Tommee Tippee Nappy Wrapper Tub

Tommee Tippee Nappy Wrapper Tub (page 2 of 4)

See the Best Nappy Disposal Systems in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

OK

I bought the unit and refills on special so was not an expensive outlay. I used it a lot at the newborn stage when we were having very frequent pooey nappies and always changing baby on the change table in the nursery. Now he is nearly six months old and very wriggly, most of the nappy changes take place on the floor, not in the nursery. I find it easier to just put the nappies straight into the main bin and avoid double handling. So overall I think it is a GOOD system, but a bucket and nappy sacks would work just as well and be much cheaper. Probably would not buy again.
Great at the start when you are changing nappies every couple of hours, so you dont need to keep going to the bin. Compact unit, relatively easy to use.
Expensive refills. Fills up very quickly. Cutting blade on my unit doesnt work properly.

Good

Would recommend this for the first six months because it is so handy and seals the smell in beautifully. I do not use it as they recommend - by twisting the plastic everytime you put a new nappy in, as it becomes too expensive, only to have all the nappies slide down to the one spot when you take the "noodle" out. I used to untwist it, but the nappy in, and then re-twist the plastic, so you get a solid nappy pile (sausage) at the bottom, and not the cheerio effect (of lots of little sausages). Brilliant until baby starts solids, and then the whole plastic container starts to smell!! Try to borrow one.
Extremely handy in the nursery - and a newborn baby uses SO many nappies!!
No good after baby starts solids - due to the stool smell!!

Bad

If you look on ebay people are pretty much just trying to get rid of them because they are crap! I ended up just putting them in my regular bin in my kitchen because it was so grose to change the bin. I say dont bother with this one
This is a great idea that hasnt been pulled off by tommee tippee. Great brand name.
The idea is great but it smells so bad when you change it that it nearly made me puke everytime i changed. The cartrages are way too expensive for just plastic that doesnt even hold the smell!!

OK

got this as a gift but would never buy it for myself as it is too expensive to replace the plastic bags, find it just as easy to get a nappy bag and throw it straight in the bin.
quick and easy to dispose of nappies and holds the smell in
cartiages are too expenise for plastic bags

OK

Easy to use & reduces the smell in the house. Cartidges are readily available to buy but also expensive. The smell of the nappy bin is revolting & makes emptying it a horrible job. But nappies smell, so either your bin smells, or your nappy bin smells. I'd rather change a nappy bin once a week than have my whole house stink. Great idea for those in the country who don't have a garbage service or wheelie bins.
Does eliminate the overall bad smell. Simple to use. Replacement cartridges are readily availble at most department stores. Great idea for me as I live in the country & don't have a garbage service or wheelie bin.
No smell comes out, so it all must stay in! Changing the bin is revolting. I actually put bad nappies in scented nappy bags first which helps a little. But still a gag-worthy job. Very hard to get the bad smell out of the bin. Airing it outside is the best way. And disinfecting regularly. Replacement cartridges seem fairly expensive.

Good

I got this as a gift before my son was born, I wouldn't have purchased one, but it is handy. I use it for poo nappies only to save a walk to the outside bin each time so it's been good to have. The refills are too expensive to use for wee nappies too. As mentioned above, the bin keeps the smell inside when the lid is closed, but when you open the lid to put a new nappy inside the smell gets out and it's (of course) horrible! Emptying the bin requires a nose peg!! Would still recommend if you are prepared for the smell when lid is open and for expense of refills. I am still on my first roll of plastic and our son is nearly 7wks old (the bin has had to be emptied a few times, but you can just cut/rip the plastic and throw out the used part, then re-tie the plastic and keep using the same container). I only use it for poo nappies so 2 a day or so, but I'm happy I haven't had to re-fill the plastic wrap yet.
easy to use
hold your breath when you open the lid to put a nappy in - the smell is horrible it doesn't tend to keep the smell in the bin after you open the lid (but cannot smell anything with lid closed), refills are expensive

I have one in the baby change room which is upstairs. It saves me a lot of running around and contains the odours very well. I am onto my second baby and have had no complaints - even my husband finds it easy and effective to use. It is obviously better for less smelly newborn nappies, but after solids introduction you switch to the heavier duty bags and all is contained. The cartridges last ages - I'm on 3rd 1 and bub is 4.5mths (+night nappy of toddler) & can be picked up in boxes of 4 for price of 3 easily. I empty base once a week most weeks. I love mine, it is so simple & effective.
Best for Newborns through to introduction of solids... but can be used afterwards. Saves me a walk to otto bin every poopy nappy.

OK

We bought this for our first child as the idea that it would contain the smells was very appealing and it worked pretty well however every time I had to empty the bin and the plastic wrap unravelled I felt so guilty that there was almost a third as much again in plastic that didn't contain nappies.
The double twist after each nappy sealed in the smells, it was easy to buy the refills, easy to pick up a good quality second hand model cheaply on ebay
Waste of plastic, it uses a lot for each nappy, we went through a lot of refills

Terrible

I don't think I needed to buy this. I think a normal bin that can be sealed and the cheap plastic scented nappy bags do the same job. I think this is a waste of money and the refills are a rip off.
Great idea to store nappies hygienically and stop bad smells. Good reliable brand. Probably the best know and most popular of all nappy bins.
The refills are too expensive. By the time you've bought a few refills you've nearly bought the whole bin again. We ended up just using it as a normal bin and buying the cheap plastic scented nappy bags instead. It still worked well as it's an airtight bin stopping all odours. It was too expensive to keep buying refills and you use them so quickly too.

