TomTom Spark

TomTom Spark

• Battery Life
kasee
kaseeMid North Coast, NSW

Good watch but the watch band is horrible.

Purchased in November 2016 at eBay for $399.00.

Scott F.
Scott F.Sydney, NSW

Good Watch but Watch Strap Breaks To Easy

I received this watch as a gift.
I was very happy with the watch itself BUT the major flaw is the watch strap. The strap broke after only 8 months and I have had two further TomTom watch strap replacements that have also broken in the same place. I contacted the TomTom support team who admitted they have had issues with the straps but they were not prepared to replace mine again as it is now deemed out of warranty. It is my expectation that the strap should be able to support the watch but clearly they are substandard.
In my opinion, until they solve this problem, avoid buying TomTom sports watches.

Purchased in June 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $200.00.

Amanda
AmandaBrisbane

Great basic fitness watch

This watch does everything I would like it to do. The music function is great (although it does drain battery fairly quickly) and it is overall reliable for running. I like how it tracks daily activity and that you can set HR zones and programs when training. The only downside is that 1) I don't find it great looking, in fact, it's pretty ugly and 2) you can't import workouts from for example TrainingPeaks as you can with a Garmin.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Ric
Ric

Great Cheap Multisport Fitness Watch

I have the original Spark and note some reviews are of other versions. The original one is multi-sport and works well. (It does not have heart rate or music and no issues with the band)

As good as the watch is, the main issue is delayed or incorrect pacing which is the key reason for using it on my runs etc. I can find that I have the wrong pace by 30sec/km and this can affect my ru as I am still unsure how to gauge without the watch.

Unfortunately, the watch does not link well through bluetooth and the app so it has to be plugged into my desktop computer which is fine... but now I've read Tom Tom may be getting out of fitness watches and not updating their app, so this is a concern.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
KevO
KevO

Won't buy another

Had to purchase another watch band after 12 months which was supposedly improved, it broke within 6 months and the battery needs to be charged daily to use the GPS. Contacted Tom Tom to inform them about the issues and received a standard response telling me that I will have someone contact me about the issues, that was over 2 months ago and still nothing. I do like some of the features but have decided to get another brand of sports watch and it has lived up to it's promises so far.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Top 5 Smart Watch Brands for Women

Smart Watches are a convenient and stylish way for women to keep track of their health, socialise with friends and family, and stay organised amid the business of life. Now there are more smart watches designed for women than ever before.

Isabella G.
Isabella G.30 Nov 2020
top-5-smart-watch-brands-for-women
Pamela
PamelaWestern Australia

Great watch

Bought this from Harvey Norman 18 months ago, had no real dramas. The watch itself has great functionality, with a range of sports being tracked. Plus HR monitor, GPS and phone connectivity. Plus you can put music on it and connect your Bluetooth headset to it for handsfree running! The watch itself is a little bit bulky, but it isn't too much.

Only issue I have had is that after about 12 months, the strap started to break. I contacted TomTom and they sent out a free replacement no dramas - arrived pretty quickly too. I did get a cheap replacement one off eBay in the mean time, which was fine too. Customer support was great to deal with at TomTom.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
tanyamneill
tanyamneillSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing

I love my watch, though a little bulky for my small wrist. Due to a design fault, I'm onto my third watch strap. This time round im going to buy a cheap one off eBay as the tomtom branded ones are not lasting well and at $40 a pop is making this an expensive watch.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Joel
JoelRockhampton

Great watch but for the band

Purchased this watch around 6 months ago. Great watch, fast and accurate GPS signal, and the multi-sport options are useful. The daily step and sleep tracker are also informative. I like the weekly goal function. Unfortunately, the strap recently broke, which is the first main problem encountered with this watch.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Jennie
JennieOmaha

It's ok but not that great in comparison

I originally bought this tracker because of the great features but after 1 year of having it I've ran into a lot of complications. First of all the band broke. The company was nice and replaced it but since then the new band has started to break as well. It doesn't stay clasped and needs to be constantly redone. My biggest problem with this tracker overall is that it does not sync to any nutrition apps like my fitness pal and the display and functions are not that user friendly. I had a Fitbit before and found it to be much easier to navigate and use in a real world, normal person situations. If Fitbit would've had a water proof tracker in the same time frame and price range I would've bought it instead! Hands down!

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Leanne
LeanneLabrador

Great watch but the strapes sux.

Love the watch, use to track at the gym and runs, GPS accurate, sleep tracking is poor but I'm not overly worried about that. Only thing I have to complain about is the strapes don't last. I've had my watch since June 2016 and I'm on my fourth strape at $39.95 plus postage for a $350 watch it really sucks.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Jaden
JadenMid North Coast, NSW

Bluetooth not very good...but...

This watch is great for running, not very accurate for swimming though, in fact it is woeful. Another downfall is the Bluetooth connectivity, the range is extremely bad. They do however list recommended wireless headphones, albeit they also tell you which hand you may get reception on. I have some good jbl’s and find that it works as long as you don’t put your watch hand behind or beside your body, so pretty much only a line-of-site with the watch. Great if you are running, not so good if you are walking and want to listen to music.
The software is great but once again I have difficulties connecting to a smart device.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Cat
CatAustralian Capital Territory

Terrible

This product was pretty bad. The heart rate monitor barely worked, I had trouble syncing with my phone and my sleep wasn't recorded.

I returned it the day after I purchased it because it was that bad. If it can't record sleep or my heart rate there's no point in getting thus opposed to something else.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Bob
BobBrisbane

Great fitness watch, fiddly software

I've had the Tom Tom Spark Music Cardio with Bluetooth headphones for more than a year and love it. I use it for logging my runs and swims. As long as you update the satellite data every few days (easily done) then it syncs to GPS very quickly and tracks very accurately. Love the wireless music (and podcasts) and strap-free HRM.

Two biggest downsides:

Tomtom's firmware updates. They occasionally temporarily bork the watch which then requires a reset. Not earth-shattering but not very slick. I've been using their fitness watches for about 3 years now and this seems a trend.

The software to add music isn't very user-friendly.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Styler
Styler

Simple but effective

I had a GPS watch where I had to wear a chest monitor to measure heartrate. It's so great that this watch can track my heart rate from my wrist AND also has GPS to measure how far I run. It also has inbuilt interval training programs that you can set from the watch (ie without the computer) so you can make up a training session on the go.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Martn
MartnSydney

Good watch except the belt

Purchase mid 2017 and now the watch belt is perished.

But other than that, it has been a good sport watch. It does it's job and light weight.
For me, TomTom spark is the only option for me.
I want a non-ugly-looking smart watch that cost less than 300 and can read my heart rate.and TomTom spark cardio does it beautifully

Date PurchasedJuly 2017