Tommee Tippee Nappy Wrapper Tub

Tommee Tippee Nappy Wrapper Tub (page 2 of 4)

3.1

agmorris

agmorris

MotherOfFive

MotherOfFiveBrisbane, Queensland

Good

Would recommend this for the first six months because it is so handy and seals the smell in beautifully. I do not use it as they recommend - by twisting the plastic everytime you put a new nappy in, as it becomes too expensive, only to have all the nappies slide down to the one spot when you take the "noodle" out. I used to untwist it, but the nappy in, and then re-twist the plastic, so you get a solid nappy pile (sausage) at the bottom, and not the cheerio effect (of lots of little sausages). Brilliant until baby starts solids, and then the whole plastic container starts to smell!! Try to borrow one.
    Extremely handy in the nursery - and a newborn baby uses SO many nappies!!
    No good after baby starts solids - due to the stool smell!!

josnsw

josnswGeelong

Bad

If you look on ebay people are pretty much just trying to get rid of them because they are crap! I ended up just putting them in my regular bin in my kitchen because it was so grose to change the bin. I say dont bother with this one
    This is a great idea that hasnt been pulled off by tommee tippee. Great brand name.
    The idea is great but it smells so bad when you change it that it nearly made me puke everytime i changed. The cartrages are way too expensive for just plastic that doesnt even hold the smell!!

Nappy Disposal Systems

Find out how Tommee Tippee Nappy Wrapper Tub compares to other Nappy Disposal Systems

damienkristie

damienkristie

OK

got this as a gift but would never buy it for myself as it is too expensive to replace the plastic bags, find it just as easy to get a nappy bag and throw it straight in the bin.
    quick and easy to dispose of nappies and holds the smell in
    cartiages are too expenise for plastic bags

micsmit82

micsmit82

clare_skye

clare_skyeAU

ozzyturn

ozzyturnNSW, 2074

I have one in the baby change room which is upstairs. It saves me a lot of running around and contains the odours very well. I am onto my second baby and have had no complaints - even my husband finds it easy and effective to use. It is obviously better for less smelly newborn nappies, but after solids introduction you switch to the heavier duty bags and all is contained. The cartridges last ages - I'm on 3rd 1 and bub is 4.5mths (+night nappy of toddler) & can be picked up in boxes of 4 for price of 3 easily. I empty base once a week most weeks. I love mine, it is so simple & effective.
    Best for Newborns through to introduction of solids... but can be used afterwards. Saves me a walk to otto bin every poopy nappy.

Tanya

Tanya

OK

We bought this for our first child as the idea that it would contain the smells was very appealing and it worked pretty well however every time I had to empty the bin and the plastic wrap unravelled I felt so guilty that there was almost a third as much again in plastic that didn't contain nappies.
    The double twist after each nappy sealed in the smells, it was easy to buy the refills, easy to pick up a good quality second hand model cheaply on ebay
    Waste of plastic, it uses a lot for each nappy, we went through a lot of refills

Snoop77

Snoop77

Terrible

I don't think I needed to buy this. I think a normal bin that can be sealed and the cheap plastic scented nappy bags do the same job. I think this is a waste of money and the refills are a rip off.
    Great idea to store nappies hygienically and stop bad smells. Good reliable brand. Probably the best know and most popular of all nappy bins.
    The refills are too expensive. By the time you've bought a few refills you've nearly bought the whole bin again. We ended up just using it as a normal bin and buying the cheap plastic scented nappy bags instead. It still worked well as it's an airtight bin stopping all odours. It was too expensive to keep buying refills and you use them so quickly too.

Terrible

Very expensive. Not what it used to be. I would only recommend this product to those people I didn't like. I would recommend you use nappy sacks and toss them in the wheely bin.

Some time ago the refills used to be a resonable quality(thickish plastic with an odour neutralising scent). Now the quality has gone and they are just trying to make as much money as they can (which is a lot if you continue to use this system). The plastic they now use is as thin as tissue paper and the smell of dirty nappies is no longer neutralised. Once you open the lid which is every time you change bub you better hold your breath or you'll be cleaning up spew as well.

