Torino Galetta Retro

Torino Galetta Retro

Love the scooter but very unstable

Just bought this scooter few weeks ago !
I love the look and having a scooter is so practical.
It rides well on average and slow path, but on the freeway around 80km/h it feels very unstable, not very secured / safe to ride.
Even a friend rode it and told me he wouldn't try to go on any much fast road with it... while it's supposed to be used on freeways as well...

FYI my scooter is a Torino galette 125cc 2012, low kms, bought second hand

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Intan thanks for your feedback. Thanks for your compliments on the look of our scooter. However we are disappointed to hear that you have bought a second hand scooter that is not running well. I can assure you that an unstable ride is not typical of any Torino scooter. Being second hand its history maybe unfamiliar to you and perhaps it could have been in an accident or it simply has not been serviced for a long time.If you email us at sales@torinomc.com.au we can tell you where your closest service centre is so we can have the scooter looked over, free of charge. We will have you enjoying the quality ride that we pride ourselves on in no time. Torino scooters have been around since 2005 and we have sold thousands of scooters nationwide.In some years we have topped commuter scooter sales in certain states of Australia. We are still growing fast with lots of new models on the way and we remain committed to pleasing our customers with top quality bikes and service.

Super retro scooter

I've bought Torino galleta and I'm more than happy. It's a super fine motorbike scooter, which you're going to be falling in love not only cause it looks like retro style but it's running so great all the time.
And if you consider to buy a scooter I have to recommend this one cause it is the best choice!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Beautiful looking bike but an unstable run

I bought a used Torino Galetta just yesterday, which is a 2011 model and has done approx 4500kms. The body of the bike is in great condition but while riding the acceleration tends to cut off or drop in breaks despite of upward throttle which just feels like jerks. On roads with 50Km/hr limit its not very noticeable but on my way to work there is 4-5 km stretch on the motorway where I try to do 80km/hr but those jerks make it quite risky. Also the fuel gauge is not very stable. It drops on acceleration and then rises when standing still.

Hi Yash thanks for your feedback. Thanks for your compliments on the look of our scooter. However we are disappointed to hear that you have bought a second hand scooter that is not running well. I can assure you that an unstable ride is not typical of any Torino scooter. Being second hand its history maybe unfamiliar to you and perhaps it could have been in an accident or it simply has not been serviced for a long time.If you email us at sales@torinomc.com.au we can tell you where you closest service centre is so we can have the scooter looked over, free of charge. We will have you enjoying the quality ride that we pride ourselves on in no time. Torino scooters have been around since 2005 and we have sold thousands of scooters nationwide.In some years we have topped commuter scooter sales in certain states of Australia. We are still growing fast with lots of new models on the way and we remain committed to pleasing our customers with top quality bikes and service.

Torina Gelato

I have only recently privately purchased my Torino Galetta and absolutely love her. She was the right price and had very low mileage and was as new.

55, 000 km and still going strong

I have had my galetta for almot 6 years now. I use it for work and weekend leisure and average about 200km per week. I ride about 15 km each way to work and it has never let me down. I get it serviced regularly and the guys at Torino have always been gentlemen. The dealer in Melbourne has also been very helpful. I do look after the bike and it looks after me. It is without a doubt the best money I have spent in my life and highly recommend Torino.
Fun, reliable and economical

Power, style and lots of fun

At first I was looking for a 200cc or more, but once I test rode the Galetta. It was all power I actually needed. The staff were helpful in explaining the scooter to me. And even help me organise full comprehensive insurance for $160.00 . In my trips to work I need to climb a steep hill and this little scooter conquers it. I would recommend the Galetta to all my friends and family and anyone for a great commuter.
Great handling, powerful machine

Torino Galetta; it's not so fast and furious

I have currently had my scooter now for one year, and I bought it second hand from my sister, who also had it for a year. It was really great to learn on, and fantastic on fuel (costs me $4 to completely fill up). The only problem I have is handling at high speeds, i find it difficult to turn and there isn't a great amount to room, definitely not enough room for a helmet. It also seems to lose speed quite quickly, and requires a lot of push to get it to top speeds.
On the plus side, it is comfortable and well proportioned and gets me from A to B.
Inexpensive, comfortable
speed management, powerloss

Hi there, it sounds like your scooter may simply need a service.Please email us a sales@torinomc.com.au so we can assist you. Regarding space for a helmet, a half face helmet fits under the seat and our optional extra back-box allows for a full-face helmet. Just a quick note to let all our potential customers that we also have a 150cc scooter now available for those looking for extra grunt! Please call us on 1300 468 674 for more info! Regards Torino motorcycles.

Great learner bike

I recently got my learner bike license and purchased a Torino Galetta. This scooter is perfect for new riders and I am sure experienced riders would enjoy it also. The seat is comfy, it rides well and feels very safe. I love the style and the colour options, mine is red! Anyone new riders or anyone looking for a great bike at a great price I would defiantly recommend the Galetta, you cant go wrong with this choice.
Smooth and comfortable ride, stylish and easy to ride.
No clock on the dash but not a big deal.

Torino 125

Good for new riders and people doing small/short commutes. terrible for longer trips or freeway. Fuel economy is about 3lt/100km cruising speed 60km, top speed 90km (after winding it up for a few minutes). Premium unleaded is best to help scoot away at traffic lights. Handling and cornering is poor at speed. Center stand scrapes if corner is taken too fast. Under seat helmet storage is too small for any helmet, room for Guinea pig !
Scott
Laptop Repairs DatumIT.com.au
price, easy ti zip thru traffic
fuel tank too small, storage too small for helmet, terrible handling at speed.

