Toy Universe

Toy Universe (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Toys & Game Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Received damaged items, couldn't contact seller

I ordered a whole bundle of toys, to use as birthday gifts. Postage was prompt and prices were great. Unfortunately two of the items had damaged packaging so I wasn't keen to use them as birthday gifts. Have tried calling the 1300 number on the website numerous times over the past few days but just get the engaged signal each time. Sent email with photos of damaged items two days ago and still haven't heard back. Tried calling them again but can't get through. Damaged items — that happens sometimes. It's the poor communication that is the biggest issue here.
*Update: seller contacted me after several days and offered free return of damaged items.

Thank you for your review, we did ascertain that there was an issue with your mobile at the time you were trying to contacts and we're glad you enjoyed the immediate replacement of your damaged items once you contacted us on Live Chat.I was calling from my landline, with no issues trying to call other numbers! And I contacted you via email, then returned my item for a full refund. Thank you for getting things sorted in the end. I do appreciate this. Just wanting to get the facts straight.

Amazing service!

We ordered two Schleich sets and a horse and they were delivered very promptly as per clear email communication. When my daughter opened her present one of the sets was incomplete. I emailed Toy Universe and they responded within minutes. They arranged for a replacement set to be dispatched and told us not to worry about returning the incomplete set. Fantastic service. I will definitely buy from Toy Universe again.

Poor service and communication, slow to post

I put some Schleich items on layby as their prices seemed to be the best online. A few weeks in and I received notification that my order was cancelled with no other explanation. WhenI followed this up it turns out it was a mistake ; fair enough.

The layby was completed and I was told it would be shipped shortly after. Nearly a week later my item was still awaiting shipment! As it was a present for a birthday that was the following day I emailed to say I would rather cancel it and get a refund. There was no reply. I emailed again the next day and still no reply. Shortly after I receive notification that my order is shipped! I emailed asking why this was so as I said I wanted a refund. Still no reply and when I tried to call the mailbox for the number was full. I have still not received a reply to any of my emails. They have basically ignored my queries and requests. This does not seem like a company who values its customers or want repeat customers.

I would not recommend this company at all, no matter how good the prices are. Horrible customer service and communication - AVOID!

Thank you for your review, and we're sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Our business was moving to a brand new state of the art warehouse when your layby completed, and we did experience extended downtime with our phones and internet during this process and order shipments were delayed as was displayed on our website. We waived your layby and cancellation fees as a small apology for the inconvenience caused. We hope you return again and experience our high level of service when our business is not in the process of moving.

Bad business etiquette/ misleading advertising

I bought the aqua dragon "Includes light up base" as listed on their website graphic, however when product is received there were not with light up base. Called them direct hoping to resolve. But they only offered a refund if item is returned but will not pay for postage cost. There isn't any point as postage cost will cost more than the toy. Hence, I dispute through paypal and luckily I took a photo with my iphone prior. Now Toy Universe not only declined my dispute and have updated their image to the correct one. I do hope Paypal will assist me to obtain back my money for their own mistake. How dishonest are this people!!!

Paypal did find after some investigation that our listing was correct and we were not trying to deceive you. Occasionally products listed overseas do differ from Australian versions and we recommend our customers view our entire listing. We did offer to provide you with a full refund and we're sorry you didn't take us up on our offer of fixing this issue for you.

Good online toy shop, great range of wooden railway toys!

I ordered from Toy Universe for the first time last week because they had a great range of wooden railway toys from several big brands (Thomas, Brio, Bigjigs) - my son has become quite enthusiastic about his train set but those wooden train toys are expensive, so I was looking for somewhere I could get a good deal! They delivered the items quickly by courier, my parcel arrived 4 business days after I placed my order. Very happy with the toys and will order from them again.

Thanks for your review