Caruso's Natural Health King Krill

See the Best Vitamins & Dietary Supplements in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Concentrate is Better than others - YMMV

After using Swisse Krill for years something changed and it did not work as well. I tried a number of other brands but found them comparatively weak for the same claimed mg and dose. Some companies label their EPA, DHA on their krill but most in Australia do not, although most companies responded to direct questions. They claim they are all the same being a natural product but based on the EPA and DHA content they are not, and differences of near double happen between brands! It is probably from differences in processing rather than the raw krill. Caruso King Krill Concentrate has been a family staple for a few years and each time I got tempted to try another because of price, I have always come back to the King Krill Concentrate that is different from the King Krill. Buying krill? Check the EPA, DHA, and if shown the astaxanthin, not just the prices and come ons.

Purchased in January 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store.

Effective Within A month

Heart and stomach with reflux

Caruso's King Krill oil 1000 odourless- Have tried other brands and not had this reaction before My heart felt uneven beats Had reflux and excess stomach gurgling Then realised I started taking Caruso's brand same time Stopped no more symptoms

Weak expensive product.

Very weak product. I used a competitors brand at half the potency (and price) 333 MG Krill. It cleared the pain from arthritis in my fingers. Went back to Carusos Krill, pain returned. Doubled the dose, still no benefit.

Customer beware

Having had joint aches for many years I thought I would try king krill oil tablets. Read the warnings. If allergic to seafood do not take. As I don't eat seafood I didn't worry. Big mistake as it turns out. Developed sore throat, swallow neck glands and teeth and gums that became alive with such severe sensitivity and rawness that swallowing numerous pain killers didn't deaden the worst pain ever. This continued long after visit to the doctors and dentist with no answers. Mouth ulcers. Teeth you couldnt touch etc.Crying with the pain and taking more pain medication. Could not work. Continued with the king krill oil tablets a week later. I then realized after a choking epsiode that my mouth issues began after taking king krill. I stopped them immediately. Pain has eased considerably. Not out of the woods yet but bearable. Obviously I was allergic to this product and didn't know it. So consumers BEWARE. I have decided the pains in my joints are a walk in the park compared to my last two weeks with more hell to come.
The small capsules
Allergic reaction

Taken krill oil now for over 12 months, used bio, Swiss now king krill no side affects or reactions has the same ingredient so should be as good. As Kazza27 admitted, he or she should have read the warnings first? I guess now that he/she is aware they may be allergic to shellfish or seafood, Might be a good idea to give all similar products a wide berth. Maybe try a similar vegetable oil based product instead ? I have only just started on the krill oil as I have both heart (triple bypass) and knee joint pain. Will need a couple of weeks or months before I know if it has helped.