Hi Datum thanks for your feedback. Thank you for noting that out scooters are very economical. We are happy that you have rated our scooters as "good" but would like you to feel that they are as excellent as we do. One in every four scooters that sold in NSW last year was a Torino and we would like you to be completely satisfied like our other thousands of customers are. From the information posted we cant work out from our records who you are but if you could contact us we would like to pick your bike up to check it over and attend to anything necessary absolutely no charge. Contact us anytime sales@torinomc.com.au or 1300 GO TORINO. Thanks Torino Motor Cycles.have you also noticed it tends to lose speed very quickly?No mine dosnt. it shouldn't do that give them a call to sort it. im sure they will. im very happy with mine.

So far really good

Bought this scooter few days ago... got a bargain for what i paid for... really powerful scooter for the price i paid. those who work in city its a must to own. Not same built as known brand like Vespa or Kymco, but good enough to get you from point a to point b.

So far i am really happy with it, only cons is the brake are not as smooth as popular scooters, but hopefully it will be smoother after few hundred km of riding. Theres not much space under the seat, so you will need to buy a topbox for sure, but its dirt cheap when you combined the purchase of this bike with helmet and top box, all i paid is $2200 for the whole deal drive away :)
Retro Design
Not much Space, not superior built

Can you advise where you bought your scooter?Also can it fit a small woman? 1.5m tall?yes mipagre. I have a torino, bought it from Albion Park, close to wollongong. I am several cm taller than1.5m but i have foundit really great for height or shorter women.

What a find!

I love my new Galetta! I was recommended a Torino by a friend who had one, and since collecting it I just love to ride it around. Really easy to handle, great fun and a wonderful way to commute into the city each day. Highly recommended bike with some good features at an excellent price.
Great price, stylish and easy to ride

Don't overlook this brand if your looking for a new scooter

When I was seeking to buy a new scooter I was initially drawn by the design of this scooter. I did more investigation to ensure that I wasn't going to purchase form over function. I lived overseas for several years and rode a scooter and knew what I wanted in a scooter. This is a Chinese built scooter so I had my apprehensions BUT when the company selling them told me they have a 5 year warranty on the engine I knew they were putting there money where there mouth is.

Pros:
- Fantastic looking little scooter (retro style)
- Scooter actually rides well. Definitely comparable to the other 125's in its class
- Comes with the extra box on back (other places charge up to $400 nfor these things)
- 5 year warranty on the engine (no competitor offers that)
- Cost - at the time of writing I got my new scooter on road with nothing else to pay for $2,400

Cons:
- Build may eventually not be as good as others however this is still unproven
- Doesn't have the brand recognition that 'Vespa' has (but the engine warranty and price make this unimportant in my view).

Overall:
A great buy for the price and whats offered. I would suggest anyone include this in their list of scooters to consider.
Price, design, 5 year manufacturer warranty
Possible build quality not as good as competitors (this is unproven as the scooter is brand new)

Boyfriend owns one. He purchased it for $2200 came with topbox, windshield, full face helmet and price includes on road cost (CTP, registration). Torino also offers 1 year unlimited parts & labour warranty plus 4 year engine warranty. Unlimited! Unlike other scooters (possibly dealers) limited the warranty to 1 year or 10 000 km (some are even 6000 km). Every good rare brake, but front is not as good (maybe because it's only a new machine). Not much foot/leg space on offer compared to other scooters (eg. Sachs Amici). Handles are slippery, because of the metal design... will need to invest in some rubber tapes or gloves with a good grip. I have used this bike for over 3 months ... no problems at all. Agree that leg/foot space is limited for a tall person. Can't complain quality of build ... but it starts and runs quite well. Cheap and easy to maintain.Would it fit a petite woman? 1.5m or 5ft tall only?

Fantastic Scooter

Galetta Retro from Torino Motorcycles is a modern looking scooter with a single cylinder, 4 stroke, air-cooled engine that is highly powerful. I ride it daily to work and have not encountered any issues so far. Its ergonomic design and classy looks are a plus point. I’m really pleased with its performance.
Stylish, inexpensive, good mileage and fully comfortable.

Hi Are the warranty services expensive? I read there is a 5 year warranty that surely must require many service conditions.

What a bargain

I purchased a Torino Galetta scooter in December 2011 because I wanted cheap transport into work everyday. Paid just under $2500.00 registered on the road. It is so cheap to run each day, about 1/3rd of the price of bus fair into the city and has been worth every penny. Being able to use the bus lanes in the morning saves me about an hour in travel time compared to driving in by car. My Galetta has been very reliable and fun to ride, I cannot praise it enough.
Style, Storage, Reliable andinexpensive to run.

HI, I'd like to buy a scooter and really love the look of the Torino galetta (preferably in red) - according to reviews it seems that most seconds have issues with either speed on freeway or brakes, and the new purchases appear to be great. Is anyone able to advise me on the cost I should expect to pay for new and used one?

Hi we just bought a second hand galetta, but its in need of a new muffler & battery to bring it back to life, can anyone point us in the right direction on where we might find these parts? or what we should be searching for? (obviously were nooby scooter owners?)
Hi You can contact Torino Motorcycles on 02 9557 6180 and we will be able to assist you with parts. We stock the parts for the Torino Galetta and are able to ship parts Australia wide or you are able to pick up from Penrith NSW by appointment. From Torino Motorcycles. 02 9557 6180 www.torinomotorcycles.com.au

Which type of regulator i have to replace in Galetta? Everything is fine except the battery ran out very fast. I have to recharge the battery every 3-4 days because i use the scooter as the delivery. And how much for regulator? You can message me to this account. Thanks
We only stock the Genuine Torino regulator. You can contact us for pricing or send us your phone number and we will contact you. The regulator is in stock and we can ship the parts Australia wide. Parts can be purchased and paid for over the phone by contacting us on 02 9557 6180.

Galetta Retro