Torino Galetta Retro

Torino Galetta Retro Questions & Answers

38 questions from our users

Chirag c

Chirag casked

I have Torino famousa 150cc can I use 15W50 Castro 4stoke engine oil in it ?

I lost my user manual and don't know which engine oil to use .

Can you please suggests

Hi Chirag
The reconmended oil for the Famosa is a 10W40 4 stroke oil. Coming into summer the 15W50 will be okay but in winter it will take longer to warm up and circulate through the engine.
From Torino Motorcycles

E thornton

E thorntonasked

Hi there,

I have a Torino famosa. I haven’t rode my bike for a good 6 months. We have managed to kickstart it and get the battery going.

Shoud I top up the oil ? Or anything else I can do in the short time before I can get in for a service?

Torino M.Torino

Hi, Thank you for you inquiry. Put some fresh petrol in the scooter and give it a good run. Check your tire pressures, they most likey have gone done a little in that time. Check the level of the engine oil before adding any by placing the scooter on its main stand whilst on level ground. Dip stick has markers on it to check oil level or refer to the owners manual. If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us on 02 9557 6180.

Daniel G.

Daniel G.asked

Hi there, what type of spark plug does torino galetta use?

Hi Daniel
Thank you for your inquiry. The Galetta uses a NGK CR7HSA.

If yoy have any other inquiries please do not hesitate to contact us on 02 9557 6180.

Donna E

Donna Easked

HI, I'd like to buy a scooter and really love the look of the Torino galetta (preferably in red) - according to reviews it seems that most seconds have issues with either speed on freeway or brakes, and the new purchases appear to be great. Is anyone able to advise me on the cost I should expect to pay for new and used one?

ScootieDoobs

ScootieDoobsasked

Hi we just bought a second hand galetta, but its in need of a new muffler & battery to bring it back to life, can anyone point us in the right direction on where we might find these parts? or what we should be searching for? (obviously were nooby scooter owners?)

Hi
You can contact Torino Motorcycles on 02 9557 6180 and we will be able to assist you with parts.

We stock the parts for the Torino Galetta and are able to ship parts Australia wide or you are able to pick up from Penrith NSW by appointment.

www.torinomotorcycles.com.au

Lunets Lasked

Which type of regulator i have to replace in Galetta? Everything is fine except the battery ran out very fast. I have to recharge the battery every 3-4 days because i use the scooter as the delivery. And how much for regulator? You can message me to this account. Thanks

Torino M.Torino

We only stock the Genuine Torino regulator. You can contact us for pricing or send us your phone number and we will contact you.

The regulator is in stock and we can ship the parts Australia wide. Parts can be purchased and paid for over the phone by contacting us on 02 9557 6180.

Lunets Lasked

Which type of spark plug that i have to use in Torino Galetta?

Torino M.Torino

The Galetta scooter uses an NGK CR7HSA spark plug or equivalent.
We also have these available in stock if you would us to mail it out or you can pick up from our satellite warehouse in Penrith.

Lunets Lasked

Which gear oil & air filter i should use in Torino Galetta?

Thank you for your inquiry.
We have the items available to purchase and we are able to mail them out to you.
The air filter you will need a genuine item.
Gear oil is 80W transmission oil.
Engine oil 10W/40 oil. Make sure it is for a 4 stroke engine.
Please do not hesitate to contact us on 02 9557 6180 if you have any further questions or would like to order the parts.

Kristine M

Kristine Masked

Hi! Is this the correct battery for the 2012 Torino Galetta?
12V 7.2Ah SLA Battery
CAT.NO: SB2486
Thanks!

Hi Kristine

Thank you for your inquiry.
I am not familiar with that battery code.
The voltage is correct but our batteries are a 6Ah.

From Torino

Lunets Lasked

Which petrol should I use in torino galetta? unldeaded 91,95 or 98?

Thank you for your inquiry.

Use regular 95 petrol. You can also use 98 although not necessary.
Never use any ethanol fuels like 91, E10 or E85.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us on 02 9557 6180.

Vishal P

Vishal Pasked

I have a Torino Wengya green colour scooter of 2011 model. I want to replace the battery of the scooter. Which battery I should use and where can I find the battery? How to replace it?Thanks

Hi mate,
Battery is usually under your foot so just take the cover off and buy the same battery what you find there;) cheers

Hi Vishal
The battery code is a YTX7ABS. It is located under the floor mat, in the middle there is a cover with 2 screws and battery is under there. If you are not sure how to disconnect the battery it is best to have it done by a mechanic. Disconnect the negative wire first, then the positive. Never cross the wires because you can short the bike out. To install battery reverse the procedure.

