Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature Sangenic Nappy Wrapper System

Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature Sangenic Nappy Wrapper System (page 2 of 3)

3.6

• Comfort

Refill quality has really dropped

We have had our bin for three years now and when we first purchased it, I would recommend it to everyone I knew having a baby - over the last few months our bin has done nothing but stink since Tommee Tippee appear to have changed the quality of the plastic bagging system. The smell just seems to permeate.

Katty97

Katty97Perth

Comes in handy

I have been using Sangenic plus bin since my first baby and I am very satisfied with that. However I also have to agree that the refills are rather expensive too. I was looking for some cheaper refill alternative and on UK ebay I came across some czech shop selling sanuten foil which you can refill into original cassettes. I bought 200 m of foil and it is equivalent to about 20 cassettes for Sangenic and 32 for Angelcare bins. It works fine and is much cheaper.

The smell is unbearable

I purchased this as it was more economical than my previous one, and cartridges were easier to find. However, after about two months the bin started to smell and six months on the bathroom and down the hall stinks to. I change it at least twice daily (I have triplets) and every time one of my babies does a poo yet the smell prevails. Very disappointed as my other one didn't smell like that and I had it for 12 months.

Nappy Disposal Systems

Find out how Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature Sangenic Nappy Wrapper System compares to other Nappy Disposal Systems

Bin's great but there is a refill alternative out there!

Hi Guys,
Just been using the Sangenic bin for quite some time. As with most of the comments, we have found the refills to be really expensive. We stumbled across a product called the PooTube (pootube.com.au) which offers a cheaper AND biodegradable alternative to the original Sangenic Refills. So far they have been working well and certainly worth checking out.

RhysTucker

RhysTuckerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The refills are just too expensive

The product is a good idea, but is uneconomical compared with other bags. Its a bit like a cheap printer, at first it seems cheap, but when you have to replace the cartridges it ain't cheap anymore

Anon-ymous

Anon-ymousVictoria

Excellent, so happy I tried it

Mummy C

Mummy CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Keeps away odours

I have two wee ones in nappies and have found the sangenic disposal system to be so convenient. I put all number twos in to the sangenic and empty once or twice a week. The bathroom remains odour free. It is very simple and basic to use, empty and change the cassettes.
Simple and effective

llsy

llsyMelbourne

Easy to use

We bought it a few months before our first baby was born, so actually we had no idea how well this bin would work at the time. But shortly after the baby came home, we found the bin is really handy and convenient, especially during the night time. And it contains the odour well inside bin. However, the refill is really expensive... the good news is that I've found someone in Melbourne providing cassette refill service at a much lower price. We used, and be honest, it's pretty good. You may search it on eBay or internet.
Very easy and convenient to use. Keep odour away.
Original refills are expensive

Sammy
Sammy

HI IIsy - Can you please advise from where you buy those refill cassettes?

Jacstar
Jacstar

Keen to hear where to buy generic refills too :)

Newmother86

Newmother86Gold Coast

Great Product!

I bought this when I was pregnant and have loved it ever since! I do agree that you do go through the refills very easily if you put both wee and poo nappies in so I made it more affordable by only putting poo nappies in the bin and wee ones in nappy bags.
Reliable, Easy to use
Expensive refills

KP1509
KP1509

I agree..although I won't give this product a 5-star (3.5 stars from me) as the cost of the refills is quite expensive. And I do the same thing: only poo nappies in this bin.

ElovesA

ElovesAAU

Our favourite product

LadyOfThree

LadyOfThreeQLD, 4570

The best midnight nappy wrapper.

We bought this nappy wrapper for our newborn. Its saving my sanity night after night, instead of fiddling with difficult nappy bags for the many dirty nappies i change. I just put the used nappy in, and twist the handle and its done. Its also keeps stink away! We went on holiday and left the bin in our room during a very hot week, came back and couldnt smell a thing. I would recommend this nappy wrapper to any new mum.
Easy to use, stops stink
Can be considered expensive with upwards of 10 dirty newborn nappies a day

Atterol

AtterolBrisbane

It works but the replacement cassettes are expensive

The bin does contain the smell as promised but the cassettes run out very quickly and they aren't cheap. I tried to prolong the use of mine by only twisting when it was a dirty nappy but this didn't really make much difference. I wouldn't recommend this bin. I think you would be better finding a bin that doesn't need the cassettes.
Helps with smell
Cassettes are expensive and run out quickly

O H

O HWaikiki, WA

Saves late night bin runs

I got this as a gift and have really liked using it.
I find that it contains the nappy smell really well and like the fact that we don't have to keep running out to the bin.
I also like the new refills that are specially for babies 6months + as their nappies smell worse and need the extra strength.
Refills can be expensive especially at new born stage and if you use alot of nappies daily.
I think it could be bigger and hold more nappies.

Does the job

Works well, easy to use, does what it's meant to do. A quick tip, buy the refills on ebay, I get 3 for $30 delivered from Belfast
Easy to use
Refills in Australia are expensive

Apaws

ApawsAU

Can't live with out

kazm76

kazm76Southwest, VIC

Convenient way of storing dirty nappies

This was given to me as a gift. Not sure I would buy it but I like it. Easy to use. I'm still using it a year later. His really dirty nappies go straight into the bin outside and not this bin.
Can store a lot of dirty nappies in the bin, looks tidy, doesn't smell
Not sure if economically it works out cheaper than using individual bags and refills expensive and don't seem to last long

l_ozza

l_ozzaAdelaide, SA

Has been mostly good

MzCill

MzCillQLD, 4370

Great for keeping out smell!

It is a great tidy looking bin and is great at keeping out the smell, though bin liners are expensive. I only used it for a short time.
Kept out smell, looks tidy
Expensive to buy the bin bags

Good for about 4 months

This disposable system was good for about 4 months, easy to use, kept smells away, easy to dispose of nappies and easy to clean. until about 4 months after using it I couldn't open the lid without feeling sick from the smell! I tried to clean it with everything imaginable even tried to let it air out for a week outside. Nothin work it still smelt foul!!
That it didn't smell when the lid was closed, easy to use and easy to dispose of once full
Expensive refills, I never got the refills unless they where on special. And the smell after 4 months of using it

sleeny

sleenySouthwest, VIC

Refills are too expensive!

The bin does work well, contains smells & well made however when purchasing this product i was told by shop staff that a cassette would last one month, about 9 days is all we get...on an average of 7 nappies per 24hrs.
You can buy the refills on special for $49 (4pk) but i think thats way too expensive for just over one months supply.
Contains smells & i like that i dont have to go out to the bin each nappy change.
Its simply too expensive to keep buying the refills

See all Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature Sangenic Nappy Wrapper System reviews