Listing monitored by TorFx

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Too slow

Very pleasant agent but way too slow on the transfer. This was not made clear to me. They put a working day buffer in (really?! XE does not do that) which they further administratively cocked up - pushing me to the wire on settling on a house purchase.

Rates and Fees
Michael G.
Michael G.South East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed

TorFX promotes the fact that it watches the market 24/7 but this did not benefit my partner. She could have done just as well herself for the large amount she transferred.

Laura P.TorFx

Terrible customer service, no communication, delays, multiple necessary steps and no progress

Attempted to join this service to perform a wire transfer AUS to US. Was offered an account manager who never answered the phone. Multiple phone calls from my end, different person each time, more documents required each time. No communication from TorFx on progress or requirements, just me chasing them up and being requested to send more and more information. Felt Like An Identity Theft Scam! Was requested to provide passport, drivers licence, medicare card, credit card statement, bank statement, rental agreement, rental receipt.. each time an extra bit of information was requested. Gave up in the end, signed up with a competitor and performed a wire transfer within 15 minutes.
Joke of a service

Terry D.
Terry D.

Don't bother

Fake reviews here! Pay attention to the 'one star reviews' only. Once they have your funds you will be taken to cleaners, emails ignored, pathetic rate etc
ACCC or Queensland Fair Trading would love to hear about your experience with these clowns.

Rates and Fees
Chris
Chris

Be careful to ensure rates quoted on email are those you get when it come time to trade

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
JohannNZ
JohannNZGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't waste your time with TorFX

js parhar
js parharSydney, NSW

First impression is the last impression

Keep changing exchange rates and try to give you lowest exchange rate as possible even when their website show you higher rate.try with other exchange rate companies for better rates.

Getlegz
GetlegzPerth, WA

Impose fees and the rate is difficult to negotiate

Stick with XE trade

Never again wanted all my privacy and ban statements here and overseas been noting but hell he has taken me nearly 7 days to transfer money never again.

Stay well away

Never again kept looking for information on where the funds came from supplied them with info and in the wind up the even gave them 6 months bank statements. My accountant information still wanted more so just to advise you that i
never again will do do business with this company.

Laura P.TorFx

Hi Brian, we'd really like to investigate the issues you've raised but we can't find your records with the details provided. Could you possibly message us with your client ID or email address so we can look into this?

Some sort of nonsense!

I was trying to register my new account with Torfx. The lady get back to me to get some documents e.g. ID and bills to prove the address. I sent her water bills which issued by the agency to prove the address and my security bond issued by the government to prove my address, non of them were accepted! The lady replied they can't accept bills which is issued by the agency! They cant accept security bond issued by the government etc.... At the end we sent back and forth and took 1 week and half just to tried to get the account registered. Nonsense! Just to prove to the address! I gave up, I contacted to OFX and sent the same document to them, everything was fine and done on one day!

Woeful

After dealing for several years without issue, am told to submit a bank statement to say the money is mine being transferred. No attempt at all to solve the problem. Never deal with them, try alternatives.

Laura P.TorFx

Hi Tony, we're really sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the service you received. We'd like to look into the issues you've raised, could you message us with your email address or Client ID so we're able to investigate?

lucygee
lucygeeAU

Total crap

They took 6 days to tell me a US account, which i have previously transferred to with another broker, was "non-compliant".

Tor: Our compliance team has decided your account is non-compliant and we won't transfer the money
Me: Oh, can you explain to me why it is non-compliant
Tor: No the compliance team won't tell me
Me: Can you please ask the compliance team why?
Tor: I've spoken to them and i can't tell you.

Wow, you guys are so transparent and helpful.

Would have been 8k better off with my bank

I exchanged 200k. If I had used the banks I would have been 8k better off. Also money is paid into their account overseas with no apparent security confirming where and who has your money. Would not recommend forex at all. Stick with your bank.

Hi Phil,
We've sent you a message and will investigate the issues you've highlighted in your review as soon as we have a bit more information.

Phil
Phil
Naoko Folkens
Naoko Folkens

Customer service less than helpful

I found the customer service to be less than helpful. Once they get you signed up you have to keep chasing them with any queries you have as they won’t answer emails in a timely manner. This was frustrating because I had a limited time window to get my account up and running to transfer funds from Japan. As a new customer I did have a few questions as a lot of money was involved by our standards, but maybe for them only the really big fish get the best customer service.

Hi Naoko,
We're really sorry that you weren't happy with the service you experienced. We'd really like to discuss the issues you encountered, so one of our team will be in touch shortly.