BabyDam Bathwater Barrier

BabyDam Bathwater Barrier

See the Best Baby Bath Seats / Stands in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BabyDam Bathwater Barrier? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Preggo L
Preggo LSydney Surrounds, NSW

Took me a few attempts

I was given one of these and it did not have any instructions. After a few attempts I was frustrated that it just didn't stick properly but I watched a YouTube video and once I wet the suction caps it worked most of the time....

I gave it 3 stars because although I got it to work and I still use it... it's does collapse easily when knocked and it doesn't seal 100%.

Doesn't fit bath

This concept is a great idea.
Pity that it doesn't work.
Our bath is not that wide and by bath standards, it is the regular width of nearly all the baths for sale in most plumbing stores.
If the edges of the baby dam would actually seal to the curve of the bath where the base of the bath meets the wall of the bath, then it might have actually worked.
They need to make the bit that meets with the curve of the bath wall and floor a bit longer or wider to ensure that the seal is water tight.
Or just make the baby dam wider

Mtr
MtrBallarat

Great concept, crap design

This product is such a great concept for saving water, it's a real shame poor design lets it down. The suction cups are so cheap and flimsy, they just don't stick and hold the thing in place so when you fill the tub the dam lifts up at the bottom and lets the water escape. I'm constantly pushing it back down to try keep the water in.

JamieMac
JamieMacBRISBANE

Limited design

Baby Bath Seats / Stands

Find out how BabyDam Bathwater Barrier compares to other Baby Bath Seats / Stands

kylx_18
kylx_18Adelaide, SA

Baby dam, shame on you!

csw0101
csw0101Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great idea but doesn't work well in practice

Have been using this product for 2 months. The BabyDam would only work maybe 30-40% of the time. As stated by some other reviewers if knocked it collapses. I've even noticed it leak if you pour water into the dry part of the bath and the water touches the suction cups.

Wish I read these reviews before buying!
Great idea
Doesn't work in practice and is very expensive for what it is

giajy003
giajy003

Bad

I still think the good old baby bath tub is better. You still need to bend your back. With a tub you can put it away when guests come & easier to clean. With the dam, you need to tuggle with the suction when removing it & make sure it's sealed tight again when putting it back in. Make sure you clean it thoroughly, with any plastic stuff, sud and mould can build up around the edges.
Fits into any bath tub size.
Can be used for washing the dog.
Saves water.
Good suction.
Still need to bend your back.
Sud build up around the plastic.

The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-baby-product-awards-for-2020
MrsEd
MrsEdPO Box 874, SA

Bad

Well I just don't like it. Too expensive for what it is (as others have stated, its just a piece of plastic) Lucky that mine was given to me as a gift, and I was very pleased as I thought it would be a great idea, but now I never use it, it just frustrates me! Always leaks, especially if you accidently knock it when the bath is full! Hoping anothe company comes up with a better design.
A great idea for water wise people.
Expensive to buy new, mine never seemed to seal properly, and leaks. Bathtime had to be done quickly before all the water escaped.

damienkristie
damienkristie

OK

This is a GREAT idea as it saves time, money and water. The only bad thing is that it gives way and you need to clean and dry your bath every time so the dam won't leak water to the other side of the bath. They are expensive for a piece of plastic.
Saves time, money and water and baby can have a deep bath to kick in.
Expensive for plastic and need to clean every time

Baby Bath Seats / Stands