Tommee Tippee Gripper Straw

Tommee Tippee Gripper Straw

See the Best Training Cups in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Terrible

I would not recommend this training cup, as every time I used it it leaked. I had taken to keeping it in a plastic bag every time i had to go out because i was sick of it leaking all through my nappy bag.

The lid is really hard to unscrew for filling up and cleaning and even my husband had trouble removing it.

However, the straw is of excellent quality (does not have a flow valve) and is very thick, which is good for a teething toddler who chews everything.

Once you are able to get the lid off it is really easy to clean, and doesnt have ten million pieces that can get lost.
The straw was excellent for a toddler that likes chewing on things, it is very durable.
Every single time i used this training cup it leaked. it did not leak from the straw, but from around the edges where the top screws on (which incidentally is also extremely hard to get off)

Definately worth a go, initially I bought a straw cup that had a valve and my baby could not use it (you had to squeeze straw with teeth while sucking) but it only took a few minutes for baby to work this one out.
Great alternative if baby won't take a bottle or sipper cup. The lid closes to keep straw clean. No valve so easy for baby to drink from. Nice easy to grasp handles. Cup can be dismantled for a thorough cleaning when required.
For some unknown reason the top is always really hard to get off when it comes to cleaning

Bad

The plastic bits coming off was particularly disappointing as my toddler was able to leave these lying around for the baby to consume. I wouldnt be investing in one again.
Soft straw. Easy to carry around.
Plastic on handles peels off. leaked and broke after a couple of months, where similar products held up much longer.