Terrible

Very expensive. Not what it used to be. I would only recommend this product to those people I didn't like. I would recommend you use nappy sacks and toss them in the wheely bin.

Some time ago the refills used to be a resonable quality(thickish plastic with an odour neutralising scent). Now the quality has gone and they are just trying to make as much money as they can (which is a lot if you continue to use this system). The plastic they now use is as thin as tissue paper and the smell of dirty nappies is no longer neutralised. Once you open the lid which is every time you change bub you better hold your breath or you'll be cleaning up spew as well.

Terrible

overall it is a crap product and im not happy with it at all,i love tommee tippee products i have alot of them .i have been using them since i had my first child,now with my third baby i wanted to use more and new products,and found this one not very good...im hoping it was just a bad one made and maybe with a new one it will work the way its ment to,but you guys will be the only ones to know for sure why this happened.im still going to buy your products but id like this one sorted as i really liked the idea of what it does and would like one that works properly,if possable....thank you...liz....
i thought it was a good way to store nappies without smell,germs ect...it looked like a good product.
after using it i was very disappointed...it makes my daughters room smell...especially after you open the lid to put the next nappy in....even with the very first nappy going in makes it smell..and also when you put the nappy in and twist to close it,it doesnt twist properly,it opens up even if you keep twisting,it wont close most times....i thought it was ment to be a really good product,if i knew these things were going to happen i would have never bought one,you would thing paying almost $90 it would work really well.

Good

I like the product cause it locks in all the smells that you dont want to have in the nursery room but the down side is refill is too expensive but if you think about it 1 refill can last for about 3 weeks or more depends on baby i usually put the number 2 in the tomee tippee bin and the number 1 just in the regular bins but would recomend you buying one from ebay or borrowing it from someone you know dont pay full retail price as i did it's not worth paying alot for.
the most I like about the bin is that it locks in all the bad smell from the number 2
hate it when i just finished changing my baby and i have to put the nappy in the bin and stand there trying to twist and push down the nappy it just takes too much time when i could of been just chucking it in the normal bin refills are very expensive

OK

I wouldn't recommend buying one to anyone I know. If they thought they would like to try it anyway, I'd just give them mine because it just sits in the corner of the nursery collecting dust.
Saves a trip to the bin every time you change a nappy, which seems good in theory at the beginning when you are changing nappies every few hours.
It sits in the corner collecting dust. Even at the beginning, it was easier to just walk to the kitchen bin and empty it every day.

Good

I found these really convenient. They kept most of the smell out, I put bi carb soda in the bottom which helps with the smell. And keep nappy bags and if it is a really smelly nappy I use them or change it straight away. It does need to be changed every day, but I do all our bins every day so no big deal. I found it really great, especially at first when you're changing nappies all night.
So convenient, especially when you have a toddler and can't just pop the baby down
The refills are expensive and use SO much more plastic than you think they would have to. Has to be bad for the environment

Good

We use ours all the time, and continue to do so with our 2nd child, it's great for our 2 storey house, and we make sure we buy the cartridges in packs and on sale, as they are exy, even so, they still cost a bit, but worth it for the convenience.
Fantastic for 2 storey houses. No more having to lug every nappy downstairs everytime a nappy change is required! It's great a containing the smell to the inside of the unit (until you open the lid to put another dirty nappy in!)
The refills can get quite expensive, so make sure you buy in the packs to save a bit. Once the child starts on solids, there is no way to avoid smells when you open the lid. Needs thorough cleaning to rid of smells inside the bin and inner lid.

OK

I found this system very effective and easy to use. It is also quite compact so fits into small space. The newborn catridges lasted about 3 weeks as did the 6mth+. I got this when it was on special so it was cost effective and I only buy refills when they are on special. You don't save too much buying bulk packs of the refills either.
Contains smells well. Simple to use.
Price of refills are expensive.

Good

I actually really liked this system and couldn't understand those that didn't. It was great not having to take the dirty nappies outside or having to waste a nappy bag everytime, especially in the early days. The smell was contained, but as the child got older I found you did need to empty the bin more frequently!
Not having to take the nappies to the outside bin everytime and it does contain the smell.
Refills are expensive, I only purchase when they are on special.
I have the yellow one and it has fallen apart a bit but then again it is 3.5 years old!

Good

We have found it very useful and convenient. We do not have to fiddle with getting a nappy bag out each time in order to dispose the dirty nappy. Dirty nappies are sealed individually so minimal odour escapes. Tip: We empty the bin every day (sometimes every other day) and have no problems with bad smells.
Seals the dirty nappies well, easy to use with one hand and hygenic, requiring minimal handling of soiled nappy.
Pricey bin and refills, especially if you look at the cost of the refills in relation to buying disposable nappy bags.

Good

The Tommee Tippee Nappy Wrapper is a great product that I received as a gift and I ended up buying one for someone else as a gift. To make the refill last longer I only put wet nappies in the wrapper and dispose of soiled nappies in nappy bags. This also stops the nappy bin getting smelly. In addition to this, when baby gets older nappy changes are less frequent as well and so is the interval between when you empty the bin.
This nappy wrapper is absolutely fabulous for locking in nappies and gives an instant way to get rid of them. My unit has lasted 5 years.
The refills are way too expensive.

its an ok system, i wouldnt buy it again, shopping bags are cheaper! The smell is REALLY bad when you take the lid off and after a couple of pooy nappies you have to empty it as the smell does escape when you put the next nappy in.
easy to use once you know how, limits smells, easier than going out to the bin everytime.
anyone that comes to visit cant work out how to use it, but its fun watching them try and work it out! refils are expensive, and i have a few refils where i have not been able to use about a metre at the start as its been damaged.