5Torus Solo Cold Press Juicer

Torus Solo Cold Press Juicer Questions & Answers

3_Tropic_Staffies
3_Tropic_Staffies · Solo Cold Press Juicer Gen 2

I’ve been looking at all 286,503 juicers on the market and this one comes up with zero negatives. I’m in love with what I’ve read but my deciding factor is…
- I love pulp, so does it keep some or is it easy enough to just pop some in?

Preetesh P.
Preetesh P.

Sure is easy to add back in. Recommend this juicer

Torus Cold Press Juicers Australia   DM

Thanks Preetesh. You got there before me. Most people are wary of pulp in the juice. Thank you for the question Tropic Staffies. Your question proves that there are as many desires for what a juicer can do, as there are juicers! The Solo leaves very little pulp in the juice. However it is simply a matter of taking as much pulp as you want out of the pulp jug and adding it back into the juice. While on the subject of pulp, the machine tolerates a second pass of pulp so you can extract the final drops of juice. Best to add back slowly so as not to overwhelm the machine. Adding in a carrot, piece of celery or other hard produce at the end makes sure the second pulp press gets fully pushed through.

Anita M.
Anita M. · Solo Cold Press Juicer

I’ve been told cold press slow juices take a long time to juice and time is a factor during morning rush to work or school. How long does it take to juice some carrots or celery as an indication? And how big is the juice container? Tks

Torus Cold Press Juicers Australia   DM

Hi Anita, Thanks for your question. While also called "slow juicers" cold press juicers are applied this term for the speed of the auger (designed not to heat produce to protect nutrients) rather than the length of time they take to juice. The Solo can easily produce a couple of large glasses of cold pressed juice in 5 minutes. The big time saver is that, unlike other juicer designs, the sieve doesn't get clogged with fibre. Cleaning takes only a minute of two and is largely accomplished by a quick rinse. Being a purposefully compact machine, the juice jug holds about half a litre, but can be decanted into glasses or other containers while you make more. You can also substitute a larger bowl for the pulp container if you want to juice in quantity.

Balaji S. · Solo Cold Press Juicer

Can this one crush small chunks of sugarcane?

Torus Cold Press Juicers Australia   DM

HI Balaji, to be honest we don't know. We haven't tried sugarcane in the Solo, nor do we know anyone who has. I would be happy to try it and let you know, but not sure where to get sugarcane at this moment. If I can find a source I will post the result here.

Balaji S.

Thank you. I shall wait for your update if you are lucky to source sugarcane. Farmers markets may be the right place to buy sugarcane. Are you based in Victoria?

Oli
Oli

I just got my order of Torus Solo and I’m keen to know if it could juice sugarcane too !

Torus Cold Press Juicers Australia   DM

We still haven't tried it but my strong sense is that the thick fibrous elements of sugar cane could damage the juicer. The-big-no-no-in-juicing page on the Kuvings website warns about this. The machines I have seen used for the purpose are large, tailor made and industrial.

Tony S.
Tony S. · Solo Cold Press Juicer Gen 1

How does it handle leaf, as in kale, spinach

Torus Cold Press Juicers Australia   DM

Hi Tony, It handles all produce well. Kale and spinach no problem. That's the great thing about the juicer. No matter what you ask it to do, it does it.

paul w.
paul w. · Solo Cold Press Juicer Gen 1

Does it juice leafy vegatables?

Absolutely

Get an answer from our members and Torus Cold Press Juicers Australia representatives

Select a listing for your question
Torus Solo Cold Press Juicer