• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Too slow

Very pleasant agent but way too slow on the transfer. This was not made clear to me. They put a working day buffer in (really?! XE does not do that) which they further administratively cocked up - pushing me to the wire on settling on a house purchase.

Rates and Fees
Michael G.

Michael G.South East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed

TorFX promotes the fact that it watches the market 24/7 but this did not benefit my partner. She could have done just as well herself for the large amount she transferred.

JohannNZ

JohannNZGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't waste your time with TorFX

Money Transfer Services

Find out how TorFx compares to other Money Transfer Services

js parhar

js parharSydney, NSW

First impression is the last impression

Keep changing exchange rates and try to give you lowest exchange rate as possible even when their website show you higher rate.try with other exchange rate companies for better rates.

Getlegz

GetlegzPerth, WA

Impose fees and the rate is difficult to negotiate

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Naoko Folkens

Naoko Folkens

Customer service less than helpful

I found the customer service to be less than helpful. Once they get you signed up you have to keep chasing them with any queries you have as they won’t answer emails in a timely manner. This was frustrating because I had a limited time window to get my account up and running to transfer funds from Japan. As a new customer I did have a few questions as a lot of money was involved by our standards, but maybe for them only the really big fish get the best customer service.

Hi Naoko,
We're really sorry that you weren't happy with the service you experienced. We'd really like to discuss the issues you encountered, so one of our team will be in touch shortly.
Best wishes,
TorFX

jill

jillsydney

Transferring funds

I bought GBP just before Christmas to transfer urgently to London . It took 2 days to sort through some issues and then I was told they would be in recipient's account the next day . they did not arrive and when I called on 28/12, 1 week later, I was told the funds would leave immediately i.e. up till then they had not been sent . I then phoned, twice emailed asking for an explanation I heard nothing - very poor service . Would not recommend company

Hi Jill,
We're really sorry to hear that you weren't happy with your experience. Your account manager will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss the issues you've raised.
Best wishes,
TorFX

Socratic View

Socratic ViewMelbourne

Beware rate quote

Torfx try it on with their rate quote over the phone; I found it to be significantly WORSE than the rate their own website quoted while I was on the phone to them. Even though the amount of money I was getting a quote on was substantially more than the 50k limit that you can do online. When challenged; the lady said 'oh let me refresh the rate'. Yes, nice try TorFX. I am calling you out on this; not impressed. It is clearly a technique they use.
Have several of these companies set up; and compare them online. Then ring them while looking at there live rates. Let's keep them on their toes.

Money went through but not at the promised rate.

All seemed great at the beginning but when it came to the wire, instead of the promised rate, there was two cents difference which meant an extra two thousand had to be paid.

Money Transfer Services

Find out how TorFx compares to other Money Transfer Services

Dave H.

Dave H.asked

When sending funds overseas can as a customers view the rates before sending is access through a porthole, and the rates being charged for transfer, regards

Matt
Matt

When you send foreign currency overseas you lock in the rates and pay for it before the funds are released. Once you have accepted the locked-in rate, it doesn't change.

Matthew B.
Matthew B.

As Matt said :) This company is awesome. No hassle at all and great rate.

Rosi

Rosiasked

Does TORFX transfer to Indonesia?

Ms.J

Ms.Jasked

How long the transfer going to receive from Uk to Philippines? Because my husband send me last October 17 suppose to receive october 19 bit until now not yet.. waiting the money to my account.. what Im going to do pls advise Im start to worry.. is that normal to have a delay??

Laura P.TorFx

Hi, if you ask your husband to give us a call we'll be able to give him an update on the status of his transfer.
Best wishes, TorFX

Get an answer from our members and TorFx representatives

Other Money Transfer Services