Listing monitored by TorFx

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness
Thadeusz
ThadeuszGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Works well online, works great when there are issues

I’ve been using TorFX for the combination of FX rates and fees (or lack thereof). This has worked well even though I wished they’d had an app. The UI on mobile is, well, a bit rough around the edges.

Recently I had to resolve an issue and it was really easy to get hold of someone and she resolved the issue really efficiently.

Rates and Fees

Terrible customer service, no communication, delays, multiple necessary steps and no progress

Attempted to join this service to perform a wire transfer AUS to US. Was offered an account manager who never answered the phone. Multiple phone calls from my end, different person each time, more documents required each time. No communication from TorFx on progress or requirements, just me chasing them up and being requested to send more and more information. Felt Like An Identity Theft Scam! Was requested to provide passport, drivers licence, medicare card, credit card statement, bank statement, rental agreement, rental receipt.. each time an extra bit of information was requested. Gave up in the end, signed up with a competitor and performed a wire transfer within 15 minutes.
Joke of a service

Terry D.
Terry D.

Don't bother

Fake reviews here! Pay attention to the 'one star reviews' only. Once they have your funds you will be taken to cleaners, emails ignored, pathetic rate etc
ACCC or Queensland Fair Trading would love to hear about your experience with these clowns.

Rates and Fees

Chris
Chris

Be careful to ensure rates quoted on email are those you get when it come time to trade

Stick with XE trade

Never again wanted all my privacy and ban statements here and overseas been noting but hell he has taken me nearly 7 days to transfer money never again.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Stay well away

Never again kept looking for information on where the funds came from supplied them with info and in the wind up the even gave them 6 months bank statements. My accountant information still wanted more so just to advise you that i
never again will do do business with this company.

Laura P.TorFx

Hi Brian, we'd really like to investigate the issues you've raised but we can't find your records with the details provided. Could you possibly message us with your client ID or email address so we can look into this?

Some sort of nonsense!

I was trying to register my new account with Torfx. The lady get back to me to get some documents e.g. ID and bills to prove the address. I sent her water bills which issued by the agency to prove the address and my security bond issued by the government to prove my address, non of them were accepted! The lady replied they can't accept bills which is issued by the agency! They cant accept security bond issued by the government etc.... At the end we sent back and forth and took 1 week and half just to tried to get the account registered. Nonsense! Just to prove to the address! I gave up, I contacted to OFX and sent the same document to them, everything was fine and done on one day!

Woeful

After dealing for several years without issue, am told to submit a bank statement to say the money is mine being transferred. No attempt at all to solve the problem. Never deal with them, try alternatives.

Laura P.TorFx

Hi Tony, we're really sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the service you received. We'd like to look into the issues you've raised, could you message us with your email address or Client ID so we're able to investigate?
TorFX

Excellent customer service and good rates, one confusing flaw.

TorFX says they have joint accounts, turns out they don't. Their idea of a "joint account" is that two people can share the same login details i.e. share a single account. Doh. This was very confusing and wasted quite a bit of time in my scenario of coordinating a series of related transfers between two people in different countries.
Customer service was otherwise great (thanks Natasha). I hope you prevail and get your IT and marketing people to pull their heads out of their fundaments and stop pretending that you have joint accounts, and actually implement them properly (i.e. two separate and distinct logins that can see the same set of contracts and transactions).

lucygee
lucygeeAU

Total crap

They took 6 days to tell me a US account, which i have previously transferred to with another broker, was "non-compliant".

Tor: Our compliance team has decided your account is non-compliant and we won't transfer the money
Me: Oh, can you explain to me why it is non-compliant
Tor: No the compliance team won't tell me
Me: Can you please ask the compliance team why?
Tor: I've spoken to them and i can't tell you.

Wow, you guys are so transparent and helpful.

Would have been 8k better off with my bank

I exchanged 200k. If I had used the banks I would have been 8k better off. Also money is paid into their account overseas with no apparent security confirming where and who has your money. Would not recommend forex at all. Stick with your bank.

Hi Phil,
We've sent you a message and will investigate the issues you've highlighted in your review as soon as we have a bit more information.

Phil
Phil

Good company to use

Had trouble signing in to my account. Had trouble with telephones however once sorted all was excellent service though the rate given was less than Currencies Direct

Review collected in partnership with TorFx

DmitriBrisbane

Giving me the run around

Would recommend not to use this company. Danielle giving me the run around, having sent my utility bill, then had to send my bank statement. Was advised that an online statement would be fine, then came back saying it needs to be a posted bill. Asking me the same questions which I have already answered. I have wasted enough of my time and will take my business elsewhere...Please ensure you destroy all my personal details that I have already sent you in accordance with legislation.

Dmitri

Having a look at all the other negative reviews for TorFX here on productreview and boy am I glad I dropped them like a bag of coal....

saeed
saeedMelbourne

This money transfer has become the worst nightmare of my life.

Scam
ScamVictoria

Do Not Use

D not use this company. It has taken a week of phone calls and complications to send money to India. I hate to think how badly I have done out of the rate exchange. I was asked to send so much information about where the money was to be transferred to (a Chartered Bank) and I still don't know if the money has actually been sent. Of course there is now the excuse that Christmas has slowed everything but the transfer was confirmed on Tuesday but the money will it arrive until after Christmas apparently.
Do Not Use