You are able to contact us on 02 9557 6180 for assistance or to purchase a battery.

Garry

Garryasked

I have a 2011 Torino Galetta. I had a trickle charger hooked up to the battery and found that the wiring to the battery had melted. I disposed of the burnt wiring and replaced the battery. The lights, indicators, horn all work. I push the starter button..nothing. I have replaced the CDI module, the solenoid and spark plug lead and still nothing. When I place a screwdriver across the solenoid it kicks over but there is no spark. Can you advise where I go from here?

Hi Garry

Thank you for contacting us.

It is always difficult to diagnose an issue without seeing the bike. I would recommend taking the bike to a licenced mechanic to sort the issue out .

I would start with the basics and make sure the kill switch on the handle bar is working and in the on position. Make sure the side stand is up and the kill switch on that is working. See if the rear brake light kill switches are working. All these need to be working for the bike to start, otherwise you will not get spark.
Have you tested the starter switch on the handle bar to see if that is working?
If you had melted wires, it sounds like there was a short somewhere which will need to be located and fixed. Was it caused from the trickle charger or was it connected correctly.
You should check all the earths on the scooter.

Please call Torino on 95576180 for anymore assistance.
Regards
Cameron

Mari

Mariasked

Which is the best to buy for a very mature female learner to ride, a famosa or galatta

Hi Mari
Both scooters are great to learn on.
If you would like further information please do not hesitate to cantact us on 02 9557 6180.

Srikanth P

Srikanth Pasked

Which fuel should I use in torino wangye125 p?? E10?? Or unldeaded 91 or 95 or 98??

Hi Srikanth

Thank you for your inquiry.

We recommend using 95 or 98 petrol in our scooters. Never use E10.

If you would like further information please contact us on 02 9557 6180 or email sales@torinomc.com.au

From Torino Motorcycles

Anas

Anasasked

Hi i have torino famosa 125cc , where is the battery ? Cause i need to change the battery thanks

Hi
If it's same like a Galleta the battery is under your foot when you sit on the scooter

Hi Anas
Thank you for your enquiry.

The battery is located in the foot well down the centre spline. There is a cover in the middle with 2 screws. Lift this up and the batter is in there.

If you have any questions you are welcome to contact us on 02 9557 6180. We will be open from the 6th Jan.

Muoi Y

Muoi Yasked

I want to change the motor oil and gear oil. Which one should I use?

Hi Muoi

Thank you for contacting us.

We use 10W40 4 stroke engine oil & 80W transmission oil.

Intan C

Intan Casked

Hello there !
I just got a second hand Torino 2012.
It looks like everything is pretty much working fine however I was wondering if torinos engine are a bit slow? I feel like mine isn't reacting, kicking that fast and need to be boosted maybe?
And my friend also told me that maybe the front wheel would need to be centrées as riding a bit faster it feels a bit weird or so.
Any idea ?

Hi Intan

Thank you for inquiring about the scooter.

Our engines perform very well for their size. Being second hand it may need a service and a tune. If the front wheel is not centred I would suggest getting it looked at by a mechanic. It may have been in a little incident and may need aligning.

If you would like to contact us on 02 9557 6180 we can let you know where to take your scooter to be assessed.

Eamonn W

Eamonn Wasked

Hi I have a Torino galetta 2011 and I'm wondering is there any restrictor in it anywhere.is it in the variator or in the carburettor? Thanks

Hi Eamonn
The Galetta doesn't have restrictors in it.
If it is down on power it may need a tune and a service.
It would be best to contact us on 20 9557 6180 so we can help you or send us your number to sales@torinomc.com.au so we will contact you.

mattasked

Hi I 'd like to know about My Torino Famosa. What kind of spark plug will suit and what number of it?

Hi Matt
It is best to look at your owners manual. But if you don't have one the Famosa scooter runs a NGK C7HSA or NGK CR7HSA.

matt

Thanks a lot Sparky. I will try it.

Veronicasr30

Veronicasr30asked

Hi guys I changed the battery of my scooter torino and it work perfectly the first day. Second day it would make some noise and after trying for a while it would turn on. Today I can't turn it on but the lights are still working. What do think it could be? where do you recommend me to take it?

Hi Veronica.

It is best to contact Torino Motorcycles on 02 9557 6180 and they will be able to assist you.

Sounds like the battery is not holding a charge and is not cranking over the motor.

They would need to test a couple of things to see if the battery is going flat and if so, why it is going flat.

Depending on your location, but I would take it to a Torino Authorised dealer, otherwise a motorcycle or scooter mechanic.

From Joseph

Get an answer from our members and Torino representatives