Tony Ferguson Weightloss Program

Tony Ferguson Weightloss Program Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

38 questions from our users

mrmidget
mrmidgetasked

is the process healthy and can all people have it?

valco

Yes it is healthy, and as far as I know, anyone can have it. The drink is with either chilled water or skim milk.
You still have to eat sensibly.
Have a look at the book at any chemist that sells it and read it first.
Salad and fruit are mandatory at some point.
If you have a serious medical problem, consult your doctor first. Take a bit of information to your doctor and see what he/she says first.
I found it quite nice. If you can get the starter pack, it will be a lot cheaper and has 5 flavours. You can also buy the snack bars.
My hubby lost 6 kilos in 3 months. I lost 4 kilos in the same time frame.

James Mann
James Mannasked

Is there any co-relation with the product and symptoms of gout? It appears that my symptoms have returned since I started back on the program??

valco

If your gout has come on since going on the diet, I would go off it for a week or two to see what happens. I am not a doctor.
I did not have that problem.
Gout is caused by acidic foods and or beer. It is also caused by other problems.
If you google gout and causes it may tell you. Wikipedia has that sort of information.
I would consult the pharmarcy where you bought it from and get advice from there Or consult your doctor taking one of the product and the book.

MummyCampbell
MummyCampbellasked

Hi I was just wondering are the shakes safe as I have been told by a few people not to go on it as they are dangerous and you put more weight on when you stop is this true? As I have just signed up and would really like to go on them but I don't want to put my health at risk

Bride2be
Bride2be

I haven't used the shakes for a few weeks now. They haven't put weight on me. But I eat good healthy foods and exercise regularly. Some people
Expect the shakes to do all the work. They don't. You have to as well. I was 70kg and wanted to get down to 60kg for my wedding and I have managed to get to 63kg using them. I find them
Convenient. They just don't sell them locally for me so I can't get them all the time. I love the rapid ones int he coffee flavour . You need to have fruit, vege , salads, proteins with them. Don't rely solely on the shakes to do all the hard work for you. :-)

Courtneyasked

Hi there, I'd like to start the tony ferguson diet but am very weary as to whether or not the diet actually works, I have +/- 10kg to lose.
How effective is the diet? And are the products reasonably priced?
Would you suggest I go on the program or consume 2 shakes a day and eat the usual for dinner -meat and veg?
TIA

Hi Courtney
The program works if you follow it. I lost 8 kg in around 4 months. You have to sign up and they will guide you through what you can or cannot eat. You also get weighed each week which keeps you honest. The shakes were around $3.50 each but that was some time ago. If you are sensitive to sweetners I wouldn't recommend this program as they can cause diarrhea and bloating. I recently consulted my doctor and they have lot of other options to offer these days. I am using an isowhey shake and have cut out carbs and sugar. Losing 2kg a month and no tummy problems. Costs about $12 a week using 1 shake a day for this one. You can do 2 shakes as well with this.
Good luck I hope you get something useful from this.

Courtney

Thanks for your response will look into more options

Katt
Kattasked

Hi, I have been doing the shakes 2 a day for 4 weeks now and haven't lost any significant amount of weight. I find that I am more bloated than anything. Is anyone else suffered from this?

freddie

I had no problems with the Tony Ferguson shakes and lost quite considerable amount of weight .Actually i prefer the latest shakes to the original ones they are not so sweet .
My complaint was the way we paid two amounts of money to join before you could buy the product and then they were unavailable. I do believe now there is a chemist in Hobart selling but i do not know if you have to be a member to purchas or not

Roni

I guess everyone is different. Shakes wont work for everyone. It also depends on the amount of water you are drinking at least 2 litres a day and what else you are eating. The veg part is very important try for 5 serves a day and only two fruit. They should have provided this info with your consultation. You may be a bit lactos intolerant so you get bloating and gas.

Suzi
Suzi

You might be gluten and/or lactose intolerant. I was a big fan of these shakes until they changed the recipe. Yes, they aren't as sweet now but they have lost the creaminess they used to have. I still drink them but having to pay twice and getting no help at the chemist is really disappointing.
Good luck!

Ann
Annasked

Hi, can I make the shakes the night before to consume the following day for breakfast and lunch?

Roni

The shakes go very thick so mo I don't thinks so. They only take a minute in a shaker.

freddie

I have made them in the morning and taken them with me for lunch without any problems .Prefer them being thick anyway.

Annie
Annieasked

How do you recharge headphones?

freddie

sorry i cant help you with this question at all. I cant stand to wear them anyway

BarBar13
BarBar13asked

Do you have to be over a certain weight to do this diet? im 62kg now n want to loose a few kgs.

I only had to loose 30kgs and I did it, yah Tony Ferguson

shoki
shokiasked

I checked the fruit servings and could not find some of the fruits like litchis, figs etc. I like litchis, does it mean I cannot have them

Figs 4 small or 2 medium dried, Lychees fresh 8 medium

katy28
katy28asked

How much weight should I loose in the first month ?

joleen_adam
joleen_adam

Everyone loses weight differently. Anywhere between 0.5 and 2kg a week is normal. But you usually have your biggest loss in your first week. So you might lose 2kg or even up to 10kg in the first month.

Ren47
Ren47asked

I sufffer from severe osteophorosis. Is the diet ok for me?

Magdx

Better check with your Doctor.

jodiemietzel
jodiemietzelasked

Can I have celery and philly cream cheese as a snack? Also need other snack ideas....

Shaggyone
Shaggyone

Hi I eat all that but I do Buy the Lite Philly Cream cheese and You just Rash-en out how much you snack on. So a Tablespoon of Philly or Dip with a cup full of Fresh celery carrots stick etc.. Fruits and Nuts I use to snack on and I also buy Rice wafers, Salada's etc with tomatoes.. The list is endless.

13 almonds.

zandi
zandiasked

I want to lose 10kg where do i buy the product?

Terry White Pharmacy.

Crystal54
Crystal54asked

If you've already been a member do you still have to pay a membership fee ?

Tanya82
Tanya82

As far as Im aware you only pay one initial membership fee. I've been purchasing the shakes on a regular basis since January, 2008.

No, you don't.

Tilly64
Tilly64asked

Can we drink black tea whilst in this programme?

Magdx

Yes, up to 3 cups per day.
5 cups if you drink Green Tea. Good luck

hyacinth
hyacinthasked

Has anyone else noticed that the shakes have changed in flavour and consistancy I don't like them at all

penny39
penny39

this hasn't got much to do with the question but here goes
we no longer have the product here in canada they stopped the
program at the end of april so we are out of luck good luck to those
who are still on it

Magdx

I thought the shakes are all yummy. Not so sure about the munch bars.

Tigers12
Tigers12

I only buy the espresso flavour and l agree there is something different about the taste. I think it tastes like burnt coffee, not as nice as usual, l was thinking of returning this batch and trying another one, l was wondering if anyone else agreed

DW61
DW61asked

How much does the program cost?

Magdx

I can tell you - it's not cheap. Cost me over $150.00 for a starter pack (2 weeks' consumption).

fiona46
fiona46asked

I have crohnes disease and take azathioprine tablets and also diclofenac for joint problems can I do the tony ferguson diet?

Magdx

Why don't you check with your GP - it is better to obtain medical advice first. Good luck.

Marisol71
Marisol71

Fiona, I have crohn's as well and I know it was no problem with the old shakes but I'm not sure about the new ones as they are full of artificial sweeteners and these can cause us diarrhea. I used to use the old shakes when my crohn's was starting to flare up to give my system a rest and they were great but I have concerns about these new ones.

Get an answer from our members and Tony Ferguson representatives