Listing monitored by TorFx

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Too slow

Very pleasant agent but way too slow on the transfer. This was not made clear to me. They put a working day buffer in (really?! XE does not do that) which they further administratively cocked up - pushing me to the wire on settling on a house purchase.

Rates and Fees
Thadeusz
ThadeuszGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Works well online, works great when there are issues

I’ve been using TorFX for the combination of FX rates and fees (or lack thereof). This has worked well even though I wished they’d had an app. The UI on mobile is, well, a bit rough around the edges.

Recently I had to resolve an issue and it was really easy to get hold of someone and she resolved the issue really efficiently.

Rates and Fees
Michael G.
Michael G.South East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed

TorFX promotes the fact that it watches the market 24/7 but this did not benefit my partner. She could have done just as well herself for the large amount she transferred.

JohannNZ
JohannNZGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't waste your time with TorFX

js parhar
js parharSydney, NSW

First impression is the last impression

Keep changing exchange rates and try to give you lowest exchange rate as possible even when their website show you higher rate.try with other exchange rate companies for better rates.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Getlegz
GetlegzPerth, WA

Impose fees and the rate is difficult to negotiate

Excellent customer service and good rates, one confusing flaw.

TorFX says they have joint accounts, turns out they don't. Their idea of a "joint account" is that two people can share the same login details i.e. share a single account. Doh. This was very confusing and wasted quite a bit of time in my scenario of coordinating a series of related transfers between two people in different countries.
Customer service was otherwise great (thanks Natasha). I hope you prevail and get your IT and marketing people to pull their heads out of their fundaments and stop pretending that you have joint accounts, and actually implement them properly (i.e. two separate and distinct logins that can see the same set of contracts and transactions).

Naoko Folkens
Naoko Folkens

Customer service less than helpful

I found the customer service to be less than helpful. Once they get you signed up you have to keep chasing them with any queries you have as they won’t answer emails in a timely manner. This was frustrating because I had a limited time window to get my account up and running to transfer funds from Japan. As a new customer I did have a few questions as a lot of money was involved by our standards, but maybe for them only the really big fish get the best customer service.

Hi Naoko,
We're really sorry that you weren't happy with the service you experienced. We'd really like to discuss the issues you encountered, so one of our team will be in touch shortly.
Best wishes,
TorFX

Good company to use

Had trouble signing in to my account. Had trouble with telephones however once sorted all was excellent service though the rate given was less than Currencies Direct

jill
jillsydney

Transferring funds

I bought GBP just before Christmas to transfer urgently to London . It took 2 days to sort through some issues and then I was told they would be in recipient's account the next day . they did not arrive and when I called on 28/12, 1 week later, I was told the funds would leave immediately i.e. up till then they had not been sent . I then phoned, twice emailed asking for an explanation I heard nothing - very poor service . Would not recommend company

Hi Jill,
We're really sorry to hear that you weren't happy with your experience. Your account manager will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss the issues you've raised.
Best wishes,
TorFX

Did what they said they would

Kept intouch and listened to to what I wanted. Responded when I needed guidance,. Were there to guide me through the process.

Easier than i thought

Found the whole procsss quite straight forward and also quick.

Chris Broadfoot who handled my enquiry was great and his communication was excellent.

I only knocked one star off because Torfx have spammed me relentlessly with emails since i signed up. Sometimes 2-3 a day and the unsubscribe link isnt working so im stuck with it atm.

Luke Nelson

Thanks for responding. The emails I cant stop are from a Caroline Dobson. Cheers.

Rachel Hamlen
Rachel HamlenSydney, NSW

Good service but you need to be personally vigilant

Not really any different from any other ForEx outfit; you cannot afford to relinquish your own research and responsibility. Don't trust the alerts system, it did not activate in my case.

Socratic View
Socratic ViewMelbourne

Beware rate quote

Torfx try it on with their rate quote over the phone; I found it to be significantly WORSE than the rate their own website quoted while I was on the phone to them. Even though the amount of money I was getting a quote on was substantially more than the 50k limit that you can do online. When challenged; the lady said 'oh let me refresh the rate'. Yes, nice try TorFX. I am calling you out on this; not impressed. It is clearly a technique they use.
Have several of these companies set up; and compare them online. Then ring them while looking at there live rates. Let's keep them on their toes.

Money went through but not at the promised rate.

All seemed great at the beginning but when it came to the wire, instead of the promised rate, there was two cents difference which meant an extra two thousand had to be paid.