Torino Galetta Retro

Torino Galetta Retro

See the Best Scooters in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Love the scooter but very unstable

Just bought this scooter few weeks ago !
I love the look and having a scooter is so practical.
It rides well on average and slow path, but on the freeway around 80km/h it feels very unstable, not very secured / safe to ride.
Even a friend rode it and told me he wouldn't try to go on any much fast road with it... while it's supposed to be used on freeways as well...

FYI my scooter is a Torino galette 125cc 2012, low kms, bought second hand

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Super retro scooter

I've bought Torino galleta and I'm more than happy. It's a super fine motorbike scooter, which you're going to be falling in love not only cause it looks like retro style but it's running so great all the time.
And if you consider to buy a scooter I have to recommend this one cause it is the best choice!

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Yash

YashSydney

Beautiful looking bike but an unstable run

I bought a used Torino Galetta just yesterday, which is a 2011 model and has done approx 4500kms. The body of the bike is in great condition but while riding the acceleration tends to cut off or drop in breaks despite of upward throttle which just feels like jerks. On roads with 50Km/hr limit its not very noticeable but on my way to work there is 4-5 km stretch on the motorway where I try to do 80km/hr but those jerks make it quite risky. Also the fuel gauge is not very stable. It drops on acceleration and then rises when standing still.

Susie

SusieSydney

Torina Gelato

I have only recently privately purchased my Torino Galetta and absolutely love her. She was the right price and had very low mileage and was as new.

Snapshot14

Snapshot14Melbourne

55, 000 km and still going strong

I have had my galetta for almot 6 years now. I use it for work and weekend leisure and average about 200km per week. I ride about 15 km each way to work and it has never let me down. I get it serviced regularly and the guys at Torino have always been gentlemen. The dealer in Melbourne has also been very helpful. I do look after the bike and it looks after me. It is without a doubt the best money I have spent in my life and highly recommend Torino.
Fun, reliable and economical

Rene Brown

Rene BrownChatswood(NSW)

Power, style and lots of fun

At first I was looking for a 200cc or more, but once I test rode the Galetta. It was all power I actually needed. The staff were helpful in explaining the scooter to me. And even help me organise full comprehensive insurance for $160.00 . In my trips to work I need to climb a steep hill and this little scooter conquers it. I would recommend the Galetta to all my friends and family and anyone for a great commuter.
Great handling, powerful machine

applepieSouth Coast

Torino Galetta; it's not so fast and furious

I have currently had my scooter now for one year, and I bought it second hand from my sister, who also had it for a year. It was really great to learn on, and fantastic on fuel (costs me $4 to completely fill up). The only problem I have is handling at high speeds, i find it difficult to turn and there isn't a great amount to room, definitely not enough room for a helmet. It also seems to lose speed quite quickly, and requires a lot of push to get it to top speeds.
On the plus side, it is comfortable and well proportioned and gets me from A to B.
Inexpensive, comfortable
speed management, powerloss

Great learner bike

I recently got my learner bike license and purchased a Torino Galetta. This scooter is perfect for new riders and I am sure experienced riders would enjoy it also. The seat is comfy, it rides well and feels very safe. I love the style and the colour options, mine is red! Anyone new riders or anyone looking for a great bike at a great price I would defiantly recommend the Galetta, you cant go wrong with this choice.
Smooth and comfortable ride, stylish and easy to ride.
No clock on the dash but not a big deal.

Torino 125

Good for new riders and people doing small/short commutes. terrible for longer trips or freeway. Fuel economy is about 3lt/100km cruising speed 60km, top speed 90km (after winding it up for a few minutes). Premium unleaded is best to help scoot away at traffic lights. Handling and cornering is poor at speed. Center stand scrapes if corner is taken too fast. Under seat helmet storage is too small for any helmet, room for Guinea pig !
Scott
Laptop Repairs DatumIT.com.au
price, easy ti zip thru traffic
fuel tank too small, storage too small for helmet, terrible handling at speed.

applepie

have you also noticed it tends to lose speed very quickly?

tif1606
tif1606

No mine dosnt. it shouldn't do that give them a call to sort it. im sure they will. im very happy with mine.

