however after using for 2 months I’m pretty happy. It’s much more convenient that boiling and cleans better than using the Milton tablets. I now just make sure that I put more water in than the line indicates and wipe clean the element after every use.

Bottle Warmers & Sterilisers

Find out how Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Steam compares to other Bottle Warmers & Sterilisers

Luci Bruce

Luci Brucerothwell

Big and Bulky

This steamer is perfect for cleaning numerous bottles at once. But dont be in a rush, it takes more then 5 minutes to complete. Its big and Bulky and takes up alot of room on the bench top lucky we have alot of bench space keep this put.of the rode of everything.

Just got to remember to clean and descalr in between wash, if you dont then you get the burnt smell and the bottles sometimes have that smell.

Matt

MattBrisbane

Junk products - not worth the effort

This product and all the other electrical items from Tommee Tippee are not worth the time to use or the effort to find them.
This device didnt work out of the box, their "careline" is unsympathetic to parents and their "3-4 days" to send out a new device took 5 weeks and by that time we had settled into a routine of using a Milton steriliser.

Please don't rely on these devices. I understand that some people like them but all the gifts we got from friends that were Tommee Tippee (electrical items) don't work, have issues or dont work to capacity.
The company knows they only need to make a device that will work for a short amount of time so they make them cheep.

Jackie Winfrey

Jackie WinfreyNewcastle

Takes so much space

It took me a while to get used with this steamer, the buttons are not where I expected the to be and I have to move a go around it a little bit to figure where the buttons were. This steamer also takes so much space on my kitchen counter which is a con. :(

Paula13

Paula13Melbourne

If you are buying this, you should have a big space in your kitchen

I love this product because it functions well. I love that the bottles are still sterilized after 24 hours and it is very hygienic because of the big lid that comes with it. The tiny parts of the bottles have places in all the steamer which makes the job easier although a little time consuming when you take them off the steamer. Overall, I think this a great steamer. The size is just big.

Bonkers

Bonkersvic, 3350

It has its downsides..

This product was given to me as a gift to be an alternative to boiling bottles over the stove. However from day one the element browned having a permanent burnt smell even after descaling.

This goes on the bottles and although I would presume they are sterilized, I still need to rise them with boiled water.

It also takes longer then the advertised 5 minutes cycle time. About 10-15 minutes instead.

Elaine

ElaineBrisbane

Love it

Love this product very fast and reliable only thing I have noticed is I can't seem to find any rescaling tablets anywhere for this so is there is no way of cleaning it unless I use vinegar other than that I'm very happy as I have had it a long time and it has never let me down old but still going strong

Rip off & bad quality!

I loved Tommee Tippee because of their bottles but all the other products are so poor quality. Bought the electric steriliser in a pack so it was not cheap.
Two weeks ago I bought it, the water had gone brown, the hot plate has burned the plastic at the bottom of the bottle stands, it has left a very sour smelling stench almost like vinegar on my bottles & its sticky! Very disappointed :( I rang TT but they just told me to clean it another way or try and return it to my store I bought it :/

Meljai

MeljaiBrisbane

Brilliant product!

After much deliberation we purchased the Tommee Tippee Electric Steam device. The product is easy to use and clean and the bottles cleaned exceptionally well. The thing I like the most about the device is the assurance that the bottles are cleaned to an exceptionally standard. I highly recommend this to mums that are busy and need to ensure that their babies bottles are cleaned to a high and safe standard.

shorty84

shorty84Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

It steams, it cleans.

Brought this in a pack with bottles and cleaning brush, this is amazing steamer, i tired it at the hospital and couldnt wait to go home and use mine. I have descaled with white vinger and then steamed it with no bottles and works a treat. My bottles are so clean, no funny smells and this is so easy to use.

jtlld

jtlldSYDNEY

Its button broken twice within 9 months. Baby bunting asks manufacturer to repair

Its button broken twice within 9 months. I have difficulty to replace or refund it under warranty. Baby Bunting asks to wait for manufacturer to repair it or buy a new one. For the small goods like this, please buy from the shop that looks after its customers under the warranty .

Great until the element broke

Lol099

Lol099Adelaide

Good product

I like the facet that it can be in your kitchen counter and doesn't take up too much room.
I also like that it only takes 20mins to complete the cycle.
I have found however that I need to clean it out almost after every use.
Able to handle constant use.

harpersnarper

harpersnarperSydney

Was great until rust and discolouration on bottles

I loved the whole set, even switched from Philips bottles. Despite the large size we travelled with it-long haul. After ~6 months of use the plate corroded and rust/orange marks started staining bottles. Customer service were beyong unhelpful and advised that it was user error and to go back to the store (???) Buy if you only need sonething short term as it will not last.

Mel C

Mel CSydney

Excellent steriliser

Purchase this steriliser as part of a start up pack whilst it was on special at baby bunting. cankot failt this steriliser it has never skipped a beat. Easy to use, quick to set up and fits all my pigeon baby bottles easily. I have had it on my bench top for the past 12 months and has daily use. It can start to discolour on the inside after a while but that just means it needs a descaling. A bit of white vinegar and water put through a cycle cleans everything right up. It is large, so never took it with me while travelling I used Milton tablets instead. Overall a great product and I would recommend buying it.

The worst steriliser I've ever had

I have 6 children and used avent sterilisers in the past but this time I thought I would give Tommie tippee a try as they seemed to be more popular. Big mistake, wish I had kept to avent. The lid lifts up and it whistles while its sterilising. The hand on the bottle part keeps coming loose and it takes a lot longer than 5 mins to sterilise. Wasn't happy with the bottles either as the teats kept caving in and giving the little one wind. Would not recommend these products.

Ruru

RuruMelbourne

Great Product, until....

I loved this steriliser when I first purchased it, however not long after started realising the hot plate started peeling away. Tried descailing it as recommended once every 4 weeks but still done the same thing. Disappointed with the customer service as they didn't help the situation. Also I hated that the lid of the steriliser doesn't sit secure which I found unsafe, I don't recommend this product as it seems to be so easy to use however comes with headaches.

Katie

KatieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very handy for expressing mums or bottle feeders

I thought this was a great product to begin with. I purchased it in a pack that had the steriliser, bottles, teats, a bottle warmer, bottle brush etc. It was great value.

The issue I had was that after descaling it, part of the heating element seemed to be coming away? When I have finished sterilising there is little black flecks of stuff were floating in the water at the bottom of the steriliser. The water also turned a brownish colour. I stopped using it when it did this, as I didn't feel like the bottles were clean.

See all Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Steam reviews