BAStrasser

BAStrasserQueensland, 4170

OK

I wouldn't recommend buying one to anyone I know. If they thought they would like to try it anyway, I'd just give them mine because it just sits in the corner of the nursery collecting dust.
    Saves a trip to the bin every time you change a nappy, which seems good in theory at the beginning when you are changing nappies every few hours.
    It sits in the corner collecting dust. Even at the beginning, it was easier to just walk to the kitchen bin and empty it every day.

lbj39

lbj39

Good

I found these really convenient. They kept most of the smell out, I put bi carb soda in the bottom which helps with the smell. And keep nappy bags and if it is a really smelly nappy I use them or change it straight away. It does need to be changed every day, but I do all our bins every day so no big deal. I found it really great, especially at first when you're changing nappies all night.
    So convenient, especially when you have a toddler and can't just pop the baby down
    The refills are expensive and use SO much more plastic than you think they would have to. Has to be bad for the environment

tigerlily

tigerlily

Good

We use ours all the time, and continue to do so with our 2nd child, it's great for our 2 storey house, and we make sure we buy the cartridges in packs and on sale, as they are exy, even so, they still cost a bit, but worth it for the convenience.
    Fantastic for 2 storey houses. No more having to lug every nappy downstairs everytime a nappy change is required! It's great a containing the smell to the inside of the unit (until you open the lid to put another dirty nappy in!)
    The refills can get quite expensive, so make sure you buy in the packs to save a bit. Once the child starts on solids, there is no way to avoid smells when you open the lid. Needs thorough cleaning to rid of smells inside the bin and inner lid.

Oscarsmum

Oscarsmum

OK

I found this system very effective and easy to use. It is also quite compact so fits into small space. The newborn catridges lasted about 3 weeks as did the 6mth+. I got this when it was on special so it was cost effective and I only buy refills when they are on special. You don't save too much buying bulk packs of the refills either.
    Contains smells well. Simple to use.
    Price of refills are expensive.

rwright75

rwright75

Good

I actually really liked this system and couldn't understand those that didn't. It was great not having to take the dirty nappies outside or having to waste a nappy bag everytime, especially in the early days. The smell was contained, but as the child got older I found you did need to empty the bin more frequently!
    Not having to take the nappies to the outside bin everytime and it does contain the smell.
    Refills are expensive, I only purchase when they are on special.
    I have the yellow one and it has fallen apart a bit but then again it is 3.5 years old!

Ckkimmy

Ckkimmy

Good

We have found it very useful and convenient. We do not have to fiddle with getting a nappy bag out each time in order to dispose the dirty nappy. Dirty nappies are sealed individually so minimal odour escapes. Tip: We empty the bin every day (sometimes every other day) and have no problems with bad smells.
    Seals the dirty nappies well, easy to use with one hand and hygenic, requiring minimal handling of soiled nappy.
    Pricey bin and refills, especially if you look at the cost of the refills in relation to buying disposable nappy bags.

kfmcnm

kfmcnm

Good

The Tommee Tippee Nappy Wrapper is a great product that I received as a gift and I ended up buying one for someone else as a gift. To make the refill last longer I only put wet nappies in the wrapper and dispose of soiled nappies in nappy bags. This also stops the nappy bin getting smelly. In addition to this, when baby gets older nappy changes are less frequent as well and so is the interval between when you empty the bin.
    This nappy wrapper is absolutely fabulous for locking in nappies and gives an instant way to get rid of them. My unit has lasted 5 years.
    The refills are way too expensive.

JHCopeland

JHCopeland

its an ok system, i wouldnt buy it again, shopping bags are cheaper! The smell is REALLY bad when you take the lid off and after a couple of pooy nappies you have to empty it as the smell does escape when you put the next nappy in.
    easy to use once you know how, limits smells, easier than going out to the bin everytime.
    anyone that comes to visit cant work out how to use it, but its fun watching them try and work it out! refils are expensive, and i have a few refils where i have not been able to use about a metre at the start as its been damaged.

See all Tommee Tippee Nappy Wrapper Tub reviews