So far really good

Bought this scooter few days ago... got a bargain for what i paid for... really powerful scooter for the price i paid. those who work in city its a must to own. Not same built as known brand like Vespa or Kymco, but good enough to get you from point a to point b.

So far i am really happy with it, only cons is the brake are not as smooth as popular scooters, but hopefully it will be smoother after few hundred km of riding. Theres not much space under the seat, so you will need to buy a topbox for sure, but its dirt cheap when you combined the purchase of this bike with helmet and top box, all i paid is $2200 for the whole deal drive away :)
Retro Design
Not much Space, not superior built

Mipagrpe

Can you advise where you bought your scooter?

Mipagrpe

Also can it fit a small woman? 1.5m tall?

applepie

yes mipagre. I have a torino, bought it from Albion Park, close to wollongong. I am several cm taller than1.5m but i have foundit really great for height or shorter women.

Miranda16

Miranda16SYDNEY

What a find!

I love my new Galetta! I was recommended a Torino by a friend who had one, and since collecting it I just love to ride it around. Really easy to handle, great fun and a wonderful way to commute into the city each day. Highly recommended bike with some good features at an excellent price.
Great price, stylish and easy to ride

NikC

NikCSydney, NSW

Don't overlook this brand if your looking for a new scooter

Marzian
Marzian
Will00
Will00

I have used this bike for over 3 months ... no problems at all. Agree that leg/foot space is limited for a tall person. Can't complain quality of build ... but it starts and runs quite well. Cheap and easy to maintain.

Mipagrpe

Would it fit a petite woman? 1.5m or 5ft tall only?

Theresa22

Theresa22Sydney

Fantastic Scooter

Galetta Retro from Torino Motorcycles is a modern looking scooter with a single cylinder, 4 stroke, air-cooled engine that is highly powerful. I ride it daily to work and have not encountered any issues so far. Its ergonomic design and classy looks are a plus point. I’m really pleased with its performance.
Stylish, inexpensive, good mileage and fully comfortable.

Blimpy
Blimpy

Hi

Are the warranty services expensive? I read there is a 5 year warranty that surely must require many service conditions.

What a bargain

I purchased a Torino Galetta scooter in December 2011 because I wanted cheap transport into work everyday. Paid just under $2500.00 registered on the road. It is so cheap to run each day, about 1/3rd of the price of bus fair into the city and has been worth every penny. Being able to use the bus lanes in the morning saves me about an hour in travel time compared to driving in by car. My Galetta has been very reliable and fun to ride, I cannot praise it enough.
Style, Storage, Reliable andinexpensive to run.

Chirag c

Chirag casked

I have Torino famousa 150cc can I use 15W50 Castro 4stoke engine oil in it ?

I lost my user manual and don't know which engine oil to use .

Can you please suggests

Hi Chirag
The reconmended oil for the Famosa is a 10W40 4 stroke oil. Coming into summer the 15W50 will be okay but in winter it will take longer to warm up and circulate through the engine.
From Torino Motorcycles
02 9557 6180

E thornton

E thorntonasked

Hi there,

I have a Torino famosa. I haven’t rode my bike for a good 6 months. We have managed to kickstart it and get the battery going.

Shoud I top up the oil ? Or anything else I can do in the short time before I can get in for a service?

Torino M.Torino

Hi, Thank you for you inquiry. Put some fresh petrol in the scooter and give it a good run. Check your tire pressures, they most likey have gone done a little in that time. Check the level of the engine oil before adding any by placing the scooter on its main stand whilst on level ground. Dip stick has markers on it to check oil level or refer to the owners manual. If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us on 02 9557 6180.

Daniel G.

Daniel G.asked

Hi there, what type of spark plug does torino galetta use?

Hi Daniel
Thank you for your inquiry. The Galetta uses a NGK CR7HSA.

If yoy have any other inquiries please do not hesitate to contact us on 02 9557 6180.

Get an answer from our members and Torino representatives

CategoryScooters and Learner Approved Bikes